Hope

The Story of Kang & Nam of WINNER

Double-updated, as promised. Enjoy the fluff~

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Taehyun’s POV

I zip into the bathroom and clean myself up quickly. Then I head to my room and start looking for something to wear other than Seungyoon’s t-shirt. I take it off and throw it in my laundry pile, planning to wash it later. As I’m dressing, I look over at the time. I’m pleasantly surprised that it’s still morning; I’ll have plenty of time to reach my destination.

I stop and smile again as I remember the revelation I had just now. I love Seungyoon, and he is going to know about it. I don’t think I can go another day without him here… I just miss him too much.

In the kitchen, I wash some fruit and pack it away in a container. I grab my water bottle and fill it up so I won’t be thirsty. When I’m sure I have all the snacks I need, I dash back to my room and grab my backpack, my neck pillow resting inside it. I’m just antsy to see our leader again.

I pause. Speaking of the other members… They should probably know where I’m going. No one’s up yet, so I write a note for them to find when they do get up. I then pack everything away into my bag and walk down to the lobby so I can wait for the company van to come get me. After a few minutes, it finally arrives, and I get in.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is it. I am now standing in front of Seungyoon’s mom’s house. I walk up to it, gripping my backpack straps. It’s a little scary… what if his mom is here? I fidget in front of the door at the thought. Of course she’ll be here—it’s her house. I’ve always felt a little weird talking to her… I’m not really sure why, though.

I shake away my anxiety as much as I can and ring the doorbell. It’s quiet for a beat, and then I hear feet padding to the door. It opens, and standing in the doorway is the small woman who raised my hyung.

She looks very surprised, a little confused even, but quickly wipes that look away with a smile. “Ah, hello Taehyun-ah!” She beams at me while she fixes her glasses. “Well don’t just stand there! Come in, come in.” I bow politely and enter, leaving my shoes at the door. I look around as I follow her to the living room. It’s a quaint little space; it feels really cozy. As she sits down on the couch, she gestures for me to sit in the armchair.

“I’m so sorry about the mess… I would have cleaned up more if I knew I’d be having a guest,” she laughs. As I’m sitting, I look around again in confusion… There is no mess. I just laugh with her and apologize.

“No, I’m the one who’s sorry… I showed up without even contacting you first.”

She shook her head and smiled. “Don’t worry about it.” Then she just looks at me, still smiling softly. “Such a close friend of my son’s is always welcome.” There was something more to that look… I don’t quite know what.

She notices my nervousness as I thank her; I’m still looking around, searching for any sign of Seungyoon. “Looking for something?” she asks. My head snaps back to her direction as I look at her with wide eyes, embarrassed at my behavior. “Or should I say someone?” She laughs again before suddenly standing up. “Oh! I’m such a terrible host… Would like anything to eat? Some tea to drink, maybe?”

I decline. “Ani, I’m okay. Please sit. But thank you,” I bow again.

“Stop that, you’re so formal!” She holds a hand to her heart and closes her eyes. “Makes me feel old…” Then she laughs again to show she wasn’t serious. Seungyoon’s mom sure likes to laugh. I smile in return.

Then she stands up again and heads to the kitchen. “Seungyoon-ah is not here right now,” she says to me as she starts a kettle of tea. “He went on a walk. He should be back soon.”

I nod. Ugh… I’ll have to stay here and make conversation with her. It’s not that I don’t like her, I do. She’s cool, like my mom. But I’m just very awkward when it comes to talking with adults. I’m always terrible at it; I always end up saying things I shouldn’t or that are inappropriate! So obviously I’m gonna be super nervous when it’s the man I’m in love with’s mother I have to talk to. I want her to continue liking me...

I internally sigh. Ottoke~?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She and I are getting along quite well, actually. She tells me stories of the young Seungyoon in exchange for me giving her stories about Seungyoon as a man now. It’s really fun getting to learn more about him like this. I don’t know that I even want him to come back now—I’m having too much fun with his mom!

