Chapter 8 - Impossibility

Love at Shot

"This is the main conflict of these two that we should build up," Kang-PD stressed out the main point.

"Of course, we should also highlight Choi Young-Do standpoint to Cha Eun-Sang, we need to show to audience that he like her for the sake of first love because the feeling may bring conflict whether Choi Young-Do does this as a revenge to Kim Tan," Kim Eun-Sook writer-nim poured out her main ideas.

"But to make out the kissing scene between these two is really risky, we could have audience turn off over Cha Eun-Sang," Choi PDnim added up.

As the atmosphere of the discussion became heavy, Kim Tan finally arrived at the trailer. He slightly bowed and greeted the PD-nim and writer-nim, then seated himself comfortably next to Kang-PDnim.

"You just arrive on the right time, Kim Tan," Choi-PDnim looked over Kim Tan for some help.

"Oh, I heard you need to see me for a quick hurdles, so do I miss anything?" Min-Ho voiced out.

"Yes, you see we are in the midst of decision on Cha Eun-Sang character. We need to show how much Choi-Young Do feel for Cha-Eun-Sang, so I came up with the scenario where two of them should have a kiss. However, PD-nim is not agree as it will be too risky for Cha Eun-Sang image that we build up so far," Kim Eun-Sook explained deliberately.

"Kiss? On the lips?" Min-Ho questioned.

"Yes, on the lips, Choi Young-Do will need to show Cha Eun-Sang how much he feel for her, the kiss will show that he care for her and like her sincerely," she continued again.

Min-Ho shifted uncomfortably on his seat, he looked over at the PD-nim who also stared at him, "I do think that it will be a big risk on Cha Eun Sang character itself. And the kiss will be too extreme way to show how much Choi Young-Do feel for Cha Eun-Sang."

PD-nim listened attentively to Min-Ho explanation. He gave out idea on how Young-Do could show the audience how much he likes Cha Eun-Sang.

Kang-PDnim smiled at Choi-PDnim, Choi-PDnim tilted his head and whispered to Kang-PDnim, "I told you there is something going on with these two."

"Just be quite, before he hear us," Kang-PD nim warned.

Since Kim Tan and PD-nim against the kissing scene between Eun-Sang and Young-Do, writer-nim agreed to change the scenario accordingly.

"Kim Eun-Sook Shii, you should also include the kiss scene between Kim Tan and Cha Eun Sang, the previous rooftop kiss was such a conflict," Choi-PDnim said.

"Yes, Kim Tan and Eun-Sang should have their own kissing scene too," Kang-PDnim voiced out.

Min-Ho shyly smiled and excused himself from the discussion, since to discuss on how the kiss scene between Cha Eun-Sang and himself should be carried out was a little awkward. He will leave that to writer-nim herself to figure out. He was asked to attend a few of these discussion since writer-nim would like to incorporate Min-Ho own ideas to portray Kim Tan character and that's was the reason why she hesitated to change the flow of Cha Eun Sang character towards Young-Do, she was at guess that the possessiveness of Kim Tan certainly would not let this scenario happen, however Kim Eun-Sook Shii wonder if in real life Park Shin Hye need to act out the kissing scene with her another male lead, what Lee Min Ho would do since it would be out of his control.

 

Shin-Hye walked into the restaurant, carefully following Min-Ho Oppa footsteps. He seemed to be in good mood today and announced that he will treat them dinner. The hot porridge soup is perfect dinner for this cold weather. Shin-Hye seated herself next to Min-Hyuk and followed by other staffs. The restaurant was almost empty after the dinner hour. Shin-Hye looked over at the menu and turned to Min-Hyuk, "What will you order?"

"Hmmm, I will have the beef porridge, what will you have hyung?" Min-Hyuk looked at Min-Ho.

"They have this famous porridge, you should have this," Min-Ho suggested.

