Seung-Squared

The Story of Kang & Nam of WINNER

Hullo. I would have uploaded this earlier today, but this is obviously longer than usual xD Plus, I got a little stuck at some points :U I guess this technically counts as Monday since it's 1 AM, but whatever... it's here now ^^ This chapter, you get to see inside the maknae's head for a little bit. :o Please enjoy and thank you for your comments, I love comments :] Also, to the new subscribers: Welcome~! ( ^^ )/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No one’s POV

Seunghoon stumbles down the hallway, a little groggy after having just woken up. Before he enters the living room, he stops. Then he sighs.

Last night, he and Seungyoon had gone through the game plan. To say the least, Seunghoon was shocked when his dongsaeng had brought up “dating.” But he had to admit, he was curious to see how it’d go.

“Be cool, be cool,” Seunghoon had said before he leaned in toward the younger, who leaned back in response.

“What are you doing??” he squeaked.

“Well, we’ve got to make it look realistic, yeah? That means doing couple stuff, which includes kissing.” Seunghoon shrugged. “You don’t want to practice? I’m just trying to make it easier for you.”

“U-uh… I guess I see your point… Let’s do it then.”

Seunghoon leaned in again but before the kissing could commence, both of them burst out in laughter. “Okay, okay! Be cool, I said! Let’s try again.” The older composed himself and leaned in to try again. Seungyoon leaned in too, but he ducked his head at the last minute, laughing as Seunghoon ended up kissing his hair instead.

“We can’t do this,” the leader said after calming down.

“Yeah… I guess we’re gonna have to wing it.” Seungyoon nodded. But then Seunghoon suddenly smirked. “Don’t faint. The experience of kissing a Lee can be pretty powerful; it might make you weak in the knees.”

Seungyoon snorted. “Someone’s confident in himself.” He smirked. “We’ll see. Don’t you faint.”

“You all underestimated me when we did the drama.” Seunghoon puffed his chest out. “You shall all see the incredible acting skills of Lee Seunghoon!”

“Yeah, yeah…”

Back in the present, Seunghoon was a little nervous to see Seungyoon. He was wondering if he could really do this… Hanging all over his leader when all he wanted was Minho…

He shook his head. I can do this, he thought. He confidently stepped into the living room, Actor Lee completely taking over him. As he looked around, he noticed that Seungyoon was not there. He looked back down the hallway. Still sleeping, he concluded. He exhaled in relief and plopped down on the couch next to Taehyun.

Since Taehyun’s incident yesterday, they decided they would take a break from work and stay away from the studio today. Taehyun looked better than he had yesterday, but he still didn’t look good. Seunghoon reached over and pet the maknae’s head. “Did you sleep well, Taehyun-ah?” he asked softly.

Taehyun shook his head. “Not really…” he murmured. “But I think I’ll feel better today.”

“Good, good…” Seunghoon felt a little awkward around Taehyun now because he knew what was going on between him and Minho, so he was yet another love rival. Taehyun was also a huge source of his leader’s heartbreak and stress, so that didn’t help things.

“Hyung… do you think we could all go out to eat later for dinner again?” Taehyun asked suddenly.

“Aish~ I’m all cleaned out, maknae! We can’t keep eating out!” Seunghoon groaned.

“But there’s this Indian place I wanted to try…” The younger looked down. He perked up again. “I’ll pay!”

A chorus of “Woooooow~” was heard throughout the room, shocked at the maknae’s generosity. “Don’t act like it’s so shocking!” Taehyun laughed.

“Anyways, Taehyun-ah, you have to ask leader’s permission,” Jinwoo chimed in. Taehyun’s smile disappeared immediately. “Hm,” was his only response. Seunghoon sighed. Will he and Seungyoon never reconcile?

Speaking of Seungyoon, he still wasn’t up yet. He hummed thoughtfully as an idea began to form in his mind. Seunghoon decided he would initiate the boyfriend behavior between him and the leader. So he got up and ate a bowl of cereal before he cleaned up all the dishes in preparation for the cooking he’d be doing.

