Chapter 1 - Encounter

Love at Shot

The sunshine was so bright that she had to hid her eyes. All her shirt got wet due to the hot weather. She don't get use to this hot weather.

She can't complain much too since she was the one agreed to this, despite Jun Oppa told her few times that ....

"You can always say no, you do know that right, Shin- Hye?"

His eyebrow frown, and his eyes just can't lie that he expects her to agree to whatever he say.

But Jun Oppa knows that she is so strong head girl who always get away on what she want. 

He blame that on her father since he always pampered her so much and he cherished her with all his love and energy.

Jun Oppa unpatiently tap on his foot, still, waiting for her to speak up.

Shin-Hye looked up and voice out, "Uhm..Uhm...Oppa...You know I can't break those promises that I gave to Kim Eun-Sook Shii. Even though I should have talk to you first or the President first, but still I already gave her my words. And you know how well she as a writer and what would she think of me if I broke her my promise"

"But still Shin-Hye...Lee Min-Ho Shii has a very large fan base which means you have to be extra careful while shooting with him. You know all the news of his previous co- actresses. They either got the compliment or bashing."

"Ah Oppa, I know. Guen-Suk Oppa also has many fans and I didn't see any bashing came to me so far. They all like me ya."

"But you can't compare both two actors, they are so much different. Lee Min-Ho Shii fans are so full of hormones ya. They could hurt your career ya, Shin-Hye"

Shin-Hye! Shin-Hye!

Her mind drifted to months before the filming start, she even didn't even notice that her Eunnie had been calling her to get over there. 

Deep in her thought, she still has those regret feelings. Why does she has to accept The Heirs? A teenager romance? She had been great in choosing her script from Miracle No.7, FBND, Don't Worry, I am Ghost, she blame herself on agreeing to The Heirs without reading the script carefully. 

And now she just has to act with Lee Min-Ho Shii, the cocky guy.

"Park Shin Hye!"

She rise up on her feet with the call, Shin-Hye looked dumbfounded, "Uhm Unni, you scare me to death!"

"Ya Shin-Hye, I had been calling you hundred times ya, why don't you respond?"

"Really? I didn't heard it..."

"What are you thinking? Don't you tell me you are tired? We just started filming 2 days ago. What happened ya?"

"Nothing, it is so hot." Shin-Hye hands over the bagpack to Eunnie. She smile sweetly to her and hug her Eunnie.

"You think how long will it takes for the PD to settle with the angle?" Shin-Hye whisper to Eunnie while looking at Lee Min-Ho direction.

It is her first scene at the Huntington Beach, LA. But her co-actor is so busy with his skateboard. She carefully looked at his direction and monitor how the guy tries multiple times to ride the board, moving it, jump and then roll on the board again. She never thought once about skateboarding but she pretty sure that it cannot be much difference than snowboarding and wakeboarding. It is an easy-pie, Shin-Hye thought.

She turned away from him and remember the day when she first arrived at their apartment, their nest for the rest of 3 weeks in LA.

She was so hyped with the filming and had been so excited to meet with the crews, PD-nim and of course Lee Min-Ho Shii. They didn't speak much during the the photoshoot last month, just a hello-bye-how-are-you conversation. 

Her crews, included with her Eunnie stylist, Jun- Oppa manager and Soo Young Unni Make-up artist will be staying in Apartment 513. Shin-Hye placed her handbag down on the queen-sized bed in the last room at the end of corridor, she walked towards the windows and carefully slide open the balcony door. The hot wind blew towards her face and she steps to the open space. The balcony faced the lush green garden view. Her apartment is at the 3rd floor and it consists of 3 bedroom apartment with nice and cosy modern design. 

"Shin-Hye, so you will be staying in this room?"

Shin-Hye turned to Jun Oppa and nodded sweetly to him. Jun Oppa has been with her for almost 10 years, since Dream Factory. He always be there to support and advice her, she can't deny that her parents trust Jun Oppa more than herself. Shin-Hye knew that Jun Oppa is her parents' eyes and ears and he had been giving them all her updates, well- being.

"Oppa, do you know where the rest of the crews?"

"I heard they went to beach side for surfing. You know, Lee Min-Ho Shii. He has some surfing scenes there."

"Arrr does it mean we have free times until they done shooting?"

"I think so, why?"

"Since this is my first time here, I plan to do some sight-seeing."

Shin- hye and her teams head up to the downtown LA and since they have few hours for the sight-seeing, she plans that they could wrap up in less time if they visit the infamous Santa Monica Promenade. Since Eunnie and Soo Young Unni were so eager for shopping, it was not a bad idea to let them indulge in shopping once in a while.

As they flipped on the clothes rack, the phone buzz felt. Jun Oppa held out the phone and answered "Yes, yes, isn't so? Yes, yes, we will come back immediately. Yes, yes, I am so sorry. Yes....Yes"

"Shin-Hye, Soo-Young, Eunnie, faster, lets go, let's go ya!"

"Why!?" Three of them turned and looked at Jun- Oppa with astonishment.

"The crews came back early, apparently they wrap up the shooting early and they are waiting us over the diiner now."

"What?!" Shin-Hye shout. She dragged Eunnie hands and run down the street towards the stopping yellow cab.

Shin- Hye hates to be late and moreover to let the crews wait for her over the dinner. Furthermore, it was their first dinner and she is totally it up to be late. Due to the heavy traffic, they could only make it 30 minutes later.

The yellow cab pulled down at one of the dining place next to the main road. Shin- Hye catched her breath and ran towards the door.

With one swing she able to pull open the door, but unfortunately she hit the door towards the other side.

And the last that she knows is when the glass filled with ice coffee flying and spilling across the tall guy.

She gently looked up and saw the guy looked at her unimpressed.

Holy- crap, the cocky guy.