Bang. (Love is Like)

The Story of Kang & Nam of WINNER

Hi! Sorry for the lateness... my Sunday was busy again 3: But I hope you like this chapter. You'll probably get a cavity, it's so fluffy. xD Once again, thanks for the upvotes and keep those comments coming! Welcome, new subscribers! ^^ Enjoy~

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Seungyoon’s POV

I sense that it’s morning, but I don’t want to open my eyes yet. Or move. I’m too comfortable. So, instead of getting up to get ready for the day, I snuggle closer to my pillow. My warm, warm pillow…

Wait. This is a pillow… right?

I frown a little as I start feeling up my pillow and am alarmed when I feel breath on my face. I open my eyes and nearly scream when I see Taehyun in front of me. I clap my hand over my mouth to prevent any noise from escaping me, seeing as how he’s sleeping so peacefully. I sit up carefully—so I don’t disturb him—and notice that I slept in his room. I look down to see that I’m still wearing my clothes from yesterday’s visit with 2NE1. I’m confused, not remembering why I’m not in my room wearing my pajamas and waking up alone.

But then I remember.

I smile at the memory of what happened last night; the biggest wish in my heart came true. Taehyun confessed to me, leaving me completely floored yet indescribably ecstatic. I still can’t believe it… I feel like it’s all a dream. I look down at him and gently run my hand through his hair, hoping that it’s a dream I never wake up from. After we’d poured out our hearts to each other, we spent the night talking and holding and kissing each other until our eyelids got heavy; I think I fell asleep first.

My heart feels like it’s going to explode from all the warmth, happiness, and love I feel, and I’m afraid it will if I continue to sit here and watch him sleep. I brush back his hair and lean down to kiss him on the forehead. Then I disentangle myself from him completely and quietly get out of bed. I leave the door open a little as I leave, then head to my room to retrieve some workout clothes and towels; we’re going back to the gym today. I look around, noticing no one else is awake yet. I shrug and enter the bathroom.

As I stand under the shower head, I think about all the changes in my life so far. I joined YGE and debuted as a solo artist under them, and I was happy. But then, President Yang created the survival program WIN and stuck me in it, confusing me and irritating me to no end. I had to prove myself to him yet again as it seems my solo efforts weren’t satisfactory. I was devastated and angry, but I put those feelings aside so I could put all of my energy into this show; I wasn’t giving up on my dream to be a singer, no matter what. I was given a second chance, and I thought that was all I needed in my life. I was happy again.

I met my bandmates soon. I knew some of them from before or I’d recognized them from TV or the internet. I knew all of them were strong at what they did, so it only motivated me to work harder so I could get to their level. All of them were extremely supportive, and I tried to be supportive as well. We lifted each other up through everything: the pain of defeat, the stress of working hard to have something good to show at the performances, the feelings of being weak and inadequate. We were all there for each other, but I have to say that Taehyun was the one I grew closest to. We’re close in age and we had similar backgrounds and countenances; I just found him the easiest to talk to. He was very important in giving me the confidence I needed when Minho got injured and I had to take over as leader. I didn’t think I could do it, but he helped me see that I could and that he, as well as the other members, would support me the whole way. And they have; he has.

In fact, I think Taehyun was the most important change in my life. Not only did he help me through everything, but he understood me. He got me. He was the first person I ever felt close to, my first best friend. I used to be really down on myself and my abilities, but he got me to get over it and see all the good I had in myself because he saw it in me. Just by being around me, just by talking to me, just by being a friend, he made me better. And he still makes me better, everyday; he makes me want to be better, to never stop improving. The person I am now is very different from the person I used to be, and it’s mostly thanks to him. I honestly don’t know what I’d do without him.

I close my eyes and tilt my head back into the pouring water, letting it run over my face as I think about the other way my knowing Taehyun changed me. My love for him changed me, too. I know now I loved him ever since we met as members of Team A—he’d stolen my heart right then and neither of us knew it. I think that was a big part of my change as well; I’m a lot warmer and softer than I used to be. I smile more, I’m happier, and I know it’s because I loved him. I can’t believe I didn’t notice it back then… the way my heart would race when we were alone, the way my heart would soar whenever he’d flash that beautiful smile just for me. Recently, this love caused me a lot of stress and heartbreak, but I’m glad I love him. He’s my first love, and I hope he’s my last.