Minho scrambled into the kitchen upon seeing Seunghoon go in there. “Wow~ Chef Lee is gonna make something?” he drooled. Seunghoon laughed and said “Duh.” The other two ran in as well upon hearing this.

“Whatcha makin’?” Taehyun bounced up and down excitedly.

“Nothing for you, or any of you for that matter,” Seunghoon replied. The boys whined in unison at this. “I’m making an American style breakfast for our hardworking leader,” he chirped cheerfully.

Jinwoo’s face fell. “Why just for him?” he pouted a little.

Seunghoon turned around. “He didn’t eat all day yesterday and skipped dinner the day before that. He needs a good, hearty breakfast.” He sighed at the memory of a weak and tired Seungyoon laughing with him last night. “He was also very weak.”

“Oh…” said Taehyun. He didn’t notice that, he was too busy ignoring his friend all that time before he fainted. He frowned as he remembered how he hadn’t seen the leader any time after he woke up. It had made him deeply sad as his best friend wasn’t there when he needed him. Had he finally driven him completely away with his stubbornness? This thought made him feel completely despondent, though he wasn’t sure why it hurt him so much. He shook the thought away as he turned to go back to the living room with the others.

Seunghoon had seen Taehyun’s inner turmoil and found it interesting. With a raised eyebrow, he went back to making a breakfast prepared with love for his new “boyfriend.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seungyoon’s POV

I looked at myself in the mirror. Since we weren’t planning on going out today, I just wore a black tank top with my favorite black hoodie with a pair of black jeans. All black everything today, I suppose. As an afterthought, I grabbed my black face mask that said ‘Shut Up’ and slipped the loops over my ears. Maybe this would be a hint that I don’t want to talk today. I stopped for a moment, thinking about my members. I shook my head then. Nah, they won’t get the message. My stomach growled and I patted it. I think I’ll need to eat a lot today since I haven’t eaten for a while.

Still a little weak from hunger, I wobbled out of my room on shaky legs and into the living room where everyone was already lounging. Upon seeing me, Seunghoon’s face lit up appropriately and I smiled back. I chuckled to myself softly. It seems our little act is starting already.

Minho laughed as soon as he saw me. “What’s with the face mask? Is our leader sick?” he teased. This isn’t new; he’s always made fun of my fashion choices. I just stuck my tongue out at him.

“You’re just jealous Minho, admit it,” Seunghoon laughed back.

“Eh? Of what?” Minho raised an eyebrow.

“Because Seungyoonie looks so good.” He stuck his tongue out at him. “He’s such a handsome man~” Seunghoon sighed as he looked at me and smiled.

I blushed as he stood up and walked towards the kitchen. Ohhhh, so Seunghoon wanted to do it this way, huh? I could do it too. Actor Kang will show you what he’s about!

I whistled, looking at my hyung’s long legs in his basketball shorts. “Nice legs, hyung.” Seunghoon stopped in his tracks, looking at me with his mouth open and his cheeks very pink. I walked up to him and whispered in his ear so only he could hear. “When do they open?” I smirked as he elbowed me harshly, yelling “Yah!” as he tried to escape to attend to something cooking in the kitchen. But I wasn’t letting him get away. I wrapped my arms around his waist and pulled him back to me. “Wha~? Is hyung making breakfast just for me?” I nuzzled his neck. “What is it?” I whisper onto his skin. He shivers. Bahaha! This is Kang Seungyoon’s revenge for making me blush like that earlier!

“Y-You’ll find out if you leave me alone and let me get it!” He wriggles out of my grasp and I chuckle at how flustered I made him. I admire my handiwork as Seunghoon is clumsy in the kitchen with his face completely red. I walk over to the couch and plop down next to Minho, taking out my headphones and plugging them in. As I’m trying to decide what song I want to listen to, I notice everyone gaping at me.

