Chapter 15

My True Self

Baekhyun's POV

It's Monday morning and i quickly run up the stairs to school, looking behind my back as i pant. I'd tried to leave early this morning so i could avoid Chanyeol but he was already right behind me. Damn his long legs.

"Baekhyun!" he called, running towrds me

My breath caught and i ran inside the school, going straight to the bathroom and locking myself in a cubicle. I heard the dorr open and footsteps walk in.

"Baekhyun?" Chanyeol called

I held my breath and tried to stay as quiet as possible

"I know you're in here" (A/N guys i'm not trying to make this a horror movie ok)

I didn't answer

"Come on, why don't you wanna talk?"

Because you'll ask me i kissed yo and if i tell you the truth you'll hate me!

He sighed when i didn't answer.

"I just want to-"

The bell ran, cutting him off.

He waited a moment, sighed again and finally left.

I breathed a sigh of relief. Thank goodness, i thought he was never going to leave. I have to avoid him. It's better if he doesn't know anything than if he hates me. Jeez, is he even gay? I slowly unlocked the door and started trudging off to class

---

As the bell rang for recess i quickly stood up, knocking over my chair, and ran out of the classroom. I'd already packed food from home and i hurried to the bathroom. I locked myself in a cubicle and ate my recess, hoping Chanyeol wouldn't try to find me.

In classes i had with Chanyeol, i came as late as possible, sat as far away from him as i could and was out the door the second the bell rang, I ate my lunch in the bathroom as well and though Chanyeol came to try and talk to me, i kept my mouth shut and he eventually left.

I did this for a few days and even though it was unrealistic, i promised myself i would do this for the rest of my school life. Somehow, i would make sure Chanyeol never found out the truth.

---

On Thursday, i was peacefully eating my lunch in the cubicle i had taken as my own when someone said my name.

"Baekhyun" 

I thought Chanyeol had finally given up!

"Baekhyun, why are you acting like this!?" the voice sounded angry and i realized it was Luhan. He's been such a good friend to me.

"I'm sorry Luhan" i said.

There was a pause. "Don't you know how much you're hurting Chanyeol?! I don't know what happened between yo two but at least come out and TALK to him about it instead of hiding in the bathroom like a baby! Just come out already!"

I stared at the floor. He was right. Of course he was. I should just go and talk to Chanyeol but i couldn't take it if he hated me!

I slowly unlocked the door. As it swung open i looked at Luhan.

"Can't you tell him i'm sorry for me?" i asked

"But why can't you tell him yourself?! I dont get it! What happened?!" he shouted

Halfway through that, a guy had walked in."Uh...sorry" he said and scurried back out the door.

I sighed and grabbed Luhan's arm, pulling him out of the bathroom and towards the library. When we got there, we sat down at a secluded table in the corner. His angry expression had turned into a confused one.

"Why are we here?" he asked

"I'm explaining everything, ok?" i snapped

"ok ok, go on"

"Well, you know i like Chanyeol right?"

He smiled brightly. Aish this kid, so bipolar. "Of course! You two would be SO cu-"

"Anyway," i interrupted, "On Sunday, after we left Kyungsoo's house, we went to a cafe because it had started raining-"

"Like a DATE?! OMG THAT'S SO-"

"NO. And then we walked home and i just felt really weird like i couldn't contain all my feels and i was gonna explode unicorns or some-" oh my god it was the food. Wait, what?

"So? So what happened!" Luhan cried

I gave him a glare. "Shut. Up."

He looked down. "Sorry"

I sighed. "So... i kissed him"

There was a pause. Until Luhan started screaming

"OMG ARE YOU SERIOUS?! THAT IS SO CUTE!!! HOW DID HE REACT! WAIT, DID YOU USE TONGUE?!?!?!!?" 

The librarian looked over to us and frowned, putting a finger over her lips to tell us to be quiet.

" Sorry" i called to the librarian

"WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?! OF COURSE WE DID NOT USE TONGUE. AND I DON'T KNOW HOW HE REACTED, I RAN AWAY STRAIGHT AFTER!" i whisper/shouted at Luhan

"Oh." he said, disapointed.

"But... i think he must hate me" i said sadly

"No way, i'm sure he likes you too!

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, right. He's probably not even gay. I probably KISSED A STRAIGHT GUY. That is so embarrasing."

His eyes widened. "Are you BLIND?! He's as straight as a CIRCLE."

"Sure sure"

Luhan's POV

"Sure sure" he said sarcastically.

I frowned. He obviously wasn't going to believe Chanyeol liked him anytime soon.I must do something to get them together!But i can't do it by myself, who should i- KYUNGSOO!!

"Bye Baekhyun!" i called as i left the library.

Baekhyun's POV

I watched as Luhan frowned and sank deep in thought. Suddenly he sat straight up in his chair, looking like he'd just won the Jackpot. I almost expected him to scream "Eureka!"

"Bye Baekhyun!" he called as he dashed out of the library

WTF? He didn't even tell me where he's going! I shook my head. Typical Luhan.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

[ At the same time all that stuff happened]

Kyungsoo's POV

I sat with Chanyeol at the lunch table, wondering where Luhan had just disappeared to.

