Chapter 13

My True Self

CHANYEOL'S POV

I felt like a massive load had benn lifted off me after I let the cat out of the bag on Baekhyun. Finally, I didn't have to hide from him anymore, I didn't need a facade, I could just be myself. I also found it much easier to smile now, probably because I felt like a better person now. It was Sunday, and I had asked Baekhyun if he'd wanted to meet up at the mall for lunch. Thankfully, he had said yes, which meant I could get away from my mother for a while.

It was 11 o'clock, and I had agreed to meet Baekhyun AT the mall at 11. I was running late, Since I had run all they way from home, I was puffed and out of breath when I arrived. As I was about to come to a stop, a figure came charging out in front of me and we both crash landed. We both lay there for a while, seeing stars, until I got up on my feet and apologised while helping the other up. His touch felt familiar, and as he looked up, I realised that he was Baekhyun. We stared at each other awlwardly for a few seconds before bursting into laughter so loud that all passersby turned to look. 

We decided to enter a sushi resstaurant, to vary the cuisine that we ate, since we usually ate korean food. We walked into the back of the restaurant, and sat down at a table by a window, that looked down onto the street.

"So how has life at home been?" Baekhyun asked

I sighed softly, hoping that he wouldn't hear it. "It was great! I loved it!", I found myself lying to him again. But he didn't fall for it this time.

"You hated it didn't you?"

"Yep"

He put his hand on my arm, "You don't have to pretend any more. I get you"

I smiled, as the waitress came around with witha notebook and pen.

"What would you like to order?" She asked kindly.

"I'll take a miso soup and crab salad thanks", Baekhyun ordered. Then both eyes turned to me.

I hesitated. "Oh, uh, I guess I'll order some tuna and caviar sushi rolls and deep fried tofu cakes then", I said, handing the menus back to her.

She smiled. "Your food will be ready soon!"

I poured us both a cold glass of water. Baekhyun looked up suddenly. 

"So Kyungsoo and Luhan, do they know?"

I shook my head. "Not even the slightest bit".

Baekhyun looked shocked. "How come, Didn't you know them since the start of senior high?"

"Yes, but they were already best friends, I felt like I couldn't really relate to them. I was always, you know, left out", I murmured the last few words, while taking a large sip of water.

He sighed and shook his head too. "Life can can't it?"

I nodded. I knew that better than anyone.

"So are you allowed to play guitar at home?" He continued to inquire.

"Yeah, but if I don't keep it down my mother and Kris always come and tell me to shut up."

"I sing a lot. Especially since our family holds a history of cancer. It's a tradition that we sing out in the streets or sing at charities to raise money for treatment. By singing out, we're singing to the gods of music too, so they might help us. But unfortunately, the treatment didn't work all the time, but it was worth knowing that we at least tried to save a life."

I felt so sorry for him. "Well, good on you, for sacrifice", I encouraged.

The food arrived all at once. My sushi looked delicious and the tofu cakes made my mouth water. Baekhyun and I stared at each other for a moment and we each raised an eyebrow. "LET'S EAT!" We both yelled.

************************************

We were back at school the following day. I found myself playing around with my curry ramyun at lunch. I wasn't in the mood for food. Soon, they were no longer noodles, but mushed up pieces of cooked flour. I took a sip of my raspberry juice, and as I put my cup down, I saw Baekhyun in the distance, paying for his lunch at the counter. He smiled at the cashier and I felt chills. Not the bad chills, the good ones. His smile was undescribable. I founs my mouth twitching into a smile too. Sub consciously, I saw Kyungsoo walk up to me while I was still staring, and I saw him line try to line up my line of sight with the object. He waved an arm in my face, and I instantly snapped out of it. "Sup, Kyungsoo", I greeted.

He dropped his tray and plopped onto the seat, his eyes creepily wide and his mouth in such a big smile that I thought his mouth would rip. "Baekhyun, huh?" He asked. "You like him?"