We’re laughing together when we hear the doorknob jiggle. We become silent then, realizing that Seungyoon has returned.

Oh no.

Suddenly, I’m more nervous than I was before when I arrived. The confidence I had this morning has completely vanished, leaving anxiety and a little fear behind. What am I going to say to him? How will he react when he sees me here? Will he be mad?

I’m still as a statue when the door opens to reveal the man I’ve been waiting for.

Seungyoon. He looks well… in fact, he has a natural glow about him that I rarely see. He doesn’t look anything like the pale man I saw lying in a hospital bed a week ago. I’m glad that he’s recovering… he looks happy.

I feel a little sad at that. Is he happier here than he is with us? Should he leave Winner?

I shake the thought out of my head. How selfish of me, worrying about whether he’ll stay with us. I know he will; he loves being in Winner. I should be glad that he’s happy and healthy, which I am.

He’s wearing a grey trench coat with the red scarf Jinwoo gave him, his dark jeans fitting him snugly. The black boots he bought when we were in Japan adorn his feet and his trademark black hat sits atop his head. His cheeks are a little red from the cold outside, and his lips are extra pink as well.

He looks yummy—I mean nice! He looks nice! I feel my face heat up at my thoughts and duck my head to hide the blush so he doesn’t see.

He’s not looking at me, anyway. His mother has his attention now; she’d immediately stood up upon seeing him and enveloped him in a loving embrace. He hugged her back, laughing a little at how excited she was to see him. “Mom, you act like you haven’t seen me in years. I only left half an hour ago!” I lifted my head as Seungyoon pulled away, his eyes twinkling before his eyes settled on me.

It took my breath away. He’s looking at me he’s looking at me he’s looking at me he’s looking—

Damn it! I’m acting like such a schoolgirl! I fight the blush that threatens to take over my cheeks and stare back at him.

His mouth hangs open a little, and he looks quite shocked. Understandable—I’d be shocked to see me too if I were him. He blinked a couple times, his mouth opening and closing as if he couldn’t quite figure out what he wanted to say. He settled with, “Taehyun.” He didn’t say it angrily or annoyed the way I thought he would, which made me glad. Instead, he sounded pleasantly surprised, like an old friend he’d been wanting to see had suddenly turned up… which made me happy.

I stood up to greet him. “Hi, hyung,” I said shyly, ducking my head a little.

Seungyoon’s mom had been standing there watching us all this time, another mysterious look on her face. Then she grabbed her coat and went to put on her boots. “Oh, shoot. I forgot to go the store.” She was wrapping a scarf around her neck when Seungyoon turned to her, his eyes wide. “Mom!” She just ignored him and moved to open the door, snatching her purse on her way. “I’ll leave you boys to it.” She gave me an exaggerated wink as she turned and fled before her son could say anything else. What was the wink for??

The house was silent in her wake. He was still staring at the door. I couldn’t see his expression, but I could just picture the question mark on his face as he looked. I almost giggled.

Then he shook his head and turned back to me. I was once again struck breathless by how handsome he was. Gosh, how did I not notice before? He then took a step toward me and said my name again. “Taehyun-ah…” He said it like a caress. I nearly shivered as I stood there, thinking of what to say. In the end, I couldn’t think of anything. So instead of saying anything, I just ran up to him and hugged him, resisting the urge to jump and wrap my legs around his waist. He was taken aback a little, but he caught me and managed to stay standing (I almost knocked him down). He held me back tightly, and it made me feel warm inside.

We stayed like that for a few moments before I pulled away and looked at him. He still looked a little confused, but mostly happy. “You’re here,” he managed to say finally. I laughed then.

“Yeah,” I nodded. “I’m here.”

He smiled again before frowning, his expression turning upset. “Did something happen? Is something wrong?”

“No, no! Everything’s fine! Everyone’s fine,” I assured him.

“O-Oh… Then why…?” He let the question die on his lips.

“I wanted to talk to you…” I nervously played with my fingers. “I wanted to do it in person.”