They ate heartily over the dinner that Min-Ho Oppa suggested. They will continue the shoot again tomorrow morning. Shin-Hye chatted joyfully with Min-Hyuk over the CNBlue concert that she missed out since her friends decide that they should watch TVXQ concert instead. She felt her phone's vibration and took it off and she was glad that it is her bestfriend's call.

Shin-Hye made the cute face and pouted , "Hello,..Ya....Do you still alive? How could you just left me out like that? Oh?........"

Shin-Hye paused her chatting and listened attentively, she continued, "Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that. I thought you guys are so happy together. Really, I will kill him for you, friend. Me? I'm having dinner now. Oh... Oh, good-bye, take care,"

Min-Hyuk turned to Shin-Hye,"Who?"

"Soo-Young...she is having bad times now, I wish I could be there next to her," Shin-Hye explained.

"Why? What happen to her?" Min-Hyuk curiously asking.

"She had a bad break up with her boyfriend, but I bet you they will get back in 1 week time, she keep doing same things for over a year now, she got into this argument and end up crying in my room for 3 days in a row, then get back with her boyfriend, ah, this is irritating, all the men are the same rascal," Shin-Hye frustrated after hearing the crying voice from her bestfriend.

"How could you say that. Not all men are like that," Min-Ho defended.

"Oppa, I didn't mean all men, just most of them, they are so selfish kind of human being," Shin-Hye voiced out.

"Then tell your bestfriend to break up with him, why continue to suffer by being with him," Min-Ho suggested.

"Oppa, she did, that's why she is crying now, I wish I could be there," Shin-Hye silently said.

"It is still early, you still have few hours before midnight, why don't you meet up with her?" Min-Ho Oppa suggested.

"Oh, I think I will do that," Shin-Hye said while getting herself ready to leave.

"Which area does she stay?" Min-Ho asked.

"Mapo-gu," Shin-Hye replied.

"Really? It is close by my place, let me send you over there," Min-Ho suggested.

"Really, I won't be trouble you?" Shin-Hye hesitated.

"No of course not, it is on the way to my place," Min-Ho insisted that she could car-pooling with him to her destination.

Shin-Hye smiled and informed that she will let Jun-Oppa know, so that he could bring her stylist unnis home. Shin-Hye walked towards Min-Ho Oppa black luxurious looking Mercedes-Benz spinter. She stepped into the comfort looking vehicle and sat herself next to the heavily tinted window. Min-Ho Oppa informed the man sat in front to bring them over to Mapo area and the rest detail direction Shin-Hye will be showing to him. They remained silent during the long drive, not sure whether it is because of the driver in front that made Min-Ho Oppa quite nervous whether he could hear what being said between them and inform to his manager. Jun-Oppa and Manager Hyun were eyeing him suspiciously when he said he will be the one to drop Shin-Hye off at her friend house. Are they not trusting me? he thought.

To break the silence, Min-Ho spoke the first words, "Will you be staying overnight there?"

Shin-Hye turned herself to Min-Ho, "No, I don't think so I could, since tomorrow shoot is quite early, I think I will be accompany her for a while, make sure she sleep in, then I will go home,"

Min-Ho lost himself while looking at Shin-Hye pale white face that shine in the darkness like a moon on the dark sky, he recomposed himself when Shin-Hye tugged him and asked him whether he fell asleep, "Oh, then how will you go back home? Don't tell me you will take cab?"

"Hmmm, I think I will do that, I can't call Jun-Oppa in the middle of midnight, he is already tired during the shoot," Shin-Hye confessed since she doesn't have any other choice.

"Ah, but the taxi is too dangerous. I will pick you up then." Min-Ho Oppa suggested.

"What? No, you don't need to do that, you already send me here, I will go back myself," Shin-Hye declined since she feel she could be a burdensome to Min-Ho Oppa.

"I can't let you take cab home, I will pick you up," Min-Ho Oppa gave his final words and Shin-Hye was too tired to protest and agreed with the conditions that she would treat him to dinner later.

