Chapter 11 - Third Party

Love at Shot

Shin-Hye straighten herself up and she stands up to greet the new stranger that join this interesting evening. She bows politely while saying, "Hello, nice to meet you, I'm Park Shin Hye,"

Min-Young looks at her and smile weakly, "Yes, nice to meet you, I'm Park Min-Young, I didn't know Min-Ho has a guest, I just drop by to say hi,"

Shin-Hye smiled and replied that, "Yes we are planning to review the script as the shooting time shorten and we don't have much time to rehearse tomorrow, so I suggest that we could finish the rehearsal, so Min-Ho Oppa suggest we could come to his place, anyway we will finish it soon," Shin-Hye makes a long explanation.

Min-Ho listens to Shin-Hye explanation, he smirked at her excuse but he just get along with her as well, as not to break her plan, he looks at Shin-Hye while smiling sweetly, "Yes, we are on that plan tonight, the rehearsal,"

Shin-Hye nodded and seats herself back on the couch. Min-Ho Oppa excused himself to prepare some refreshment and snacks. Shin-Hye looks at Min-Young who is so petite and pretty in real life, her cheeks are so red, she must be waited for a while outside before braving herself to ring the bell. Shin-Hye dislike the silentness, so she speaks up, "Min-Young Shii, you look real petite and thin in real life, the camera didn't do justice to you,"

Min-Young flushs at the compliments and said, "Thank you very much, you look so pretty too, Shin-Hye Shii,"

"You could just call me Shin-Hye, thank you for your compliment, but this winter really make me look bloated in front of camera, I looks so fat," Shin-Hye voiced out.

"Ah, do you gain weight?" Min-Young asks.

"Yes, around 2 kg, since I stop my regular sports for the drama," Shin-Hye honestly replies.

"Ah, this is bad," Min-Young responds.

"When I had a full body length shoot with Krystal, my fatty calf look so embarrasing, I was not wearing the inner pantyhose at first place, but it is so obvious so I beg the stylist to let me wear the pantyhose," Shin-Hye make the pity face.

Min-Young giggles at Shin-Hye explanation, she doesn't imagine to meet Shin-Hye in real life, she just catch the glimpse of her through Min-Ho drama. She seem really next-door-girl in the drama, but to see her in real life, really surprising, she is blooming beautifully and gracefully, plus she is so friendly. Min-Young is not sure what will turn out when she see Shin-Hye at Min-Ho's living room, she is not sure whether she is interupting them, well she will need to make sure that with Min-Ho later on. However the friendliness of this girl really captivate her, she can't stop laughing at her jokes and stories.

 

Min-Ho is surprised to see both ladies chit-chat comfortably like they had known each other for ages, he thought the evening will be long since he doesn't usually handle this situation very well. He hand over the beer to Min-Young and sit across the couch next to Shin-Hye. They are talking about Krystal and her cute and funny words. Shin-Hye even praises Krystal that she is so dedicate to her role and would rehearse until to perfection. 

Shin-Hye feel her phone vibration and excuse herself and said that, "I will need to answer this,"

Shin-Hye walks towards the long and wide corridor, it leads to another family room, equipped with theatre room, game station and few others gadget that must be belongs to Min-Ho Oppa. She closes the door of family room, just to make sure that no one hear her conversation.

"Hello, ah.....unni, thank you for calling me," Shin-Hye felt grateful.

"Oh...why? Why are you texting me to call you?" Soo-Jing curious.

Shin-Hye acts as if she is busy with her phone while she listening to Min-Young Shii explanation about her vacation trip, but the truth was she just make a quick message and post it in her chatroom. She pleads any of her friends could just call her as she need an excuse to escape.

"Hmmmm, unni, I'm at Min-Ho Oppa house, and.....there is a surprise guest, which make me really awkward, so I need to escape, so I ask you guys to call me...OMO, what is that?" Shin-Hye surprise to hear the high music volume from the background.

