Chapter 7 - Hot & Cold

Love at Shot

Shin-Hye had this patchwork blanket wrapped over her waist, as to keep her warm due to Cha Eun Sang wore the school uniform to the shoots these days and the skirt was extremely short. Eunnie insisted that she should wore the short underneath the skirt as well. Shin-Hye agreed. Over her shoulder, she was wrapped with the thick jacket that could drowned her into its over fluffiness. The wether start to get cooler in the month of November, she felt shivering even though she kept warm herself with the hot drinks. The endless supplies from her mother before she went out to shoot every morning. Her mother would also sent a basket full of snacks because Shin-Hye can't be hungry, she is a good eater. 

Shin-Hye walked at the empty corridor of the Jeguk High School, she held on the script tightly, rehearsing the lines for her upcoming scene with Min-Ho Oppa and Won-Bin. She heard the voices from the upcoming room, Shin-Hye peeped in and announced, "Hello guys!"

Won-Bin turned to Shin-Hye and beemed with smiled, "Ya Cha Eun Sang, you always make me wait,"

Shin-Hye smiled and looked at him adorably, "Ya, Young Do, do you wait for so long? I will treat you a noodle then,"

Hyung-Sik looked at Shin-Hye and added, "Of course Noona, you won't forget me too?"

"Of course, we are wolf pack, yeah," Shin-Hye informed.

Just then, Min-Ho entered the room and sat himself next to Hyung-Sik.

"Hyung, how is your kiss scene yesterday?" Won-Bin asked.

Min-Ho looked at Shin-Hye speechless expression and smiled, "Good, it went well," he replied short and crisp.

Hyung-Sik busily the script pages and started to read from the pages, "Kim Tan pulled Cha Eun Sang into the pantry room, tried to escape from the sight of Kim Tan's mother who continue to shout for Eun Sang name. Kim Tan will  pin Eun Sang towards the wall. Their face will be close to or near, it will be like an almost kiss, but the kiss won't happen...Kim Tan will..."

"Woahha daebak, Writer-nim is killing me with her writing," Ha-Neul joined into the conversation.

"This is not fair, Kim Tan and Cha Eun Sang will have this private almost kiss and also rooftop kiss later, but Young Do can't even has a hug with Eun Sang, my heart is getting hurt, " Won-Bin made the injured face.

Shin-Hye smirked, "Do you really want to hug me that much, Young Do?"

"Shin-Hye, are you offering free hug? Why, you had a change of mind?" Ha-Neul looked into Shin-Hye curiously.

Wack, Shin-Hye turned to Ha-Neul and gave him a smack.

"Ha-Neul, I will kill you if you bring that thing up again," Shin-Hye warned.

Min-Ho looked at Shin-Hye, she was the only girl amongs the boys but she could be so comfortable and playful towards them. He heard that Ha-Neul was Shin-Hye university-mate but Shin-Hye didn't get back to school but yet she seemed to be so friendly with him.

Min-Ho sighed. He wished that she could reserved her firendliness to only him, he thought she had developed special feelings towards him too, since she was always friendly and jolly to him, however after they came back from LA and while the shooting in Seoul started, he saw that she always treats other people in this friendly way. He felt the bitterness when he felt that he might had misunderstood her at some point. Now, he would need to deal with his own misunderstanding.

"Hyung, why? Are you ok?" Won-Bin asked him while following Min-Ho eyesight towards Shin-Hye. 

"Oh, I'm alright. How is your shooting so far?" Min-Ho tried to stir his attention away from Shin-Hye.

Won-Bin realized there was something bothering Min-Ho and Min-Ho seemed to pay extra attention to Shin-Hye and kept staring at her. He had passed those stages before, he still remembered the push and pull stage at his relationship with his girlfriend. He didn't want to make a conclusion that there was something underneath between Min-Ho and Shin-Hye because he heard they spent quite plenty chunk of time together shooting the scenes. Besides, he heard rumours from those stylist noona who even made a bet whether Shin-Hye and Min-Ho would date later on. He laughed it off at first but after witnessing with his own eyes, he really blame himself that he should entered the betting as well.

"Hyung, everything went well, but I will really talk to Kang-PD that Young Do also need a kiss scene with Eun Sang," Won-Bin casted his line.

