Chapter 10 - Feeling

Love at Shot

Min-Ho threw himself on his large king size bed, his white sheet and blanket was all crumple when he keep tossing himself. He bury his face over at the pillow and sigh in regret. He isn't sure whether she is playing hard to get or she just don't know the meaning of the kiss. She was staring at him fiercely and said that she won't keep up with his joke anymore and the kiss as joke is too much for her to take. She left the car and slam the car door hard. He chased after her but he made himself stop since he doesn't want to wake up her parents that would be too shock if they find out that the reason that get Shin-Hye mad at him. If he had did this action to other girls, most of them would probably jump out of joy and continue to kiss him back. But he doesn't expect that Shin-Hye would get so angry with his kiss confession, he must has be playing and joking with her too much that it make her think that he is joking with her about the kiss. He is thinking hard on how to show his true feelings to her. He is never good at confession since most of his past relationship always start when he make his move to show his interest in the other parties. Most of his girlfriends will feel his interest instantly and they will confront him and at last he will just act cool and ask them whether they want to have a drink with him. In case with Shin-Hye, he couldn't exactly understand which directions is he going to since he was trying to hint her few times but Shin-Hye was so blindfolded that she couldn't get what he meant. She even think it was a joke that he plays again. To say those cheesy lines like how his character Kim Tan portray, it was so out of his nature, to directly confront Shin-Hye and confess that he really like her and ask her to date, by thinking that it already make him nervous and embarass. So he quit the idea and thinking by kissing her, maybe will give her some clue on his feelings.

 

Shin-Hye threw her brandnew Iphone onto her bed. She almost thinking to slam that over the wall but since it is already late, it may have awaken her parents. She breath out the madness over at her clothes while rumbling over the closet for her pyjama.

"He must be out of his mind, stupid, stupid, why am I so stupid!" Shin-Hye angrily cursed out.

Just then, she thought of her friend who could certainly calm her and gave her some sense about the incident that just happen. She quickly take back the Iphone and dialled to Mee So Unni.

After the third ring, she could hear her Unni sweet voice, "Hello?"

"Unni, I'm mad, so mad that I could beat something up or kill someone, especially Min-Ho Oppa," Shin-Hye start to burst out her frustration.

"What? Why? What happen?" Mee So getting worried listen to Shin-Hye voice.

"Unni, he send me back home just now and then he kiss me, it was like a stupid joke, how can anyone do this kind of joke?" Shin-Hye continued.

"What? Kiss you? Omo, ya tell me from beginning, why he has to send you?" Mee So curious.

Shin-Hye start telling her story since the dinner that they had up till the kiss that Min-Ho Oppa surprised her.

"Shin-Hye, what he actually tell you? How can you just run away after that?" Mee So demanded.

"You should have ask him what he is thinking. He doesn't actually say that it is a joke." Mee So added.

"If not a joke, then what is this? Why he kiss me?" Shin-Hye pouted.

"He like you ya, stupid," Mee So can't resist herself.

"What? Min-Ho Oppa like me? Unni, you must be watching too much of Kim Tan," Shin-Hye denied.

"Ya, why a man kiss a woman? Of course because he like her and want to embrace her, so he kiss her to let her know about his feelings," Mee So analyzed.

"Unni, how could I know his feeling if he doesn't say it?" Shin-Hye concluded.

"I have ask him so many times, but he just say he is drunk or he is just joking, he could just tell me about his feelings, it is not like we are far apart, we always hang out together, he could just say out. But since he denied it few times, so he probably looking me as his sister," Shin-Hye continued.

Mee So silent, analyzing what Shin-Hye just say, she probably right that Min-Ho Shii only looking after her as sister and probably having fun in pulling stupid trick on Shin-Hye, even make a kiss on her as a joke. She kind of disappoint since she always rooting for Kim Tan and Eun-Sang. Mee So end up change the topic of conversation and informed Shin-Hye that her ex-boyfriend had been chasing her back like crazy again. Mee So had break up with her long time boyfriend of 5 years but she met him back last year and the story started over again since he try to evolve back himself into her daily life again. They shared the tit-bits of their life through the phone calls because Shin-Hye was busy these days with the filming.