 

Shin-Hye was listening to her friend's laments and cursing about her ex-boyfriend, she patiently listened but her head can't stop playing Min-Ho Oppa words "I will pick you up" and "I will fix for you". She felt that he was being so nice to her that she sometimes mistakenly thought that maybe he could labor any feelings towards her. Shin-Hye rubbed her forehead and can't conclude on what is happening between them. She couldn't even think that Min-Ho Oppa could be liking her since she was so out of his league. Eunnie showed her once the picture of Min-Ho Oppa with his latest model girlfriend, the girl is so beautiful with a body that to die for. Shin-Hye was so jealous while looking at the picture both of them dancing at the club. Since Eunnie was closed with Min-Ho Oppa stylist, she also heard that how girls or women could easily offered themselves to Min-Ho Oppa. He was never left lonely since he tends to be the main target of the women around. Shin-Hye left out a heavy sigh and straighten herself. She gave Soo-Young the headache pill and she gradually fell asleep after she swallowed the pill. Shin-Hye was glad that Min-Young, her another bestfriend will stop by Soo-Young house later on.

Shin-Hye still hesitated whether she need to inform Min-Ho Oppa that she is ready to go back home. She must clear her doubtful mind since she could be misunderstanding Min-Oppa good intentions. Shin-Hye walked out to the street and decided to haul a cab back home.

She quickly typed a message to Min-Ho Oppa, "Oppa, I just arrived home. Thank you very much for your offer to send me home but I couldn't let myself to trouble you. Thank you and good night."

Few seconds passed and her phone vibrated.

Shin Hye: Hello

Min-Ho: Why? You could have call me. It is midnight now, it is so dangerous for you to take cab home alone.

Shin-Hye: It is okey. I am home anyway. 

Min-Ho: You should have call me. Why don't you call me?

Shin-Hye couldn't make up any excuses and to be frank that she would like to distance herself from him was so embarrasing. Furthermore she can't keep those thoughts about her liking him or he liking her, to spend more time with him would make her more confuse. She ended up telling him that she was so tired and could be asleep anytime soon while talking to him. Min-Ho Oppa wished her good night and ended the call briefly.

Shin-Hye played up the memories that she remembered while they spent time together. She flipped through her diaries pages and read throughly her handwriting that described the sweet and sour that she felt while filming at LA. She was still pretty much confused with her own feelings because she is not certain whether it is an influence from the Cha Eun-Sang and Kim Tan character or it is her real Park Shin Hye feeling. She will deal with that once they finish off the shooting. What she could have done at this moment was to stay focus on her role and clear up her minds from Min-Ho Oppa.

 

Shin-Hye rested her head at the seat, she closed her eyes and imagining the scenes that were described by writer-nim. She gripped tightly over the episode 14 script. She still can't get over the kiss that they filmed last week, the netizens called that donut-kiss. The scene went beautifully and Kang-PDnim was so satisfied that it came out prettily. However the after-effect of that scene left her with shivery feeling. She was doing great for these past 2 weeks on concentrating on her role and script. She minimized her cheekiness towards everyone else, which include Min-Ho Oppa. She treats him professionally and mainly focused on her character. However after the donut-kiss, she can't stop laughing looking at Min-Ho Oppa cute expression.

He was so adorable and said, "Eun-Sang, I won't bite you, I will just bite the donut,"

He smirked and continue to bent his body towards Shin-Hye, Shin-Hye jerked her body towards the opposite side, try to stay away from his closeness. Nevertheless, Shin-Hye held the shy smile and looking fondly at Min-Ho. She hold the donut and acting out that she is eating the donut while Min-Ho Oppa will suddenly bite the other end of the donut. They end up giggling together after the rehearsal. After Kang-PDnim shouted "action", Shin-Hye muttered out her lines as what was written on the script. She bite on the donut and Min-Ho Oppa suddenly turn himself towards her and bite at the other end. Shin-Hye was surprised since Min-Ho Oppa came so close towards her that their nose was touching at the point that their lips almost kiss for real. Shin-Hye jerked away and gave him a good slap on his arm. Remembering the scene still made Shin-Hye smile and shivered at the same time, Min-Ho Oppa surely could leave the nervous effect on her everytime they act out the cheesy scenes. No wonder he had un-ending rumours with his female lead on each of his drama projects, she thought. Min-Ho Oppa is so playful and he could lift up the atmosphere of the shooting, on the other side he is so professional and taking his acting seriusly. Of course, any sane girl will fall in love with him, hai.