I never thought it’d happen to me; I always thought love was for the weak, that it brought people nothing but pain. But I was also envious of those couples I’d see taking photos together in a café because I never had that before, and I thought something so precious could never be mine. I thought I was unworthy and unlovable, so it caused me to resent the feeling altogether. I had girlfriends, but I never really liked them. When they came to me bearing homemade treats, an “I love you, oppa,” and a heart full of love, I rejected them and turned them away.

I couldn’t imagine doing that to Taehyun. That’s how I know it’s real—I want to hold him in my arms forever and never let go. Whenever he makes me something, even if it’s one of his weird concoctions that makes me doubt whether or not I’ll live after trying it, I get a warm feeling inside knowing he made it for me, and I eat it happily. When he told me he loved me last night, it was the best feeling in the world… even over being crowned as Winner. It’s that special to me. And from now on, like it always was, when he comes to me with an open heart, I’ll receive him with open arms and all of my love. I feel that now I know what true happiness is like; I have my fans, I have my bandmates, and, most of all, I have Taehyun.

Finally.

I quickly finish washing and exit the bathroom, dumping my dirty clothes in the hamper in the corner of my room. When I enter, I see Jinwoo in the kitchen making breakfast and Seunghoon passed out at the table. I go over and sit next to him, poking him to try to get him to wake up. He just slaps my hands away and goes back to sleep. I frown; looking at him sleep is making me sleepy again. Finally, I give in to the secondhand exhaustion and lay my head down to sleep as well. Immediately after, a loud bang on the table makes me sit right back up and nearly jump ten feet in the air. Seunghoon is in the same state I’m guessing, since I heard a strangled cry of surprise come from my left. Minho’s looking at us with a huge grin on his face. “Gooooooooooooood morning, guys!” He looks at us expectantly. Seunghoon just lays his head back down on the table.

My heart is still beating out of my chest, so I glare at the annoying rapper. “Geez, Minho! You scared the out of me!” I cry. He just shrugs and turns to the sleeping Seunghoon. He gets another big smile on his face and slams his hands on the table loudly, making Seunghoon whip his head up out of annoyance.

“What the hell is wrong with you? Leave me be!” His eyes were slightly wide in annoyance.

“Haha, nah.” Minho just keeps grinning at him.

Seunghoon raises an eyebrow. “Something good happen to you? You just have or something?”

Minho deflates, completely taken by surprise. “Huh?”

Seunghoon just continues. “Good. It’s about time you got laid. I am so done with walking in on you watching .”

The younger rapper might as well be a tomato with how red he is. “Yah! Shut the up! I didn’t get laid!”

“Aw. That’s nothing to smile about, Minho.” Then he leans back. “You guys seriously haven’t done it? I thought you would have by now since you’re such a —“

“Can we just not talk about it??” Minho looks uncomfortable, so I change the subject.

“So what are you so happy about that you decided to spread your Mino cheer with us?” I ask, crossing my arms.

Minho instantly perks back up again. “It’s just a lovely day today. Don’t you think so?” He plants his fists on his hips and puffs his chest out. “I don’t want any trouble today…” He gives me a look as he says this, and I frown at him immediately, mouthing “What?” but he ignores me. “Just want good vibes today.”

I try again. “Minho—“

He leans over and puts a finger to my lips. I raise my eyebrows in what is probably a comical fashion. “Baby, don’t kill my vibe!” Then he twirls away as he sings the rest of Youngbae-hyung’s song. I roll my eyes and shake my head. Seunghoon pats my shoulder understandingly.

After his impromptu performance, he comes back over to us and sits down. Then he looks at me in what is a somewhat serious manner. “I just heard a lot of commotion last night…” Seunghoon winces as if he heard it too, and I immediately understand. They must have heard Taehyun stomping through the dorm and his sobbing last night… I also raised my voice a little, not taking into account the other members. “Is… is everything alright between you two…?” His eyes were begging for me to say yes, and I understand why. I’m sure the rift between the two of us those past several weeks was felt by the others, too.

Fortunately, things actually are okay, so I say so. “Everything’s perfect,” I say with a smile on my face. The two of them look at me confused, and they start to say something but Jinwoo interrupts.

He comes over and places a plate in front of Seunghoon, who smiles up at him gratefully. “Thank you,” he sings, kissing the older on the cheek. Jinwoo sits down on the other side of him with his own plate and starts eating. “You guys can fix your plates,” he says, looking at me and Minho.

Minho scoffs. “Wae? You fixed hyung’s. Why is he so special?” he whines.