"Oh...we at the recording studio, Bum invite us over for late dinner, Mee So is here too, oh by the way, what are you doing at his house at this hour? And who is that guest? Another girl?" Soo-Jing make a detail inspection.

"Unni! Ya, he invite me for some chat, that's all." Shin-Hye make excuse.

"Oh, then the other girl? Who?" Soo-Jing pushed for confession.

"Park Min-Young Shii," Shin-Hye confess.

"What? What the hell?" Soo-Jing almost shout.

Shin-Hye suddenly heard Mee-Soo Unni voice over the phone, "Shin-Hye, so now you are the third party?"

Shin-Hye remain mute, not sure how she could respond to the demand, finally she said, "There is nothing going on between me and oppa, so I can't be anyone third party....and I won't snatch anyone boyfriend, you all know that,"

"Ya, we didn't mean that Shin-Hye, it just really strange that you are at his place and she is also there, did she say anything to you yet?" Mee-So asked further.

Shin-Hye made a detail explanation about their conversation and Min-Young is very kind and polite. She doesn't realize that she spent quite a time alone in the family room but she is glad in another way since she could give Min-Ho Oppa and Min-Young Shii some personal time for their catch-up. Shin-Hye end the call and carefully eavesdropping to the conversation from the living room. She can't hear anything, so she carefully walk out from the family room.

Shin-Hye walked towards the silentness and seat at the similar spot, she voiced out, "Oppa, could you give me your house address? My brother is actually just around this area, and he want to pick me up."

Min-Ho said, "I could drop you off, it would be a hassle for him,"

"But my parent had been calling few times and they kind of worried," Shin-Hye lied, however her brother is really coming over to rescue her, he is shocked to hear that she is at Min-Ho Oppa place.

"Oh, of course I will give you the address," Min-Ho give up.

 

Min-Ho sigh heavily when he waved a goodbye to Shin-Hye as her brother come over to pick her. Her brother has that cold and stern expression, he is at the same height with him. He bows politely to her brother and saying his apology to him, "I'm really sorry for making your parent worried and make you trouble to drive to pick up Shin-Hye,"

Shin-Won looked at Min-Ho and replied, "I will take care of her, good night,"

He goes back to his house while he sees Min-Young seats patiently waiting for him. She told him that she will be travelling again probably for few weeks. They went silent for a few minutes, Min-Ho was counting the seconds since Shin-Hye went into the other room to answer her call. He told her to take care of herself while abroad, Min-Young sensed that Min-Ho was in good mood. She saw him smile continuosly at Shin-Hye's talk and jokes. They seem real close for just merely a friendship. She heard from her stylist that Min-Ho is really close to his drama casts, but she didn't mention that he is close particularly to Shin-Hye, even close for a night visit at Min-Ho's house. She feel a pang of jealousy arose but she withhold herself since she would like to cherish their friendship instead, she should give Min-Ho space and time, this is probably the best conclusion for their relationship.

They had the worst timing of relationship ever, since both of them is at their peak of career, they brought in the wrong spotlight to their fame when their pictures was paste everywhere over online with the funny header of "From Reel to Real". She hadn't decide what is the status of their relationship, she was at the stage of getting to know Lee Min Ho, apart from the onscreen Lee Min Ho that she used to know while on set. They had lunches and dinners together with their teams since all of them were real close, they are not hiding the fact that they used to harbour interest at each other. She could feel that Min-Ho likes her and she likes him very much too, but to commit into announcement that they are in relationship was not in their plan. They just went along with the play that had been set up and admit that they were in relationship. It was awkward at first but she had a little thankful that the paparazzi help her to settle with Min-Ho very soon. She didn't forecast on the nightmare of their relationship, she admits that the international fans of Min-Ho didn't take it easily, she received bashful comments, threat and even anti-fans that set up a webpage for her. She tried to restrain herself from reading those news and busy herself with other new hobbies instead, however when those flame was not put off, she sensed that it start to affect her career. She pretty much labelled as Min-Ho's girlfriend and she hadn't received much love calls or offered for any roles. Most of the producers or directors wouldn't like to risk their project into casting her, as maybe she could bring in anti-fans. She was at fault too that she couldn't trust Min-Ho on these, he kept assuring her that all will be back to track but she blown up at him and blame him for all the worst that happened to her. 

