Chapter 12 - Green Eyes Monster

Love at Shot

Shin-Hye walked at fast paced into the small cafe located nearby the shooting location, she could be late if she doesn't speed up, they insist to meet up even though she told them that she has filming today. Girls being girls, and being actress like herself, her good friends know that Shin-Hye does have break time while waiting for her turn to shoot. Soo-Jing said that Mee-So is deadly worry since they talked to her few days ago when she made a night visit at her co-actor house, add up to that, they are jaw-dropping shocked watching the intense kiss scene of Shin-Hye. To calm things down, Shin-Hye promise for a short escape and meet up with her friends. She spots her friends who choose to sit at the far end corner, Soo-Jing lean and fit figure is what Shin-Hye wish for, admire at her slim and fit, she was determine to workout to be like her unni before, however since she couldn't stop herself from indulge in good food, it is always hard for her to achieve her target.

Soo-Jing waves at Shin-Hye and point at the empty seat next to her, Shin-Hye beam a bright smile and sit next to her.

"Oh, hello, how are you?" Soo-Jing looks out.

Shin-Hye takes a deep breath and said, "I was rushing to get here...oh, I'm fine unni, how are you?"

Mee-So looks at Shin-Hye and said, "We just talk about you, I'm ok and as usual work and work to make ends meet,"

Soo-Jing said, "We miss you, it had been so long since we meet you, little sis,"

Shin-Hye shyly replied, "Oh, I miss you too, I will finish filming next week and wowla I will get my freedom,"

Mee-So, "Next week? This is good news, let's hanging out together,"

Soo-Jing said, "Oh, I will bring you guys to this place, we film the program there last week and I can't get enough of the food there, let's go there again and they serve the best noodle ever,"

Shin-Hye replied, "Ok, deal, let's eat out together.."

Mee-So said, "Oh Shin-Hye, tell us how is Lee Min-Ho? He look so handsome through the drama, I wish I could meet him in real life,"

Soo-Jing teased, "Oh, me too....he is so handsome and tall, and his eyes is so charismatic!"

Shin-Hye looks at her friends and said, "What's with you guys? I won't take the hook, if you guys want to ask about that night, go ahead, no need to turn a big round,"

"Spill out, what's is happening?" Mee-So curiously looking.

Shin-Hye tapped at her feet and start to tell them about her relationship with Min-Ho. She begins with the incident of spilling coffee, where she accidentally spill the coffee on his shirt at LA whereby she was late and accidentally knock on Min-Ho Oppa while trying to rush to the dinner, up to yesterday fight, when they fight about the crying scene which Min-Ho Oppa had to back hug her but Shin-Hye suggest that he lower the position of his hand but he insist that he already get to use to place his hand at this position, they end up fight about that, Shin-Hye gave in to Min-Ho Oppa since he was so stubborn on his decision.

"Do you like him?" Soo-Jing directly ask.

Shin-Hye silent and said, "I'm not sure, whether it is Eun-Sang feeling or Shin-Hye feeling, so I really don't know whether it is because of the drama,"

"So you do like him, but you are not sure whether it is because of the character feeling," Mee-So corrects Shin-Hye.

Shin-Hye nods her head and said, "I don't know whether this feeling will disappear after the drama ends, so I'm not sure,"

"Did you tell him about your feeling?" Mee-So asked.

"No," Shin-Hye replied.

"How about him? What he thinks about you?" Soo-Jing asked.

"I don't know, he seems really good to me, he always make jokes and make me laugh, he takes care of me really well," Shin-Hye said.

"How could you don't know? Normally girls would feel if the boy like the girl, you will see that the boy take special care to the girl and so on," Soo-Jing said.

 "You see, since we always had this lovey-dovey scenes together as Eun-Sang and Kim-Tan, so I always feel he acts lovely near me, but it is the character feels and it is scripted, but when the camera stops shooting, he is another person, he also treat me well, he is gentleman, so I'm confused which is which," Shin-Hye confessed.

"How about that kiss? Kiss when he send you home that night, is that scripted or what?" Mee-So asked.

"What kiss? Omo! He kiss you when he send you home?" Soo-Jing almost scream.