Seunghoon grins. “You know damn well why I’m so special. Stop whining and go get your food.”

Minho laughs and goes to get his own food. After he comes back, I go. I get two plates, planning to make Taehyun’s as well. I load his plate with extra food, knowing how much he likes to eat; his appetite is never-ending. I balance a plate in each hand, about to turn around when I feel two arms slip around me and someone embracing me from behind. I smile, knowing exactly who it was. I turn my head to see Taehyun hugging me, his eyes closed and his hair still messy from sleep.

“Hey,” I say softly.

“Hey,” he replies, opening his sleepy eyes to smile at me. He’s so cute.

I want to hug him back, but I still have food in my hands. I gesture to the plates and say, “Um… I have food.” Smooth, Seungyoon. Smooth.

He giggles a little and steps away so I can get to the table. I set the plates down and Taehyun slides into the seat across from me. We both join the others in eating and the food is so good, it’s quiet for a few moments.

“Hyung.” I address Jinwoo, swallowing the food in my mouth. “This is really good, thanks.”

“Eh?” He looks up from his plate with wide eyes. “O-Oh, you’re welcome.” What was that? In fact, why is everyone staring at me and Taehyun? I make faces back at all of them, weirded out. I look to see if Taehyun noticed, but he’s too into his food to notice anything. I roll my eyes and go back to my breakfast.

Minutes later, we’re all done and just sitting there, staring at each other across the table. I raise my brow, willing one of them to say something. They do not. I make big show of groaning as I roll my eyes and stand up. I grab my and Taehyun’s plates, taking them to the sink and dumping them in. I head back to my room, carding my fingers through Taehyun’s hair as I pass. “We’ll leave soon, so get dressed,” I call back before I shut my door.

I flop down onto my bed and close my eyes, knowing full well it’ll take an hour for all of them to be ready. I decide to take a tiny nap and am just about to drift off when I hear a knock. “Wha?” I answer. “Go get ready, don’t delay us further.” I can be a little catty when I’m sleepy. I hear a chuckle and the door opens. I crack open an eye to see Seunghoon slip in before shutting the door again. I just close my eyes.

“Yah,” he says.

I stick my tongue out, not replying. He just comes to sit on my bed next to me and pinches my side until I yelp and sit up. Glaring at him, I snarl, “What?”

“You what,” is his reply. “You seemed really happy at breakfast.”

“Because I was.” I raise an eyebrow. “And?”

He crosses his arms and leans toward me grinning. “C’mon, you know I’m nosy. What’s got you so joyful?” He starts guessing. “You find a new fedora you wanted online? Is there a stash of snacks under your bed? Are you finally starting to get some muscle?” He snickers. “Did Taehyun run in here and confess his undying love and affection for you?” He cracks up at that.

I glare at him warily. “And why is that so funny, you prick?”

Seunghoon straightens up and quells his laughter. “Sorry, sorry. That’s not funny.” His expression turns sad. “What did happen? Something bad with maknae?”

“I told you guys earlier, everything’s great.”

“Yeah?”

“Yes…”

“No baloney?”

I give him a weird look. “No baloney…” Who says that?

“’Kay.” Then he thinks. “So. What is making you so happy?”

A gentle smile graces my face then. “Well… you weren’t wrong before…”

Seunghoon’s eyes light up and his expression turns soft as he gives me a small smile. “I knew it…” He grabs fistfuls of his hair as the smile grows, his eyes shining. “Oh my gosh, Seungyoon…!”

I’m about to reply when he busts out in laughter. I stop, confused. He’s chortling away on my covers, turning red with tears coming out of his eyes. “Oh my GOSH, Seungyoon!” He gasps for air as he tries to continue. “Seung… Seungyoohaha! How many…” He gasps again, coughing a little. I don’t know what he’s laughing at, but I’m sure it’s not that funny! “How many fedoras are you gonna buy…?” he finally gets out, laughing away again.

Oh. Oh. You are so stupid, hyung.

I kick him fiercely in the side, causing him to roll off the bed. “Whoa!!” He hits the floor hard, and I smile in malicious satisfaction. “Yah!” He sits up to glare at me. “Geez, I’m sorry I laughed about your fedora collection!!”

“You idiot!! That’s not why I’m happy today!”

“What??” He thinks. Then his face lights up and he starts clawing at the floorboards underneath my bed.

I roll my eyes. “Not snacks.”

He pops back out, confused. Then he tilts his head and narrows his eyes, gasping as he says, “No way.”

