Chapter 4 - Work

Love at Shot

Shin-Hye slipped over the pages again and again. The day seemed long and tiring. They are still in the middle of the shooting, scenes over scenes. Shin-Hye carefully read the lines over again and stood up, walk over to the Maserati GranCabrio MC in Rosso Trionfale red. They finished the scenes at Harmony California, where row and row of Almond trees stand tall above her. This is her first time to meet with almond trees and looking at the not-so-ripe yet almonds. It was fascinating to hold this little medical cannabis. It taste beautiful with melted chocolate, her favourite. She ride on the passenger seat in the car, eyeing left and right at the high- tech gadget of this super car. Not too soon, the driver side car door swing open and MIn-Ho Oppa sat confortably on the seat next to her.

"You ready?" he asked politely.

"Yes!" Shin-Hye answered excitedly.

Min-Ho silently the wheel and drive up to deserted highway. PD-nim gave up his direction from the walkie- talkie, "Yes, Kim Tan please drive up and we would start with your first line, Ok?"

"Yes," Min-Ho responded promptly.

"Good, 1, 2, 3, Action," Kang PD signaled.

Min-Ho looked over at Shin- Hye and continued with his lines. Shin-Hye's hair gently touch her bare face after blown by the strong and cool deserted wind, she tried to keep the flock of her hair in place while looking at the road ahead of her. Min-Ho Oppa was so silent and serius after the PD-nim shouted a cut for their driving scene. He seemed so engrossed in his mind that she could not probably able to break into that wall of his. Frustrated, she took out her phone from the left pocket and peeked to check the time. They still had a few scenes left but it would probably take whole night long. She couldn't break the silence, afraid to disturb his thought, instead she concentrating on the drive. 

"Ohh, so beautiful!" Shin-Hye whispered when she saw the blue sea located down the cliff as the car slowly pass the top of the mountain.

"Oppa, I would like to shoot this pretty scenery. Could you please stop?" She eyeing at Min-Ho Oppa while doing the cute begging face.

Min-Ho looked at her and said,"Oh? Of course"

Shin-Hye knew the production crews were ahead of them and they would stop at the pitstop a few kilometres ahead of them for some briefing. They were still probably discuss on the spot for the next accident scene, hence she had a few minutes to shoot couples photos to upload into her SNS. 

MIn-Ho pulled over the car and watched Shin-Hye got down. Her hand flicked on her phone few times. She didn't waste much time and got into the car immediately.

"You done?" Min-Ho looked at her.

"Thank you Oppa," Shin-Hye thanked him sincerely.

She looked at her phone over the photos that she just captured, "Ahh, I should have take the camera from Jun-Oppa," She said silently.

"Camera?" Min-Ho curious.

"Yes, he always carry the camera with him and take pictures of me and the activites that I do," She explained.

"Why? Why you guys do that?" Min-Ho became more curious listening to her explanation.

"I love photos, feeling like it capture all my memories, so I ask Jun Oppa to do that for me," She looked over at Min-Ho. Shin-Hye the phonecamera and made a quick selfie of her and Min-Ho Oppa while he was driving. 

"Oppa you won't mind I shoot your photo?" She asked.

"Go ahead do that," Min-Ho smiled, thinking this girl can't stop making him fascinating about herself.

Min-Ho pulled the car over next to the production crews car, he went out and greeted them. Shin-Hye listened to the PD-nim directions, mostly he was giving Min-Ho Oppa directions on how to turn the car over and made a believe of the man-made accident. 

Shin- Hye walked slowly to the top of the cliff and shoot few of her own self. She turned and caught Min-Ho Oppa walking silently towards her.

"Oppa, looked here" Shin-Hye shouted. Clicked, clicked, she took few photos of Min-Ho Oppas at the hot desert.

Shin-Hye was so focused on her phone when Min-Ho walked next to her. 

"What are you doing?" He asked while peeped at her phone.

"Update my SNS, to promote our drama," she answered shortly.

"Let me see," MIn-Ho took her phone and looked at his photo that appeared at Shin-Hye homepage.

"Park Shin-Hye, can't you see the cigarette on my hand ya," Min-Ho felt frustrated. He had been warned many times about smoking in public by his agency and how it could affect his image.

"Oh," Shin-Hye checked through the photo again.

"Ah, this is really embarassing, Oppa I didn't see it...." She looked at Min-Ho pouted face.

"Oppa, I will delete this immediately, I don't think anyone able to view this yet," Shin-Hye tried to comfort Min-Ho Oppa.

She clicked on the delete button immediately. Min-Ho Oppa still haven't response to her yet.

"Oppa, I really didn't see it, if I see it, I wouldn't have post it online," Shin-Hye defend herself.

"Shin-Hye, how come you don't see it? I was smoking over there," Min-Ho looked at Shin-Hye. 

"Ar, I really didn't see it ya, why I have to lie?" Shin-Hye sound angry at sulking Min-Ho.

"What you going to do about it now?" Min-Ho asked.

"I delete it Oppa," Shin-Hye responsed. She hate the fact that he tried to blame her for her clumsiness of posting his photo, she knew she was to blame but he just went over board.