Shin-Hye went speecheless and said, "Actually, we didn't discuss about it since we are too busy with filming so I just let it pass,"

"Pabo, he likes you ya," Soo-Jing said

"But I think Shin-Hye give it more thought, since he receive a lots of fame from this drama, you see so many fans are surround him, they follow him around, it will be not easy for him to fall in love, I think those are the reasons why he didn't confess to you if he did like you, but if he didn't like you back, just ignore it, don't put too much thought on it, I'm sure there will be much more choices for you in future," Mee-So advice her.

Soo-Jing put a deep thought on it and said, "True enough, if he really like you, then he will need the courage to take it forward, if he doesn't even has that qualities, then it will be a waste to be with him,"

Shin-Hye silent and said, "I didn't put up much hope on Min-Ho Oppa too, he has too many fans and he will be too busy to fall in love, I just think about myself, it is so hard to let go, I feel so close to the crews and casts, and it will end soon, I will have withdrawal depression again,"

"We will hanging out together, just go out, do sports, eat out and oh, our annual vacation, don't you forget" Soo-Jing exclaims.

"Vacation?" Shin-Hye almost forget that they promise to stick with each other and go holiday together since they all shared the same love of diving and water and sun.

Just then, Ji-Hoon Oppa comes over and say hi to the girls. Soo-Jing invites Ji-Hoon over for some catch-up since they are close after filmed the FBND together. Unfortunately, he has commitment earlier on so he is late. He is always friendly with the girls and they have the same circle of friends. He flashes his signature smile and chat heartily since it had been a while since he meet up with the girls. Shin-Hye receives a miss call from Jun-Oppa as a sign that she should come back to the studio. Shin-Hye apologized to her friends and get up. Since Ji-Hoon is also going to the same direction, he suggests that he could drop off Shin-Hye at the location.

Ji-Hoon Oppa is down to earth and doesn't carry the fame around him as celebrity. She likes him in the way that he is reasonable and polite and logical. He also doesn't try to put on a mask or acting dominant over her, she likes him in the fact that he is honest about their friendship. He slowly pulled the car over in front of the studio building, Shin-Hye smile and say her thanks for dropping her off and hopped off from the car.

"Bye Bye Oppa, drive slowly," Shin-Hye waves her goodbye. As she turns around, she saw Min-Ho Oppa stands between the wall of the building, next to him is his stylist and manager, they must be having the cigarette break time. Nervously she walks towards the group, surprisingly Min-Ho Oppa turns away from her and walks towards the entrance, he doesn't even respond to her wave when she signals him to wait for her. Didn't he see me? Or did he see me with Ji-Hoon Oppa? Is he jealous? Shin-Hye is having a few guesses at Min-Ho Oppa strange behaviour.

 

Min-Ho looks at the lady in red dress who stands nearly as tall as himself, how high is the heel that she wears? Min-Ho thought while looking at Shin-Hye. Her stylist keeps on touch-up on her make-up while her Unni combs Shin-Hye's hair slowly, trying to make it as neat as possible. He walks up next to Shin-Hye and asked her whether she feel cold with the short dress. Shin-Hye said she is ok with it, but Min-Ho could sense the lie that Shin-Hye trys to hide. He was not in good mood after he saw Shin-Hye came down from another guy's car this morning, he tried to act cool and continue with his work. However looking at Shin-Hye again with the too-short-dress, he wonders what is she trying to do with wearing such a short skirt.

"This is way too short, don't you feel cold in this weather, by wearing this short skirt in this cold weather, you could get sick," he complains to Shin-Hye while hand over his coat for her.

Shin-Hye said, "No Oppa, this is your coat, you will get sick too," 

Just then, his stylist comes over and tell him to cover himself up before he get sick again. Shin-Hye walks away and signals her Unnis to bring in the blanket for her to cover herself. Min-Ho isn't sure what is Shin-Hye relationship with other guy, but he didn't expect that she is that kind of girl that could spend a night with another guy house and let him drop her off at her workplace in the next morning. He feels his burning rage but since he has to shoot his birthday party scene today, he must shows his hapiness and courage as he will introduce Eun Sang as his girlfriend. If real life is as easy as the script, he would have been the most happy man ever alive. Min-Ho trys to stay away from Shin-Hye as much as possible because to see her in such a pretty dress, it reminds him of the incident in the morning. Now, he gets confuse of his decision to confess to Shin-Hye about his feelings. He must be too innocent to believe that Shin-Hye must also has some good feelings towards him, she did once said in the press conference that she still waiting for her Mr Right to appear in her life, but it seems that she already find the one and already building their castle together. He wonder how she gets the time to date since they were so busy with filming.