I smile then. “Yes way.”

“Dude! Show me those pecs!”

I fly at him with a pillow.

He’s wriggling underneath me, begging me to stop. I decline, opting to push the pillow down over his face in a half-hearted attempt to smother him. Goodness, when did he get so dense?? He finally rips the pillow away and glares at me severely. “The ??”

“For the last time Seunghoon, NO!”

He sits up. “But—!” He stops, realization hitting him like a wrecking ball. His mouth forms a small ‘o.’ “Oh.” He says.

“Yeah.”

“Oh.”

“Mm.”

“OH.”

“Okay, we’ve established your shock, hyung…”

“OH OH OH!!” he yells giddily, bouncing in place. “Seungyoon-ah! Oh my gosh!! For real?!”

“Yes—“
“Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay~!” He tackles me and I fall over. “Congrats, congrats, congrats!!”

I groan; my back hit the floor pretty hard. I pat his back weakly. “Thank you, thank you…”

He gets off me and just stares at me, a big smile on his face. “I’m so happy for you! So you guys are boyfriends now?”

“Yeah.” I smile at the word. I like it… I’m Taehyun’s boyfriend. I have to fight to keep a nerdy giggle from escaping my lips.

He chuckles. “Awesome. How did he react when you asked him?”

I blink. “Asked him what?”

“To be your boyfriend.” He chuckles again, giving me a look that says ‘duh.’

I frown. “I didn’t…”

Now it was his turn to blink. “You didn’t what?”

“I didn’t ask him to be my boyfriend…” I rub the back of my neck. “I thought it was a mutual understanding that we just… happened.”

“Dude. You gotta ask him.” He looks at me like I’m stupid. “He’s probably out there now, wondering what your relationship is.”

I scoff. “Preposterous. We both told each other we loved each other. What else is that supposed to mean?”

“Yeah, but that doesn’t mean you guys are together. Two people can love each other but not be together.”

I sigh. “I really don’t think Taehyun-ah is concerned…”

“Just trust me on this.”

I sigh again. Is it really that important…?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taehyun’s POV

I’ve just finished getting dressed when I come out of my room and hear shrieking coming from Seungyoon’s room. I quirk an eyebrow, but don’t go in. I continue on my way to get a banana and notice Minho and Jinwoo still sitting at the table.

“Leader’s gonna kick your if you two don’t get a move on,” I say casually as I bite into the banana. They just stare back at me. “What?”

Minho takes a deep breath. “Okay, so I’m just gonna say this. Okay?” I nod. “What happened between you and Seungyoon?”

“Eh…?” I blush. “Well, we, uh…”

Jinwoo looks at me severely. “Taehyun-ah! You didn’t…!”

I my head at him, confused. Then it hits me, and I turn redder than before. “Wh-what?! N-no! No, nononono!” I wave my hands frantically. “No!” I can’t believe he even thought…!

“W-well then??” he presses. Minho looks on, equally curious.

“We just… we just… confessed, is all…” I try to play it like it’s not a big deal, but it really is. I feel the huge smile on my face tell it all. They both look at me and start bouncing in excitement. Jinwoo squeals loudly and claps his hands.

“Oh my goodness, that’s so great!!” He laughs joyfully.

“Yeah! Cool! The angst is gone! No more strife!” He pumps a fist into the air and he laughs as well. “So you get to call leader your boyfriend, huh? He’s a good man.”

“He is,” I sigh dreamily. I sound like a schoolgirl, but I really could care less. “And yeah, I hope so… I’d love to be able to call him that.”

“Wha?” Jinwoo is surprised. “What do you mean ‘hope?’ You are! Right?”

“Well…” I play with the banana peel. “We didn’t really say…”

“You didn’t define the relationship?” Minho’s jaw drops. “Are you new? How do you know what you are to him then?”

That’s a good question. There was a lot of ‘I love you’s last night, but no talk of where we went from there. “I just assumed…”

He holds up a hand. “It’s better not to assume. Trust me.”

“Okay… so what do I do, then?”

“Ask him!” Jinwoo chirps. “Go on! Shoo! You’re wasting time!”

