Hot Springs (Calm Before the Storm)

The Story of Kang & Nam of WINNER

Hi ^^ I'm surprised you haven't left me :U I am sorry... I'm a author. v.v Well, the good news is that I've made a schedule for myself to balance out all the things I have to do in a week, and I will NOW be updating on Mondays instead of Sundays (unless I'm in the mood for a surpise chapter). Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter. ^^" Thanks for the comments/subs. It seriously means a lot <333

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Seungyoon’s POV

We’ve had another couple concerts since our little break. I have to say that I’ve really been enjoying myself lately… My life has never felt perfect, but I think it’s pretty damn close by now. I feel our debut date getting closer and closer, and I anticipate it excitedly. I live for the nights when we all squeeze into the hyungs’ room and talk about what we imagine it’ll be like. What our first stage will be like on Inkigayo... our first music video… everything.

Our seniors have been really cool, too. Tablo-hyung is really laid back, and Psy-hyung has been giving us some advice whenever we cross paths. And even though Hayi-ssi is younger than us, she still is more experienced than us, so it’s always interesting talking to her, too. Soohyun-ah and Chanhyuk-ssi are really cute; we try to talk to them whenever we see them, but they’re always so shy—especially Soohyun-ah.

Anyways, President Yang is being nice to us again—it’s getting kind of scary now. He’s sending us to go relax at a hot spring for a couple of days, which is really nice. I guess this is supposed to be the last kindness we get for a while, given the news he gave us: we’re going to start preparations for our debut soon! As in, actual preparations! There’s a video shoot and pictures to take and a whole lot of other stuff… We’re pretty excited. It’s finally real…

Tonight’s the night before we leave for the hot spring. Taehyun and I are in bed, relaxing before we go to sleep. He’s resting with his head on my chest as he reads a book while I stare at the ceiling, drifting off with my arm around him. He finishes up his reading and bookmarks his place before setting it aside and reaching to turn off the lamp, which was the only thing illuminating the room. I reach for my phone and start playing on it, not quite wanting to go to sleep yet. From the corner of my eye, I can see him lying on his side, looking at me.

“What?”

“Nothing,” he replies quietly. I turn to look at him fully and his gaze doesn’t waver. My eyes are drawn to his slightly muscled arms, and in the light from my cellphone, I can see his tattoos. On his left wrist is ‘Stay Gold’—I’d asked him what it meant before, and he told me it was a reminder to himself to stay grounded and true to himself no matter what may come. Underneath it is a tattoo of bananas, which is kind of funny when it’s so close to something so meaningful. There’s another one on the inside of his upper arm.

“Jean Michel Basquiat,” I read aloud. “Who’s that?”

“A very interesting man,” he answers.

“Should I be concerned?”

He smiles cutely as he closes his eyes. “No. He’s long dead.”

“Ah. So are you gonna tell me who he is, or…?”

“An artist. You should look him up; his work is good.”

“Will do.” Taehyun’s always been the artsy type of guy… far too sophisticated for a guy like me (of course, he insists otherwise). He’s always reading these books I’d never be interested in and looking up all these obscure poets and artists. I’m waiting for the day when he drags me to an art exhibit to stare at a wall of blank canvases and discuss how profound it is. I shake my head and put my phone away, lying down beside him and touching his hair. “I really do like your hair.” He’s cut it now, and it looks really good. He was so worried at first, panicking about how he’d made a huge mistake when he didn’t even cut off that much, but we assured him that he looked good.

“Good. I thought it was time for a change. I’m glad I finally did it instead of continuing to be a big chicken.”

“Maybe I should do something with my hair…” I frown, thinking about my look. I’ve looked pretty much the same ever since I joined YG. “Maybe I should dye it bright red.”

“You? Red?” He snickers.

I glare in his general direction. “What? You don’t think I could do it?”

“It’s just… You don’t… It’d just be out of character. It wouldn’t feel right.”

“Ohhhhhh, so you think I’m boring. I get it.”

“No no no!” he objects quickly. “That’s not what I meant. I’m sure it’d look nice.” Another snicker.

