Chapter 9 - Mean Girl

Love at Shot

"You should take it out like this, not the other way round," Shin-Hye commanded.

"What? You mean like this?" Min-Ho followed Shin-Hye on the way to un-tie the apron.

"Kim Tan, you have to pull this string, the other string will make it more tighten," Shin-Hye impatiently respond.

"Ya, Cha Eun-Sang, which one is which?" Kim Tan lose the patience too.

As Kang-PD looked at his two leads who start to bicker, he voiced out, "Both of you, are you still in discussion? You guys go ahead to rehearse the scene where Kim Tan pull down Eun-Sang hairtie. Ah, also go ahead to rehearse the kiss scene...."

"PD-nim, Eun-Sang is the one playhard to get." Min-Ho pleaded while staring at Eun-Sang.

"Both of you, stop fighting like an old couple. Kim Tan, have you rehearse the kiss scene, make sure Eun-Sang knows what to do," Kang-PD added and continue to shout an "action".

Shin-Hye looked at Min-Ho Oppa and shyly lowed her head down when he try to untie the apron and pull the apron out. Shin-Hye heard Min-Ho Oppa slight chuckle voice, it is always happen when he tried to hold his laughter. Shin-Hye looked at his face and burst out the giggle. She muttered the curse, so no one except Min-Ho could hear them, "Oppa, stop it,"

Min-Ho sneakily respond to her in silent while covering his mouth, "Why? Don't think ert thought, I'm just pulling your apron off,"

Shin-Hye slowly pressed her heel on Kim Tan's shoes but she made sure the intensity is high, so Min-Ho Oppa couldn't pull his joke again.

She smirked and say slowly, "Don't you dare to act in pain, you are the one that make Kang-PD angry, and if you make that silly face again, I will really kill you"

"Ya, Eun Sang, it's pain, why are you so mean to me?" Min-Ho shout in protest.

 

The drive back home was always silent since she already exhausted, while Eunnie and Soo-Young Unni were also tired that they fell asleep during the journey.

Suddenly, Jun-Oppa looked at her and voice out, "Shin-Hye, I know you are not happy about that, but I do think that Min-Ho Shii decision is good for you too."

"Oppa, I'm not angry, it just a little weird, he said he got cold but I didn't see he had any flu, I just feel being cheated, that's it," Shin-Hye explained.

"You always over-think, he has the good intentions, how you will act that passionate kiss scene in front of those 20 pairs of eyes, Min-Ho Shii, he know that you must feel awkward in front of the other casts, that's why he came out with the cold and flu," Jun-Oppa tried to defend Min-Ho.

"Yes Shin-Hye, Min-Ho Shii really did this for your own good, the last rooftop kiss take at least 4 hours, how long will it takes for this kiss scene where so many people staring at you, he know that we all really got tired from the non-stop shooting, so to make it sweet and short, he change to the forehead kiss," Eunnie over-heard Jun-Oppa conversation and she felt that Min-Ho decision was right for Shin-Hye sake.

 "What's wrong with you guys? Why suddenly all jump ship to Min-Ho Oppa side? Did he discuss this with you before, Oppa?" Shin-Hye looked back at Jun-Oppa.

Jun-Oppa boldly denied that he got anything to do with this, but actually Min-Ho did came to him and have a talk with him. They just have an overall talk about Shin-Hye, her total being, what she did, what she used to do, all sort of things. However Jun-Oppa didn't remember Min-Ho mentioned anything about the kiss scene, he hope not that Min-Ho pay attention to his laments about Shin-Hye awkwardness towards the kiss scene. Jun-Oppa just said, "She act like a total tomboy but yet she is real reserve and conservative, I don't know how I could change her this attitude,"

When Min-Ho heard that Shin-Hye is conservative personally, he looked at Jun-Oppa, "Oh? She is so easy-going, so I thought maybe she is just embarass to kiss. Did she so reserve?"

"Shin-Hye? She has all this bunch of male friends, that make people around confuse which one is her boyfriend. It is so easy to be her friend but to be more than that, it is really hard, she don't open up herself easily, what we call that?......Trust?" Jun-Oppa added. The Moet-Chandon Grand Vintage that Min-Ho bring over must have make Jun-Oppa loosen himself.