I notice Taehyun, and my heart pangs a little. He doesn’t look well. I hope he gets well soon… I nearly sigh out of heartbreak, remembering how much I’ve hurt him and that I’ll never get to be with him the way I am with Seunghoon now. He has Minho, and in the end, I’ll have no one.

However, I am the leader. It wouldn’t do to show this side of me. So the actor in me takes over and I give my most dazzling smile as I sigh dreamily. “He’s so cute~ ottoke~?” I close my eyes and sink deeper into the couch, listening to my music with a smile on my face.

A few minutes later, I smell deliciousness and open my eyes. I look behind me and notice Seunghoon coming closer to me with a plate of eggs and bacon with toast. I close my eyes again and lean back, sighing. This is gonna taste like heaven. I my lips.

“Here,” Seunghoon says. He leans over me and places the plate on my lap, then hands me a cup of orange juice.

“Thank you~!” I cheer. “Man, this looks good…” But of course, Seunghoon can’t leave me alone. I bet he’s mad that I got him all whipped up earlier.

“Ah ah,” he interrupts, placing his hand on my shoulder. “Such good cooking doesn’t come free.”

I lean my head all the way back on the couch and look up at him. “What does it cost, then?” I’m a little afraid of the glint in his eye.

My fears are confirmed when he smirks at me and says lowly, “You know.” My mouth drops open a little in disbelief. He just puckers his lips at me. I mentally groan. I wish we had practiced this. I’m scared that I’m gonna crack up just at the sight of him looking like that.

I reach my arms up, and he moves my mask down from mouth a little. I hear a collective gasp as Seunghoon leans down and pecks me lightly on the mouth. He pulls back and smiles down at me. I silently cheer. We made it!

“Actually,” Seunghoon says, “I was looking for something between the lips.” I can tell he tries so hard not to wiggle his eyebrows at me.

I blush and go back to my food. “Cheeky bastard, go away and let me eat.” I pick up the fork and get a mouthful of heaven.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later on, after everyone’s dressed, everyone’s doing random things. I can tell no one knows how to react to me and Seunghoon, as an awkward vibe has settled through the dorm. Jinwoo had scampered off to his room while I was eating, and I immediately felt guilty. We hadn’t thought about poor Jinwoo. This must be killing him, especially after he saw Seunghoon kiss me… I know exactly how he feels. I just hope Minho will get with the program and fall for Seunghoon quickly so Jinwoo doesn’t have to suffer anymore. It hurts me to see my elder looking so sad.

Throughout the day, Seunghoon and I have been trying to get at each other by doing romantic things. Seunghoon would run his fingers through my hair every time he passed me and always call me “Seungyoonie” lovingly. I was much less romantic with it as every time I saw him bent over or with his out in anyway, I would walk past and slap it, making him yelp in surprise each time.

Other times we would be civil and act almost like normal, but we still tried to maintain the couple image. Like when Seunghoon came back out after getting dressed. He plopped down on the couch next to me, listening to his music with his eyes closed. I leaned my head on his shoulder, and he leaned his cheek on top of my head.

Minho and Taehyun looked on in shock with questioning gazes the whole time, but still refused to comment. Come on, Minho! You know you’re wondering what’s up with me and Seunghoon!

Eventually, Jinwoo reemerges. He looks like he’s been crying, but he tried to cover up his puffy eyes with make-up. Good try. Leader sees all. I want to hug him, but I suspect I’m the last person he wants comfort from, since I’m the one who has Seunghoon now.

He’s lying on the couch watching TV while I’m sitting in front of the window playing my guitar. It’s nighttime now. We haven’t eaten dinner yet, so I’m wondering if they want to go out tonight. I stop playing and turn to Jinwoo to ask him, but I shut my mouth when I realize he’s been staring at me. He has a peculiar look on his face, like he wants to ask me something but doesn’t know how. I tilt my head and look at him confused. He opens his mouth to say something but just then the others enter the room, shoes in hand.