“You don’t sound like you mean it.” I sigh. “It’s fine… I’ll be boring forever…”

He lays his hand on my cheek. “Don’t think that way. I really think the dark hair suits you. It’s y. That’s your image, right?”

I chortle. “Me? I don’t know that the fans see me as the y one.” I turn to put my arm around his waist. “I think that would beeeeeee you.”

“True.”

“Look at you, all modest…”

“Shut up. You said it, not me.” He scoots closer. “Besides… I don’t know that I want anyone thinking you’re y.”

“Ah, I always love it when Jealous Taehyun comes out to play.”

“Jealousy and possessiveness aren’t the same thing,” he coos innocently.

I snort. “Two sides of the same coin.”

“Whatever, whatever. The fact remains that I’m the only one who knows how much of a freak you are—”

“Oh, god—”

“—and I want it to stay that way.” His hand starts to slide down from my cheek, stopping when he reaches my waist and dipping his fingers underneath the waistband of my pants.

I laugh. “You’ve been extra since your birthday. What happened?”

“I have…?” He immediately retracts his hand and moves away.

“Tae? C’mon, I was just joking.” Silence. “Tae?” I reach over and gently shake his arm. “Yoohoo? Taehyun-ah?” Still nothing. Did I upset him…?

I turn on the lamp to see Taehyun facing away from me on his side. I scoot closer and lean over him so I can see his face. His expression looks a bit distraught, and my playful mood disappears. “Hey,” I say softly. “What’s the matter? I was only kidding, Tae.”

“No, you’re right,” he answers quietly. “I don’t mean to be weird… I’m sorry.”

I hold him as I lay my cheek on his, frowning. “What do you mean?”

“I don’t… I don’t want it to be… I don’t want you to think that you have to every time I want to. And I don’t want to come off as some… that way, you know?” He’s quiet for a beat before he asks, “Am I…?”

“No, no, you’re not Tae. I didn’t mean—”

“But it’s true. I wasn’t really thinking about it, but I guess I have been wanting to a lot more often. And I don’t want you to think that I… that that’s all I want to do or want you for, because that’s not true.”

“I know it isn’t. I know—” I’m cut off by a sniffle, and I know that this topic has gotten him really emotional. “Oh, Tae… please don’t cry. I’m sorry. I don’t think that at all.”

He turns to face me, and I see the tears already escaping. “I just don’t want our relationship to become that but that’s what I’ve been doing…” Oh, my… He’s being completely overdramatic about this. If I had known it would set him off like this, I wouldn’t have at all. “It’s just I love you a lot and I’m an affectionate person, so—”

“I know, I know—”

“—and I really love all the times when we just hang out and talk or watch a movie or sing or eat or just lay here and do nothing, I just—”

I hold both of his lips together in between two of my fingers in order to shush him. “Stop. Okay? I get it. It’s not that serious, Tae.”

He looks down, then looks back up at me. “Am I being overdramatic…?” he whimpers.

“You think?” I laugh, and he manages a tiny smile as he sniffles. “Don’t feel bad about it… it’s completely normal in a healthy relationship. You aren’t being weird. I was just teasing you, honest. I’m sorry.” I kiss his forehead and his cheek with my thumb.

He wipes his tears before speaking again. “No, I’m sorry. I have no idea why I’m so sensitive about it. I just love you a lot, okay?” He smiles as he pokes me in my stomach. Then he says, “I honestly don’t know what I’d do without you, Seungyoon-ah.”

I hold him closer as I look down at him. “Lucky for you, you’ll never find out.”

“I hope not…” he trails off, suddenly deep in thought. He frowns as he mumbles something.

“Hm?”

He blinks, snapping out of it. “Ah, n-nothing. Don’t worry about it.” He smiles at me, but I’m a little worried about it. Something about his expression just now makes me uneasy… but I’ll forget it for now.

“You know I love you, right?”

“Yeah…” he says shyly, blushing a little. I snicker, and he directs a weak glare at me. “What?”