He cocked his head, still frowning a little, but nodded. “Okay…” Then he turned and started walking toward the hallway. “Follow me.” I did, and he led me a short way to what must be his room. It looked just like his room back at the dorm, except maybe a little neater. He shut the door behind us and gestured for me to sit in his desk chair. I plopped down onto it as he shed his coat and scooted back on his bed until his back hit the wall. Then he crossed his legs and looked at me, waiting. “So what’s up?”

I gulped nervously. “Um…” How do I say this? I’d spent the whole ride here trying to think of an eloquent way to get him to come back to the dorm, but now… I’ve got nothing. I don’t even know where to begin.

“H-How are you?” I stammer out finally. I internally face-palmed.

Seungyoon smiled. “You can skip the small talk, Taehyun. We’re closer than that. Don’t trouble yourself; I know how you hate making small talk.”

“I’m not making small talk!” I protested. “I really want to know.”

“Oh.” His eyebrows raised a little. “I am well,” he answered with another smile. He looked at me tenderly then. “And you? How are you, maknae?”

“I’m okay.”

“Good, good…”

I play with my hands again. Now I’ve run out of things to say. I guess there’s nothing left to do but cut to the chase.

Seungyoon must have had the same thought. “So what brings you here, then? If nothing’s wrong?”

I answer honestly. “I wanted to see you.” This I could say confidently.

He seemed surprised by that answer, but quickly hid it. “Oh, really?” Then he gave me that one smile that sent shivers down my spine. “That makes me feel special.”

I cross my arms and look away. “Don’t let it get to your already big head,” I say playfully.

“Yah! My head’s not big!” The smile is replaced by a pout as he grabs his head defensively. This just makes me laugh, and he laughs with me. I missed this…

I voiced that thought. “I miss this.” He stops laughing. “I miss us… laughing like this. I miss how we used to be.” I’m sure my expression is sad when I look back at him and say, “I miss you.”

He sighs then. “I left because I needed some time to recover, to get my health back on track.” He hesitates before he continues. “I also left because I didn’t want to be a burden to you. I’d upset you so bad that night…” His expression was pained, and it pained me as well. “I just didn’t know what else to do.”

I shook my head. “I never wanted you to leave! I didn’t know what I wanted! I was just angry then, I… I didn’t know what I was saying.” Tears were in my eyes. “I’m so sorry hyung, for everything I said. I didn’t mean it. I was just confused and scared, and it had built up for so long that I just exploded. I didn’t want to freak out on you, it just happened, and I regret it every day because I know I hurt you.” I look down at my hands and watch as a tear falls onto my right hand. He’s quiet now, so I continued. “I felt awful seeing you in the hospital after our fight… I knew I had caused your collapse.”

“Now hang on, Tae,” he interrupted. “That wasn’t you. I was stressed about a lot of things and I hadn’t been getting enough sleep—“

“And I know part of all that is because of me!” I sniffed and wiped at one of my eyes. “I know you’d been worried about me, hurt because I kept ignoring you and how I kept acting out… I know that now. I know you care. I’m so unbelievably sorry for accusing you of wanting to hurt me. I know you didn’t mean any of what you did that ended up causing me pain. I should have talked to you about how I was feeling… I was just too scared to. My emotions manifested themselves in the ugliest form possible, and I’m sorry.” I look up at him finally, the tears starting to fall silently. “I can never apologize enough, hyung. I am so, so, so sorry. I just want you back now. I want you back.”

His eyes were wet too as he patted the spot on the bed next to him, and I got up and went to sit beside him. He faced me fully as he started to speak. “I never went anywhere, maknae. I was always there. I’m always here.”

I shook my head. “I’d made you run away… I made you run away from me. I’m scared I pushed you away for good and I don’t want that, I—“

He shushed me as he pulled me in for a tight hug. “You didn’t push me away… and I’m sorry I hurt you more by leaving. I was trying to avoid that when I left. I’m sorry, Tae, for everything.”