Min-Ho looked at Won-Bin without a blink, "Really? If you want that, you could say to PD-nim,"

Won-Bin felt a heavy punch from Min-Ho's gaze, a warning of not even to try. He smirked, satisfied with his own finding. He would bet that Min-Ho hyung was all over smitten by Park Shin-Hye, aha.

Min-Ho looked at Won-Bin, "What is so funny? Why are you smiling?"

"Oppa, Won-Bin, the set was ready, we should be there," Shin-Hye called on them from the door.

 

Min-Ho Oppa held on Shin-Hye's wrist, pulling her ups after she acted as if she fell on the floor. He didn't let her hand go even though they had finished the rehearsal. Shin-Hye uncomfortably shifted her wrist, finding excuse that she need to go check her make-up and hairs, and then Min-Ho Oppa would release her hand. His nerve wrecking staring started to make Shin-Hye nervous, she was not sure the reasons to that but she didn't like it. She had to keep remind herself that it was purely an act and Min-Ho Oppa was a great actor who could make different emotional expression easily, and maybe he got carried away with the setting of their drama project. She still couldn't forget the evening of sunset that shined through his eyes yesterday. They were rehearsing for the rooftop kiss but the wind blew towards her hair and it messed up her hair again and again. She couldn't concentrate on the fact that Min-Ho Oppa placed both of his arms to block her body and he seemed so ready for the kiss. The distance between them was so closed that it made her suffocated.

Meanwhile, Kang-PD nim can't contain his laughter when he saw Shin-Hye in the awkward position. He even joked that Min-Ho Oppa should calmed himself down as he made Shin-Hye nervous. Min-Ho was grinning non-stop and it made the matter worse because Shin-Hye's face got redden from all the shyness. 

"You guys, go ahead rehearse, just imagine we are not here," Kang-PDnim teased.

"Should we really kiss? Mouth to mouth? Which angle you will use?" Min-Ho tried to find way to escape.

"Why, you guys are not comfortable kissing for real?" Kang-PDnim demanded.

"No, just would like to know if you could use the angle for the kiss instead," Min-Ho suggested.

"Of course, we could try a long shot but that won't be sufficient because we will edit 2 shots with one angle, so you guys just kiss," Kang-PDnim smiled.

"Ok then," Min-Ho turned to Shin-Hye and positioned his head at the angle and slowly tilted his head towards Shin-Hye. Shin-Hye jerked away her head to the other end and said, "I don't think we should be really kissing for practice,"

"If you guys ready and we will shoot now," Kang-PDnim shouted and the film started to roll.

Unfortunately, Kang-PDnim was not satisfied with the kiss, he shouted a cut and asked Min-Ho to fix his angle and Shin-Hye to fix her expression. They were doing the kiss again and again for almost ten times. She couldn't even laughed after she finished the kiss scene because she felt so numb. She was pinched to the wall and forcefully kissed by Min-Ho Oppa. She could only felt his breath underneath her breath, he left his lip taste on hers. Full of a mixture of everything, from sweet to bitter, she could smell the cigarette scent too. 

"Are you ok?" Min-Ho Oppa worried after Shin-Hye didn't looked at him. She stared at the ground instead.

"Huh? Oh I am ok," Shin-Hye replied and walked towards her stylist who wrapped her up with the jacket. She made a quick bow to the crews and thanked them for patiently endure with her kissing ability, she tried to make joke to cover the embarassment. Shin-Hye walked herself quickly towards her dressing room located at the third floor of the school. This dressing room was allocated for her and her teams. She nervously picked up her casual cloth, since she had shot her last scene for today, she prepared to go back home.

"Shin-Hye, that was your last scene right? Will you be heading home now?" Eunnie asked her. She had been worried on Shin-Hye these past days because Shin-Hye looked so absentminded and she always lost in thought, this happened everytime she had the scenes with Min-Ho. She kept on pressing of what was bothering her recently, did Min-Ho offend her in some ways? Why she look really upset after she shot scenes with Min-Ho?

"Yes Unni, I will just change and head home. Can you inform Jun-Oppa to get Woo-Hoon ready too?" Shin-Hye requested without making eyes contact with Eunnie.

"Shin-Hye, are you okey? You looked really different, anything happen that upset you?" Eunnie concernly looking at her.