"That is not end of story," Min-Ho looked at Shin-Hye and in seconds, he took her phone from her hand.

"I will keep this until you reflect on your fault," Min-Ho shouted while walking away from her towards the crews.

"Ya, Oppa, you can't do that, give back my phone" Shin-Hye shouted and chased Min-Ho Oppa urgently.

Min-Ho hide Shin-Hye's phone at the back of his jeans pocket, Shin-Hye came running and stopped in front of him.

"Give back my phone, Oppa," She looked angry but also cute at the same time.

He smiles and answered, "No"

"Oppa, why I have to reflect on my fault? I told you I didn't purposely do it," Shin-Hye sounded really angry this time.

"Really? Hmmm, how I suppose to believe?" Min-Ho .

Shin-Hye pouted.

"If you really want your phone back, just take it. At my back jeans pocket," Min-Ho challeged.

Shin-Hye looked at Min-Ho again and she heard the challege that he dare her to touch on his jean pocket. While most of the girls probably will react shy towards any man like Lee Min Ho's challenge, Shin-Hye always thought differently. She is not any girls that fan-girling Lee Min Ho, she hate the fact that he challenge her on something that he thought she couldn't dare herself to do it. Shin- Hye stepped towards Min-Ho Oppa and extend her left hand to his back pocket. Her eyes contact never leave Min-Ho Oppa and just to make sure he understand not to challenge her on anything again.

With one swift move, she touched the phone at the back of his pocket and hold it tightly. She looked at Min-Ho Oppa and stepped away from him.

"Ya Cha Eun Sang, you really....."Min-Ho lost a word to describe his leading lady. Shin-Hye didn't seemed to intimidate by his look like other women that he met.

 

The look on Min-Ho Oppa face was so priceless, Shin-Hye smiled after remembered their small fight this afternoon. His face was unbelievable pissed that he lost the battle. However his staring had been so wicked afterwards, he acted like he laboured all evil thoughts to win over her again.

"Ah, so childish," Shin-Hye muttered herself. 

She sat on the couch while waiting for her unnies to get ready for dinner. They will be having their farewell dinner party tonight before going back to South Korea the next day.

Ding Dong, the door bell rang. 

Shin-Hye walked over and opened the door, it probably the crew member that came to remind them to not be late. But it was Min-Ho Oppa stood at the door. He smiled wickedly at her and asked,"You ready for dinner?"

Shin-Hye looked at him scrutinizely and thinking what was his plan this time around. She nodded her head.

"Since when Park Shin-Hye lost her voice?" Min-Ho replied sarcastically.

Shin-Hye couldn't stop herself as her left hand hit over Min-Ho Oppa's arm.

Wacked.

"Ya Park Shin-Hye!" he shouted after getting hit from Shin-Hye.

"Why? You deserve it," Shin-Hye looked at him innocently.

They departed to the dining together since both of their teams really blend well together. The place was filled with the casts and crews when they arrived. They was showed their way to their tables near the window. Both of them can't stop the bickering that seemed to start and end with a hit of here and there. Shin-Hye would either hit Min-Ho Oppa arms and Min-Ho would grabbed on Shin-Hye shoulder with pressure. Shin- Hye tried to release herself but it got no wail, lastly she just kicked on his leg causing him to wail and it got attention from all the crews in the farewell party. She tried to run away from Min-Ho Oppa but the guy chased over her again and he would either push on her back causing her to fell down.

"Ya, you really a jerk," She shouted over him.

"What? Jerk? You call me jerk?" Min-Ho shocked to hear it from her.

"Jerk..Jerk..Jerk.."She laughed at his face. She got up quickly to her feet before Min-Ho could ran towards her.

"Park Shin-Hye, you hit my arms, legs, my back too, it got all hurt and now you call me jerk?" Min-Ho shouted at her.

"Both of you, could you just stop?" Jun-Oppa looked over at Shin-Hye and ordered her to sit back at her place.

The other crew members smiled at their over-playfulness and continued enjoy their meal.

Min-Ho sat himself next to Shin-Hye purposely, "Don't you dare," Shin-Hye warned at him when she saw him next to her.

He smile at her and said quitely, "Later sweetheart,"

"I am not your sweetheart," Shin-Hye voiced out. Their crew members looked at them interestingly.

"Shin-Hye, don't you get tired of filming today? How on earth do you still have energy to play?" Min-Ho pretended.

Their staff members looked at them and while Shin-Hye realized that, all her face was already redden.

She made a sly kick at him under the table.

"Ouccchhh," Min-Ho felt terribly pain after he felt a pang on his left calf.

Shin-Hye pretended to not heard anything and turned away from her right, away from Min-Ho Oppa.

"So yummy, I shall start eating," She said happily while thinking he deserved all the hits for being so childish.

 

Shin-Hye had her luggage packed carefully and ready to leave her room of 3 weeks.

"I will really miss you," She looked out at the balcony and felt a sense of farewell to her temporary home. She love the breezy night weather at LA and she love the fact that she could enjoy some independence away from her family. Although it was short but this trip left her with huge memories, especially from Min-Ho Oppa. They became close and friendly towards each other. The awkwardness disappeared after a few mingling session. She can't denied that she enjoy his company. She tried to make herself stop thinking further because of an unknown reasons. She couldn't made up her mind yet, what is those reasons?