 

Won-Bin and Min- Hyuk are concentrating on reading the latest scripts that their manager just passed it to them. 

"I told you she choose to run away, typical Eun-Sang," Won-Bin said.

"Daebak, "Kim Tan will show that he is afraid to lose Eun-Sang and passionately kiss Eun-Sang"," Min-Hyuk added up.

"Woaha, writer-nim must be dying to see these two kiss for real, she keep writing the scripts for them to kiss," Won-Bin added up.

"I don't know what excuse Min-Ho hyung will come up with, why he doesn't want to kiss Shin-Hye Noona?" Hyung-Sik teased.

Min-Hyuk tugged at Hyung-Sik elbow, as a signal for him to stop making any comment since Shin-Hye is standing behind them and probably heard what he said. Hyung-Sik turned himself to the back and smiled to Shin-Hye and said, "Noona, we just discuss on your kissing scene that didn't happen but it look like you will probably need to act it out again," 

Won-Bin burst out laughing, while Min-Hyuk chuckle non-stop. Shin-Hye looked at the boys and said, "Thank you for your worried about my kissing scene, I will act it out with my full ability," Shin-Hye smirked.

"Woaha, Cha Eun-Sang will kiss! Cha Eun-Sang, Cha Eun-Sang, fighting!" Won-Bin cheered up.

All of them end up lauging over the little joke that Shin-Hye make. Min-Ho is eyeing them and looking at Shin-Hye every movement, when she laugh, when she smile or when she flip through her hair. She didn't even greet him today morning when they met at the front of SBS building where  they are heading to the shooting studio. She just looked past him and walked away, even Jun-Hyung was amused by Shin-Hye reaction because Shin-Hye is always polite and kind to people around her. Jun- Hyung asked Min-Ho whether he fight with Shin-Hye because Shin-Hye looked really gloomy and the talkative Shin-Hye didn't mutter any words to them. Min-Ho listened and informed Jun-Hyung that they has a little misunderstanding but he will make sure to resolve it soon. 

As Shin-Hye busy making notes on the episode 16 script, she heard a knock on the door of dressing room. Min-Ho Oppa walked into the dressing room and seated himself at the empty seat next to Shin-Hye. Shin-Hye turned away from him and concentrate on her script instead.

"We need to rehearse the kiss scene, Kang-PDnim send me over here to discuss it with you," Min-Ho explained while looking at the expressionless Shin-Hye.

Shin-Hye remain silent and Min-Ho Oppa continued, "Ya, Cha Eun-Sang, I am sorry,"

Shin-Hye looked over at Min-Ho Oppa and said, "Sorry? For what?"

"Ya, ya, now is the working time, can we discuss our personal things after the shooting?" Min-Ho pleaded.

"Oh, working time? So now we need to separate between working and personal?" Shin-Hye asked.

"Eun-Sang, I know you are mad but now Kang-PDnim will come in and kill me if we didn't conclude about kiss scene," Min-Ho made the pity face.

"Why? What to do with the kiss scene? Isn't writer-nim already explain in the script?" Shin-Hye asked.

"Ya, can you lower your voice? Why are you so mad?" Min-Ho was taken back with Shin-Hye attitude.

"How can I not angry at you? What did you do? Why are you pulling such stupid joke? Isn't fun for you to play with me?" Shin-Hye blurted out.

"I am not playing with you," Min-Ho replied.

"Then why are you kissing me?" Shin-Hye demanded.

Min-Ho stared over at Shin-Hye and said, "You really don't know? Do you want me to say it out loud? So all the crews know that......." Min-Ho couldn't finish his sentence since Kang-PDnim opened the door and said, "Done? You two done?"

