Chapter 10

Trust You

Ryeowook’s POV

I just stared at Kyuhyun’s eyes, waiting for him to answer me. But he did not say anything; he just wiped my tears and hugged me. I hugged him back and buried my face in his chest; inhaling his scent that I really like and can help me to be calmer.

“I can’t answer Wookie, it all depends on yourself. Despite the fact that I can answer for you, but only you can decide the right answers. It would be futile if you decide based on my answer, what I can do is give time and try to make you happy. So please, don’t make the distance with me, you agreed to try, right?” Kyuhyun finally said something to me after some time we just hugged each other. Kyuhyun releasing his arms and cupped my face with both hands, waiting for me to answer. I look into his eyes, wondering what he’s feeling right now, and I find that his eyes were full understanding of my condition, but he was worried about my answer. And I feel my heart start to really fall for him.

“Yes, I would not make the distance with you. And please don’t do anything that would make me regret this decision.” I said to him softly.

“No, you will not regret it. I promise you.” And Kyuhyun kissed me, as he wanted to seal his promise to me. We kissed gently and it feels completely sweet but can still make my heart beat faster and faster. After a while we were separated because we need to fill our lungs with oxygen.

“Thanks Wookie.” Kyuhyun whispered and then he pecked me on the forehead, eyelids, nose, cheeks and my lips.

“Now you need to rest.” Kyuhyun said to me as he pushed me gently to lie back in his bed.

“Kyuhyun, I can sleep in the guest room. I don’t want to bother you.” I said to Kyuhyun, I don’t want him to sleep on the couch because I was using the bed, I don’t want him to feel uncomfortable and I don’t want him sick either.

“Don’t be stupid... In the living room I can’t keep an eye on your condition. You are still not fully healed. How can I rest when I feel too worried because I can’t know your condition?”

“But, I don’t want you to sleep on the couch because of me and—”

“It’s okay Wookie. Don’t think about it, and just rest now, okay..” Kyuhyun said, interrupting my words.

In the end I gave up on his stubbornness and shut my eyes.

 

And it begins again...

Blood..

Car..

Bathroom..

All of it was covered by red blood..

Appa..

Eomma..

Hee Young Noona ...

And I’m shivering, cold, I’m alone and cold surrounds me.

Sadness and sorrow devoured me.

All the pain, fear, and sadness as usual surround me.

But then suddenly I felt the warmth and scent that I really love surrounds me, bring calmness to me.. Finally at the end I drifted back to sleep soundly.

 

The next morning...

The first thing I realized when I woke up was a pair of hands hugged me, and the fact that I don’t sleep alone and I did not sleep in my own bedroom. I don’t feel panicked or confused about this fact, I just feel calmness but also feel myself getting blushed and my heartbeat slowly but surely increasing. I know now my condition is intimate with Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun put one hand on my waist while the other becomes a pillow for me. My head is in the crook of his neck and in my sleep, I also put my arms around his waist. I can’t and dare not move because I was afraid I would make Kyuhyun awake but I am also afraid Kyuhyun could feel my heart that now beating very fast. It is a feeling that is really complicated. And if I want to be honest, I like being in Kyuhyun’s arms. I felt completely safe and he will protect me from all the bad things.

But suddenly I heard a knock on Kyuhyun’s bedroom door also Ahra Noona’s voice that calls Kyuhyun—she called Kyuhyun softly, I think because she was afraid would bother me because Ahra Noona knew I was sick yesterday. Honestly I’m not sure Ahra Noona attempt to wake Kyuhyun can make Kyuhyun awaken but then I felt a kiss on the crown of my head. And when I looked up, Kyuhyun started kissing my forehead, eyelids, nose, cheeks and my lips. I thought it was a new habit of him which is really sweet..

“Good morning, Wookie..” Kyuhyun said while his face was only an inch from my face.

“Morning..” I said softly.

“You want to go to university today?” He asks while checking my temperature with his hand and I just nodded to answer him.

“I will meet with Noona and then we’ll get ready to go to university, okay?”

“Okay.”

And then Kyuhyun got up and walked out of the bedroom to meet with Ahra Noona. After Kyuhyun walked away, I bury my face in Kyuhyun’s pillow. Trying to calm my heart that beat too fast. I feel really confused right now. I really don’t know what my relationship with Kyuhyun now, our relationship can’t be said as a friend because we actually more than that, but we also did not officially together. And to be honest I’m not sure I’m ready to have an official closer relationship as well. I’ve never felt like this before. I don’t know to whom I can talk about my feelings, and this just makes me wish Hee Young Noona not leave me so that I could ask questions and talk about my feelings. I really miss her. I also miss Appa, Eomma and Halmeoni. I miss my family. And of course I miss Yesung Hyung too. I know I can talk to him, but I don’t want to bother him too much.