“Noooothin’. You’re just cute.”

He puffs out his cheeks. “Stop calling me cute already. Don’t you have anything else to say?”

“Of course. Gorgeous—”

“Okay, okay! Cute is fine! Just shh!” he says, laughing. I lean down to kiss him, and he relaxes into me. He tangles his fingers in my hair and I roll us over, putting my weight on him. He doesn’t mind; he just opens his legs to wrap them around my waist and bring me closer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We get to the hot springs the next day, and it’s pretty awesome. The weather is nice, the springs look extremely relaxing, and the little lodge we get to stay in looks cozy. I can’t wait to get in there. Also, they offer spa services here, so everyone’s going to get a massage… Now I can’t wait for that. I was so excited about it, I was bouncing in my seat the whole way there, annoying Taehyun and making Jinwoo giggle.

When we make it to the resort, Minho and Seunghoon are unstoppable. They run screaming inside, and the three of us left behind just shake our heads in embarrassment. We apologize for them to the staff when we enter, since the Dumb & Dumber duo is nowhere to be found. We find them hopping about in one of our rooms.

“Guys!” Minho says, jumping about. “This! Is! Gonna! Be! Awesome!” Seunghoon prances around the room, making strange noises with the goofiest smile on his face. Horrified that he has to share a room with these two, Jinwoo turns to Taehyun, probably to beg him to trade places. Taehyun just moonwalks away. He turns to me as well, but I spin away, shrugging as I slide the door to our room shut.

I collapse onto the futon while Taehyun checks out the outside area. Our last bit of relaxation before the hard promotions… let the fun begin. I close my eyes happily and am daydreaming until Jinwoo calls me. I groan, mumbling, “Hello?”

“Seungyoon-ah~!” our cute hyung whines. “Please! Come save me! Did they have soda before we left or something?? What the heck is wrong with these two! I cannot—”

“Yeah, yeah, I’m coming,” I say, getting up to go next door. I slide the door open to see Jinwoo sitting in the corner with his head in his hands as the rappers dance around, pretending to… I don’t quite know what it is that they’re doing. I stand there for a moment in amusement.

Minho cartwheels before kicking Seunghoon playfully in the stomach. “Ha! Gotcha!”

Seunghoon wails before falling down dramatically, landing in the most feminine pose possible. “Oh, Mino-senpai! I just wanted you to notice me~!”

My mouth drops open. I turn to Jinwoo for help in understanding this, but he just stares back at me with wide eyes, exasperated. I turn back to the other two. “What in the hell…”

Minho ignores me as he plants a foot on Seunghoon’s chest, pushing until the other fell. “Sorry. Senpai will never notice you.” Where on earth are they getting this Japanese from?? They at it!

Seunghoon just makes some sort of dying whale noise as he pretends to be upset that Minho won’t “notice him.” I’ve decided that I’ve seen enough, so I walk over and push Minho away from Seunghoon.

“What are you doing??” That came out sounding more shocked than I expected, but sometimes I truly cannot fathom the strangeness of these two. I look between the two of them, expecting an answer, but I get none. I sigh. Seunghoon looks up at me and I think that I’m finally going to get an explanation.

Wrong.

Fake sniffling, he murmurs, “It’s okay, Mino-san. I don’t knead you anymore.” Um… Awkward Japanese alert.

“Hyung, that’s ‘need,’ not—”

“I have Yoon-senpai.”

…Wha…?

My eyes bulge out of my head as I stare at him. “You what—?”

“I love you, Seungyoon-kun~!”

Cue nervous laughter from me. “What is this…?”

Then Minho sidles up to me and whispers, “This. Is. Sparta.” I… I can’t even react to that. “Shhh.”

I hear a familiar song start to play, and I slowly turn to the doorway. Taehyun is standing there with Jinwoo clinging to his arm for dear life. My boyfriend just stands there, smirking at me as the song plays and I try to figure out what song it is. When I realize, my eyes widen and I lunge for the door. “You !” I cry, trying to move but Seunghoon and Minho hold me back. Taehyun cackles and tosses the phone inside, the song still playing as he slides the door shut and runs away with Jinwoo.