"Nothing Unni, I am okey. I am just tired with the shooting, I will be okey after getting some rest at home," Shin-Hye ressaured Eunnie that she was fine overall. Shin-Hye can't voiced out her frustration since she didn't want to make Eunnie worried. She just felt frustrated over Min-Ho Oppa. He seemed so full of emotions and moodiness. She can't catched on the state of his mood, yesterday he didn't uttered single words to her personally, except those lines from the scripts when Kim Tan met Cha Eun Sang. After their shots, he just disappeared. She squeezed on her mind, reflecting on what did she does that made him that upset? Or it was just Min-Ho Oppa another mysterious character? Oppositely, today he was full of jokes and humor. He cracked the jokes with the staff and even Kang-PDnim was laughing non-stop. Strangely, when he faced her privately at the dressing room, he treated her with formalities. She tried to play with him but he didn't seemed to be interested. He just looked and taped with his phone. After those awkward kissing scene, she just would like to disappear into the thin air when Min-Ho Oppa asked whether she was okey. She would like to scream to his face that she was not fine because of his strange attitude, they used to be close but not anymore.

Shin-Hye blinked her eyes and wiped off the dropping tears from her face. She just arrived to her home, "Thank you Woo-Hoon, have a safe drive and good night," Shin-Hye thanked her driver and hopped down from the car.

She knew her parents probably still stucked at their restaurant, since it was always busy during the weekend. She will be home alone and clear her mind, until they came back from restaurant. She didn't see much of her parents since she always had an early shoot and it got dragged until past midnight. Sometimes she just came home to shower and refresh herself due to the tight schedule. She miss to sit and have dinner with her family and chat over the tinybits of everything.

She felt her phone's vibration, Shin-Hye took out her phone from her pocket and saw 1 new message from the chatroom.

Min-Ho: "What are you doing? Busy?"

Shin-Hye looked at her dogs which sleeping soundly at her lap. She looked at her phone and the message and typed:

Shin-Hye: "Nothing, No, Why?"

Min-Ho read at Shin-Hye message and typed.

Min-Ho: "While you say you are doing nothing, I really can't believe. What are you doing?"

Shin-Hye: "Why?"

Min-Ho: "Why you left so early? Have you eaten?"

Shin-Hye: "I am just tired."

Min-Ho: "So...you don't eat yet?"

Shin-Hye: "Oppa, I'm really tired. Good night."

Min-Ho read the messages from Shin-Hye, he felt irritated because Shin-Hye never skipped meal. She always had her meal before going home but today she was just disappeared after they shot the kissing scene. He was not certain whether she dislike him kissing her that much. Min-Ho dialled to Shin-Hye as he need to confirm something.

Min-Ho: "Shin Hye, are you okey?"

Shin-Hye: "What is this? Why everyone is asking me whether I am okey? If you are calling to ask me this, then the answer is I am okey,"

Min-Ho: "Why? Why are you like this? Something happen?"

Shin-Hye: "I'm the one who should ask you, why? Why you like this? Something wrong?"

Min-Ho: "Shin-Hye, don't twist my words and give me the answer. Why are you acting like this? Are you hungry?"

Shin-Hye: "Oppa, I am not hungry and I didn't act anything, I am tired, I am ending the call,"

Min-Ho: "Shin-Hye, if you don't tell me that you don't like me kissing you, I won't know it. And it is useless if you are mad at me because I won't know if you don't tell me,"

Shin-Hye: "I am not mad over the kissing things, it is work that's all,"

Silent paused, Min-Ho: "Yes, it is works, overall, I won't disturb you then, good night,"

Min-Ho Oppa just hang up the phone without listened to her, What's wrong with him, Shin-Hye shouted in annoyed.

 

Shin-Hye was so focused on reading at the comments about the first kiss between Kim Tan and Cha Eun Sang over at the internet. Most of them don't like the scene and some of them even pity at Cha Eun sang due to her desperate expression during the kiss scene. Shin-Hye tried to hit her head to the wall after reading all those comments. She feeling annoyed because of her own inability to deliver the best. She was sure Min-Ho Oppa already read those comments about that scene, he was not at fault after all, so he shouldn't had any worry.

"Omo, Shin-Hye, are you okey?" Won-Bin came up to her after he saw her tried to destroy her own head.

