Chapter 2 - Gift

Love at Shot

"Argghhhh, why????!!" He looked pissed and angry with his tones.

When Shin-Hye looked up at him, Min-ho just stared at her.

"I am so sorry, I didn't see you come from the other end, I am sorry." She tries to wipe the coffee stain from his shirt but Min-Ho jumped back before Shin-Hye could wipe the stain off.

Shin-hye bent down and pick the glass cup on the floor and looked at Min-Ho.

"It's okey, where had you been? We all waited for you over dinner?" Min Ho stared at her.

"Ar....I'm really sorry. I am sorry for make you all wait and sorry to spill the coffee over your shirt" Shin-Hye apologized and bowing politely to Min-Ho.

Just at that moment, Min-Ho Manager Hyung walked up to both of them, "Shin-Hye, how had you been?"

Shin-Hye politely bowing to Manager Hyung and greet him with a shy smile. At that same time, Jun Oppa walked over to them and gently shake his hand with Manager Hyung. They exchanged a few greetings. Shin-Hye listened attentively while secretly eyeing Min-Ho Shii who just stand there looking bored. She excused herself and walked over to the crews at the dinner meeting. After a few bowings and explanation of her lateness, she sat at the end of table and flipped over the menu. She had been spoilt with choices but none of them were her favourites. Right at that moment, her manager sat next to her.

"It's okey, don't stress yourself too much, they looked pretty much okey with it." he whispered to her silently.

Shin-Hye nodded and looked back at the long dining table seated with her new drama crews. She excited and worried at the same time.

She took out her S4 from her pocket and quickly typed a few words into the browser....

"How to clean coffee stain?"

She clicked on the first result and quickly read it over. She regret that this was her first meeting with her co-actor after the script reading. She expected to maintain a good relationship with him since The Heirs was her first project with him after the CF pairing 4 years ago. She could only blame that on her clumsyness. She quietly type the message into her phone and showed that to her manager.

Jun-Oppa tilted his head to read the message and he looked shock. "What?!"

"Why? Why you want me to do such things?" he demanded.

"Oppa, you are the perfect one over Eunnie. She tend to spill the beans quickly."

"Ya Shin-Hye, you already apologized. Just let it passed, he doesn't seem to hold grudge ya."

"Oppa, very easy. Just use your friendliness towards the Unni ya, get his shirt brand and size. I will place order online tonight. So you better get it." Shin-Hye pulled the straight face.

Shin-Hye wants to sincerely apologized to Min-Ho Shii and the only way to do that is to replace his shirt and maybe a sorry note. This is the only way she can think of. Since Min-Ho Shii stylist Unni kept looking over at Jun-Oppa at the moment they entered the dining place, she thought it was not bad idea to hand her the opportunity to has some chit- chat with Jun Oppa. She smiled giddily at her idea, two birds with one stone.

The dinner went over pretty quickly. Rest of the crews slowly excused themselves and left only Shin-Hye, her teams and Min-Ho Shii stylist Unni and few other ladies that she didn't recognised. She gently touched Jun-Oppa knees and signalled him to get it. Jun Oppa signed and got over to the ladies.

"Hello, how are you? It had been long time since we last met. Yes...yes..thank you." Shin-Hye eavesdropping the conversation. She flipped her phone, checked her SNS, her messages, she tried to calm down. Just at that moment her phone rang...

Caller: Hong STAR

Shin-Hye stood up and walked over to entrance to has some private conversation with her best friend. She had know Hong-Ki since You're Beautiful and they maintain their close friendship despite all their up-downs. He always gave her advice and morale support whenever she feel the pressure from works or the agency. She find the little garden next to the entrance, she quickly swipe her phone and answer attentively.

"Hong-Ki, ya, how had you been? Me? LA.... Hmmm, I arrived today....I told you...The Heirs...Yes, the one Yong Hwa reject...Yes, it is good that he reject anyway. He said he will make some new music anyway. I met him last time, he looked better after his break-up. Ya, that was bad, I told him about the girl rumour before but he won't listen anyway. You guys never listen to what I say. Yes Min-Hyuk will join us as well....Yes but he didn't arrive yet. Really? I know. They are okey. I don't know.....hmmmm, I just spill the coffee on him....I really didn't see him, we were late and you see..... I open the door and he stand at the other sides. I know, I say my apology few times but he didn't seem to take it. Uhmmm I don't know.Oh okey, take care, I will talk to you again"

Shin-Hye signed deeply, she always feel grateful that she meet with her ANJELL friends, they are her brothers and friends at the same time. She looked at her watch and walked impatiently towards the dining place. Just at that moment, Min-Ho appear from the wall corner with a Malboro Cigarette in his hand. He didn't intentionally to listen to Park Shin-Hye conversation but he was already there when she came and she just talked and kept on talking without realizing his presence.

He always felt strange why she was so famous with the male idols. Almost all of them had her contact number, except him of course. She just looked so next-door-kind-of-girl without any heavy make up or top to toe luxury brand names. But still her staring is so fierce that he could feel her overflow confidence. He still sulked on how she could be late and made them wait her over dinner. Moreover, she spilled the coffee on him when she just stepped into the dining. He didn't like this feeling at all.

