Chapter 11

Trust You

Ryeowook’s POV

“Wookie?” I heard Yesung Hyung calling my name, for the second or third time I think.

“Wookie, are you okay?” Yesung Hyung voice began to sound panicked.

“I’m fine. I’m sorry... It’s just that I....” I’m confused how to explain to Yesung Hyung. I am trying to find the right words so that what I felt was not sound stupid or weird but this is really hard.

“You feel familiar with me, right? You thought Hee Young when you see me.” The man who was introduced as Lee Sungmin suddenly said, interrupting my thoughts.

“Emmm…Honestly yes..” I whisper my answer, confused by how he could know what I think and feel.

“Wookie, maybe you don’t know me, but I know you very well.” Lee Sungmin said softly and gave a reassuring smile.

“Min, you have to take it slowly. And Wookie, maybe we better go inside and we will explain and answer all your questions.” Yesung Hyung finally said, and I agree with Yesung Hyung’s suggestion.

I made hot jasmine tea and bring some snacks to the living room, cancelled my plans to make dinner because Yesung Hyung also a man named Lee Sungmin already ate dinner, while I don’t feel my stomach can accept anything more than a snack because I was too nervous. Once we were seated in the living room, I don’t know what I should ask or say so I just waited Yesung Hyung or Lee Sungmin start a conversation, but what Lee Sungmin said only makes me more don’t know what to say.

“Wookie, you’ll be sick if you don’t eat properly.” Lee Sungmin said to me with caring eyes and voice.

“Ryeong, you’ll be sick if you don’t eat properly!”

His words really similar to what is normally Hee Young Noona told me when I missed my dinner. How can be like that? The first time I saw him, I felt like dejavu. I felt like I saw Hee Young Noona. I know it’s stupid to think like that when Hee Young Noona is a woman and not in this world again while Lee Sungmin is a man and still alive. But then I really feel like that. I just felt like my Noona was back. It’s impossible but...

“You don’t need to be too confused, Wookie.” Lee Sungmin said softly.

“How could I not be confused??” I said while started to play with my fingers.

“Don’t feel nervous, too, Wookie. This is really normal if you think and feel like you know me. Maybe you don’t really remember me, but I think we’ve met before, maybe once or twice.” he began to explain. “I was a close friend of Hee Young. I know Hee Young since elementary school. People around us always say we like twins, we have the same behaviour and our mind-set is very similar. And sometimes they say we even have the same appearance too. By the way perhaps you more know my nickname than my full name. Hee Young often called me Minnie.”

Hear his explanation makes me remember him. “Minnie Hyung? But—”

“Yes, I was Minnie. Glad you still remember me, Wookie.” He said cheerfully.

I’ve actually only met him twice before we moved into Halmeoni’s house in the countryside and from what I remember he moved to Japan not long after we moved so I don’t really remember him but I know he was really close to Hee Young Noona.

We then had another brief conversation and after making promise to meet again tomorrow morning to go to the cemetery, Yesung Hyung and Sungmin Hyung go back to Yesung Hyung’s place while I went up to my bedroom and started to continue writing my songs—actually I’m tired but could not sleep because I felt uneasy. Every few moments I checked my cell phone again and again but still no news from Kyuhyun and after two hours I finally gave up trying to write songs because I can’t focus and just lying on my bed, staring at my cell phone until unconsciously I fell asleep in the end.

 

Blood..

Car...

I looked into the car but the car was empty.

I tried to look around me and I saw something..

There was something lying not far from where I was standing..

I started walking to see more clearly and after few steps I realized that it is a person covered by the blood, and I completely stopped walking when I realized who it was.

It is not possible...

No…

Please no…

 

I woke up with tears already flowing from my eyes and feel fear growing fast in my heart. I was frantically searching for my cell phone and pressing the call button without thinking but then soon realized that now nearly midnight so I immediately cut off the call when the phone just rang two or three times. I rested my head on my knees and sobs began to slip out of my lips—feel frustrated and devastated. But I know the more I dwell here I’d be more scared, so I wiped the tears from my eyes, took a deep breath and went to my back garden from a small staircase in the balcony of my bedroom. I walk to the gazebo and just sat there while looking into a fish pond and enjoy the fresh air. After half an hour I walked back to my room and that’s when I heard a combination sound of knock on my door and doorbell ring which gives the impression of urgency and made me immediately ran to the first floor and opened the door without checking who came.