"So Chanyeol" i started. "What happened with you and Baekhyun anyway?"

Chanyeol answered sadly, "He kissed me"

I gasped. "What?! But that's great!"

"Yeah, i thought so too. But i guess not. By how much he's been working JUST to avoid me, he probably didn't mean anything by it."

What type of messed up logic is that?

"How can someone kiss you, and not mean anything by it?!"

Chanyeol shrugged lifelessly. ""Why has he been avoiding me then?"

"Maybe because he's shy, is scared you're going to reject him, you know, something like that

"He shook his head and took a deep breath. "No, he just doesn't like me"

I sighed internally. He wasn't going to believe me no matter what i said. I should ask Luhan to hlp!

"I'm going to the toilet"

" 'Kay" he mumbled.

I got up and ran outside. I wasn't looking where i was going and bumped into someone hard. I groaned at my painful head and looked up.

"Luhan!"

"Kyungsoo!" we both exclaimed at the same time.

"We need to talk" i said

"Yep" he agreed.

We went to the library and he checked if Baekhyun was there before we went in.

"You start" he said

"Ok, well, do you know what happened with Baek and Yeol?"

"Yes! On Sunday-'

"Don;t worry, i know too. I'm pretty sure Baekhyun likes Chanyeol"

"He does, he told me"

"Wait, really?! Chanyeol told me he liked Baekhyun!

He gasped "Seriously?! When did he tell you?!"

"A while ago..."

"Same"

"Wow, we've known this entire time..."

Suddenly i realized that meant he'd kept a secret from me for this long.

"From now on, let's not keep any secrets from each other!" i said

"Deal" he answered as we shook hands

"Now, let's devise our plan to get Baekyeol together!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chanyeol's POV

It's already been a while and Kyungsoo wasn't back yet. Why is he taking so long? I should go check on him. 

I got up and headed to the bathroom. Suddenly i noticed Baekhyun outside the door, probably just about to go in. Baekhyun's not hiding! I ran forward and grabbed his wrist. He yelped and turned to me, his eyes widening.

"Baekhyun! Why are you avoiding me! Can't we just talk?" i exclaimed

He seemed frozen, his shocked eyes looking up at me

"Oh, uh, Chanyeol. Hey. Uhhh.... Look, about that...kiss...uh, it must've been the food at that crazy guy's cafe or something, you know..."

All my hopes vanished and i could feel my heart breaking.

"So you don't like me?

He laughed nervously "Haha...where would you get that idea..."

I guess it's just a one sided love then. 

"Huh?" he said.

Oh , did i say that out loud?!

"Uh N-nothing!" i stammered.

His eyes widened

"Wait, Chanyeol, do you... like me?" 

"No" i lied, looking down at the ground, playing with my shirt. When i looked up Baekhyun looked... somewhat disapointed.

"Yes! Okay? Yes, i like you."

His eyes brightened a little and he smiled. "So do i!"

".....so, you like yourself?" I was confused.

He laughed. "No pabo, i like you!"

Oh... MY GOD WHAT.

And then all i could register was that he was kissing me, his arms wrapped around my neck and somehow my hands had gone to his waist.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" we heard a voice scream

 I looked around and i saw a boy running away blushing before i noticed Luhan and Kyungsoo watching us. Luhan looked traumatised and Kyungsoo was smiling.

"So you guys confessed?" he asked

When we nodded he said

"That's great! We spent a while coming up with a plan to get you two together but i think it's better this way."

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN, A WHILE?!?!? WE BASICALLY SPENT HALF OUR LIVES ON THIS!!! IT WAS THE BEST PLAN IN THE WHOLE WORLD! IT COULD'VE WON AWARDS!! BUT NO, YOU GUYS JUST HAD TO BE SELFISH AND CONFESS BEHIND OUR BACKS, LIKE YOU DON'T EVEN CARE-"

"Stop being so dramatic, Lu. Just be happy for them" Kyungsoo scolded

"But it was such a good PLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN" he wailed.

"What even was the plan anyway?" i asked, still shocked over the kiss and not really comprehending what was happening.

Kyungsoo looked at Luhan. He sniffled and answered quietly, "To force you guys on a date"

"I'm sorry, what?"

"TO FORCE YOU GUYS ON A DATE."

I cackled with laughter. 

"OMG, that... was your grand plan?!" i said between breaths.

Luhan frowned at me. "HEY! It's a good plan, ok!"

"Yeah, ok, whatever" Kyungsoo said, "Jeez Luhan, you attention , our best friends just became a couple!" He looked at us. "Right?"

I looked at Baekhun and smiled at him. He turned to Kyungsoo and said "Yes "

And it was probably just me, but suddenly unicorns and rainbows popped out everywhere and made a heart-shaped kaleidoscope around us and it was definitely NOT the food from the cafe.

---------------------------------------------------------

A/N idek what to say about this chapter. I just ran out of ideas and had no idea what to write!! That's probably why it's so bad i'm sorry :(

But the next one is written by howtotrainyourkris so it'll be better ok don't unsubscribe coz this chapter ;-;