Chapter 5 - Later

Love at Shot

 Shin-Hye finished her plate happily and she still dished on the side order that left a little more. She felt satisfied and the stewardess just came forward to clean up while asking her, "Would you like to take your dessert now, madam?"

Shin-Hye smiled and nodded casually at the young lady who could possibly be around mid- thirties of age.

"Certainly, I will get it ready for you," she respond professionally.

Shin-Hye could felt a pair eyes locked on her expression, she her right and there, Min-Ho Oppa looked at her surprisingly.

"Why?" She asked.

"Hmm, nothing, it just like you could eat me up too with your appetite," he .

Shin-Hye looked, this guy sure ask for more trouble, she thought, "Yes, I could eat you alive, so you better be careful,"

"Ha ha ha, Shin-Hye, you can't be more funny than this," Min-Ho laughed meanfully.

"Why? Why can't I eat?" Shin-Hye defend herself.

Just then, the stewardess politely placed the chocolate muse with some very outstanding presentation on Shin-Hye's front.

"We hope you enjoy your dessert," she withdrawn herself with a bow.

Shin-Hye impressed with her plate that she couldn't decide on how start the dine. She started to dig in her sweet and turned to Min-Ho Oppa who also ate the food that he was served. He seemed to enjoy his meal while sipping on the champagne. Min-Ho turned and got his eyes locked on Shin-Hye.

He casually asked her, "Do you know the next shooting schedule?"

"No, I didn't ask Jun-Oppa yet, but he probably have it with him," she replied.

"Hmm, I will be flying to Japan few days later for some CF," he said.

"Ahh, that must be tiring, since you have the filming scenes and CF too," she concernly respond.

"It will be a day trip so should be ok, we had this arrangement earlier since I want to wrap it up before the later part of the drama," he explained intentively.

They exchanged a few topics about their work and family. Shin-Hye learned that Min-Ho Oppa has a dog too, Chocco, it was named after its own brownish chocolate resemblance color. He had an elder sister, a loving mother and father. He is the youngest in the family. No wonder he acts like a spoil child in the set. The more she learned about him, the more she felt less intimidated by his appearance. The flower boys are never her favourite, she learns a lot of the news and rumors from the insiders in this entertainment industry, hence she always take precautions steps when she came to work with those good looking and playboy type actor. Not that she heard any bad rumours about Min-Ho Oppa, apart from some sayings from Se-Young Unni that she acted before with him in his last drama. She didn't explained much except that he is good looking, like really good looking. Shin-Hye laughed it off when Se-Young Unni warned her not to fall in love with Min-Ho Oppa. She knows the meaning of that warning and she had to roll up her sleeves and be careful with her feeling. She felt a sense of heaviness in her heart, relationship in this industry is difficult, that's the reason why she tried to stay as far away from it as possible. Shin-Hye pushed the assistance button and request for her bed to be make, she would like to take a nap since this is the only way for her to escape any conversation with Min-Ho Oppa. She dozed off after few minutes later. 

Shin-Hye felt a shaking motion, she slightly opened her eyes and felt the air turbulence that subsequently subsided. Much to her relieved, she woke up and saw Min-Ho Oppa also slept soundly next to her. Unbelievably, she could hear his snoring. Shin-Hye smiled and clicked on her phone to shoot a video of Min-Ho Oppa. This will be her good treasure, not that she will use the video to blackmail him someday.

Ha, she laughed.

Just then, Min-Ho flipped on his eyes, "You awake?"

"Oh Oppa, yes," Shin-Hye smiled.

"What, anything on my face?" MIn-Ho felt weird as Shin-Hye kept looking at his face expression.

"Oppa, you snore," she informed him.

"What? No, I don't snore, you snore," he refused to accept her theory.

"What? You really snore, it was so loud, I even shoot the video as prove because I know you won't believe," Shin-Hye made her winning face.

"Let me see, you are just bluffing, I know, you are the one who snore, Park Shin-Hye," he replied.

"No I won't let you see, I will send to you once I have the network connections," she smile and thinking the fact that Min-Ho Oppa will surely delete it off if he get hold of her phone.