I did not even see who it was because I was immediately embraced by someone. I was honestly a bit surprised but happy and relieved at the same time. And I immediately hugged him back, enjoying his presence.

“You made me worry.” Kyuhyun whispered in my ear.

“Huh? How can I make you worry when the person who did not give any news is you?” I asked frowned and stepped back so I could see him.

“What happened? Do you have nightmares?” Kyuhyun asked as he studied my face.

I shook my head, trying to deny. “Why did you not give any news? And why now you suddenly show up here?” I asked, still puzzled by his sudden appearance.

“You don’t invite me to come in?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Aish, why you did not answer my question, it’s not a difficult question.” I grumbled but let him go inside also make hot tea for him. We were seated at a small table in my kitchen, Kyuhyun sat opposite me, enjoying the hot tea.

“I’ll tell you what happened, and you’ll tell me what happened, too.” Kyuhyun said firmly after a while.

“I wanted to give news when I got home, but I got a call from Noona, she told me to meet her at a restaurant and at that restaurant I met my parents also their colleagues and talk about business. So I don’t have the opportunity to leave a message. The meeting was only finished about two hours ago and when I was almost at my house, you call me, but when I want to answer your phone has been disconnected. It already shows there is something wrong and make me start to worry, and when I tried to call you back you don’t answer it. It just makes me even more worried so when I already dropping Noona at home, I went straight here.” Kyuhyun explained what had happened until he finally came to my house.

“I’m sorry Kyuhyun. I did not mean to make you worry, I don’t really think when I called you and when I realized it was almost midnight I immediately end the call, I don’t want to bother you. And about me not answering the call from you it is because I was in the back garden while I left my phone in my room. So I don’t know you called.” I said, feeling guilty for making him worry until he came to my house at 1 o’clock in the morning.

“And?” Kyuhyun said.

“Eh? And what?” I asked back.

“About your nightmare? Don’t try to lie to me, I know you have nightmare. It’s really obvious.”

“...”

“Wookie...”

“I.. That.. It is not very important...”

“Was it a bad dream about your family?”

“Umm… It’s..It’s not about my family.. It’s not my usual dreams.” I said in a weak voice, Kyuhyun started stubborn and I know he will insist to know more detail.

“What do you mean it’s not your ordinary dream?”

“The nightmare was not from my past..”

“Wookie, just say it. Please. You just make me more worry if like this..”

I took a deep breath, I did not dare look at his eyes so I just stared at my hands that I put on the table and began to tell him about my dream. “Honestly I dreamed about you having a car accident. At first I just saw a car, as what I normally see but it felt different, have the same situation but it looks different somehow. I could sense that something was wrong. I am looking in the car and the car was empty. I then look around me and I saw someone lying on the ground, covered in blood. When I walked up to that person, I began to realize who it is. That is you. And then I woke up. That’s why without thinking I immediately called you.”

After I finished telling Kyuhyun I still don’t dare to look at him but I could feel Kyuhyun stood up from his seat because the sound of chairs is moved and then Kyuhyun walked towards me, standing on my left side.

Kyuhyun took my hand and made me face him but I still avoid seeing him directly. Kyuhyun crouched down, tilting my face with one hand while his other hand still holding my hand made me finally look directly to him.

“Sorry Wookie.. I’m really sorry...”

“It’s not your fault, Kyuhyun..”

“No, it’s my fault.. I make you cry and feel scared.”

“Kyuhyun, don’t think like that. It’s really not your fault. And I don’t want to hear you say this is your fault again or you think this is your fault, because this really is not your fault, okay?” I said.

“Okay, okay..” Kyuhyun said as he approached me and kissed me gently and sweetly, this time our kiss tasted like tea which he drank before. After a while we parted but our faces are still really close, our foreheads touching each other and I could feel his warm breath.

“Now you have to rest.” Kyuhyun said, looking straight into my eyes.

“I don’t think I can.” I whispered and looked away.

“I’ll stay with you. So let us rest now.”

“Eh?!”

“Why so surprised? Don’t be shy, this is not the first time we slept in one bed and nothing happened, right?” Kyuhyun said as he pulled me to walk out of the kitchen. I blushed at his words, I know this is not the first time but previously was a different matter in my opinion.

“Or do you want something to happen now?” Kyuhyun suddenly added.

I slapped Kyuhyun’s chest with my free hand. “Don’t start teasing me. ert..” I mumbled and Kyuhyun just laughed at my word.

“Sorry, I can’t help myself. You are so cute and it’s really hard to not tease you. And don’t worry; you know I would not do anything without your permission.” Kyuhyun said earnestly at the end while we went upstairs.