 

The announcement went on, "First-class and business-class passengers may board the plane"

Shin-Hye followed Kang-PD and Min-Ho Oppa, she slightly waved to her team members since they would be seated at the economy section. Shin-Hye got lucky since their American counterpart got the offer from the poise Korean carrier who agreed to sponsore the flight tickets for cast and crews. Furthermore they offered the first- class seats to the leading man and lady, in return for some airtime. It was mutual benefit and they took up the offered.  Shin- Hye was lead to the Korean Air A380 first class seat located at the middle section of the 2nd row. She looked at the spacious and privately design seat. Surprisingly, Min-Ho Oppa also stopped at the seat next to her. He looked at her joyfully and sat himself comfortably.

"I can't believe it, this first-class cabin has like 12 seats in total, and you got the seat next to me?" Shin-Hye looked surprisingly.

Min-Ho looked dumbfonded, "Shin-Hye, just sit, we can talk about it later on," Min-Ho replied non-chalantly. It was not like he followed her around, but it was the seat that showed up at his boarding pass. Nothing much he can do about it, fate, he thought silently.

"You don't try any trick with me on the plane, I am sure will kill you," Shin-Hye warned him sternly.

Min-Ho could not hold his laughter, looking at Shin-Hye cute angry expression. He liked the feeling of seeing her angry.

"Am I crazy?" Min-Ho whispered to himself.

"What? Crazy? You called me crazy?" Shin-hye bursted out loudly.

"Shin-Hye, calm down, I didn't mean you," Min-Ho laughed again.

She felt so irritated with his silliness and how he managed to turn her anger button on everytime they met. She better prepared herself for 13 hours direct flight with Min-Ho Oppa seated next to her, it will either be a disaster or a blessing. 

Shin-Hye took off her book, ipod touch and handphone and placed to next to her. She flipped through the books and spotted her bookmark at the page she read yesterday.

"What are you reading?" Min-Ho talked to her silently.

"Huh? The Crucible," she answered.

Min-Ho was never a book person, he do reading but mostly magazines about car or sport and some newspapers. He nodded and looked over at his plane partner who too serius into reading just after the plane took off. He switched on his ipad and start to click on. The dead silence between them must be continue for few long minutes until Shin- Hye stopped her reading and peeped over at her side.

"What is it?" her curiosity could kill a cat sometimes.

Min-Ho jumped over when Shin-Hye bend her head to look at his ipad.

"What are you doing?" she asked again curiously.

"Playing games,' he asnwered shortly while still concentrating at his screen.

"Hmmm, Oppa, what game is that?" she could not stop her curiousity.

"War of lord, you know?" he asked, still not paying attention at Shin-Hye.

"No, I don't play game, I read and play sports," she replied. 

"Hmm...." Min-Ho replied.

Shin-Hye continued with her reading since Min-Ho Oppa too busy with his game. A few minutes later, one young and friendly stewardess politely came to Shin-Hye and handed a menu for her to choose, either a western or traditional korean meal. Of course, korean meal, she had been missing all the food back home when she was shooting at LA.

"Korean meal please," Shin-Hye replied.

Min-Ho Oppa also choose the korean meal as well, as expectedly the stewardess that served Min-Ho Oppa seemed to recognize him and she blushed after Min-Ho Oppa flash his signature smile to him. Shin-Hye looked at him and smirked. After they were left alone, Shin-Hye voiced out, "You must have get use of using your smile to get want you want," Shin-Hye said sarcastically.

Min-Ho turned to her and smirked, "And you? What with your idol boyfriends?"

"What? What I do with them?" she asked innocently.

"They are my friends, doesn't matter whether they are idol or not, I do have non idol friends," She stated.

"Ah, you, I lost my games!" Min-Ho blurted out.

"What? You really...."Shin-Hye just let it slide since she got to use to Min-Ho Oppa characters. Sometimes she thought he really has a busy mind that it became very hard for him to pay any attention to what she said. Her best friends always called her "the clever one" among the groups because she has the six sense that could tell instantly of what the other parties would do or say. Sometimes they blame her for spoiling the bubble but she could not help it. Through the course of filming, she could felt the attractions in her leading man, he really has that sharp and outstanding feature. She tried to maintain her friendship distance between him, since she learn that she could not find those Anjell buddies as she grows older. The unbreakable bond that they sincerely feel towards each other and still maintain that relationship until today. She knew that this is a work for Min-Ho Oppa and for her as well. She knew how important this project to him and she would like to help him achieve that as well. So in order to focus on their drama, she should stop any thoughts or actions that could make herself confuse. Shin-Hye immersed herself with a deep thought and looked at the page. 

She will need to learn to control her personal feelings and need to set boundaries of their growing attachment. Luckily, they are heading home and she felt that she could stop her confuse feeling effectively once they set foot in Korea. Hopefully, she could overcome this and not let anyone realize her deep personal thoughts about Min-Ho Oppa. Hopefully, she thought.