 

After Min-Ho send off Min-Young, he quickly dial at his phone.

Min-Ho: Oh, did you arrive safely?

Shin-Hye: Yes, I'm home now. 

Min-Ho: Did your parents scold you?

Shin-Hye clear and lied again: Errrr, they didn't. I told them we have urgent discussion so I have to stay late.

Min-Ho: Oh? Nice excuse, why they didn't believe you when you told them over the phone?

Shin-Hye: Oppa, they were just worried but they are ok now. So what are you planning to tell me? Remember you said you will let me know once we finish the shoot.

Min-Ho: Oh....nothing important.

Shin-Hye: Really? Then why you have to drag me to your house at night? Even Park Min-Young Shii could misunderstanding at us.

Min-Ho went silent and said: Ahh u really! I told you there is nothing between me and her, it's all end. We are friend. So she could misunderstand you and me as she is only my friend, got it?

Shin-Hye: But her eyes didn't look at you like how a friend should look, she look like she miss you so much.

Min-Ho: Shin-Hye, are you jealous?

Shin-Hye urgently denied that she is jealous over Min-Ho past history and said that she just doesn't want to get label as third party. Min-Ho almost burst out laughing and tell her to stop over-analyzing the situation, to cure his curiosity he even asked Shin-Hye who did she speak to over the phone during her visit to family room. They chat and forget their last fights, their relationship always begin with awkwardness, then follow with playfulness and end with sweetness. Many netizens commented that they lack of chemistry, Min-Ho can't deny that it was very hard to get close to Shin-Hye at first place. She is very good at her character that most people misjudge the poor Eun-Sang, her role was developed in a way that a 18 years old could be growing up miserably and Shin-Hye perfectly delivered the pitifulness of Eun-Sang. 

 

Shin-Hye and her teams were all slept during the morning drive to Gangwon-do. Instead of reading and revising her script, she felt so sleepy since she never get a full night of sleep for these past 2 weeks. They received the script quite late than expected and the shooting schedule has been delayed until the scripts finalized. Kang-PDnim and writer-nim would like to come up with perfect sequence to show why Eun-Sang run away from Kim Tan, they don't want to burden the character itself and not to force it into a specific closure. Instead of taking rest, Jun-Oppa is busy checking his text messages, he couldn't withhold himself and let out an irritating curse after he watch the kiss cut which broadcast yesterday nationwide. He read the messages from Shin-Hye's brother which demand to know what is going on between Lee Min-Ho and Shin-Hye. As Jun-Oppa breaths a curse, Shin-Hye peeked a look at his phone. She almost jumps out from her seat when she saw the edited kiss scene, it is out of her memory that the episode was actually broadcasted yesterday.

"Omo, what is this?" Shin-Hye surprised.

Jun-Oppa made the carefree expression and said, "It is a cut from your kiss scene, it look great," he also force a fake smile.

Shin-Hye embarassed and said, "Oh, it look great,"

She takes off her phone and surprise to read all the messages that float into her chatrooms. Some of her friends teased, some of them praised, while some of them demand to know what is going on. Shin-Hye couldn't make up her mind what to respond, for now silent will be the best answer. Her phone vibrate and Shin-Hye didn't look surprise when she see her father is calling her.

"Hello, appa. How are you? What are you  doing?" she make the cute face while imagine her father.

"My daughter, I'm fine. Jun said you are heading to Gangwon, be careful on the road and ask the driver to make a pit-stop once he feel tired," he gives out the instructions.

"Yes appa, don't worry, we will do that, what's my mom doing?" Shin-Hye changes the topic.