“I know.” I whispered softly.

“Right or left?” Kyuhyun asked when we arrived at the second floor and meet the hallway, which is on one side of the hallway leading to my room while the opposite leading to Noona’s bedroom.

“Right..”

And for the first time I showed him my room. I just sat on the bed while taking with Kyuhyun who was looking through my bedroom and my glass shelf is the one that really caught his attention. He observed the photos one by one while giving a brief commentary on each photo.

“You look so cute in this photo and also on your photos when you’re playing the piano. Wookie, this is your Noona?” Kyuhyun asks while pointing to one of the largest photo there.

I stood up and walked over to Kyuhyun.

“Yes.. It’s a photo we took not long after we moved here again.” I said after seeing the photo Kyuhyun pointed with his finger.

“She’s really pretty.”

“Yes, and she’s really adamantly, but also gentle and caring to those around her. She was cheerful and sometimes childish too but actually she is wise. That is why it is really strange that she did it to herself and me. Sometimes her act of ending her life makes me wonder about her love for me.”

Kyuhyun cupped my face between his palms and gently my left cheek.

“She must have had her own reasons until she left you. But that does not mean she does not love you. Don’t ever think like that about your noona and don’t underestimate yourself. Now try to rest, okay?” Kyuhyun said gently and pulled me to the bed. I lay on the bed covered with a warm blanket and tried to sleep, while Kyuhyun just sitting next to me, leaning against the headboard of the bed, one hand holding my hand while others caress and sometimes play with my hair.

“Kyuhyun..”

“Yes, Wookie?”

“Can you sing for me?”

“You want a lullaby?”

I just nodded and I closed my eyes, hear Kyuhyun sang a song for me and not long after he sang I began to feel sleepy and eventually I fell asleep.

 

The next day...

When I opened my eyes, the first thing I realized is scorching sun penetrating through the gap between my curtains. Wait.. Sunlight? I immediately jumped out of bed, frantically looking into my clock at the table. 11 A.M??!!! I promised to meet with Yesung Hyung and Sungmin Hyung at 8 A.M! Where is my cell phone?

Wait!! Kyuhyun! Where is he? I walked around my bedroom, looking for Kyuhyun but I could not find him.

“Kyuhyun?” I whispered. Yesterday evening is not just a dream, right?

I walked out of my bedroom to the kitchen on the first floor and it turns out there he was, busy in the kitchen.

“Kyuhyun? What are you doing?” I asked as I approached him.

“Ooh, you’re awake. I’m cooking ramen, the only food I can cook without having to worry about messing up the food.” He said and continued humming a song. “Ah, by the way your cell phone on the kitchen table, I brought it here so your sleep is not disturbed also Yesung Hyung called this morning, sorry I answer your phone calls without asking permission but you need extra rest so I answered the phone. And I also told Yesung Hyung that you are still sleeping.”

“Umm, it’s okay. Do you need help?” I asked him while watching Kyuhyun from the right side.

“No, it’s nearly finished. You just have to be ready at the dinner table.” He said, and kissed me on my forehead. “And good morning, Wookie.”

“Morning Kyuhyun..”

“Okay, finished, let’s eat.” Kyuhyun cheerfully announced and we settled ourselves in the dining room. After we finished eating, Kyuhyun had to immediately leave because he had to meet with his parents. Until now Kyuhyun never talked about his parents to me. Sometimes it bothers me, because it’s like he is hiding something from me and actually I knew he was hiding something but I don’t know what it is.

I sighed and pushed away that thought, now I have to call Yesung Hyung and apologized for not fulfilling our promises today. I waited Yesung Hyung pick up the phone when playing random notes on my piano.

“Hello, Wookie!” Someone finally answered, but this is not the voice of Yesung Hyung, who is this?

“I’m sorry, can I talk to Yesung Hyung?” I asked politely, thinking who this person is.

“Wookie, it’s me, Minnie.”

“Minnie Hyung?”

“Yes. You want to talk to Sungie?”

“Ah, yes. Thank you.”

“Okay, waits a second.”

“Hello, Wookie.” Finally, after a few moments Yesung Hyung’s voice heard from the other side.

“Hyung, sorry about this morning..”

“It’s okay Wookie. Ah, by the way can we meet now? Minnie wants to look around Seoul but he also wants to talk to you. Can you join us?”

“Of course.. Where we will meet?”

“I’ll pick you..”