“Yo, leader,” Minho says. Seunghoon is preoccupied with his phone and Taehyun isn’t looking at me. I sigh. I should really try to at least mend our friendship; I can’t go on with him treating me like this. “Taehyun wants to try this new Indian place, can we go?”

I absentmindedly pluck at a string on my guitar. “Didn’t you just go last night? Who’s buying?”
Minho smiles. “Taehyun, of course!” He throws an arm around his shoulders, and I clear my throat to try to cover up my jealousy and annoyance with him.

“Oh? He must really want to go then.” I cut my eyes at Taehyun. “Can’t say no to my maknae…” I say softly. I see him clench his jaw. I sigh. “Let’s go then.” I put my guitar aside and stand up. We all shuffle over to the door to put our shoes on, and then head out the door.

We walk since the restaurant isn’t too far away. Taehyun is entertaining Jinwoo while Minho is messing with Seunghoon. I smile at that. It seems like the plan is working. “At least somebody will be happy in this house…” I mumble. I trail behind the others as I make a call to the manager to tell him we’re eating out, and he says he’s managed to get us a private room as a precaution against crazy fans. “Good, good… thanks,” I say. We don’t want Taehyun uneasy.

I hang up and notice Seunghoon hanging back and walking with me. I show my surprise. “What about Minho?” I whisper.

Seunghoon rolls his eyes. “He’s not mine yet. It’s a process.” He looks at me, concerned. “You okay?” he mouths.

“Yeah,” I whisper back. “I’m just trying to figure out how to mend my friendship with Taehyun… Even if I can’t be with him, I miss him.”

Seunghoon bites his lip like he wants to say something, but thinks better of it. “You’ll figure out something.”

“I hope all of this works out soon… the group’s chemistry is no good.” I pinch the bridge of my nose. “Taehyun hates me, Minho annoys the hell out of me… Jinwoo-hyung is always sad. So sad…” There’s so much stressing me out, and all this love business isn’t making anything better.

Seunghoon grabs my hand and laces our fingers together. “But hyung will still be sad even after all this if I get with Minho…” He looks down. “It’s a lose-lose situation for him… this .” He looks up again, his expression strained. “He deserves so much better than this.” Then, so quietly I almost don’t hear it, “Better than me.” I give him a look. There’s something about his tone, but I don’t quite know what it is. I shrug and let it go. The stress is getting to both of us, I guess.

“I’m so sorry I dragged you into this hyung, I—“

“Shut up,” he cuts me off, tugging at my face mask. “You’re my friend, and my dongsaeng. You can always come to me, I’d do anything for you.”

I smile. I love my hyung. “Me too.” I flick his earring with my free hand.

“Clearly.” He swings our hands and laughs. I laugh too.

“Ready to go back to pretending that you love me?”

“I do love you… just not like this, really.” He chuckles some more.

“Y’know, I really feel like we’ve gotten closer…” I bump my shoulder with him.

“Yeah… maybe too close. But I don’t mind. I’ve never disliked you.”

“Gee, thanks, hyung.”

“No problem.” He snickers. “But I don’t think friends make out.”

“What?!” I stop, my mouth wide open. “We’ve never made out! Have you never had a real kiss before, hyung? You sound brand new to this thing!” I start laughing so hard I bend over.

“Hey, hey! Don’t laugh!” He sulks. “Well why don’t you show me then?” I stop laughing. “I don’t mind. Your lips are really soft. Like two cherry red pillows for my mouth to rest on.” He gives me a really skeezy look and waggles his eyebrows at me.

We both start laughing again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taehyun’s POV

At the sound of Seunghoon’s laughter, Jinwoo looks back. He sees Seunghoon’s smile and Seungyoon’s laughter, their swinging hands laced together tightly. His smile wilts upon seeing them. Then he turns back and smiles bitterly. “I’m happy that he’s happy…” His eyes water. “It just that it’s with somebody else.”