"She is ok, she would like to speak to you," he pass the phone over to Shin-Hye mom.

"Shin-Hye, be careful on the road, make a few stops and have some drinks or food," she added. Shin-Hye's parent worried on Shin-Hye safety since she had car accident few years back during the drive back from the shooting location.

"Don't worry mom, I will make sure that, oh, are you still at the restaurant?" Shin-Hye reassured.

"Oh, OMO, I forget to ask you, your father is all moody after he watch that kiss scene last night, he is waiting for you today morning but since you are so late, he go to bed before he could talk to you, didn't he ask you about that?" Shin-Hye's mom asked.

Shin-Hye went speechless, she didn't know that they could catch up with her drama since their restaurant is so busy. She said that it was heavily edited and they just act according to the script. She also assure her mom that everything is ok and she is doing great with her drama project. Shin-Hye is biting her nails, praying hard that her mom didn't ask any further details about the kissing scene. She starts to lie pretty frequently these past few days, and the main subject is in regards to Min-Ho Oppa. However she didn't lie that the scene was heavily edited out, but she also feel thankful that it was edited out, if not she must need to answer her father curiosity on her career. The kiss scene that they acted out was long, it was long enough for her to remember since she can't obviously stop the kiss as the camera was rolling. Her heart was almost stop when she couldn't feel her lips anymore because Min-Ho Oppa kiss was so overwhelming. He overtake her completely and she just go with the flow. Since she didn't want to repeat that scene again, not thinking of the possibility that the director might not satisfied with the angle, she endure herself and let Min-Ho Oppa in charge with the kiss. 

Jun-Oppa felt the strangeness when Shin-Hye went all silent after she spoke to her parent, her father and brother are asking him weird questions whether she is dating Min-Ho. Jun-Oppa told them that he is 300% sure that she is not dating him yet, but he didn't disclose any further details like they are really close. Her father is protective over Shin-Hye since he know about the anti-fans that could go overboard in threatening, he of course would not want Shin-Hye to be hurt by the relationship. Although with so many suspicious views, Jun-Oppa still help Shin-Hye to cover up her lie about her night visit to Min-Ho house. Shin-Won said that Shin-Hye had an urgent discussion with Min-Ho, so she dropby at his house. He thought that Shin-Hye came up with the most lame excuse ever, but with Shin-Hye stubborness, he couldn't pressure her, he just let it go but he is curious after watched the intense kissing scene between Shin-Hye and Min-Ho. Maybe they did have some sort of relationship which Shin-Hye didn't mention to him yet, so he contact Jun-Hyung, since Jun-Hyung knows everything about Shin-Hye. Disappointedly, he also remain mouth-tight, acting as if there is nothing underneath.

 

Shin-Hye walks past the colorful mural that display on the stone wall, the pictures of the trains, children and books with colorful rainbow drawing. The mural certainly lift up her spirit, she hopes that she could volunteer for this work sometimes in the near future, it helps to improve the balance of the environment for this housing area at Gangwon-do. She will film a pretty sad scene with Kim Tan today, she has to let go of Kim Tan completely, for the sake of Kim Tan certainly. She didn't meet with Min-Ho Oppa for a week since they didn't had any scenes together, she could only texts and call him to ask about his scenes. On the other hand, they don't talk much about the famous kissing scene. She is not brave enough to bring it up. As she is preparing herself for the kissing scene, Min-Ho Oppa comes up to Shin-Hye and steal a glance at her serious face.

"Woaha, you look pretty sad, are you already in the mood for crying?" he asked.

Shin-Hye looked up at Min-Ho Oppa and said, "Oppa, I'm getting myself ready for the next scene, the crying scene,"

"Ya, it still takes another half an hour, why do you stress yourself out? Let me take a picture of you, go stand over there," he orders her instead.

"Oppa, go away, I can't concentrate" Shin-Hye requests.

"Why can't you concentrate when I'm here?" Min-Ho acts innocently.