Chapter 6

My True Self

Baekhyun's POV

I looked at Chanyeol, who was putting his bags on the ground. I was so excited to get to know him better!

"So, Chanyeol, do you want me to show you around my house first?"

"Sure!" he grinned, "and, where am i going to be sleeping?"

I thought for a moment. We had a spare room but i wanted Chanyeol to sleep in my room.

"You can sleep on my bed, and i can sleep on the floor" i said.

I thought i saw an anxious expression on his face but when i looked again it was gone.

Chanyeol's POV

He gave me a tour of his house and i met his mom too. She seemed really nice and i could tell she truly loved Baekhyun. I'd forgotten how much Baekhyun draws out the real side of me and i knew i would have to cut at least once to last until tomorow. Cutting is how i relieve all my pain. 

I was worried about sleeping in Baekhyun's room because i normally woke up screaming from my nightmares. I shouldn't have come here. No matter how much i want to avoid my mother's punishments, i was risking Baekhyun finding out about my secret.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

After we played some video games, it was around 12, and time to get ready for bed. For me, it was also time to cut.

"Hey, Baekhyun, can i have a shower now?"

"Sure, here's the bathroom."

He led me to a bathroom and then went back to watch TV. I quickly went to his room and got my knives out of my bag. I went to the bathroom and the shower so he would think i was showering.I stood in front of the mirror and looked at my reflection. I'm so ugly. Even with my fake personality, i didn't understand how other people liked me. I lifted up my shirt and looked at the scars there. They were the only beautiful part of me. I took out one of my favourite knives and cut a few shallow lines on my stomach. I closed my eyes as i cut deeper and deeper and groaned as i felt the pain melt everything away.

 Baekhyun's POV

I sighed, my eyes trained on the TV.There was nothing good on and i was bored. I got up and headed to my room to look for something else to do. As i passed by the bathroom i heard the shower running. I froze when i heard groaning over the sound of the shower. I blushed bright red. He couldn't be... could he? No, he wouldn't do that. I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt until i heard him hiss in what seemed like pain.Why would he be in pain? What is he doing in there? I paced outside the bathroom, wondering whether or not i should ask him what was going on. Eventually, curiosity got the better of me.

"Chanyeol, are you ok?"

No answer

"Chanyeol?"

When he didn't reply again, i got worried and decided to see what was wrong. I opened the door as quietly as possible and poked my head in. I had my eyes ready to shut, half expecting to see Chanyeol , but when i saw him my eyes widened and my jaw dropped. Is that a knife he's holding?! I suddenly noticed the scars on his stomach and my eyes widened even more. Don't tell me he did that to himself. With his eyes closed, he moved the knife to his stomach, cutting a long red line. I nearly shrieked but managed to get out and close the door behind me. I sat down on the couch, my knees weak with shock.Why would Chanyeol self harm? He was always so happy, he was the the happy virus! Unless... it was fake? I decided not to tell Chanyeol i knew and instead examine his every action to see if he really was fake.

Chanyeol's POV

I stepped out of the bathroom after cleaning up and got ready to face Baekhyun. I was sure i could keep my facade up until tomorow. I went to the living room and sat beside him.

"Hey!"

He jumped. For some reason, he seemed really pale. 

"Oh, h-hey Chanyeol.. so do you wanna go to sleep now?"

"Uh, ok" That's weird. I would've thought Baekhyun was the type of person who wanted to stay up till the morning in sleepovers.

He looked at my smile and i felt like he was studying it. But why would he do that?

We both got up and went to his room. I got in his bed and he went on his air matress. I stared up at the ceiling, trying to stay still, knowing i would have a nightmare, and trying to think of an excuse if i woke Baehyun up with my screaming.

Baekhyun's POV

I could tell Chanyeol was asleep because his body was so still. I thought about what i'd seen. I still couldn't believe it. I thought i liked him cause of his happy personailty, but even knowing he might be fake, i still felt the same strong connection with him. I sighed. I'll think about this later. I closed my eyes and quickly fell asleep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N hey! This is baekamazingness:) It's thundering really bad right now and my dog is going crazy so i wrote this up really fast. sorry for any mistakes, i'll fix them later. Thanks for reading!:)