I immediately blushed and shoved mushed curry ramyun into my mouth rapidly, swallowing without chewing. "Yah! Don't avoid the question", he shoved me jokingly. "That's a look of love". With that, I blushed even more, nodded quickly and walked off, my face growing hotter and hotter.

 

************************************

BAEKHYUN'S POV

 

It took me a while to remember what subjects I had next. I guess I had too much on my mind. I grabbed my maths and Hangul book and slammed my locker shut. As I turned around, Chanyeol walked past, engrossed deeply in a book. As he walked, I stared, my eyes following his movement, I felt a smile come on as I was lost in a Chanyeol world. A hand tapped my shoulder. I jumped and turned around and unconsciously muttered "Park Chanyeol", before realising that before me stood Luhan, who had obviously heard what I had said.

"Ooooooooh, you like him huh?" He laughed.

My eyes widened. "What? NO!!!... You heard nothing!"

"That's a look of love," he added. "I know one when I see one!"

With nothing to say back to him, I paused and nodded quickly. THen, I headed off to class, still blushing.

 

***********************************

CHANYEOL'S POV

Maths was boring, I thought of it as a subject that made people depressed. But I was happy that it was now over, and was home time. I sat on a bench at the entrance of the school, waiting for Baekhyun to come out. Laying down my bag and books, I positioned myself so that I could see the sky directly.

"Hey son of a !" A voice called out.

I sat up to see who was saying it. It was Jongin. I rolled my eyes, but stopped when I realised that my mother really was a big to me. 

"Waiting for someone? Like sweet innocent Baekhyun? He's so useless and fragile, like glass," he mocked. My heart stopped but I no longer felt nervous. I stood up, realising for the first time that I was actually taller that Jongin. Maybe becasue I stood straight this time. "Don't. Talk. About. Baekhyun. That. Way!" I ordered through gritted teeth. 

"Defending your honey bunny huh?" He retorted, shoving me to the ground and raising a fist ready to punch me. I can beat him. I can do it. Resisting his shove, I pushed him away and hepled myself up, and regained my balance. 

"You think you're so strong!" He said sarcastially. "I'll show you what REAL strength is!" He punched me in the stomach, and as I clutched it in pain, he ran around to my back and kicjed the back of my thighs rapidly. I began to groan from the pain. He was about to attack again, when I heard the angelic voice of Baekhyun. "Yah, Kim Jongin! Stay away from him!" 

He was my saviour.

Baekhyun helped me to my feet and pulled me to his side. He narrowed his eyes. "I can't believe you're my cousin! I used to trust you!"

Jongin was about to retort when another boy, Baekhyun's friend from class Minseok came with the Principal, Mrs Kwon. They were followed by the student body president, Kim Joon Myeon. 

Mrs Kwon raised her eyebrows and walked up to Jongin. "I saw everything that happened back there! Bullying will not be tolerated in my school yard. I am very disappointed in you, Kim Jongin!" 

Joonmyeon then handed a slip of paper to Jongin. "You will be suspended for a week. Until then, Buh Bye!" He smiled at me and stormed off.

Muttering and cursing, Jongin stormed off too, leaving Baekhyun and I alone. I stared at him. He stared at me. "Thanks for stopping him and calling someone to get a teacher", I smiled. He smiled too. "It's okay. Anything for a best friend. So, are you hurt?"

I closed my eyes and shook my head."No, I got enough scars already, I can deal with it." 

I laughed. He laughed. I blushed, he blushed too. He put him arm around me and gave me a tap on my back. 

"Alright mate! Let's go home!"

_________________________________

A/N: Hihihi! It's howtotrainyourkris again! I'm writing this chapter because Baekamazingness is going on holiday soon! And so, our story will be on pause for about 3 weeks. In the meantime, PLZPLZPLZ DON'T unsubscribe! The story will get better soon! And also, there are more SM family characters in theis chapter! :) Mrs Kwon is BoA, for ppl who thinks it's SNSD Yuri btw. :)

Fun fact: 

My bias in SNSD is Yuri,

Baekamazingness' bias in SNSD is Hyoyeon

:)))))))