Krystal walked towards Shin-Hye while Shin-Hye sat on the bench at the dressing room, she greet, "Unni, are you busy?"

"No, I'm just memorizing my lines for tonight shooting," Shin-Hye looked at her.

"Yes, you are having the kissing scene tonight," Krystal added up.

"Yes, I will have this passionate kiss scene with Kim Tan at Bo-Na and Chan-Young reunion party, oh, Rachel will kiss Ha-Neul too," Shin-Hye almost laughed out loud thinking Ha-Neul face.

"What is this? I'm so jealous with Cha Eun-Sang, you get to kiss Min-Ho Oppa again," Krystals made her pout face.

"Jealous?" Shin-Hye surprised to hear that as she doesn't know Krystals is Min-Ho Oppa fan too.

"Yes, it is always Cha Eun-Sang, Cha Eun-Sang, Kim Tan, Cha Eun-Sang, and all the skinship with you two have make us really jealous," Krystal confessed since she can't stop her jealousy looking at Shin-Hye unni with Min-Ho Oppa. 

"Us? Who is "us"?" Shin-Hye giggled.

"Our member, my friends who keep asking me how is Kim Tan, ask me how is Kim Tan in real life, ask me whether he has girlfriend in real life, ohhhhhh....." Krystals let out the sigh.

Shin-Hye laughed, "They are really hardcore fans, what they say about Cha Eun-Sang?"

"You won't want to hear that, they scream and throw the pillow towards the TV and shout, "Moya?!!", Krystal acted out the frustrated face.

"What? Do they hate Cha Eun-Sang that much? What should I do?" Shin-Hye made the scare face.

"Unni, tell me the truth, Min-Ho Oppa has girlfriend? I heard he is courted by so many celebrities," Krystal informed.

"I really don't know, it just... I never ask him about that," Shin-Hye confessed.

"I heard that Min Ho Oppa only has his eyes on her, they still keep in touch and seem close after all those scandals" Krystal whispered silently to Shin-Hye.

"Oh? Really?" Shin-Hye shocked to hear the surprise news that Min-Ho Oppa still keep in touch and very close to his ex-girlfriend. She wonder what make them break up at first place, it must be hard for both of them.

As they chit- chatting joyfully over their male casts, Won-Bin and Min-Ho Oppa entered into the dressing room. Since the other dressing rooms were occupied by other celebrities from other TV shows, they had to share one dressing room between themselves for this scene.

Krystal whispered to Shin-Hye, "I told you Won-Bin Oppa is taller than Min-Ho Oppa, but Min-Ho Oppa is much more good looking,"

Krystal end up giggling while Won-Bin looked at her curiously, "What are you gossiping about? About us?"

Krystal looked at Shin-Hye and said, "Actually we were talking about the girlfriends that you guys had?"

Min-Ho and Won-Bin looked at Shin-Hye unbelievably, "What? Girlfriend?"

Shin-Hye felt all eyes were on her and she deniably waved both of her hand and said, "Ya, this is not my idea, Jung Soo Jung! You!"

"Eun-Sang, which girlfriend that you are talking about? Since Min-Ho Oppa has many of them, but I only have one and only," Won-Bin made the winning face.

Shin-Hye looked at Min-Ho Oppa and said, "We didn't even talked any bad things about Park Min-Young Shii, serius, we just casually talk about how your hardcore fans react to the scene,"

Won-Bin almost burst out laughing while listen to Shin-Hye white lie, "Oh, hyung, the kids are curious on your bachelor status since the rumours of you and your girlfriends are never stop, let clear things up, hyung,"

"Why you have to drag Min-Young into this, she is my close friend, nothing more than that, and don't be curious on my bachelor status, I can't put a signboard that I'm single and available all the time," Min-Ho Oppa smirked at Shin-Hye and Won-Bin.