I smirk. “You’re wasting time. Seriously. Don’t say I didn’t warn you guys when Seungyoon comes for that .” They finally remember that we have things to do today and scurry off to get ready. I roll my eyes and head for Seungyoon’s room. I’m about to open the door when Seunghoon opens it instead. I glare at him warily as he leaves; I’m still suspicious of him, even though Seungyoon told me that their “relationship” was fake. He raises up his hands in surrender, backing away from me slowly. I enter Seungyoon’s room to find him face down on his bed. I close the door and get on the bed, crawling up to him and laying on his back. I hear him let out a small “Oof,” and chuckle a bit. He twists so he can see me, and then he smiles at me. So handsome, he is…

He starts to turn all the way around so he’s lying on his back, then he puts his arms around me. “Hey,” he says softly.

I lean my head on his chest. “Hi.”

He brings a hand up and brushes my hair out of my face. “What’s up?”

I bite my lip. “I wanted to talk.”

“Oh?” he asks, surprised.

“Mm.” I lean up on my elbows and look down at him as his hand comes back down to rest on the small of my back. “So…” He merely raises an eyebrow. “Um…” Why am I so nervous, damn it? It’s a simple question… “So what… what are we…?”

He looks a bit bewildered for a moment. “Huh?” Then he realizes what I meant. “Oh.” Then he just looks at me, not saying anything. “Well—“

“What do you want us to be?” Even if it hurt me, if he didn’t want to call himself my boyfriend, I’d take it. We don’t have to label it. Hell, we could be friends with benefits. I just can’t go back to how we—

“Hm.” He sits up, holding me in his lap. “Well, I’d like it if… if I could call myself your boyfriend.” He bites his lip. “Do you want to be mine, Tae?”

I smile then, relieved. I had nothing to worry about. I simply nod and look down. He smiles again and holds me tighter. “Good,” he chuckles. He places a kiss on my forehead, and I bite my lip to keep the goober smile off my face. Then I look back up and place my hands on his chest as I lean in to kiss him on his lips. He responds eagerly, and we do that for a minute or two. Then he pulls away and sighs, playing with my hair. “Well, you know they take forever to get ready.”

I roll my eyes. “I know. Like women.” He laughs at that and I laugh with him.

“I was gonna take a nap until then. I’m still kinda tired.” He closes his eyes then.

“Okay, sleep well.” I smile and start to get off him when his arms tighten around me.

“Ah. You don’t have to leave. Stay.” He kisses my nose.

“Okay.” I nod, and he leans back down to lay on the bed. I lay on his chest and hug him closer to me as he does the same. Then we close our eyes and sleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hours later, Seungyoon’s carrying me on his back and I’m hiding my face in his neck as the others laugh at me. I didn’t learn my lesson… despite the soreness in my legs from yesterday’s workout, I did the same one today. And now my legs are double sore. Looks like I’m staying in bed today. I don’t get why Hwangssabu-nim doesn’t let us call the company car and makes us walk home instead. We just had a whole work out! When I whined to him about it, he just said it was a good “cool down exercise.” Exercise my . He just likes seeing us in pain.

When we get home, Seungyoon carries me to my room and sets me down on my bed. As he leaves, he says, “See? No need for T.O.P-hyung. I’ll carry you wherever you need to go.” He winks, making me laugh.

I feel my phone buzz. I fish it out of my pocket and peer down at the screen. Speak of the devil…

From: Bear Hyung <3

Hey

 

Heyya.

 

From: Bear Hyung <3

What you up to

 

Nothing. Legs are jelly again. Bleh

 

From: Bear Hyung <3

Haha. I’m going out dancing =u=

 

I hope you trip and fall on your bingu

 

From: Bear Hyung <3

So disrespectful. You hurt my feels

 

You’re too old to say all that, hyung.

 

From: Bear Hyung <3

Too old?? Did you just call me old???

 

Take it how you want. *steps away*

 

From: Bear Hyung <3

Well damn

I laugh and put my phone away. Then I pout. How am I gonna reach the shower now? I don’t hear anyone in there, so it’s the perfect time for me to go.

I slide off the bed and roll to my dresser, picking out clean underwear and socks. Then I poke around in the top drawer to find some pajamas. After I have those in my hands, I roll over to the spot on the floor where my towel lays. Then I just lay there, wondering how I’m gonna reach the bathroom. I sigh and resign myself to the only option. “There’s no other choice…” I manage to climb up onto my knees so I can open the door. Then, slowly and cautiously, I start crawling to the bathroom, my supplies and clothes on my back. Seunghoon enters the hallway and stops upon seeing me, backing up a little and yelping. I look up at him. “What?”

“You what! What the !? You scared me!” He has a hand on his heart. “I thought you were ing Sadako, coming to rip my jaw off!!”