Shin-Hye looked at PD-nim and said she is ready and stand up. Min-Ho held Shin-Hye's hand and tell her that let finish the scene and he will let her know.

 

Kang-PDnim is in deep discussion with the other PD-nim and inform him which part of angle should he capture. Kang PD-nim also inform Min-Ho and said, "You have to be afraid that you will lose her so you are letting her know about your feelings from this kiss, make it passionate kiss,"

Min-Ho nodded and imagine how he will carry out the kiss scene. Shin-Hye waits him for the rehearsal in the pantry set-up where they shot the air kiss few weeks ago. Min-Ho Oppa peeped a look at Shin-Hye who is getting ready for the rehearsal. He heard the PD-nim shout that he should held Shin-Hye chin up for the kiss. He tried to held her chin, trying a few angles and make sure the camera could capture the angle that he choose. He could sense how nervous Shin-Hye is, even though she looks calm. He make a move to kiss her while Shin-Hye stiffly avoid his lips. They laughed at their awkwardness and Min-Ho even teased Shin-Hye that she should be prepared because he will get his revenge with this kiss. Shin-Hye smiled at Min-Ho Oppa and say she doesn't know he is the type that hold grudge.

PD-nim shout an "action" and Min-Ho Oppa say his line carefully.

 

Shin-Hye stand awkwardly while listening to Choi-PD and Min-Ho Oppa discussion. Finally after a few round of the kiss, PD-nim agree that they could wrap up the kiss scene. Min-Ho Oppa say his thank you and turn away without looking at her and leave the pantry set-up room. Shin-Hye smiled at the crews and PD-nim and bowed politely and leave the room too. She felt great that they could finish up the scene earlier than expected, but she also felt uneasy since the kiss left her with a lot of questions, it is like an unconcluded story. She couldn't agree more that Min-Ho is a good kisser but the kiss that she felt is so unreal. 

It was as if Min-Ho hadn't wanted to kiss her. His mouth was hard on hers, unyielding, then he put his right arms around her waist, draw her closer to him. His lips softened. She could feel the rapid beat of his heart rate, taste of peppermint with a mixture of smoked cigarettes on his mouth. She grabs on his shirt tightly and trying to resist the kiss at first but he use his hand to held her chin and continue to indulge on her lips. Her heart was hammering and there was a rushing sound in her ears. His left hand then caught her gently behind the neck and he continue to press his mouth on hers, sofly but fierce and firmly at the same time. Shin-Hye close her eyes and she felt her whole body melted as was consumed in the kiss. Chills ran over her skin when his body press closer to hers. She didn't want to break contact with him but she realize that they were not alone, surrounded by the rolling camera that capture their kiss. When they finally pulled free after PD-nim shout a "cut", both of them are so awkward to each other. Shin-Hye feel her heart going to burst out from her chest, it was beating as fast as it could. She steal a look at Min-Ho Oppa who seem to be as cool as an iceberg, she can't figure out what he has on his mind and what is the meaning of all this fuss that make her heart and as well as her mind to ache. 
 

Shin-Hye looked at Seoul dark sky, she can't see any twinkling stars above the mighty sky, the lonely sky was so vast but yet so empty. She glanced over at her Iphone, expecting any call or messages from him. He didn't even call her or text her, but she is still waiting for the explanation which she expects that he could be able to give it. Or else, is this normal in this buzzing entertainment industry where intimate kiss should be taken account on professional level? Shin-Hye confused and hate that it left her without choice and she must act cool like how he acts before he walks away from the pantry-set up studio. She can't brave herself to call him either, she doesn't want to be seen as weak actress that need explantion for petty things. Suddenly, the van pulled off at the roadside. She turned to Jun-Oppa and said, "Uh? What happen?"