I cry out. “You s! Get back here!” I yell, panicking as the hyungs start laughing again and tugging at me. “”HOW DARE YOU LEAVE ME WITH THESE MANIACS!?”

I hear CL’s voice and recognize the song… how fitting.

Men-boong.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taehyun’s POV

Seungyoon’s mad at me because I left him with the crazy hyungs. He’s pouting now as he takes off his clothes in the corner and I giggle. He needs to get over it… everyone else found it funny. I already have my towel on, so I sit on the bed and watch him, smiling.

“Oh come on, Seungyoon-ah,” I tease. “It wasn’t that bad.”

“You weren’t there.”

I laugh at how traumatized he sounds. “I’m sorry, love.”

“No you aren’t.”

“True.” I tap my chin thoughtfully. “You’re going to forgive me at some point anyway, so just do it now.”

He folds his towel over his swimming bottoms and sighs, hands on his hips. Then he looks at me, contemplating something. Finally, he walks over to me and flicks me on my nose.

“Ouch!”

“I forgive you, Tae.” He sits down next to me and lays back. “Mmm, I can’t wait for the massage…” He smiles.

“Yeah, me either. I need it.” I rub my shoulder; there’s definitely a knot back there. “Minho tried to give me one a few weeks ago, but his skills were inadequate. He said he’d have to sit there for hours to work out my knots.” I pout slightly at the memory. “Lamer…”

“Well you are really tense.”

“It’s not my fault… I’m just naturally stiff.”

“Hm. Ask for a deep tissue massage.”

I snort. “I’m hella ahead of you, Seungyoonie. I made damn sure that they could do it and my body is ready.”

He stands up, stretching. “Yeah, my body is ready too.” He exhales contentedly as he walks to the bathroom. “Can’t wait,” he says excitedly. I chuckle at his enthusiasm before I notice his back.

Well, .

I gasp, but he doesn’t notice. He starts fixing his hair in the mirror, and I snap out of my surprise to question him. “Uh, what are you doing? We’re going in a hot spring. You don’t need to fix your hair.”

He ignores me. “Gonna go get in this hot spring,” he sings, his voice that y tone I like. “Then gonna go get this massage~.” He starts doing his trademark wiggle dance, and I roll my eyes as I get up to stand beside him. I approach him and tentatively wrap my arms around his waist from behind. He immediately stops dancing and looks at me through the mirror, eyebrow raised. I drop my chin onto his shoulder and lean on him, my expression apologetic.

“Seungyoonie, I’m sorry.”

“Huh? Why?”

“…You can’t get a massage today.”

He gets even more confused. “What do you mean? Why not??”

I hug him tighter as my voice gets quieter. “…I scratched you.”

“…Eh…?”

I turn him around so he can see. Then he murmurs quietly, “Oh.” Long scratch marks are bright red against his pale skin from when I’d dragged my nails down his back during last night’s activities.

“I’m sorry,” I say again. I really am. I feel really bad, but we can’t risk the staff here seeing them and starting any troublesome gossip.

“…It’s okay, Taehyun-ah.” He was so excited… now he just sounds sad. My face falls.

“I’ll do it. Later, after we come back from the spa.”

“You don’t have to, Tae. It’s okay.” He turns away from the mirror to look at me as he puts his hands on my waist.

I shake my head. “You were really looking forward to it. I feel awful.”

He slides his hands back to catch my hands and holds them in his own. Shrugging, he replies, “You can’t help what you do in the throes of passion.” Then he smirks. “I’m glad you—”

“Don’t start,” I interrupt, rolling my eyes. “And I won’t take no for an answer. I’m giving you a massage when we get back, and that’s final.”

He chuckles. “Okay, baby.” I give him a quick kiss before I pull him by the wrist to the door that leads to the outside area where our spring is.

“Time to go in the hot spring~!” I cheer excitedly as I skip to where the hyungs are already waiting in the water. I stop at the edge and look down at them. “Does it feel good?”