I frown and look back too, quickly looking away. I’ve been so confused when it comes to our leader lately. He makes me SO, so mad… he just does the most idiotic things! Sometimes he’s so selfish and stupid when it comes to other people’s feelings; I swear he’s the most oblivious creature on planet Earth. I bet he hasn’t even noticed how much it’s killing Jinwoo to see him with Seunghoon like that. He knows how Jinwoo feels.

He makes me sad. I didn’t know what was going on while I was having that episode in the studio, but all I knew was that I needed him close. And he was… until I woke up. Then he wasn’t there. He was gone, just like that. It’s like he cares, and then he doesn’t. It hurts.

He hurts me. He’s been shutting me out lately; I know he has because I know him. Like no one else. I’m his best friend, but I guess he doesn’t want to be mine. He lies to me, he doesn’t talk to me, tries to make up with me in the most stupid ways… He has tried, but for some reason I can’t forgive him. I don’t know why. He cut me deep, and he’s making me feel all these ways about him, which is confusing. He confuses me so damn much!

And now? I don’t know. Seeing him laugh it up with Seunghoon makes me feel like he’s replaced me. I tried to do the same with Minho, but he can’t replace him. Not Seungyoon. He’s different. I just don’t know why. But it doesn’t matter; he’s already replaced me with Seunghoon and maybe… maybe they’re even more than what we were. It’s not fair. Why should I be left alone? What did I do? He messes me up so much… But I don’t say anything. I can’t. I have to keep it all in, for the sake of the group.

And that makes me mad.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seungyoon’s POV

We’ve reached the restaurant, and the hostess has shown us our room. There are five pillows set out for us to sit on around the low table, and everyone starts picking seats. I sit down, and Seunghoon let go of me to go sit on the pillow next to Minho. Then, he looks like he has another idea and he turns around and comes back over to me. I look up at him questioningly when he just stands in front of me. My legs are spread and I’m propped up on my elbows, trying to relax.

“What?” I ask.

“Nothing.” He shrugs and promptly sits down in between my legs, making himself comfortable. I roll my eyes and stay where I am.

The waitress comes in and takes our drink orders and quickly leaves to go fetch them. There’s silence again, and I peek around Seunghoon to look at everyone. They’re staring at us again.

“What?” I ask for the second time.

“U-um…” Jinwoo stammers.

“What’s going on between you two?” Minho blurts out.

“Uhhh…” My mind kind of goes blank and I’m pretty sure I have a really dumb look on my face. I knew this would come, but I have never thought about how I’d explain this to them. I open my mouth again to answer him properly, but Seunghoon beats me to it.

“Seungyoonie and I are together.” I sit up and he leans back into me with almost all of his weight, nearly making me fall back over.

“Together how?” Minho presses.

“Isn’t it obvious?” Seunghoon answers. “Together together. He’s my Seungyoonie, and I’m his.” He smiles as I snake my hands around his waist. He then holds my hands in his.

“I hope you guys will support us,” I say carefully. I’m mainly watching Jinwoo and Taehyun’s reactions to gauge how okay they’ll be when Seunghoon and Minho are really dating. Well, as okay as Jinwoo could be seeing his love with someone else.

“Oh.” Minho leans back, visibly surprised. “Well all right, then. I’m happy for you guys if you’re happy.” Hmm… he doesn’t seem too jealous. I’m disappointed, and I can feel that Seunghoon is too. Jinwoo looks devastated, but he tries to hide it. It hurts my heart that we’re putting him through this. I nearly regret this whole thing. And Taehyun… I can’t read the look on his face. I’m guessing it’s intentional; he always had a good poker face. He’s so indifferent to me now, and it hurts.

We get through our meal with almost complete silence from Jinwoo and Taehyun completely ignoring my existence. Otherwise, everything’s pretty normal. I still hate to put Jinwoo through something I went through, but I can’t help him. The last thing he needs is the guy who took his love from him to try to comfort him.