I hugged him back as I apologized again. “I’m sorry for everything too.”

“And don’t say you didn’t mean what you said that night, because you did. Even if it hurt me, you needed to tell me how you felt, and I’m glad you did. You can always come to me, maknae. Just don’t let it get to that point next time.”

“I know.” My voice was muffled by his shoulder. I hugged him even tighter as I spoke again. “The fact that I want you back hasn’t changed, though.” I leaned back as he still kept his arms around me. “I feel like I almost lost you… and I never want that to happen. Ever.” I sniffle. “So can we just… Can we just start over?”

“Start over?” he questions, brushing my hair out of my face.

“Yeah… these past weeks have been messed up for us, and I hate that. I want to forget it and start over again with you.”

He pouts a little; playfully, of course. “I don’t want to start all over. We do have some good memories together.” He bit his lip then. “Right?”

I smile as I wipe the last of my tears away. “Yeah.” We did. Some of my fondest memories these years that I’ve known him are with him.

“So let’s not start all over, Tae. Let’s just move forward and make new memories to ease the pain of the bad ones.” His smile was absolutely beautiful. All I can do is nod my head and cling to him as he pulls me in for another hug.

I never told him how I really felt… how much I love him. But that’s okay… it can wait. I don’t have the sense of urgency I had this morning. We have lots of time together for me to make my confession. I want to enjoy our friendship like this a little more.

I lift my head up and rest my chin on his shoulder, leaning my cheek against his. “So… will you come back?” I waited with bated breath for his answer. I really just want him back home with us again… I miss our family.

He’s quiet for a moment as he rubs my back, then he leans back and simply nods. I smile. He laughs and pinches one of my cheeks. “I’ll come back home tomorrow.”

I nod. I like how he said ‘home.’

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seungyoon has been back for a few days now, and everything has been coming up roses. Everyone is overjoyed to have him back, and he even said he’ll take back his position as the leader. Minho, of course, had no objections. The best thing of all is that he and I are closer than ever. We’re inseparable, always hanging out from when the sun comes up to when the sun goes down. I never realized how much I missed his laugh; now he does it frequently, whereas I wouldn’t hear it so much these past few weeks. I refrained from telling him how I’d stayed in his room while he was away—it was too embarrassing! But of course, Seunghoon told him anyway. Seungyoon just laughed and said it was cute, which gave me mixed feelings. All in all, things were well with Winner again, and that’s all everyone’s wanted.

Today, YG has sent for us. We’re excited because we think we know what it’s about, and it turns out that we’re right. He says he has a debut date in mind for us, though he won’t tell us yet.

“I am keeping all possibilities open,” he told us, “but we have a schedule to proceed with now. So be ready.” On the outside we’re quiet, but on the inside, we’re cheering. “Also.” Oh, there’s more? “I will be announcing the YG Family tour. You as well as Team B will be performing.” We all look at each other in excitement. Not only do we get to return to the stage soon, but our brothers get to come as well! “This means I need you guys to start getting a little more in shape. You don’t have to go on a huge diet, per se, but cut back on those unnecessary things. And start hitting the gym. Hwangssabu will be there to help you if you need it.” We nod and thank him before he dismisses us. Kinda that we have to cut back on what we eat, but it’s worth it.

“You know what this calls for, right?” Minho says as we leave. “One last big pig out! Tonight we do it big!” We all whoop and high five each other. We’re gonna eat well tonight!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later, I’m in my room giving my outfit one last once-over when I notice Seungyoon standing in my doorway, casually watching me. I smile. “Omo, how long have you been standing there?”

“I saw you .” He smirks and walks over to me.

I laugh. “Nu-uh! Go away.” I tug at my collar to see if it looks okay.

“Want help?” he teases. He reaches over and tugs at my shirt.

“Ani!” I slap his hands away. “Don’t you have your own mirror to stare at yourself in?”

He shrugs. “I know I look y.”

“Psh! Keep dreaming. I’ve seen how you dance when you’re alone.” I demonstrate by holding my arms up in the air and wiggling my body in a dorky wavy motion.