"Oh, yes, I am okey," Shin-Hye looked up to him and smiled.

"We still need Cha Eun Sang in one piece, so don't try to kill your head," Won-Bin joked.

"Yes, you don't worry, I am just upset after reading those comments from the internet," Shin-Hye spoke up.

"Why? About the kissing scene?" Won-Bin asked.

"Yes, it is kind of embarassing, I should have did better," Shin-Hye blamed herself.

"Ah, Shin-Hye, it is okey, don't blame yourself, you always did your best," Won-Bin tried to cheer her up. Just then, he catched Min-Ho passed by and Won Bin shouted, "Hyung, hyung, where are you heading to? I have been looking for you since afternoon,"

Min-Ho saw Shin-Hye and he turned to Won-Bin, "Oh, why? Why you are looking for me?"

"Actually, I just would like to arrange the party that you ask me about, we should discuss about the venue too," Won-Bin informed.

"Oh, of course, you could send me the details, Let's talk after the shooting," Min-Ho suggested.

"Alright," Won-Bin turned and saw Shin-Hye continued to click on her phone, totally ignored Min-Ho Oppa, while Min-Ho also just stand there holding the script and stared at her.

"Errr, are you guys having a fight?" Won-Bin turned to Min-Ho.

"What? Fight? No," he replied shortly.

Shin-Hye still silent, pretending not to hear anything.

"Of course we don't fight, she was like unpredicting weather, sometimes so hot but sometimes she drops to minus degree and make people shivers," Min-Ho added.

Shin-Hye turned her head and stared at Min-Ho Oppa, "You are wrong, I am not weather, at least I don't treat people like they are invisible. I don't get happy one day and turn moody the other day."

"What? Who is moody? When did I treat you as invisible?" Min-Ho urged.

"Oh, you guys just fight like a couple," Won-Bin sighed.

Wack, Shin-Hye landed her hand on Won-Bin's shoulder. Then she tried to walk away, but Min-Ho grabbed on her arm.

"Oh, ya, Kim Tan!" Shin-Hye shouted.

"Tell me then I will let you go," Min-Ho looked at Shin-Hye directly.

"No, you think it yourself, let me go," Shin-Hye struggled but Min-Ho still didn't let go of her.

"Don't make me do things that you will regret," Min-Ho challenged.

"Why? Are you try to scare me off?" Just before Shin-Hye could finish off the sentence, Min-Ho already dragged her towards the corridor.

"Oppa, let me go, I will kill you once I get off," Shin-Hye kicked him instead.

"Park Shin Hye, you..." Min-Ho was wincing over the pain and Shin-Hye already ran away from him.

Min-Ho ran after her and tried to grab her down, "Ya Cha Eun Sang, don't let me catch you,"

Shin-Hye ran as fast as she can, she ran along the corridor but Min-Ho Oppa came after her as fast as lightening too. She tried to pause herself when she saw the staff pushed the trolley fulled of the camera equipment towards her. Oh, she felt someone hold onto her arm and dragged her to the wall. It was a slight lucky escape, if not she could have bang into the trolley already. She looked up and saw Min-Ho looked at her intense. He stood too close to her, she could even smell his collogne. It was heavy but perfect to him.

"Are you hurt?" Min-Ho asked her.

"No, I am not," Shin-Hye replied.

"You should be careful, you could have fell down," Min-Ho warned.

"Emmm," Shin-Hye replied. It is only then she realized she had dropped her phone somewhere.

"Oh, where is my phone?" Shin-Hye tried to search around. Min-Ho saw Shin-Hye phone lying on the ground and picked it up.

Shin-Hye tapped on her screen but it showed nothing. She tried to switch it on but nothing come up. It might be broken.

"It is not working?" Min-Ho took the phone from her hand and checking. He took the phone battery out and placed it back again, nevertheless nothing seemed to work.

"I am sorry, if I didn't run after you, the phone might not drop to the floor," Min-Ho looked at Shin-Hye apologetically.

"It's okey, it is not your fault, I will send it over for some repair," Shin-Hye informed.

"Let me do that for you, since it started because of me," Min-Ho took the phone from Shin-Hye.

"Oppa, you don't need to do this," Shin-Hye protested.

"No, I want to do it, let me fix that," Min-Ho insisted.