Afterwards, we waddle back home with our bellies full with good food. Once we enter, I address everyone. “Sleep well everyone, we go back to work tomorrow.” Everyone responds except the maknae. I grab his arm and wait for him to look at me. “Hey.” He finally looks up at me. “You hear me? You too, okay?” I say softly, looking him in his eyes. He just looks at me, his eyebrows slightly knitting in confusion before it goes away and he nods slowly. Then he moves my hand off his arm and walks away. I sigh (I’ve been doing a lot of that lately, huh?). I pull off my shoes and make it to my own room to get ready for bed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taehyun’s POV

I lie on my bed awake, the lights still on. “You too, okay?” he’d said to me. It makes me frustrated. Does he care or not?

Maybe I should talk to Seungyoon. I’m just so tired of keeping my feelings in. I need him to know. Maybe then I’ll feel better, and we can go back to how we were. Maybe then I can stop feeling so crazy.

He’s in the shower, so I think I’ll go wait for him in his room. I jump up, open the door, and literally bump into Seunghoon. I look up at him, and he gives me a surprised smile. “Whoa, maknae! Where’s the fire?” He laughs and continues on his way…

…to Seungyoon’s room.

Maybe I won’t tell him. Now’s not a good time. Maybe never will be a good time. I go back in my room and close my door.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seungyoon’s POV

Fresh out of the shower, I’m wearing nothing but a towel. I’m drying my hair with another towel as I open the door to my room. The towel flies out of my hands as for a third time, Seunghoon has startled me.

I shriek and stare at him with wide eyes. He just looks over at me. “Hey, y.” He winks and goes back to playing on his phone.

“Why do you always do this to me!?” I nearly yell at him.

“Why not?” he retorts.

“Ugh, you’re impossible.” I go to change in my closet and come back out with fresh boxer briefs (yeah~ now you know what kind of underwear I like best *wink*) and my yellow pajama pants on. “What do you want?”

“Nothing. I’m going to sleep in here.”

“You’re really dedicated to your role, huh?” I chuckle and shake my head.

“Of course. I am the dedicated boyfriend, after all.” He smirks.

I don’t mind since I’ve shared a bed with them before, this won’t be any different. “Just try not to cop a feel,” I tease as I climb under the covers.

He gets under them too as he laughs. “I dunno, it’ll be pretty hard with that gun show you’ve got going on there.” I hold up my nonexistent muscles and he laughs harder. I smile and lay my head on the pillow, dog tired after all that food. Then I lift it back up and stare at my companion. “Go turn the light off.” He rolls his eyes but complies.

When he comes back, we both settle in, my back facing him as I snuggle into the covers. I’m almost asleep when I hear a soft voice whisper, “Seungyoon-ah?”

I groan. “What? Don’t tell me you want pillow talk this late?”

“Shut up and listen to me for a second.”

I groan again and turn on the bedside lamp. I turn around to face him expectantly.

“And stop groaning, they’ll think we’re having . Ew.”

“Wh-“ I blush. “Goodnight!” I turn back over and reach for the lamp.

“No, wait! Sorry! I was just kidding!” I turn back over to see him stifling his laughter.

I sigh. “What then?”

“I think maknae was gonna come talk to you.”

“Huh?” I sit up and look down at him. “Why do you think so?”

“I ran into him in the hallway. He looked really determined, too. I think he got discouraged when he saw me come in here.”

“Oh…” I run my hand down my face. Another chance for us to talk… gone.

“I’m sorry,” he says meekly.

“It’s not your fault.”

“I wonder what he was gonna say?”

“Your guess is as good as mine.” I smile. “No one ever knows what’s going on in that maknae’s head.” I sigh again. “I hope he doesn’t give up on me. I won’t give up on him… Our friendship, at least.” I grimace at the memory of my promise to myself that I would give up on my romantic pursuit of my maknae. “I hope we get to talk soon…”

I look down and notice that Seunghoon has fallen fast asleep. I chuckle and note how his mouth is hanging open slightly. “How cute,” I say as I turn out the light and try to get some sleep myself.