Not long afterwards Kyuhyun back and we prepared to go to university. I wear Kyuhyun’s clothes again because when I tried to persuade him to take me back to my house so I can use my own clothes and of course so that I can take my book, but Kyuhyun refused and I could only let out a big sigh and give up with his stubborn behavior. Sometimes I could not understand what he was thinking. It will be a long day and I don’t know how I can study today without a single book and I did not use my own clothes. One thing I was really thankful for is Kyuhyun’s clothes that I wear quite suit me, so it does not seem unusual. But still, the thing that really bothers me is how I can study without my book. Somehow Kyuhyun really unreasonable and stubborn this morning.

After that we went to our university. Throughout the day Kyuhyun accompanied me walking from one class to the next class. I was afraid he was late to his class, but he just ignored my words and continues to accompany me.

Thankfully I was able to learn well even without any books today, but I’m sure I don’t want this experience to happen again. And today when I and Kyuhyun walked to our last class, we met with Alex-shii. He has blue yellow bruise on his left cheek, but the worst part is I think he has a problem with his nose because it looked really weird, he also would be difficult to speak because there is a cut on the left side of his lips. I feel bad seeing his conditions right now, but I was also scared at him. I felt my body was getting a little trembling and I think Kyuhyun aware of this and he pulled me to be closer to him and Kyuhyun also grabbed my hand and squeeze my hand—a sign that I don’t need to be afraid because he was here with me and will protect me. Alex-shii also did not dare to approach us, he turned and walked away. In the end Kyuhyun and I kept walking into our classroom.

 

Since that day, Kyuhyun always be by my side. He also accompanied me to go to the cemetery when I want to visit my family. He even tried to change his class schedule so that all the same with me, but Kyuhyun still have to wait for approval from the university. Kyuhyun really sweet and caring to me. But he also likes to tease me. Every day when he picked me up he always does the counting game and somehow still made me always panic. I always try to get up early but he seemed to know and come early or make the count becomes shorter so that in the end I always get a punishment from him.

Today is Saturday, and I’m going over to Kyuhyun’s house to make our project which fortunately the deadline was postponed until the next two months but we still want to finish it as quickly as possible. I prepare really earlier than the time that Kyuhyun and I agreed, and after I finished preparing, I waited for him in my front garden. I sat in the garden chair while I am trying to continue to make my own songs that are still stuck until now. Within a short time all music notes scattered on the table, and not long afterwards I heard a sound like a car stopped near my house. I stepped out to the front door and saw Kyuhyun who just got out of the car. I walked up to him while calling his name.

“Kyuhyun..”

“Wookie? Aish, you cheated.” Kyuhyun said as he folded his hands across his chest.

“Huh? What do you mean?” I asked confused while I tilt my head to think what Kyuhyun mean.

And suddenly Kyuhyun just pulls me close and kiss me without answering my question. I was a little shocked until I initially did not respond to the kiss but when I’ve recovered from my shock, I slowly began to kiss him back. And then Kyuhyun started to deepen the kiss, he my cheek with his thumb while his other hand was on my back, pulling me closer to him and I wrapped my arms around his neck as well. Kyuhyun sliding his tongue into my cavern and we kissed deeply until our lungs run out of air.

“Your kiss really improves now.” Kyuhyun said with a smile.

“Kyuhyun!! How can you talk about that? And why do you suddenly kiss me?” I scolded him, slapping his chest when I heard his words.

“Wookie, when are you going to call me ‘Kyu’?”

I did not say anything and just cross my arms, I knew Kyuhyun tried to change the subject so I just glared at Kyuhyun.

“Okay, I will answer you, it is a punishment for you because you cheated; you did not give me a chance to count.”

I slapped his chest again and rolled my eyes. Sometimes he had unreasonable thought.

“It really does not make sense, Cho Kyuhyun. You always change the number of counts and made me always get punished. Now, when I finally get one step ahead of you, you still give me a punishment. Please let me know the exact rules of your strange game.”

“I don’t want to, if I say the rules I will not be able to do whatever I want.” Kyuhyun said with a smirk.

“Aish, arrogant and unreasonable.”