He blushes. “We don’t talk about that!” He pushes me and runs out, and I start cracking up. He is just too easy to tease!

I go back to fixing myself up, still smiling. I like this. It’s waaaaaay better than how we were before I begged him to come back. We can tease each other easily and talk freely.

I frown, dropping my hands and just staring into the mirror. I still want more, though… I know I can’t ask that of him, he doesn’t even know my feelings yet. But I can’t help but want his hands to linger when he touches me… I am in love with the man, after all. I sigh, wondering how much longer I can hold out before I break down and confess, repercussions be damned.

Taking one last look in the mirror, I decide I look okay. I turn off the light and exit my room.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We’re having so much fun. Jinwoo and Seunghoon are absolutely adorable (even though they aren’t lovey-dovey because we’re in public), and Minho is being goofy with Seungyoon. I laugh at their antics and try to tease the hyungs, feeling happier than I have in a long time. It felt good to spend a night out with my bandmates.

Our food finally comes and everybody digs in, starving. Mine was so delicious, I was practically in delight. Minho’s head snapped up to look at me as soon as the sound left my mouth, bug-eyed, and everyone at the table burst out laughing. “Yah,” he said, trying to contain his laughter. “What’s so good about those noodles, huh?”

I chuckle. “Are you jealous, hyung?”

“Oh hell yeah. If it can make you make noises like that,” he emphasizes, making everyone laugh, “then it has to be good.”

“I’ve never heard of food so good it was ic,” Jinwoo snickers, making everyone stare at him in shock over his lewd comment.

“Jinnie!” Seunghoon doubles over in laughter at the words tumbling out of Jinwoo’s mouth as he continues making innuendoes. Jinwoo gets like that when he’s tipsy, and it’s always funny to see.

Jinwoo stops joking around finally and goes back to his food, smiling as he pets Seunghoon’s hair. “He’s so adorable…” he murmurs before taking a bite of his food. Seunghoon blushes and smiles as well. It’s really awesome to see them happy like that.

Minho draws my attention again. “I’m still mad at that food though,” he comments, discreetly taking a sip of Jinwoo’s drink.

I smile sweetly. “Do you want some, hyung?”

He gets that trademark goofy look on his face as his eyes widen and his mouth falls open. “Yes,” he says breathlessly. I laugh and scoop some of the noodles up into my chopsticks and motion for him to lean forward. He does, and I cup my hand under the food as I bring it over and deposit the noodles into his mouth. His lips slide off of my chopsticks as he leans back, thoughtful as he chews. Then, “Mm!” comes out of his mouth as he gives me an approving look. A few seconds later, he goes, “Mmmmmm!!” and leans all the way back in the booth, his eyes rolling back into his head as his body shakes in satisfaction. We all nearly choke on our drinks as we laugh at his expression. He’s such a joker! Then he gives a thumbs up and groans happily. “I am definitely ordering that when we come back here next.” I give him a thumbs up back and am about to continue eating when I sense someone staring at me.

I look over at Seungyoon and he’s looking at me. I can’t really describe his expression… is he…?

Wait, is he jealous?

What on earth for??

I ask him. “What’s that look for, Seungyoon-hyung?”

He pokes out his lower lip a little. I don’t know if he’s doing it on purpose or not, but it’s in’ cute. “Maybe I wanted to try some.”

I give him a look. “Then why didn’t you say so, hyung?”

“Because you were too busy watching Minho,” he sniffed, joking. But I think I can see a little bit of sincerity… No matter how much he tries to play it off, he is jealous. Is it really that serious for him to feel so strongly about it? I’m confused, but I shrug it off and comply.

“Okay, okay, no need to be a brat,” I tease, scooping up some more noodles.

“Aw, Seungyoon, my man!” Minho notices that I’m about to give him some and gives Seungyoon an encouraging look. “It’s like a trip to heaven,” he muses, making us crack up again at his expression.