"Hmmm," Min-Ho nodded in agreement. Manager-Hyung gave him the idea to treat Jun-Oppa some wine since Jun-Hyung love to drink and wine is his favourite. 

"I heard Song Jong-Ki is also interested about Shin-Hye, didn't they date?" Min-Ho say out his main concern.

"Huh? Song Jong-Ki? Ahh, Shin-Hye, she is really a brat...."Jun-Oppa continued.

"Brat? Why?" Min-Ho asked.

"Ya Song Jong-Ki is so nice to her, bring her everywhere, play these wakeboard with her and then send her flowers, but you know what Shin-Hye say? He is just another friend, that poor guy, I'm almost beat Shin-Hye up with her this princess attitude," Jun-Oppa added.

"We keep telling her to go date but she always end up at the gym," Jun-Oppa stressed out.

"She is really brat," Min-Ho smiled.

"Why are you suddenly so interested about Shin-Hye? Don't tell me you will be her next victim?" Jun-Oppa looked questioningly.

"Me? No, I just want to know since we are working together," Min-Ho find a lame excuse but Jun-Oppa still looked at him. He is not a good liar so he mostly get caught when trying to lie. To avoid more question from Jun-Hyung, he rised up nervously, almost spilled his glass of wine, and excuse himself.

 

Shin-Hye will have a late shoot tomorrow since the production teams still try to sort out the location issue, mostly the reason was due to fangirls that tend to join the shooting everytime they had the outdoor shoot. They were mobbed the other day, and caused huge traffic congested that even get to first page of daily news. Of course, mostly was Min-Ho Oppa fangirls that non-stop send him food and drink. She is unsure whether to feel thankful for the supplies or to feel regret for getting involve with Min-Ho Oppa. She had read many comments about herself in DC posted by Minoz. Some are mean while others were neutral. Only a few of them admire into her acting after watching their drama project. She wishes that she didn't gain more anti-fan since it is irritated to get comment on how she is fat or normal looking and not compatible to Kim Tan. So far, she didn't receive any creepy threat yet from the anti-fans so she could still think herself at the safe zone. Shin-Hye flipped through the scripts that Jun-Oppa just gave her, he asked her to make decision since her management agency had been a pushover.

She put a full spoon of rice into and enjoyable chew it. Just then, Min-Ho Oppa made a call to Shin-Hye.

Min-Ho: Where are you?

Shin-Hye quickly swallow the food and replied: I'm eating food, why?

Min-Ho: Are you at your restaurant?

Shin-Hye: Oh, yes.

Min-Ho: Let me in from the back door, I'm waiting.

Shin-Hye: Oh? When you come?

Min-Ho: Faster, it is so cold.

Shin-Hye rushed downstairs and head to the kitchen area and open the lock held the exit door. Min-Ho stepped in with himself fully cover with his thick jacket and bennet hood.

Shin-Hye looked over at the tall-build guy in front of her and said, "Oh? How do you come here? How you know I'm here? When are you here?"

Min-Ho looked around at the kitchen assistants that look at him surprisingly. He made a bow and thank you them for working hard and quickyly pull Shin-Hye away from the kitchen area. 

Min-Ho Oppa impatiently looked at Shin-Hye, "So much questions that you ask. Which room are we heading to?"

Shin-Hye breath out "Aissshh" and let the way to the second floor to the private room which her family tend to gather. Since it is way past the closing hour of the restaurant, her parents were busy themselves at the cashier area and only a few of the kitchen helpers and waiters left out with the cleaning

Min Ho looked at the big bowl of bibimbap that Shin-Hye prepared but she could only try a spoon out of it since Min-Ho Oppa made the surprise visit to the restaurant, "Woaha, great timing, I'm so hungry."

"Oppa, how do you know I'm here?" Shin-Hye curiously looking at him.

"No, I don't know, I'm just hungry so I came here to have food," Min-Ho Oppa gave an excuse.

"What? Hungry? So you come here? Liar," Shin-Hye demanded.