Min-Ho turns back as he heard the giggling sound of Shin-Hye, she looks especially happy today. He feel uneasy thinking the reason that make Shin-Hye happy. Min-Ho walks towards Woo-Bin but apparently Woo-Bin also heading towards Shin-Hye and Krystal. 

Min-Ho ends up with Shin-Hye and the rest of the cast, he heard Krystal laughs while said, "No, we did it quite a few times, Min-Hyuk Oppa is so shy that it make me nervous, he end up kiss my nose as he just rush himself and we bum at each other few times,"

Shin-Hye nudges Min-Hyuk elbow and said, "Ah, Min-Hyuk did you really do that? He is normally so serious that even when we shot the kiss scene with Yong-Hwa, he was just look and keep telling that it should be the other way as how the script written. Yong-Hwa and me were laughing non-stop and to stop acting as PD-nim. We were so shy to kiss but he just act like nothing going on and ask us to finish it up quick. Wah, now he is shy when he has to kiss Krystal, he must have grow up!"

Min-Hyuk smiling non-stop listening to Shin-Hye explanation, he just slightly denied but he is actually happy to film that spontaneous kiss with Krystal.

"It look like Shin-Hye has a lot of kissing experience, no wonder her kiss scene with Min-Ho hyung is so so so good...." Woo-Bin voiced out.

Shin-Hye looks at the trouble-maker and said, "Ah, really? Is it that good?" 

"Oh, Eun-Sang must be happy. Tell us what is the secret of that kiss. Hyung?" Woo-Bin aims towards Min-Ho.

He non-chalantly said, "it is as how it is in the script, passionate kiss, I just act as how the script say,"

"Oh, script? Hmmm," Woo-Bin nodded while staring at Min-Ho serious expression, he normally would joke around and even teasing each other, but he is so gloomy today.

Shin-Hye watches Min-Ho Oppa expression as how he describe the kiss scene, he said like it was no big deal but it is a big deal for her because her father already set a date to have a talk with her one to one. They always have this catch-up session when her father sense she is in trouble or she going through hard times. He didn't directly asked her about Min-Ho Oppa but he is pressuring Jun-Oppa about their filming details. Shin-Hye shrugs off the feeling that maybe Min-Ho Oppa really look on her as his younger sister as how he keeps telling PD-nim and the crews when they ask him whether he is dating herself. Feeling disappointed, Shin-Hye excuse herself and walks towards Jun Oppa.

"Oppa, do you have the details of contracts? I could review them now," Shin-Hye would like to finalize her schedule after her filming end since she still has a few CFs filming and fan-signing event to attend to.

"Yes, let me take it from the car," Jun-Oppa looks at Shin-Hye excitedly.

"Oppa, could you also bring the last schedule that you finish it up? I will finalize it, so we could also come up with January and February schedule," Shin-Hye continue.

Jun-Oppa stared at Shin-Hye for few seconds since she look too determine to work, "Yes, of course,"

Shin-Hye reviews few of the CFs offer that she received, her agency already screened through them and they let Shin-Hye to make the final decision. Shin-Hye read through all five of the CFs and she also agree to renew 3 existing CFs that she currently endorses. One of the CFs  that attract her much attention is from Lotte where the contract said that she will need to act along with Lee Min Ho in their MV and also will hold fan-meeting with Min-Ho Oppa. Shin-Hye looks over at the figure that they will pay, it is quite reasonable and it make her in a very difficult position to decline. She makes a quick decision and stamp on the contract as to agree to accept the offer. 

"Shin-Hye, I forget to tell you that for Lotte, Min-Ho already decline, so we will see whether they will change the contract about the MV or the fan-meeting," Jun-Oppa informs Shin-Hye.

"Why does he decline? Isn't because he need to act again with me?" Shin-Hye feel bothersome.

"Actually, his agency didn't mention any reasons, so we assume it is his personal reason," Jun-Oppa adds up.

Shin-Hye stands up and walks towards Min-Ho Oppa dressing room. She makes a few knocks and enter the room. She walks towards Min-Ho Oppa who still didn't realize her presencet, he must has thought that it is his stylist that knocking the door.

"Oppa, I need to talk to you about Lotte," Shin-Hye voice up.

"Oh, you are here? What did you want to talk about?" Min-Ho asks.