 

Shin-Hye walked with the excitement as they would be filming the camping site today. The national forest located not too far from Seoul city, just an hour drive from the city. Most of the casts will be there, except Min-Ho Oppa. She saw Won-Bin and Min-Hyuk talked endlessly at the camp site, she walk non-chalently towards them.

"Oh, noona, you are here," Min-Hyuk greet her with smile.

"Yes, I just arrived, how are you? Your schedule is so hectic, I don't see you for such long time," Shin-Hye questioned.

"Yes, we have concert at the MNet, and also we will be having another one next week," Min-Hyuk explained.

"You are so busy, idol superstar," Shin-Hye joked.

"Oh, Won-Bin, how are you?" She turned towards Won-Bin.

"I'm fine and keep on reading the script, how are you, Shin-Hye?" Won-Bin feel concern since the last time he saw her was when she had a fight with Min-Ho and her handphone was end up broken.

"Me, I'm fine, as fine as rock today, hahaha," Shin-Hye laughed.

They will be shooting the paintball scene today. While waiting for the crew set up the scene, Shin-Hye took out her brand new Iphone and start to capture the moments. She climbed up the ATV motorsport and pretend to ride on the bike, she doesn't miss up selfie too.

"Oh, did you change your phone?" Won-Bin approached her while looking at the gold shining Iphone.

"Oh...yes.." she answered shortly, trying to cover up the behind story of the phone.

"Iphone 5s, the one similar with Min-Ho Hyung?" Won-Bin asked again.

Shin-Hye nodded silently and voiced up, "Won-Bin, can you take a video of me?"

"Of course," Won-Bin took the phone from Shin-Hye and helped to take a video of herself ride on the ATV. 

Shin-Hye smiled vividly to the camera and remembered the night when Jun-Oppa gave her a box that wrapped up with brownish toned wrapping paper. Her first guess was that probably a present from her Starlight Angels. However Jun-Oppa insist her to open the box and find out herself who was the sender, and he then excused himself from the dressing room since he would need some nicotine aanyway. Shin-Hye curiously tear opened the wrapping paper and saw the Macintosh logo on the box.

"Oh? Woaha, did they give me a phone as present," Shin-Hye muttered to herself.

She carefully opened the box and saw the a piece of white paper folded into two on top of the phone. There was a single lines from the messy handwriting:

Call me once you receive this, Min-Ho.

Shin-Hye looked at the Iphone and read the line over again. 

"Call me once you receive this, Min-Ho."

Shin-Hye switched the new phone on and surprisingly Min-Ho Oppa already transferred all her previous phone memory and data to new phone. She clicked on the contact and dialled to Min-Ho Oppa.

"What is this, Oppa?" Shin-Hye fired her curiousity.

"I expect a sweet thank you instead, Shin-Hye can't you even express your thanks or ask me how am I first?" Min-Ho brushed it off.

"Of course you are fine, I just meet you 1 hour ago and what is this Oppa? Why are you giving me the phone," Shin-Hye questioned.

"Because I want to," Min-Ho cut her shortly. Min-Ho figured out that he should send the present to Shin-Hye after their shooting instead since if he would have gave her personally, she would probably decline.

"Oh, just because you want to, it doesn't mean I have to accept it, furthermore it is expensive for me to take it," Shin-Hye gave all the excuse that she could.

They end up chatting continuosly over the phone about the surprised present whereby Min-Ho Oppa reasoning himself that she also did gave him the brand name shirt too that almost cost nearly to the price of the phone. Shin-Hye couldn't refuse the present and she end up opened up a little why she felt left up due to Min-Ho Oppa's hot and cold attitude. Min-Ho almost giggled when he heard that Shin-Hye sulked up because he didn't response to her and replied to her. He said he had a mind that was so full of everything, so he did not purposely acted on that. He also did touched on why Shin-Hye acted so carelessly with all the boys around. They end up pausing the conversation when Shin-Hye asked him whether he was jealous, Shin-Hye suddenly find the escape goat when Jun-Oppa knocked on the door and request her to rush over. Shin-Hye smiled over the phone when Min-Ho said nothing and only wish her good night.

Her phone vibrate and she read:

Min-Ho: Good night and have a good rest.

Shin-Hye typed a quick reply:

Thank you :)