“Oh yeah,” Minho says blissfully. “So good.”

“We need one of these at home,” Jinwoo sighs happily.

“Mm~,” Seunghoon agrees quietly.

Seungyoon slides in with ease, immediately sinking down in his spot. Minho pats my leg. “Come on in, the water’s fiiiiine~.”

“So fine~”

“Fine~”

“So good~”

Everyone sighs their satisfaction, so I guess it’s alright. I stick one foot in and immediately yank it out. “Sheezus! That’s hot!”

Seunghoon cracks an eye open. “That’s right~! Good job, Taehyun! You’ve discovered the secret to the hot spring!”

“Shut the hell up,” I mumble. I’m immediately splashed with hot water. “Eep!” I yelp.

“I heard that! Disrespectful maknae.” Seunghoon shakes his head. I whine, puffing out my cheeks. “And stop all that whining, you baby.”

I roll my eyes and finally decide to just sit. I’m immediately glad that I did. I sink down, relaxing as I adjust to the heat. “Oh my gosh… All the nerves in my body just screamed ‘yay,’” I moan, happy.

Minho pats my back. “Welcome to the good life, maknae.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My hands slide slowly up Seungyoon’s back, and he lets out a sound of contentment. I smirk, sitting back up to start over again. “Are you good?” I ask. I’m making good on my earlier promise to give him a massage, and he seems like he’s enjoying it so far.

“Hm?” He’s so blissed out that he probably didn’t even register what I said. Damn, if I wasn’t in Winner already, I’d become a masseuse with the response he’s giving me.

I giggle. “I said are you good?” I rest my hands on his back.

“Oh! No no, keep going. It feels good.” He closes his eyes again and relaxes under me. I go back to my previous activity. “Do you feel better?”

“Yeah, I really needed that massage,” I say, remembering how good it felt. It felt so good, I fell asleep. Seunghoon slapped me to wake me back up so I could feel the magic that was the massage.

“Good, good.” He doesn’t say anything, and I don’t prompt him to. I just continue to massage his back for him—he’s so tense. I think about how I’m kind of returning a favor to him. Seungyoon is really sweet to me all the time. If my back hurts a lot the morning after we’ve made love, he’ll lay in bed with me and rub my back the whole time as he gives me ice cream and painkillers. Whenever I don’t feel good, he makes me tea with honey in it, just the way I like. Whenever I wake up at night, unable to sleep from one of my sudden bouts of self-loathing, he always gets up with me and talks me back to sleep, whispering sweet nothings in my ear. He takes care of me well, and I jump at every opportunity to show that love back, even when it’s something as simple as this.

I run my hands down his back a final time, feeling that I got all the kinks out. “All done,” I say, patting him gently. He doesn’t move. “Seungyoon-ah?” He hums in response, sounding out of it, and I chuckle at him. I lean down to kiss his nape before rolling off of him and lying next to him. Seungyoon finally moves and props his head up on one arm, looking down at me. “What?” I ask.

“Let’s play Cheesy Couple Questions.”

I wrinkle my brow. “And that is…?”

“We ask each other cliché couple questions to pass the time.”

I mirror his position, interested. “And what kind of questions would those be?”

With the most serious expression on his face, he asks, “When did you realize you loved me?”

I laugh, closing my eyes and turning away. “You don’t want to play a game. You really want to know!”

“So?” I turn back to him and he’s blushing. “D-Do not. It’s a game.”

“A made-up game. Are we seriously doing this? This is reaching astronomical levels of cheesy.”

“Well…”

I sigh. “And here I thought that you’d be able to go for a while without doing so. I thought wrong… I should have known.”

He looks down. “We don’t have to. Forget it. It’s stupid.”

“No, I’ll play your ‘game.’” I put air quotes around the word ‘game.’ “When did I realize I loved you, was it?” He nods. “I thought I already told you this.”

“Tell me again.”