"Lotte CF. Why do you decline? Isn't because of me?" Shin-Hye straightly asks.

"Oh, no. It is just few other reasons, my schedule would be too tight for all the MVs shooting and fan-meeting," Min-Ho put up excuse. He still remember that he strongly decline the offer even though his president asked him to think about it since the fee that they offer is quite attractive. However Min-Ho wouldn't like to act again along side with Shin-Hye, he couldn't focus on his works when she is around. Luckily enough Kim Tan character is quite similar to himself, so he could act naturally but he can't risk to accept another offer again with Shin-Hye. 

"Then, you could have negotiate with Lotte about the contract. Tell them you would not want to do the MVs or fan-meeting," Shin-Hye instructed.

Min-Ho throat went dry, "Do you accept the offer?" 

"Yes," Shin-Hye replied.

"Hmmm, let me talk to my agency and inform them about my schedule, so I assume you accept to act in MV and fan-meeting?" Min-Ho asks.

"Yes, both of them, their offer fee is quite high and I have to make a living, and with you decline the offer, I just feel like I am the main reason, so I want to clear up with you about that," Shin-Hye said.

Min-Ho said, "It is not that I don't want to act in MV with you or held the fan-meeting together, it is just that my schedule would be too tight. Remember I told you about those China endorsement deals, I already accept them and I would need to fly frequently to China. But I will be honest with Lotte and if they agree about that, maybe they could delay the shooting, then I would certainly join the deal. But it is not because of you,"

"Really?" Shin-Hye confirms.

"Oh, really. Don't think too much," Min-Ho replies.

"Oppa, did I do anything that offend you?" Shin-Hye asks.

"What? Why?" Min-Ho shocks with her straightforwardness.

"It is just... you seem to be angry with me. Like I did something terrible to you..." Shin-Hye spills up her feelings.

"No, nothing, why would I be angry with you," Min-Ho again acting as cool as he could.

Shin-Hye looks at Min-Ho Oppa, she would like to tell him that he is the worst liar that she meet, since she could catch instantly when he lied. She doesn't believe about the Lotte story and she doesn't take the bait about his cold attitude towards her too, she said, "Does anybody tell you before that you are the worst liar?"

"What? Ya Park Shin Hye!" Min-Ho stands up from his seat.

"Why? Do you want to admit that?" Shin-Hye challenged.

"What?..."Min-Ho raised his voice.

"I'm asking you that do you want to admit that you are mad at me for something that I do, so you decline the Lotte since you don't want to work with me again," Shin-Hye analysed.

"Ah you really....yes, yes, I'm mad at you!" Min-Ho confessed.

"What did I do that you are so mad at me?" Shin-Hye asked.

Min-Ho walks towards Shin-Hye and said, "You really don't know? With your this attitude, you make other people to misunderstand about you, why would you give other people hope?"

"What? What misunderstanding? Since when I do things for misunderstanding...what hopes that I give? Who is other people? Ya! What are you talking?" Shin-Hye asks impatiently.

Min-Ho stared at Shin-Hye and said, "If you already have boyfriend, why don't you say it. Why you make people misunderstanding that you are single?"

Shin-Hye silent and slowly thinking what Min-Ho Oppa just say, "I already have boyfriend? What? Who said that?"

"Do you mean Ji-Hoon Oppa who dropped me off in the morning?" Shin-Hye looks at Min-Ho Oppa curiously.

"I don't need to know his name," Min-Ho sarcastically replied.

"Oh, Soo-Jing Unni and Mee-So Unni invite Ji-Hoon Oppa for breakfast at the cafe nearby, then he drop me off since he going to same direction with me. What make you think that he is my boyfriend?" Shin-Hye explains.

Min-Ho listened, "Oh, it looks like he drops you off, and...it is early morning....so i thought maybe....ya, I'm just asking whether he is your boyfriend!" Min-Ho Oppa almost scream in defend since he would like to hide his embarassment of misunderstanding Shin-Hye.

"Ah, why you always throw your temper this way? This is certainly your fault of misunderstand me, why then now you scold me?" Shin-Hye asked.

"Ya...ya...then why you have to let him drop you off? You could tell me then he is your friend," Min-Ho is not giving up to his lose.

"Oppa, can I stop calling you "Oppa" from now?" Shin-Hye asked.

"Why?" Min-Ho curious.

"I will call you monster, green eye monster," Shin-Hye left the room.