“Oh, okay.. Bye.”

“Bye, Wookie..”

 

At Seoul Mall…

“Let us eat first!” Sungmin Hyung said cheerfully, pulling me and Yesung Hyung to the nearest food when we go into the mall.

We chose a seat in the corner so we’ll have more privacy, I sat across from Sungmin Hyung, while Yesung Hyung sitting beside Sungmin Hyung.

“What do you want to eat, Wookie? As I recall, you like to eat ramen, right?” Sungmin Hyung said, looking at the menu.

Hearing the word ‘ramen’ made me remember the events at my house this morning, or more precisely nearly afternoon.

“Wookie, what do you want to eat?” Yesung Hyung asked me, bringing me back to the present.

“Ah, emmm I’m not hungry Hyung. I’m just going to order a drink.”

“Okay.” And then Yesung Hyung calls a waiter to make order.

We talked about many things while waiting for our order came also after our order came. Yesung Hyung told about how his life in Japan and Sungmin Hyung talk about Hee Young Noona, how they still keep in contact even though Hee Young Noona moved into Halmeoni’s house, also when they have lost contact because Sungmin Hyung moved to Japan while I and Hee Young Noona move back to our house and not long after they finally can contact each other again, Sungmin Hyung heard about Hee Young Noona suicide. He wants to go back to Korea when he heard the news, but unfortunately he can’t. I easily talk to Sungmin Hyung even though we know each other only yesterday, because it’s like I am talking with my Noona.

When finished eating, we continued to walk around the mall because Sungmin Hyung want to buy some clothes and he had exactly the same habits as Noona when shopping, they would go to all store and took a long time to choose. When Sungmin Hyung finished shopping, we did not go home because Sungmin Hyung will treat us ice cream cake. I and Sungmin Hyung occupy the seat first while Yesung Hyung ordered ice cream cake on the counter. So now I was alone with Sungmin Hyung.

“So, why do you smile to yourself and daydreaming while we eat lunch today?” Sungmin Hyung suddenly asked me.

“Huh.. Emm, it’s.. When you’re talking about ramen, it makes me remember my brunch today.”

“What’s wrong with your brunch?”

“It’s just one of my friends make ramen for my brunch today.”

“Oooh~~ Kyuhyun really sweet to you, you are really lucky. And Wookie, you’re really cute when blushed like that.” Sungmin hyung said while smiling.

“I am not.” I tried to deny it, even though I knew I was blushing. “And how do you know about Kyuhyun?”

“Of course I know about him. And now that we’re talking about him, I want to ask you, when you both want to become an official couple?”

“What?!” My eyes widened when I heard Sungmin Hyung’s question.

“I asked when you will both officially became a couple.” Sungmin Hyung repeated the question.

It’s not that I did not hear the first question, but I was too shocked to hear the question and I really don’t know what to say and I’m sure my face was really red now. Uuuh, how Sungmin Hyung can ask me about this? It was too sudden; I really don’t have an answer.

“Is Kyuhyun still not daring to ask you to be his boyfriend?” Sungmin Hyung asked me but I still did not answer, I just stared at my hands that I put on the table, avoiding seeing Sungmin Hyung.

“Aish, I had to give him a lesson then.” Sungmin Hyung muttering to himself but I can still clearly hear his words.

“It’s not like that Hyung...” I said softly, play my hand, feel uneasy suddenly.

“What do you mean?”

“Yesterday we went to the amusement park and when we are in the ferris wheel he says he likes me.”

“Wow, did he kiss you when the ferris wheel was at the top?”

“Hyung!” I blushed hard and stared at Sungmin Hyung with widened eyes.

“Oh, he really does it? Wuah, he’s really a sweet person and romantic!! No wonder you ended up falling on him.” Sungmin Hyung said excited.

“I’m not saying I fell on him, how can you jump to conclusions like that?” I said in a panic.

“Aish Wookie, it’s really obvious. I’m glad you two have to admit what you feel for each other.” Sungmin Hyung said cheerfully.

I just remained silent when heard what Sungmin Hyung said. I still did not say anything to Kyuhyun. I know Kyuhyun said I could give you an answer when I am ready and sure with my feelings, but when can I do it? Can I be prepared to say what I feel and take all the risks that may appear?

“Wookie?”

“Yes, Hyung?” I replied and turned my attention back to Sungmin Hyung.

“Please tell me that you’ve answered Kyuhyun’s confession. Seeing your reaction makes me think you’re still not giving an answer.”