“You really want to hear it…” I let out a breath before continuing. “I’d had suspicions for a while, but I never quite got to that conclusion even remotely until after you’d left.” I trace circles onto the blanket absentmindedly. “At that time, my feelings were all crazy, but I was able to think about it clearly without you there to distract me.” He makes a noise at this, but I shush him. “After talking to Jinwoo, I’d confirmed my suspicion that I was in love with a certain skinny man.”

He laughs. “‘Suspicion?’ You make it sound like a bad thing.”

I smile at him. “Never. But yeah. I think I started thinking that I didn’t just like you as a mere friend during the WIN program, but I wasn’t sure what then.”

“Ah. I see.” He looks thoughtful. “I guess I was the poor fool to fall in love first.”

This interests me. “Really?”

“Yeah. You had me from when I met you as my fellow band member of Team A. I just didn’t know it then.” This little er looks me dead in the eyes as he says this, with this tone in his voice that always makes me turn to mush.

I blush. “Hey! T-That wasn’t the question! You didn’t answer it right!”

He chuckles at my being flustered. “No?”

“No! For all you know, that’s when I could have fallen in love, too!”

“Was it?”

“…Probably not.”

Another full-fledged laugh. “Alright, so don’t get all offended! It’s okay. It doesn’t have to be love at first sight, y’know.”

“Yeah… but I can’t help but feel like you beat me at something,” I mumble, to which he just ruffles my hair.

“Anyways, I realized after I’d desperately went to Seunghoon-hyung for help and he showed me what my ‘weird’ feelings were. This was immediately before I started ignoring you altogether.”

“Ohhhh. So that’s what that was…” It all makes sense now. “My turn. What’s your favorite thing about me?”

“Dat .”

I punch him. “What ? That’d be more legit if I’d said that about you, bubble . Be serious.”

Slightly pouting at me and rubbing his arm, he thinks. “Mm… there’s so many. I don’t know if I can pick just one.”

“Well, you’ve gotta.”

He whines. “Well, it’s too broad of a question! You mean physically, or…?”

I groan. “Fine. Physically. You’ll talk forever if I dare ask you what you like about me as a person.”

He hums in thought. “Physically… I think your smile is best.”

“Boooo,” I interrupt. “Cliché.”

He just sticks his tongue out at me. “It’s true. Nothing can make me happier than when I see your smile and hear your laugh. It literally brightens my day a little more every time you do it. You’re already beautiful, but when you smile, you’re…” He pauses, thinking of the right word. “Radiant. You’re absolutely glowing.” I’m speechless, so he continues. “It’s dazzling to look at, and it never fails to take my breath away—”

“A-alright!” I hold a hand up. “Enough!”

He snickers. “If it makes you feel any better, your eyes are a very close second. I like the color and how they change depending on what you’re feeling.”

“Yeah? Your eyes do the same thing,” I say, tapping his nose with my finger.

He hums. “Okay, your turn.”

I lean closer to him, giving him a soft kiss. After I pull away, I whisper, “Lips.”

“Really?” He looks a little surprised. “I really thought that you’d say my .”

I chuckle. “Nah. I mean, it’s pretty great, but there are other things I like better.”

He gives me a weird look. “Like what? What else is there?”

“Well,” I start, counting on my fingers. “There’s your eyes—”

“Copycat.”

“—then your hands—”

His eyes widen. “My hands??”

I pick up the pillow and hit him with it. “Shut up! Yes, your hands!” I blush as I continue. “And your hair, your smile, your arms, your neck—”

“Whoa, whoa. I gotta hear an explanation about the neck.”

I fidget. “I just have weird tastes, okay? Like how some people have a thing for feet…”

“You have a thing for necks…?”

“Not necessarily in that way, but yeah, I notice some things others wouldn’t. Like the hands, the profile, the neck—particularly the nape.” He rubs the back of his neck subconsciously. “Yeah, you’ve got a y nape.” His eyes widen a little before he chuckles cutely, embarrassed as he drops his eyes.

“Wow…”

“Mm-hm.” I lie on my back and stare at the ceiling, bored with this ‘game’ already. “What if I got a nose ring? Like Jay Park?”