"Before you continue to fight with me, feed me something," Min-Ho Oppa looked at her pitifully

Shin-Hye looked at the bibimbap and told Min-Ho Oppa that she will get him some soup and side dishes and hurriedly went to the kitchen. Shin-Hye looked at the almost ready samgyetang and carefully pour it over the bowl. Shin-Hye's mother had prepared the soup for her since Shin-Hye had to work through the cold weather and ginseng could warm her up during the hectic shooting schedule. She pushed the service carts which full of side dishes, drinks and soup. Min-Ho Oppa was diligently indulge on the bibimbap when Shin-Hye enter the room.

"Oppa, eat this too," Shin-Hye put the hot soup in front of Min-Ho Oppa and carefully placed the other side dishes neatly in front of him.

"Oh, samgyetang? Woaha, did you cook this?" Min-Ho looked at the hot smoke that slowly weep into the air.

"No, my mother did, eat this while it hot," Shin-Hye hand over him a clean set of spoon and chopstick since Min-Ho Oppa had been using hers while finishing her bibimbap.

Shin-Hye watched over Min-Ho Oppa while he ate deliciously. He is a big eater but it didn't show on his physique build. Min-Ho Oppa peeped a look at Shin-Hye and voiced out, "Are you not going to eat? The soup will get cold. Oh, this is really delicious,"

Shin-Hye smiled and continue to dig into her bibimbap. The taste of simple bibimbap or the samgyetang never disappoint him, he is always feel so satistied after having meal with Shin-Hye. She could certainly lift his spirit and appetite up. He only felt her tenderness and kindness when they start to know each other more while shooting at the foreign land. She never show herself as weak actress that need to be care and seek additional attention like other actress or celebrities that he came to know. Although she is younger than him, she tend to be more opinionated than him, her sense of direction was great but she also has a lot of empathy towards people around her. He can't deny that looking at her charming smile sometimes did make him lose the focus. He was trying to memorize the lines but her voice and smile kept him sway and he kept making NG that it made the PD-nim irritated. He would like to explain to Shin-Hye about the change of kiss scene but he let it slip since she didn't mention about it and she did looks like she prefer his suggestion.

Min-Ho swift his eyesight from Shin-Hye to the other side and notice a stack of script books, "Oh, what is this?"

He carefully flip the pages and read the main title "Gift Talk" ,"Are you considering any film later after our drama?"

Shin-Hye looked over at the script and replied,"Yes, my agency ask me to review these scripts,"

"Romantic comedy?" Min-Ho read through the synopsis

"Actually I already set my mind on the film that I would take on," Shin-Hye point to the script of "The Royal Tailor".

"The Royal Tailor?" Min-Ho read through the synopsis again.

"This is interesting, did other main lead is confirm yet?" Min-Ho curiously ask.

"I heard Go-Soo Sunbae and Yun Yeon Sook are in for this," Shin-Hye replied.

"Oh, Go-Soo Sunbae, he is good," he nodded in agreement.

"Oppa, how about you? Are you looking over any film or drama?" Shin-Hye asked.

"Hmm, I decide on Gangnam Blues too," he informed.

"Gangnam Blues...sound interesting, period film or action?" Shin-Hye looked at him.

They must have miss the old days chat that they used to have while shooting the first 3 episodes at LA. They kept on discuss on each of their future plan after the completion of their drama. Min-Ho Oppa mentioned that he wish to conquer the overseas market since he would like to challenge himself other than Korean audience. China will be his next destination and he already has in depth discussion with his agency about his plan. Shin-Hye listened attentively to Min-Ho Oppa and suggest that he should also involve himself more through commercial advertisement. Min-Ho Oppa also inform her that he already agree to sign a few of endorsement deal with China company. 

When Min-Ho Oppa asked Shin-Hye whether she will be active after the completion of their drama, saying that Shin-Hye is the type that dislike the spotlight that pouring on her and she is very private person internally, Shin-Hye looked at Min-Ho Oppa and smiled. 

"Oppa, well I didn't know you have been observing me secretly," Shin-Hye teased.

"Ya, I have working with you few months now, I know more or less about you," Min-Ho replied.

"Oh, how you know me that well? Let me make a test for you," Shin-Hye challenged.

"Ok, game," Min-Ho replied.

"When is my birthday?" she fired the first simple question.

"18 February," 

"What is my blood type?" She asked again just to test whether he forget what she told him previously.

"You are an A,"

"Hmmm, which color is my favourite?" Shin-Hye looked over.

"Red,"

"Ya, how can you know all of this? Why?" Shin-Hye desperately want to know the answer.