“And don’t blame me if I kiss you, you are too cute and have a lips that is addictive. So it’s hard to control myself.” Kyuhyun said with a serious face and a low voice that sends chills on my back. I know my face as red as a tomato right now and I slapped his chest seriously hard not like what I did before while muttering ‘ert’ to Kyuhyun and walked back to my house. From a distance I heard Kyuhyun groan because my hard slap, but I did not turn back. I just kept walking and sitting in the garden chair, trying to continue writing my songs before going to make our project.

But Kyuhyun came and began to tidy my music paper.

“Kyuhyun, I still want to write something.”

“Ooh! I just knew it; it was your signature in the corner?” Kyuhyun asked me when he was watching my signature, completely ignoring my words.

“Wookie? Are you okay?” Kyuhyun asked when I did not answer the question.

“I’m sorry, yes, I’m fine.”

“Why? Tell me. I know you are thinking about something. About your signature?”

“You really know me. Yes, it’s about my signature. It’s a nickname that my families usually call me. Since my family left me, I use it as a mark on each of my songs.” I explained.

“Ryeonggu. I want to call you like this someday in the future, may I?”

“Yes, someday you may be to call me like that. I’ll tell you when I’m ready.” I said, smiling at how Kyuhyun really understand me. He knew I still could not and was not strong enough to be called by that name, because when I heard that nickname, it will surely bring wonderful memories but also sad memories back to me. For now I can only write it as a memento of my family.

After Kyuhyun finished collecting all my music sheets and notes, he gave it to me so that I could put it in my bag. Then Kyuhyun entwine our hands.

“Let’s go to the amusement park!” Kyuhyun said brightly and smiled.

“What?? But don’t we will make our project today?” I said with a puzzled and surprised by the sudden change of plans today.

“The weather today is too good to be wasted by making a school project.” Kyuhyun said grinning and he pulled me into his car.

“But I don’t like the amusement park...” I muttered while pout when I got into the car.

“Impossible.. You will enjoy it.” Kyuhyun said as he settled himself in the driver’s seat and started the car and driving to the amusement parks.

“How can someone who does not really like driving will enjoy the game at the amusement park?” I asked, while crossing my arms and glared at Kyuhyun.

“Don’t worry, you will definitely enjoy it.” Kyuhyun said with a smirk.

“Arrogant Cho...” I mumbled and turned the other way and focus looking at the scenery outside.

After half an hour, we arrived at the amusement park. Kyuhyun immediately drew me to walk around the amusement park; Kyuhyun makes me play all the games at the amusement park, except for games that I did not like. He like knows what the game I like and what games I did not like. And Kyuhyun had played alone a few games that I don’t like when I was just watching him, initially Kyuhyun not want to play because he did not want to leave me alone but I forced him because I want him to enjoy playing on the amusement park too. And honestly I enjoy every moments.

When we play in the arcade game area, in one of the stores Kyuhyun play a game that has a prize if you get the highest score. Kyuhyun really excited to win this game because the grand prize is rare video games that he wanted since a long time ago, his enthusiasm made me feel excited as well, and I encouraged him from behind when he plays the game. Kyuhyun really happy and proud of himself when he finally gets the highest score and win. I laughed at his expression and his reaction made me think of a kid who received the big prize from Santa on Christmas Day. Kyuhyun then went on to claim his prize as I walk around to see the other games.

“Wookie.” Kyuhyun calling me from behind me.

“Kyuhyun, look! Catcher game!” I said eagerly and turned to Kyuhyun.

And Kyuhyun standing behind me. Grinning like a kid with his hands behind his back. Somehow he really looks suspicious.

“What?” I asked a little wary.

“For you. It made me think about you.” Kyuhyun said while smiling sweetly and I felt my heart beat increased. Kyuhyun holds a music box that has the shape of a grand piano. It’s really a beautiful music box; shaped as piano from wooden with white color also has elegant and classic style.

I took the music box, and then I realized something.

“Where is the rare video game that you win?” I asked suspiciously.

“Don’t think about it, you just have to accept and appreciate this music box. Do you want to try to play the catcher game?” I know Kyuhyun tried to avoid answering me, and I knew I could not push him from the way he spoke and the expression on his face.

I began to feel my eyes stung with tears, not out of sadness, but because I felt really touched by how Kyuhyun choose the music box for me than the video game he really wanted. Honestly from the first time, I have a heart for this music box but I just pushed those feelings aside because I think the rare video games are more valuable. But then Kyuhyun sacrificing his video game.

What Kyuhyun do really sweet and makes my heart pounding but at the same time also feels like melted.

“Thank you Kyuhyun.” I said, smiling at him and tried to hold back my tears.

“You are welcome.” Kyuhyun said and he kissed my eyes in order to make my tears away.