He looks over at me. “It’d be cute, but no way in hell President Yang would let you have that.”

“I got away with getting another tattoo.”

He snorts. “More like there wasn’t anything he could do about it. He can just rip that out of your nose on the spot.” I puff my cheeks out in annoyance.

“Lydia-noona’s got one…”

“Noona’s not an idol, baby.”

So unfair… “It’d be so cute, though…” I whine. “Well, what about a tongue ring?”

He makes an appreciative sound. “That’d be y.”

I smirk. “Yeah, I guess it would be good for you…”

He waggles his eyebrows suggestively and I snort, looking away. “What if I got a lip ring? Now THAT would be attractive.” He sounds pleased with himself for thinking of it.

“Hell no.” I turn back to him. He raises an eyebrow, not understanding. I put my hand on his cheek and touch his lips with my thumb; he darts his tongue out to me. “No way I’d let you ruin your pretty lips with something like that.”

He rolls his eyes. “But it’d be hot, right?”

I sigh. “I think you’re hot just the way you are.”

“Aww…” Seungyoon’s smiling at me widely. “Look who’s caught the cheesy!”

I hit him with the pillow again. “Go away!” He just laughs and gets up to get dressed for bed. I’ve already changed into my pajamas, so I just wait for him on the futon.

When he comes back, the lights are off and he lies down next to me. “Let’s enjoy the rest of our time here.”

“Mm,” I reply.

“Sleep well, Tae.”

“You too, Seungyoonie.”

I drift off to sleep facing him, the rhythmic sound of his breathing lulling me into darkness.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wake up with a start, sweating and breathing heavily. I reach around and can’t find Seungyoon anywhere, and I panic. Just as I’m about to call out for him, the lights flick on and he’s at my side in a second. He pulls me to his chest and rubs my back, shushing me. “You were dreaming, Tae, it’s okay.”

I’m still a little disoriented. “Seungyoonie…?” I cling to his shirt tightly.

“I’m here, baby, I’m here.” He kisses the top of my head and holds me tighter. “It was a nightmare, right?” he asks gently. I nod, burying my face into his chest. “Want to talk about it?”

I try to remember what had happened in my nightmare, but my mind draws a blank. I shake my head. “I… I can’t remember,” I say, trying to breathe normally.

“Well whatever it was, it’s over now. You’re okay, honey.” He my hair as he rocks me gently.

However, I’m not so sure about that statement. I can’t really describe it, but I just have a really, really bad feeling. I’m quite uneasy, and I know that he can feel me shaking. That dream gave me lingering feelings that maybe it wasn’t just a dream… maybe it’s a warning of things to come…?

The thought of that scares me. Everything is wonderful right now. Everyone is happy; I’m happy. Our group is debuting soon. Everything’s falling into place…

Why now?

“…Seungyoonie?”

“Yes?”

“I… Everything’s gonna be okay right? I suddenly don’t have a good feeling… like it’s not just from the dream?”

“What do you mean?”

“I get this… vibe that something’s gonna happen. Something bad. I’m scared.” I grip his shirt tighter, trying to squeeze myself closer to him. Somehow, I just feel safer in his arms.

He runs a hand through my hair. “Everything’s okay, baby. Nothing’s gonna happen. Everything’s fine. Alright?” He pulls back to look at me, brushing my sweaty hair out of my face.

My voice sounds so small when I speak. “…Promise?”

“I promise.” He kisses my forehead. “Okay?”

Slowly, I nod, and he holds me close to him again for a few more minutes. He gets up to turn the light back off before crawling on the futon next to me to wrap his arms around me. the padlock necklace around his neck, I close my eyes and try to sleep again, already warmer and more at ease in the arms of my love. I decide to believe Seungyoon’s words. Everything’s gonna be okay.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How wrong we were. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Aaaaand that's a wrap. Whoa, look at that word count :o Next few chapters are the last arc (next chapter is *NOT* the last one) . It will be sad. But remember what I promised... happy ending! Okay? :'3