“What?!” I’m laughing hard now. “I don’t even have the long black hair!”

“W-Well! Still! What are you doing? You’re such a drama queen.” He sighs and walks over to pick me up off the floor and bring me into the bathroom. “There,” he says, placing me on the floor in front of the shower.

“Thank you!” I smile and wave as he walks away, shaking his head as he shut the door.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later, I’m sitting at my desk, working on music. The album still needs a few tweaks before President Yang gives it the final approval. I’m getting frustrated since I’ve been at this all day, skipping dinner while everyone else ate. I put my head in my hands and pull at my hair. I just can’t get this track right. I don’t know what it is. I sigh and resign myself to the fact that I probably will have to ask for help this time. I groan and write a note that says to get in touch with Teddy-hyung at some point. I’m highly annoyed; I don’t like having to ask for help.

I decide I need a break and turn away from the laptop, spinning to face the door. I move my legs around and decide the soreness has subsided enough to a dull pain. I then shakily stand up and make my way to my bed, lying down and studying the ceiling. My stomach growls, and I remember I haven’t eaten yet, further annoying me.

I wobble to my feet on shaky legs, jumping in place a little to get the blood flowing. Then I trudge down the hall to the kitchen, trying to think of what I should eat. I spot Seungyoon at the table, frowning down at a piece of paper. I make a detour and walk over to him, draping my arms around his shoulders and leaning my chin on top of his head, miserable.

He’s still glaring down at the paper, but his voice is soft as he says, “What’s the matter, baby?” I smile a little at that; he’s taken to calling me ‘baby’ in English. I don’t mind, I think it’s cute and it never failed to make me blush all day.

I kiss the top of his head. “Nothing now,” I reply. “What are you doing?”

“Trying to re-familiarize myself with all these lyrics.” I peek down at the paper and notice that they are indeed lyrics. He has a few more papers resting in his lap. “I wanna make sure I’m good with all of them so I’m not fumbling at rehearsals next week.” Next week, we join 2NE1 in rehearsals for their All or Nothing tour.

“Oh, yeah… we do start that next week.” I bite my lip. “Well if the president wanted us fit for the show, shouldn’t he have made us start working out at least a month ago? One week isn’t gonna do anything.”

He laughs. “Right? Especially me… I need all the help I can get.” He moves the papers out of his lap and brings me around to sit on his lap. He lifts up an arm and pouts at it. “There’s no muscle here.”

“Sure there is… a little bit…” I poke at his arm. I’m not lying, he has some muscles. They’re just… barely there. He just looks at me with a pitiful look on his face. I snicker. “Well that’s okay, everyone starts out like that.”

“Nu-uh.” He squeezes my arms and lets out a puff of air in jealousy. “Ugh, it’s not faaaaair, you’re so firm. I’m soft like bread.”

“I like bread.”

“No you don’t. You hate carbs.”

“C’mon. That was then and this is now. I eat bread.”

“Mhm.” He rolls his eyes. “And I’m a world-class cook.”

I laugh. “Shut up! I’m telling the truth!”

He smirks. “Yeah, okay.” He pats my back, and I move off him so he can get up. I take his place in the chair as he starts wandering into the kitchen.

I follow him with my eyes. “Well, what you lack in muscle, you make up for in .” I kick him in the . “Bubble .” I laugh into my hand and he just turns around, squinting at me.

“Are you calling me fat?”

“No. I’m just saying you’re well-endowed.”

He points a finger at me, pretending to be upset. “You’re calling me fat!”

I groan. “Aish, you’re the one wanting to take it all negative! I meant it as a compliment.”

“Hm.” He taps his chin, still squinting at me. “Well thank you.” He continues on his way into the kitchen, opening up the cupboard.

I cross my legs and dangle my foot in the air out of boredom. “Seungyoonie~?” I call in a sing-song voice. “What are you doing in there?”

“I haven’t eaten yet.”

“So let’s order Chinese food. I’m buying.” I jump up and run to get my phone. Then I remember it’s dead and on the charger, so I pop into Minho’s room. “Let me borrow your phone?” He tosses it to me, not taking his eyes off the drama he and the hyungs are watching on his laptop.

“Why can’t I cook?” Seungyoon protests. “You all act like I’m gonna burn the building down.”

I just give him a stern look. “That is a very real possibility. Plus, it tastes bad. Your cooking, I mean.”

“Taehyun-ah~!” he whines.