After that we tried to play catcher game, it was really difficult and we lost many times but still we are happy. And Kyuhyun then invited me to ride the ferris wheel before we return to home because it’s nearly sunset. Kyuhyun sat on one side when I’m on the opposite side. In the ferris wheel, we enjoyed the sunset, the scenery is very beautiful.

“Kyuhyun! Look! Sea! So beautiful!” I said feel very excited when we were near the top of the ferris wheel so we have a better view to the city and the sea. “One day we must come back to see this scene at night. It must be wonderful too I think.” I added still feel excited.

But suddenly...

“I like you, Wookie.” Kyuhyun whispered.

And my mind immediately felt empty when I heard Kyuhyun’s words. I slowly turned to Kyuhyun to see if I am just hallucinating or not because this is too sudden and I could not believe what I just heard was true.

“What are you saying?” I whispered.

“I like you. Really liked you, Wookie.”

I felt my heartbeat increased, felt happy but also scared. And I could only stare at the dark brown orbs of Kyuhyun’s eyes. And when I finally opened my mouth to speak, Kyuhyun immediately approached me and interrupt my words with kissing me. He kissed me so desperately, and I couldn’t not kiss him back. He slid his fingers between my hair until his hand reached the nape of my neck and pulled me closer to deepen the kiss. While his other hand entwined with my hand that I put in my lap. Kyuhyun my lips as a sign and I opened my mouth, our tongues met and we savor the taste of each other. After a few minutes we stopped kissing because of lack of air. We gasped with our faces still close together, only a few inches so that we could feel each other warm breath.

“Please just tell me what you feel if you are ready and you are sure what you feel to me.” Kyuhyun whispered and I could only nod in response.

And without us know our time in ferris wheel runs out. Kyuhyun pulled me out, and we walked to his car. All the time we in the car, I did not say anything, busy with my own thoughts and Kyuhyun did not say anything as well. When we finally arrived at my house, Kyuhyun walked me to the front door, as he usually did.

“Kyuhyun, thanks for today. I really had fun.” I smiled. “Also for the music box, I really loved it and would cherish it.”

“You are welcome, Wookie. I really had a great time too. And yes, you must cherish that and must always remember me when you see and hear the music box.” Kyuhyun said as he caressed my cheek. “I have to go back now.” Kyuhyun added.

“Okay. Bye Kyuhyun, be careful on your way and don’t forget to give message when you’re home, okay.” I said. This is our new habit every time Kyuhyun took me home after I told him about my past.

“Of course. Have a sweet dream later.” And then Kyuhyun kissed me shortly before he returned to his car. I waited until I could not see his car again before I started to close the door of my house; I immediately went upstairs to my room to get cleaned up. I put the music box in the nightstand cabinet near my bed. And after I finish cleaning myself, I try to listen to what the song in the music box and it turns out this music box has a beautiful song. And I just found out in addition to this song, this music box can also record a song or voice. It was absolutely wonderful and precious, really like what I dreamed.

 

I was walking to downstairs to start preparing dinner when I heard my doorbell rang. It’s really weird, because I don’t have anyone to come, I don’t have a lot of people I know who would visit me. Is that Kyuhyun? But he was just here. Indeed, until now Kyuhyun still does not give news of his arrival at his house, or he is back here again? I then immediately walked to the front door and opened it.

“Kyuh—” my words stopped there. Felt really surprised by his presence, I took a few minutes to be sure I was not wrong with this sudden event and when I’m sure, I was not able to repress my happiness saw him again.

“Yesung Hyung!!” I shouted his name aloud and Yesung hyung smiled and gave me a big hug. I really miss him. After a few minutes we finally let go of our arms and began to observe the condition of one another.

“You look happier.” Yesung Hyung said finally.

“You too, Hyung. How are you? How can you suddenly go back to Korea without giving me any news?” I said while pouting at the end.

“I don’t know I will be back too until this morning.” Yesung said with a laugh. And that’s when I realized someone was standing behind Yesung Hyung, slightly hidden behind Yesung Hyung.

“Who is it behind you, Hyung?” I asked Yesung Hyung, curious. And Yesung Hyung shifted to the side so I could see clearly who is behind him.

“He is Lee Sungmin.” Yesung Hyung introduces the person behind him, and Yesung Hyung still talking to me, but I don’t really know what he is talking about. Since I froze when I saw him, surprised and also feel other complicated feelings in me.

 

Like I said I update pretty soon, right? ^^

I hope you can enjoy this update more and kindly tell me what you think with give me comment.. ^^