He heard once that she is close with her You're Beautiful mates, he also often heard rumours about her dating scandal with Jang Geun-Suk and Jung Yong-Hwa. But after listened to her conversation, it looked like Yong Hwa is her besties overall. She seemed to have many male friends and he is wondering on how her boyfriend handle it with her over closeness with male-friends. He won't be able to handle it if his girldfriend has too many male- friends.

"Aishhh, this is really none of my business with her male friends!" Min-Ho breath out and clean away his thought about Shin-Hye.

 

Min-Ho flipped over the bed few times before he realised the thick curtain that he drew over the window pane last night was slight opened. He slowly opened his eyes and his manager sat there looking over something on the dressing table. 

"Hyung, close the curtain. I'm still sleeppy." He cursed himself for not locking the door, he remind himself everytime so his manager won't be able to pop in anytime he liked.

"Min-Ho, you won't believe it. You really famous with girls ya, DAEBAK." Manager-Hyung still had his back turned at Min-Ho while examining a  box on the table.

"You better get up and open it. I'm really curious what Park Shin-Hye give you." He insisted.

Min-Ho blinked his eyes immediately upon hearing Park Shin-Hye name. He jumped up from his bed and walked over to his manager. He saw a nicely wrap square box on the dressing table. 

"Good that you are awake, let me open this little gift from Shin-Hye Shii," Manager-Hyung smirked.

He tried to maintain his composure without showing his curiousity and excitement over the little surprise at the early morning. "Of course, open it." He replied.

Manager Hyung slowly teared the wrapping paper apart and open the box lid. It was a black Givenchy shirt, look very similar to the one he wore yesterday. Manager Hyung take out the shirt from the box and there was one small piece of grey colored card fell on the floor at that same time. Min-Ho bend down and pick up the card and read it carefully.

 

Lee Min-Ho Shii,

Good morning. It must be a really tired morning for you after the endless surfing shooting for our drama.

I know it must be hard for you to wait for us during the dinner and of course not to mention the coffee spilling accident.

I really would like to say I am sorry so I hope you will accept my gift for you as a apology.

I could not find the exactly same design of shirt that you wore, however they do have this beautiful print on this shirt, so I choose this as the present.

Take care and be healthy.

Shin-Hye

 

"Min-Ho, let me see what she write," Manager Hyung tried to grab the card from him.

"Hyung, I don't think you should know everything about me, let it go, you can't have this," Min-Ho replied.

"Why? You had been smilling non-stop while reading this, I want to know what she write too," his manager insisted.

"Ahhhh, it had been early morning and I am really hungry, I will go wash up and let's go to have breakfast," he tried to change the topic and while secretly place the card into his pocket.

"Okey, you remember this. I won't help you again with any of your favour," Manager Hyung pouted and walked from the room.

He realized he was the only one left in the apartment since his sulking manager probably left him on his own because he refuse to share the details of notes from Shin-Hye. He still remembered that PD-nim said there will be breakfast buffet prepare for the cast and crews every morning from 8 to 11 am at the dining place downstairs. He walked non-chalantly into the crowded dining place and eyeing around for his manager and his teams. Right then, he saw his Manager Hyung laughed heartily over the table located at the corner. He saw Shin-Hye sat right across his manager and there was his and her teams sat around the table. 

"Since when they blend well so easily?" Min-Ho thought. He walked towards his manager and bowed slightly and send his greetings when he see the drama crews on the other table.

"Min-Ho you here," his manager beamed at him with smile. Min-Ho wondered how on earth does he forget their fight over the card from Shin-Hye.

"Good morning everyone," Min-Ho greet the others on the table and sat himself down on the empty seat next to his manager.

"Shin-Hye, this is hilarious. I don't know Jun-Hyung is kind of magnet to the ladies around," his statement was followed by hysteria laughter from the teams.

"Yes, I told you I saw Young Gi Unni keep looking towards Jun Oppa at the moment we enter the dining. But oppa, he just give up on hopes on dating. Do you know the last time I convinced him to go to blind date. It takes me 2 years to convince him. But that blind date turn up terrible, so it left him with really bad impression. Nevertheless, when I saw the opportunity yesterday, I just give him a slight push and of course I need all the shirt details, it kind of good that Young Gi Unni is so sweet and help us out." Shin-Hye explained.

Min-Ho listened carefully and understand that they had been talking about the surprise he received this morning. Shin- Hye suddenly turned to Min-Ho who sat at her left and said, "I hope you like the shirt that I choose, the design is one of the bestseller design and it is so unique and stylish at the same time."

All eyes turned to Min-Ho and expect his response, "Yes, thank you very much for the shirt. You really does not need to do this, but anyway thank you" he replied politely. So now, the morning surprise is no longer a secret anymore, practically everyone on his and her teams knew about this arrangement. "Well, this is starting to be good, " Min-Ho signed.