Krystal let out a giggle and said, "Oppa, do you know we heard that there are so many girls trying to hit on you,"

"Really? It is not that many, only a few on them," Min-Ho gave a shy smile.

"Woaha! Daebak. Cha Eun-Sang, do you see now how precious Young-Do is? He only has eyes on you," Won-Bin made the puppy face.

Shin-Hye laughed out loud and said, "You are the one not available here, Young-Do, set your eyes at the right place before I report on you,"

"Me? How about you Park Shin-Hye? I heard your room always filled with roses on Saturday because he never stop send you fresh rose on each Saturday," Won-Bin blurted out.

"Ya, keep your mouth shut! It must be Jong-Hyun, he must has betray me on you," Shin-Hye got angry.

"What roses on Saturday? Unni?" Krystal got curious.

Min-Ho looked at the smirking Won-Bin and Shin-Hye who made the warning face, she must has receive a few proposals from the guys around her. He never asked her whether she is single since she does look like she is single and available. He is now regret that he should make the early steps but he still wish to observe her longer in order to make sure his feeling. He want to has the proper relationship like another normal couple which he never had experience it. His previous few relationships always get mixed up with his career, his fans and his business. 

Min-Ho voiced out disapprovingly, "What secret that you guys had that cannot tell?"

"Oh hyung, you see sometimes Park Shin-Hye Shii looks so next-door-kind-of-girl but you will surprise if you know how many guys have been running behind her, while she is smiling sweetly to them and treat them as friend," Won-Bin made his first attack.

"Ya Won-Bin, which news that Jong-Hyun told you? Well I get the roses but I still don't know who is the sender, it look like you know more than me, so who send that?" Shin-Hye looked at Won-Bin questioningly.

"Song Jong-Ki," Won-Bin blurted out.

"Ya, Jong-Ki Oppa is my sunbae ya, why he send me roses secretly?" Shin-Hye defended.

"But Jong-Hyun said that Song Jong-Ki is chasing after you for who-knows-how-many-years, of course he send that, if not, who could it be?" Won-Bin said.

"Won-Bin, how you know so many things about unni ya? Song Jong-Ki chase unni? Woaha daebak!" Krystal made the unbelievable face.

"He is very close with Jong-Hyun, Yong Hwa, and they gossip about me a lot," Shin-Hye smiled.

Min-Ho frowned while listening to Won-Bin and Shin-Hye conversation. Song Jong-Ki was trying to chase Shin-Hye? It was a close call since Shin-Hye was supposed to star in the drama project with Song Jong-Ki but she got persuaded by Kim Eun-Sook Shii to act in their drama project instead. If Kim Eun Sook Shii didn't insist that Park Shin Hye should be the leading lady in their drama, they could have go to another options instead. He wished to know more on how their relationship been going on since Song Jong-Ki enlisted into the military recently. 

 

"Shin-Hye, Shin-Hye, wake up" Eunnie tried to wake up the sleeping Shin-Hye.

"Oh, unni, do my turn arrive?" Shin-Hye rubbed her eyes and rised up.

"Shin-Hye, Kang-PD was looking for you, I heard Min-Ho Shii is changing the kissing scene," Eunnie reported.

"Huh? Changing? Kissing scene?" Shin-Hye shocked.

"Oh, I heard he had a cold and it may not convenient to shot kissing scene tonight, but he suggest for a kiss on the forehead instead," Eunnie added.

Shin-Hye remain silent as Min-Ho Oppa didn't discuss anything with her and she felt quite terrible to hear the changing of scene from Eunnie instead of Min-Ho Oppa himself. She must has a terrible acting on kissing scene that made Min-Ho Oppa decided to change the scene himself at last minute without prior discussion with her. Shin-Hye felt bad but still remain professional and inform Eunnie to touch up her make up and tie up her hair for the upcoming scene.