I shrug, looking in the phone book for the Chinese place’s number. “It’s true.” I sit down on the couch.

He walks up to me, arms crossed. “What if I wanted to make you something? Out of all the love in my heart?”

I wince. “Seungyoon-ah—“

“Well?”

“Nngh… Well I’d eat it, but you would need to take responsibility and take care of me when I suffer from gastrointestinal distress later.”

He snorts in laughter. “Taehyun!”

“And you can’t leave me either. You have to love me through my healthy moments and through my diarrhea.”

“You’re gross!” He walks away.

I smile. “Then why are you laughing?”

He comes back over and flops down next to me, kissing my cheek as I call the restaurant. “Because you’re funny.”

The food arrives, and we eat, chatting away happily. All three hyungs come out to pick at our food, Seungyoon making all of them get their own chopsticks because he was serious about me not feeding another man, even if it was a bandmate. It was fun, and we watched some movies before we went to bed. I lie down, the bed feeling inexplicably empty and cold. I realize that last night, I shared a bed with Seungyoon, and now I miss him. I’m already used to it. He’s probably fast asleep already, though, so I went to sleep alone tonight.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wake up to someone gently rubbing my back. Over time, my bandmates realized that this was the safest way to awaken me—otherwise, I may lash out and kick or punch or slap. I don’t like being woken up.

I open my eyes slightly to see Jinwoo on my bed with a hoodie on, only his nose and eyes visible as he has the drawstrings pulled tight. “Hey, maknae,” he coos gently. “Wake up, everyone else is waiting. We have a meeting with some of the tour directors, 2NE1, and Mr. Yang this morning.” I blink up at him in confusion. “He’s taking us out for breakfast,” he adds, and I nod.

“M’kay.” I shoo him away with my hands then, snuggling back under my covers.

Jinwoo just sits there. “Taehyun,” he warns, his voice severe. I ignore him. He sighs, patting me gently once. Then twice. Then he whacks me on my back with what feels like two closed fists, and I cry out.

“OW!” I turn to him in shock. “Hyung!! How could you??”

He giggles. “You wouldn’t get up. I bet you’re awake now.”

I groan. “Seunghoon-hyung’s violence is rubbing off on you. Is this how he wakes you up?”

He snorts. “Of course not. I get kisses on the forehead every morning.”

I whine. “Why couldn’t you do that to me instead of assaulting me?”

He pats my back again and stands up. “I would, but both of our boyfriends are very jealous.” He walks out, then pops back in a second later. “I brought coffee.” I’m out of bed and dressed in record time, sliding into the dining room on my socks. Jinwoo just snickers at me and hands me my coffee. The others are already awake like he said, Seunghoon and Minho collapsed together on the armchair while sipping their coffee and Seungyoon is sitting on the couch, looking over those lyrics again. I move to sit next to him, and he lifts up his legs so I can sit before placing them back down on my lap.

“When is the car coming?” I ask, blowing on my coffee.

Minho awakens from his zombie-like state long enough to answer me and sip his drink. “Should be about ten more minutes.”

“’Kay.” I lean my head back and close my eyes, letting the coffee warm me up. I’m wondering how this meeting is going to go today… it’s been a little while. But I am really excited to get onstage again and meet our fans and the Blackjacks. I miss singing for people. I just want to show everyone how hard we’ve been working, and I’m sure the others feel the same way.

Fifteen minutes pass, and Jinwoo finally turns from the window. “Car’s here,” he says, and we all shuffle out of the door. We pile into the van; Minho’s in the front rolling up the partition between us and the driver, the hyungs are in the middle listening to music, and Seungyoon and I are in the back.

I call up to Minho. “Where are we going again?” Minho shrugs. Jinwoo turns around and answers me instead.

“The president wanted to go to this really nice place that just opened up… but it’s a while away.”

I groan; it’s gonna be a long trip. I put my headphones in and settle into the seat, preparing myself for a long period of sitting.

As we’re driving along, we run into some little bumps in the road, making my knees bump with Seungyoon’s and reminding me that he’s there (I space out in cars, okay?). I look over at him and he’s looking thoughtful, staring out of the window with a hand on his chin. He’s got his earphones in, so I don’t think he’ll notice if I creep on him a little.