Jun-Hyung looked at Shin-Hye, trying to find reliable excuse to rescue himself, just then the door swing open and she saw well-covered tall build guy stand, instantly Shin-Hye could recognize Min-Ho Oppa since his thin and tall figure is easily catchable.

"Oh? What are you doing here?" Shin-Hye surprised.

Jun-Hyung quickly replied, "Shin-Hye ya, Min-Ho shii insist that he need a private time to talk to you, and the studio is way too crowded....and he say he will pick you from here."

Shin-Hye eyeing her manager which she suspect must got the bribe by Min-Ho Oppa, "Then? Did you do this without letting me know first?"

Jun-Hyung looked at Shin-Hye and said, "If you would not like to follow him, then let's go, you guys find other time and place to talk"

Without letting Shin-Hye make any decision, Min-Ho grabs Shin-Hye wrist and pulled her from the seat, walking as fast as he could towards the black jeep that parked few feets away from the van.

"Ya...Ya...Ya....Opppaa," Shin-Hye shouts.

"Go in before anyone see us," MIn-Ho ordered and close the car's door behind Shin-Hye once Shin-Hye seated herself.

 

"Are you going to drive me home?" Shin-Hye asked.

"No," he replied casually.

"Then where are we going?" Shin-Hye become curious.

"You will know when we arrive, it will take another 15 minutes," he said calmly.

Shin-Hye looked at him and said, "Why you have to do all this? It really make me curious, what do you do to my Jun-Oppa? He just sold me out because of you,"

Min-Ho chuckle and said, "I just say I need to talk to you and this is the truth that I need to talk to you, so I ask him and he say ok, that's all,"

"Huh? Am I kid? You think I believe you? You must be buying him something that he really wants......like....." Shin-Hye thinks hard but the truth was Min-Ho just begs Jun-Hyung to let him meet Shin-Hye for the talk.

 

Min-Ho parks his car in his private garage and exit the car quietly, Shin-Hye followed him silently from behind. They wait for the elevator which appear in seconds and bring them up to the upper floor. Shin-Hye looked at the plain white living room and the beautiful ceiling-mouted chandelier. She looked around and realize that it is Min-Ho Oppa house. 

"Oh, your house? It is beautiful," Shin-Hye exclaimed. 

"Do you like it?" Min-Ho looked at Shin-Hye expression as she observed her surrounding carefully.

Shin-Hye nodded and slowly walked towards the tall glass window which has a pretty night view of its own pool and a winter-bare garden. Min-Ho Oppa walked towards the kitchen area and said, "Drinks?"

Shin-Hye heard Min-Ho Oppa question and she followed through his voice to another section of the house. The separate kitchen area is vast too with its own island, she is amused, "Oppa, how many people stay here?"

"What? Just me, why?" Min-Ho replied.

"Your house is really big, do you cook? Your kitchen is really big too...." Shin-Hye lose her voice.

Min-Ho smiled at Shin-Hye remarked and said, "I live alone and I like big house, when I bought this place, I thought it could be a good investment, but after staying here, I get to use to it, maybe this could be a house for my future kids,"

Shin-Hye felt strange that a bachelor like Min-Ho Oppa would even thinking about marriage or kids, she awkwardly smiled back and said she is thirsty.

Shin-Hye headed back to the living area and seated on the pale white leather couch. Min-Ho Oppa come over with the beer on his hand and hand over to Shin-Hye, just then the door bell ring. Both of them look at each other, since Min-Ho doesn't expect any guest over because he would like to have private time with Shin-Hye.

He walked over to the monitor and he saw a petite figure with a cap and sweater and a face mask. 

"Who is that?" Min-Ho asked over the monitor.

"Is me, Min-Young," 

Shin-Hye heard the reply and she looked at Min-Ho Oppa shocked expression. Should I hide? If not, she might be misunderstanding, Shin-Hye thought. Shin-Hye thinks of the explanation that she should say and how she should excuse herself before she misunderstanding of their relationship.