"You evil girl, let me see the video, if not just admit that you are bluffing," Min-Ho challenged.

Shin-Hye hesitated whether she should give in or not to prove that she really shot the video. Just then, Min-Ho bend over the partition between their seats and use his long hand to try to grab her phone.

"Ahh, you really, I told you I will send to you!" Shin-Hye held her phone securely and prevent him to take it. But Min-Ho Oppa still didn't let go of the other end of her phone, he tried to use force to take it over by grabbing on Shin-Hye's wrist. Shin-Hye used her right hand to hit Min-Ho Oppa's shoulder, determined to never let go of her phone. Their battle caused some attention to other passengers, Shin-Hye signalled Min-Ho to sit back before they would get thrown out from the first- class cabin.

Min-Ho feeling defeated and the fact that she laughed about him snoring made him felt irritated. He doesn't snore. Shin-Hye said she would send the so-called video to him, but he didn't have her phone number yet and she also didn't has his too. It made him felt more cheated on the way she said it.

"You don't even have my number, how you plan to send it," Min-Ho protested.

"Ar, that's true, I don't have your number, can you give me your number so I can send to you later," Shin-Hye asked.

Min-Ho made a sulking mouth and pretend, "Give me your phone, I will save for you,"

"Ya, Lee Min-Ho,"

"Ok ok I can't stand to be the bad person here, just take it if you want the phone," Shin-Hye hands over her phone to Min-Ho.

Min-Ho reached over and acted like he is the innocent party in the battle,"You should do that earlier, since I'm elder that you."

Shin-Hye remained silent and looked at Min-Ho clicked on her phone. 

"Oppa, you did snore," she stated the fact.

Min-Ho turned to Shin-Hye after saving his own number in her phone, he also watched the famous video that made them fight for almost 20 minutes long.

He respond, "You called this snore?" He felt funny when he watched the video, he did make the humming sound but it was not snoring. He denied. He looked at Shin-Hye who settled back to her sleeping position. However he can't denied that he likes to and make fun of her, her playfulness and not-give-in type make him felt that he should teach her a lesson on how to say yes to whatever he want. He always get what he want all the way. But she just couldn't agree on whatever he say, she always has the last say on everything. Remembering their trip to Korean fusion dining a few days ago, she insisted that he should takes some vegetables, so she ordered a pot of vegetables with meat stew, he hardly remembered the taste of the meat since his mouth was full with the weird taste of green onion. From dining to hair styles, she could put her opinion in every single detail. She is the only actress that could mess with his hair, either by pulling it or messing it up. She was also endlessly teasing him about his sideburns since he has this habit of checking his sideburns. She did make him feel irritated sometimes. But it is fun to be with her. He smiled sweetly looking at fast asleep Shin-Hye.

 

Min-Ho keyed in the passcode and enter into his empty unit. The scent of his collogne still fill up his living room. He switch on the lights with one hand wave. His living room is spacious with the luxurious looked furniture and couches. He moved into this secluded duplex villa 1 years ago, it equipped with its own personal garage and escalator and lift. He would like to be sure that it must be privately located and out from any media, fans or paparazzi reach. He quickly walked up to his bedroom at upper floor, he would like to take a short hot shower and get change after the long journey. His personal assistant would probably bring his luggage back in anytime.  He would like to enjoy his alone time after the long tiring work. Therefore his manager and his teams rarely show up at his place, he did invite them for some eating session but mostly they will not stay overnight.

After the bath, he swiped on his phone and started to click a few pages. He started to scroll down in the contact list and realized he did not save Shin-Hye phone number yet. They practically met each other everyday for the last few weeks, it became a norm for him to just talk to her, hence there was no need for the phone conversation since her apartment was just next door.

"I should have get her number," Min-Ho muttered.

Instead, he quickly dialled his manager Hyung number,"Hyung, how are you? Yes, I just came home. Hyung, do you know what is the schedule for the shooting? What?! PD-nim give us 2 days rest? Oh, oh, so I will be free for 2 days ya? Oh Oh nothing, yes....good night"

Min-Ho just felt that the rest days came at the wrong time since he preferred to be at shooting locations nowadays because he felt happier and lively. He better made up a plan for his empty days. 