I take this time to look at him and appreciate how handsome he is. He’s always saying to us how he thinks he’s the least good-looking in the group, but he is way off. His dark hair is very charming, and it fits him well. I stare at his profile, and his is really attractive. You can’t really tell when you look at him from the front, but he has a really sharp jawline. And his nose… to me, it’s really cute. It just fits on his face perfectly; not too big, not too small. His lips are the most noticeable feature on his face. They’re always pink and plump and super soft—I’m the only one who knows this, naturally. Don’t even mention that beautiful smile… it never fails to make me smile too, and it’s always so bright. One would think that his lips would be my favorite thing about him physically since I’m always staring at them, but it’s his eyes that always captivate me. They’re so expressive; I always can tell what he’s thinking by looking in them. When he’s happy or smiling, they crinkle up just so, and it makes me melt; his eye smile is to die for. When he’s upset, it shows in his eyes the most, the dark chocolate brown melting into the darkest black. When he looks at me, it’s his eyes that make me blush more than anything else going on with his face; they seem to light up just for me, and it’s just one of the ways Seungyoon makes me feel special. I truly am lucky to have him. To me, he’s the perfect man; he can be so cute at times, but at other times he can look really manly and y, and that’s really attractive to me.

My eyes wander away from his face, stopping on the earring dangling from his ear. Today, it’s a tiny silver hoop with a small ball hanging from it. Of course, he’s also got on his signature fedora today, his favorite plain black one. I think I’ll buy him a purple one, just for fun. My eyes trail down his neck, a patch of pale, creamy skin exposed from the V-neck he’s wearing. From this angle, I can see the silver chain tucked away underneath his shirt. His black suit jacket fits him very well, and it makes his shoulders look broader. I would snuggle into him, but I’m not done staring at him yet. My eyes land on the many rings adorning his hand, and I take the time to look at each one.

I guess I was staring at his hand for a long time, because when I finally moved on to check out the fit of his pants, I hear someone clearing his throat. I look up and he’s smiling at me, an eyebrow raised slightly. I blush, embarrassed that I got caught. I look away and out my own window. He chuckles a little and asks, “Is this what you want?” I turn to look at him and he’s holding his hand out to me, inviting me to take it. I do.

I place my hand in his and lace our fingers together tightly before he moves our hands to rest on his thigh. I look back down at his hand again, studying it as I rub my thumb against the back of his hand. Of all the things he complains about most about his body, it’s his hands. He says they’re too feminine and he doesn’t like them. I like them just fine. Whereas my hand is a little big and thicker like a man’s usually is, his hand is a bit smaller and more long than wide. He has long, slender fingers that have slight callouses on them from plucking guitar strings—nevertheless, his hands are still soft. I’ve always wondered about why they’re so pink all the time; his knees and feet are like that, too. I draw circles into his hand with my thumb as I wonder if my poor baby has bad circulation or something. Either way, it’s one more thing that’s unique about him and I love them just as much as I love the rest of him.

My thoughts are interrupted when he squeezes my hand to get my attention. I look up at him again and he’s still smiling at me, his eyes twinkling. I blush. “What?” I ask.

“Don’t act like you didn’t spend the majority of this car ride checking me out. I saw you.” He’s teasing me.

“Psh.” I look away. “You just have a big head. What did I tell you?”

“Do not.” He suddenly leans close to me. “Am I really so attractive to you?” he whispers in my ear.

I didn’t quite know how to answer that, so I just answered honestly. “I… well, yes.”

“Hm.” He puts his arm around me, moving our hands to rest by my shoulder. He continues whispering in my ear, and I know he knows what he’s doing to me, because he’s got that smirk on his face when he feels me shiver. “Well, you don’t have to stare at me. If you ever want something, just speak up and I’ll give it to you.” He kisses my ear then, and I feel hot all over. When did he get so bold?? What happened to the shy Seungyoon, huh? Where did he go, leaving me with this tease of a man?

I can’t even respond properly. I try to “Hm,” but it comes out as a wanton “Hnnnngh.” He laughs at me, and I hide my face in his shoulder. “ing prick,” I mumble into his jacket. He just laughs at me harder and kisses the top of my head.

“You’re so cute, Tae.”

“Yeah, yeah, whatever.”

“You love me.”

“Who told you that story?”

“You did.”

“Mhm.”

He lifts my face up with his free hand and kisses me. “I love you, babe.”

“I know, me too,” I tease, looking away.

He just turns me right back to him, kissing me again. “Don’t you love me, too?” He pouts, and I kiss his pouting lips.

“Yes, Seungyoonie. I love you, too.”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Weeeeell? You liiiiiike? :D