I opened my mouth to answer Sungmin Hyung but immediately shut my mouth again, I don’t know what to say.

“Wookie... Why did not you say you like him too? Until when do you want to have a relationship without a name like this? You give him a chance to get closer to you, but you just do it half way. Try Wookie, you have tried to move forward, don’t make yourself regret it because you were late to take the next step. I know you’re scared, but Wookie don’t look at your past. You have to look at the possibility in the future, a good possibility that you may have a happy life you deserve.”

“But Hyung, I never get happiness for a long time, there is always something bad will happen and destroy my happiness.”

“Wookie... Kyuhyun really like you, I think he is a person who can make you happy. Just think about what I said carefully, and please remember I will support you. If he makes you cry, he will get a lesson from me.”

“Thanks Hyung.. You really like my Noona.”

And then Yesung Hyung came with our ice cream cake, we talked a lot and finally I know why Sungmin Hyung really know me and also know about Kyuhyun. After we finished we went home and I immediately take a bath when I got home and now I am sitting in front of my piano, writing songs that I already half written. Finally I know what I want for this song and this is my first time writing and writes this kind of song. I hope this will be a great song because this song for a special person in my life right now.

 

The next morning...

Last night I was finally able to finish my songs and I also make an important decision. I decided to say what I feel to Kyuhyun today, but the sad thing is Kyuhyun send a message to me that he could not go to university today because he was sick. So today I went to the university alone and somehow time really passes very slowly and I felt really lonely.

When the last class finally ended, I quickly went to the gates of the university and there I saw a white sports car. I was a little hesitate whether it was the correct car I was looking for or not but when I heard his voice I immediately approached the white sports car and sat in the passenger seat.

“Thanks Minnie Hyung, you want to do this for me.”

“No problem. So, you ready?”

“Yes.”

“Okay let’s meet your prince!” Sungmin Hyung said, made me blush when I heard his words.

I contacted Sungmin Hyung and asked if he could accompany me to go to Kyuhyun’s house today because I want to see Kyuhyun’s condition. Fortunately Sungmin Hyung has free time.

After a half-hour, I finally arrived at Kyuhyun’s house and my heart started beating fast.

“Will you go with me?” I asked Sungmin Hyung.

“No, I’ll wait here. Just take your time, don’t rush because of me.” Sungmin Hyung said while ruffled my hair, the way he’s encouraged me.

“Okay. Thanks Hyung...” I said while giving a big smile to him and I jumped out of the car and went into Kyuhyun’s house.

I’m sure Kyuhyun will be surprised by my sudden appearance and I hope that his condition is better now—I can’t wait to meet Kyuhyun. I walked to the front door but when I close to the front door, what I saw there made my heart shattered into small pieces.

Hee Young Noona face pale when I found her in the bathroom suddenly appeared, as I go back to that moment again also makes me remember Noona’s words about her feelings when she saw her boyfriend kissing another girl that I read from Noona’s diary. Finally I know what she felt at that time. I’m stuck where I was standing, unable to move because of all the pain and sorrow I feel now. I can only watch the scene in front of me—want to turn away from looking at the scene in front of me but I could not tear my eyes from the painful scene. Then Kyuhyun and the girl separated themselves from each other, and my eyes met Kyuhyun’s eyes, his eyes showed how shocked he saw me and when I saw he wanted to say something, finally I got the strength to move.

I don’t want to hear anything that Kyuhyun wanted to say.

I turned around and ran to Sungmin Hyung’s car.

From a distance I could hear Kyuhyun’s voice calling my name, but I did not stop and ignoring his voice that kept calling me.

I ran and ran, does not care that my vision blurred with tears.

I stop thinking and just kept running.

When looking at Sungmin Hyung, I ran to him and hugged him—burying my face in his chest.

“Wookie? What’s wrong? Why are you crying?” Sungmin Hyung asked, sounding worried. Sungmin Hyung stepped back and held my shoulders and slightly bent so that he could see me more clearly.

He waited for my answer but I did not answer the question, I just shook my head while tears kept flowing down my cheeks.

“Wookie, tell me what’s wrong? Why are you crying like this?”

“Hyung...Hyung, just...Just take me back to my house, Hyung. Please…Please Hyung, I must go back now.” I said between sobs.

 


Chapter 11!!!

Hope all of you enjoy this long update.. And thank you so much for read and comment, hope you can tell me what you think about this chapter through the comment.. ^^

See you all, I need to rest now.. ^o^