Buzz Buzz, his phone vibrate.

He received a message,"I heard you arrive today, welcome back. How is the journey? I am sure you tired, take care and good night :)"

He looked at the sender of the message, it was a painful memories that he had with her but they promised each other to be friend and support each other. He occasionally called her on her birthday or anytime when he heard that she fell sick. Since her parents were at overseas, he promised to take care of her. She had spoke to him few times last week and she gave the recommendations on where to eat at LA. He smiled thinking on their past days together, it was bittersweet but they remain as bestfriend. Min Ho let out a heavy sign and put back his phone to the couch.

He woke up early the next morning, promise himself to drive back to their family home for a visit. He miss his family and the homecook food. He could smell the delicious food when he stepped into the comfort house. His mother was busy at the kitchen while his father was out for some golfing. His sister will be home soon, his mother explained attentively.

"Min-Ho ya, how is the shooting? You must be tired," she asked warmly.

"Omma, it is ok, the crew and cast, they are pretty well, I could get along easily," he explained while still concentrating on his food.

"Ar, your leading lady name is Park Shin Hye?" she asked.

"Oh, Omma," he looked up to his mother curiously.

"Is she that girl that act in Tree of Heaven?" she asked again.

"Yes Omma, why?" Min-Ho become more curious when his mother started to ask him about Shin-Hye.

"Actually I know her mother, we were neighbours last time when I lived at Gwangju, before I got married to your dad and move to Seoul," she explained.

"Oh," Min-Ho shocked.

"You guys still contact each other?" Min-Ho bursted out.

"No we didn't, I only recognise her from the photo that Jae-Kyung show me in the internet," she explained.

Min-Ho nodded and felt what a small world that they live, since his mother mentioned about Shin-Hye, it made him wonder why she didn't contact him since she got his phone number. 

Aishhh, Min-Ho can't help but to wonder.

 

It was the most difficult part of waking up, Shin-Hye didn't feel to get up from her bed, she miss to lay down on her own bed, she had been away for almost 3 weeks. She hesitately woke up, if not because Eunnie insisted that she should get some facial massage since her skin was dry and had a little of sunburn, a little facial pampering will help improve her skin complexion.

"Urhhhh, I should have cancelled the appointment," Shin-Hye tried to escape.

She quickly type the messages into her best friends chatroom

"Guys, I am back, anyone want to join me lunch today?" she typed

"Standard Park, you back. How are you? Lunch okey, I'm free at 3," Min-Young replied.

"Hehehe, I miss you ;) friends! Meet at old place at 3 everyone," Shin-Hye typed.

Feeling excited that she would meet her best friends, she quickly get change and planned to drive to the appointment and make sure get it finish before 3. 

She had been closed with her best friends since high school, they are her only non- celebrity friends that keep in touch with her through her up and downs in the industry. The path had been rough for her since she debuted at such a young age where she had to sacrifice a lot things in return to fame. Nevertheless, they remained to support her although others of her peers at school tend to discriminate her because of her celebrity title. Since 5 of them are A-typed blood group while the other one is O-typed, she called her group O1A5. She bought the handmade bracelets from the small little shop at downtown LA, she made sure each bracelet carried the initial nickname of her friends and their group name too. After distributed the souveniers to her friends, she start to chat about the shooting. Most of her friends curious on who Lee Min Ho is off-screen.

She gave them a brief explanation, "You won't believe if I tell you  that he really is childish, he likes to play joke and laugh on silly things, that's sound crazy but he is like that, it is a total opposite of his appearance. But he get serious when work. He probably is the most heteroual man that I met, he can't leave the mirror!"

All of the girls laughed at Shin-Hye's explanation, she sure loves to make joke of her leading man because deep down she knew well their conversation always get kept among themselves.

Just then her phone vibrated and a message from Jun Oppa read, "Shin-Hye, Manager Hyung just call me, Min-Ho said he need to talk to you about something that you promised him on the plane, he ask you to call him,"

What? Shin-Hye thought, Something I promised him? Huh?

She was so certain that it was a prank again by Min-Ho Oppa, I will call him later, she typed a reply.