Seungyoon just sticks his tongue out at him, making Minho lean back with a surprised look on his face. I turn to him and hand him the chopsticks. “Here,” I say. Seungyoon just pouts. I roll my eyes. “What’s wrong now?”

“What if I wanted you to feed it to me, too? Why is hyung the only one?” Aigo, how cute can he get?

I laugh and nod, appeasing him. “Fine, you big baby.” I lean forward and bring the food to his lips, but his mouth is still stuck in a pout. I grab his chin with my free hand use my thumb to press down on his bottom lip, opening his mouth. “Aaah,” I say. I’m about to put the food in his mouth when he flicks out his tongue and my thumb, making me yelp and punch him in the arm.

“Yah!!” I yell, punching him again as I blush. What the hell? Is he trying to make me come undone at this table right now?? Everyone else got a good laugh out of it, including Seungyoon. “Well fine then!” I eat the noodles myself, making Seungyoon stop laughing and pout again.

“Aw, c’mon, I’m sorry. I really do want to try. Pleaaaaase~?” He smiles big like a little kid. If I didn’t know better, I’d say he’s drunk because of how gleeful he’s acting. I roll my eyes and scoop up more noodles. He opens his mouth for me this time and finally gets a taste of the noodles. For the first few seconds, he just chews, not impressed; then, the flavor finally gets to him and lets out a strangled kind of yelping moan, making all of us fall silent. He slaps a hand over his mouth and immediately turns red, his eyes wide as we laugh louder than we have all night.

Jinwoo has tears in his eyes, gasping for air as he throws his napkin down on his plate. “I am done!” He gets up and laughs his way to the bathroom, jogging there as he says to people, “Excuse me, gotta pee~!” It was hilarious because of how cute he said it and the weird looks people gave him. A second later, we see Jinwoo zip past us in the opposite direction he went, saying “Wrong way!” We laughed even harder—that was our hyung, the lost little lamb.

I feel like I’ve gained a six pack just from laughing as we finally turn back to Seungyoon, who is still blushing hard and hiding his face. Minho starts the conversation. “First of all, I feel bad for any previous partners you may have had if that’s the sound you make…” he began. He didn’t get to finish; our laughter cut off anything else he had to say, and Seungyoon looked like he wanted to die.

This night was just absolutely beautiful.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We bust into our dorm, still riding the high of a fun night out. Seunghoon  excuses himself for the night as he carries a drunk Jinwoo back to his room—they’ve been sharing his room since they got together. We bid them goodnight and the three of us remaining crashed on the couch, talking excitedly about anything and everything.

Minho suddenly perks up. “Hey,” he says. “The night doesn’t have to end. Let’s go over to the Team B guys’ place.”

We agree and Minho bounces up to the door, excited. He’s probably super excited because he might get to see Bobby. Even though they’re together now, they don’t really get to hang out often because Bobby is usually busy. It’s too bad, because from what I’ve seen, they have fun together and genuinely make each other happy. I was with him when he confessed, and it was super cute how everything happened. He’d walked up to Bobby and dragged him away from the dance studio, the cool and collected Minho gone and replaced with a shy, stuttering mess of a man. I giggled as I watched from behind the corner.

“Bobby,” he’d said. He looked nervous as hell and was shifting from one foot to the other, visibly freaking Bobby out. It probably didn’t help Minho at all that Bobby was dripping with sweat from all the dancing he’d been doing; he told me that that sort of thing turned him on. He’d looked everywhere but at the boy he wanted to pour his heart out to. I was constantly asking myself “Who is this guy and what has he done with Minho?” It was just so unlike him to be so nervous about this kind of thing. Then he’d closed his eyes and decided to just say it. “Bobby I think I like you. A lot. Maybe even love you. I don’t know.” He ducked his head and continued, his eyes still clamped shut. “I just know that I’ve had strong feelings for you for a long time, and I just wanted you to know.”