Min-Ho Oppa make the intense gaze at her, he would like to tell her the truth but he is hesitant that she will say no. After he heard the incident from Jun-Hyung, he lose his self-confidence that he could win over her. Their silence was disrupted by the creek of the door. Shin-Hye's mother walk in and was surprised to see Min-Ho Oppa sitting next to Shin-Hye, she didn't know that they are that close to have private dinner together.

"Oh, Min-Ho, you are here, I didn't know," Shin-Hye mother welcome him.

"Omma, I told him that you are busy with the ledger so I ask him to meet you later," Shin-Hye informed her mother.

"Hello, aunty, have you been well?" Min-Ho stood up and slightly bow.

"Oh, yes, I hope you are well too, Tanni," she smiled cheekily to him.

"Shin-Hye father and me have been watching over you and Shin-Hye, you guys look great together," she added.

Shin-Hye clear and inform Min-Ho Oppa that her mother is his silent fan.

"Have Shin-Hye prepare you anything? Have you guys eat?" Shin-Hye mother warmly asking.

"Oh, it is all delicious, Shin-Hye say you cook the samgyetang, I eat that very well, thank you very much," Min-Ho replied.

"Min-Ho Oppa say he is hungry, so I serve him the samgyetang, he even like the side dishes that you prepare, Omma," Shin-Hye added.

"Really? Oh, why don't you come here when you are hungry everytime? I will feed you. Aigoo, you are so thin," Shin-Hye mother looked at Min-Ho lovingly.

Shin-Hye giggled looking at Min-Ho Oppa shy smiled when talking to her mother. Her mother informed that they will be heading home and ask Shin-Hye to lock the back door carefully before she left. Her mother always allow her to roam freely while standing next to her everytime she need a shoulder to lean on. Shin-Hye mother meet most of Shin-Hye friends because Shin-Hye always bring them over for dinner at their restaurant. While looking at Min-Ho, Shin-Hye mother would like to give them space to know more about each other since she could differentiate the friendly gaze and lover gaze between these two.

"Ah, I don't know what magic do you pull that all women that I know always falling head over heels with you," Shin-Hye teased.

"Really. most of them? How about you?" Min-Ho Oppa curiously looking.

Shin-Hye smiled and said, "Oppa, don't worry Eun-Sang always choose Kim Tan,"

"No, I mean you as Park Shin-Hye," Min-Ho pressed for answer.

"Me, you want me to fall head over heels with you?" the table is overturn when Shin-Hye tried to change the question.

"Why? Are you afraid that you will fall in love with me?" Min-Ho Oppa smirked.

"Oppa, what is this? Are you toying me?" Shin-Hye pout.

Min-Ho Oppa couldn't withstand himself when Shin-Hye made the cute pouty face. He let out his breath and change the topic of the discussion saying that he just joking and ask her to forget about that. They end up discuss about Min-Ho outfits which he used his own budget to purchase since he didn't want to burden the sponsors. Shin-Hye was curious whether he will be keeping those Kim Tan outfits after the completion of the drama. Min-Ho Oppa said he probably would but it would be a waste to store it so he is thinking to make an auction for those outfits. Shin-Hye loves Min-Ho Oppa brilliant idea and she promised to support with the auction.

"Omo, it is already 4am, how time flies?" Shin-Hye got shocked after she realized how long they spent time together chit chat.

"Really? Let's go home, we will have early shoot tomorrow," Min-Ho Oppa stand up.

"Yes, let's go," Shin-Hye clears up the table and place the dishes on the cart and slightly pushed it.

Min-Ho Oppa helped Shin-Hye to empty the dirty dishes in the kitchen. He also insist to send Shin-Hye back home as a repay to the food he ate. The drive to Shin-Hye house is silent, both of them are concentrate on the drive while listening to the soothing music that play. Min-Ho Oppa carefully follows the direction from the address that Shin-Hye typed into the GPS that installed in his car. Min-Ho Oppa pulled his car over at the narrow street opposite the single storey house with wooden gate. Shin-Hye turned to Min-Ho Oppa and say her goodbye, but Min-Ho Oppa bent over and plant the fast kiss on her lips. With a shock, Shin-Hye looked at him and say, "Ya, is this a joke?"