Bobby was completely floored. His mouth had dropped all the way open and his face was twisted up in confusion. Minho finally looked at him and waited a moment. Then he slowly started advancing upon him, making Bobby back up until his back hit the wall. Then he’d trapped him there by placing his arms on either side of the confused kid, staring at him intensely as he awaited an answer. “Well?” He’d whispered. I bit my lip, wondering what Bobby would say. He didn’t say anything however. Minutes passed with him just staring at the older man, looking slightly frightened and completely shaken. Finally, Minho couldn’t take it anymore and he moved away, nodding his head as he walked back towards me. He didn’t wait for me to follow, he just speed walked out of the door and ran until he found a bench to sit on. He put his head in his hands as he sat there in despair. I rubbed his back as he said, “I just ruined everything.”

But then, Bobby came running out, looking around until he spotted us. He immediately rushed over, still sweaty and breathless. I moved away as Minho looked up, and Bobby took my place next to him. I sat at the bench next to them and played with my phone, secretly watching them and listening in. Ten minutes passed with Bobby just sitting there and Minho staring at him, wondering if he should be hopeful or not. Then Bobby finally glanced at Minho and started to speak, his eyes on his shoes. “Minho-hyung. Is what you told me true? … You weren’t kidding, were you?” Minho shook his head, and Bobby nodded. “Okay. So… you really love me?” Minho nodded, probably wondering where this was going. “Wow,” the younger breathed. “Um… so, that’s cool.” I wanted to face-palm. But then he said, “Is it okay if I like you too…?” Then he immediately looked embarrassed, as if he wanted to take it back. “I-I mean, you know… I’m trying to say that I l-love you too…” Aw. How awkwardly cute, I thought. Then no one said anything, with Bobby sneaking glances at the older the entire five minutes he waited for Minho to respond. Then he stood up and muttered, “I-If that’s not fine, then that’s okay, I guess…” He looked like he was going to bolt. But then Minho grabbed his wrist and sat him back down. The younger looked at him curiously and Minho finally looked back. Then, “Will you be mine then, Ji?” Bobby just stared for a second, then smiled that cute smile of his and nodded. Aigo, I wanted to die from the cuteness of it all!

Now, in the present day, Minho called his new boyfriend and asked him if he was at home. “Yah, Bobby. Are you at home?” He was already putting his shoes on when he paused. “Oh… well that’s okay. …No, I didn’t want anything. …Yeah. Well work hard, jagi-yah. Fighting~” He hung up and sighed, obviously disappointed. “Well, just because he’s not there doesn’t mean we can’t still go.” He stood up with a smile. “Come on!” We left then and headed to Team B’s dorm.

Minho knocked on the door and bounced on his heels as he waited, obviously hyper and excited. “Ayyo, what’s up? It’s Mino in the hooooooouse!” he yelled in English. Seungyoon and I just looked at each other and rolled our eyes at our hyung. He started dancing in place and singing under his breath. Then the door finally opened.

“FinallyyYAAAH!” Minho shrieked. “Bobby!” He looked so shocked. I saw this coming from a mile away; Bobby loves to play tricks.

“Oh good, you came,” he said nonchalantly. “I would have felt bad if you didn’t come because I tricked you.”

“You jerk,” Minho said affectionately. “Are you gonna let us in or what?” Bobby opened the door wider and ushered us in. We played for a few hours with him, Jin Hwan, and Donghyuk. And we had fun.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We got back home late and dragged ourselves to bed. I was about ready to pass out on my bed when I heard a knock at my door. I opened it and there stood Seungyoon, to my surprise. “Hey,” I said, breathless. He had on a grey short-sleeved shirt and his yellow pajama bottoms. I smirked. “Banana pants~”

“Shut up,” he said, moving past me to sit on my bed. I smiled and followed him after shutting the door.

I lie down on the bed, and he does too. I say, “What’s up?”

“Nothing. Just wanted to talk.”

“About what?”

“Anything,” he whispers, closing his eyes.

I push him. “Hey, don’t come in here and fall asleep!”

“I wasn’t!” He laughed.

“Did you have fun, hyung?” I stare up at my ceiling.

“Yeah. Did you?”

“Mm.”

“Hey,” he says suddenly, turning to face me.

“Eh?” I face him too.

“Don’t feed anyone else but me.”

“Wha?” I start laughing then, rolling onto my other side; I can’t look at him. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Only feed me.”

“Wow, you were legit jealous of Minho earlier, huh?” I roll over to face him again.

“Yep.” Completely unashamed, this one.

“Wae?”

“Because.”

“Wae?"

“I just was.”

“Wae?”

“Stop that.”

“Wae?” A smile breaks out across my face as he reaches over and tugs on my cheek.

“Disobedient maknae.” He’s smiling too as he lets go and my cheek snaps back into place. “Am I or am I not your favorite hyung?”

I whistle. “Ooooh~ someone thinks highly of himself.”

“Come on, be honest. How do you feel about me?”

I love you. “I hate you.”

He gasps and pretends I shot him in the heart. “You wound me.”

“I’m kidding. Of course you’re my favorite hyung.” I put a finger to my lips. “Shh, don’t tell.” I wink and he laughs.

“Everyone knows already, it’s no secret.” He’s looking at me in that way that makes me feel warm inside again. Geez, he should really stop that… my feels can’t handle it.

“So then why are you asking?” I counter.

“I just feel that the favorite hyung should get special rights.”

“Go on…”

“And maknae should only feed his favorite hyung.”

“Get out.” I kick him, laughing at his reasoning.

He pretends to be hurt. “Wae? Favorite hyungs get to say whatever they want because they’re the favorite.” He looks at me with puppy eyes. “Could this face ever do wrong?”

No. “Yes. It’s a suspicious face. You look hella shifty.”

“Wha—!” That got him. “Hey! That’s mean, Taehyun-ah~!” He’s whining now… I think that actually offended him a little. Good.

“Get your out of here and go to bed, stupid leader.”

He grabs my face and shakes my head from side to side a little before tapping my nose. Stop the cuteness! You get the hell out of here, hyung, before my heart explodes! “Aww, Tae-baby is craaaaaankyyyyyyyy. He needs to go to sleep.”

“Yah! I’m not a baby! I’m a man!!” I sit up, causing him to sit up too since he was in my face. “Haul out of here now, meanie.” I stick my tongue out at him and he pokes it. “You taste like pudding,” I say casually.

He smiles. “Are you saying I taste good?” Screw you, Seungyoon. That smile should be illegal. What are you trying to start here?

“Nope. I hate pudding.”

“That’s it. I’m leaving for real now.” He gets up and heads to the door.

“Good. That’s what I’ve been waiting for. Move your , ahjussi, I’m sleepy.”

He scoffs and turns around, smacking his (was it always that big?) and winking. “You know you want.”

I throw a pillow at his behind, laughing as I shoo him out. “Stop it! Just go!” I finally get him out and sigh, picking up my pillow and turning off the light. I lie in bed and nearly want to cry. I wish he wouldn’t tease me like that… It makes it hard on me because of my true feelings. I don’t cry though. It’s not his fault… he doesn’t know. We used to tease like this all the time before, so there’s no reason for it to change now. I guess even then, I loved him and didn’t know it. I turn over and wonder how long I’ve been in love with him. Probably ever since I met him, when he first flashed that handsome smile at me. I sigh, vowing not to play along anymore whenever he teases like that; it hurts me a little each time because I know he doesn’t really mean it.

But I’m not down. I’m still beyond happy. I mean, we’re back to how we used to be, which is all I really wanted. I’m ecstatic with how things are now. Things can only go up from here. Maybe, in time, he’ll start to see me as a man too, not just a maknae. I smile and close my eyes, thinking of what it’d be like if Seungyoon loved me, too. I sigh. For now, it’s just a dream. But I hope it’ll become reality someday… I can wait.

I think.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry, no confession yet. :U But mm, that MinBy/BobHo though...