Chapter 3

My True Self

CHANYEOL'S POV

The next day i got up and went through the same old routine of getting ready for school. I was moving slower than usual, mainly because i had another nightmare last night.I felt a wave of self loathing as i thought about it. They chose to bully me becuase i deserved it. i felt the urge to cut myself but i held it back, knowing i could do it when i got home from school.

When Kris was ready, i followed him out of the house and turned around to lock the door. I made sure to keep a fair distance behind Kris so that he wouldn't be associated with me if anyone saw us. For a second i wondered why my friends don't mind being associated with me until i remembered it was because they knew the fake me. Of course no-one would like the real me.

I was still deep in thought when i bumped into someone. It shook me out of my thoughts and i blinked before seeing there was a guy in front of me. When i saw his face all i could do was stare. He's so beautiful. His sleek brown hair curled into a side fringe that covered most of his forehead and his pale skin was smooth and flawless. He was wearing a little eyeliner, which made his eyes stand out.The top of his head was my eye level.

I didn't realize he was talking to me until he waved his hand in front of my face.

"Um, are you ok?"

I quickly put my happy virus smile on and apologized for bumping into him. 

"So, what's your name?"

"I'm Byun Baekhyun. You?"

"I'm Park Chanyeol."

"Cool. You know, i think we go to the same school. i just transferred there."

I looked down and realized he was wearing the same uniform as me

"Yeah, i guess we do. Do you live around here?"

"Yeah, i think i'm your neighbour.We just moved in."

"Oh"

How did i not notice? 

I checked the time and realized that we were gonna be late for school if we didn't hurry.

"Come one, let's catch up to my br---i mean, we'll be late if we don't hurry. Let's go"

"Ok"

Phew, no-one can know Kris is my brother or i'm dead.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I walked with a real grin to my next class. Finally! I have music! My song was going well but there was just something missing from it that i couldn't quite figure out.

I walked in and took my seat at the back of the room. Soon enough, Mrs Jung came in.

"Ok class-"

"I'm so sorry i'm late! I got lost!"

Baekhyun stood in the doorway, still catching his breath. I stared at him. He likes music? I hope he doesn't sit next to me.

Mrs Jung looked at him and smiled.

"Don't worry about it. You're new right? You can sit here, at the front"

I sighed in relief. I liked to be alone in music. No-one appreciated, or needed music like i did and i didn't want to share it with anyone.

"So uh-"

"Baekhyun."

"So, Baekhyun, right now we're composing songs, either in groups or by yourself. You can join a group if you want to. I'm sure no-one will reject you."

She looked menacingly at us, using her death stare.

"Right, class?"

"Yes, Mrs Jung" everyone chorused, not wanting to get on her bad side.

"Okay, start!"

Everyone scattered into their groups and, as usual, i got my guitar and went to sit in a corner of the room where i wouldn't get disturbed.

"Hey Chanyeol!"

I looked up and saw Baekhyun.Oh no.

"Hey Baekhyun..." Please don't ask-

"Can i join you?" No

"Sure" i smiled.

He smiled back at me and i felt like strangling him. But of course the happy virus would never do that.

"So what instrument do you play? I play guitar." Why did i have to meet him in the morning? Then he wouldn't know me and ask to join me!

"I sing!"

"Ok, well, here's the song i've been composing, we could make lyrics for it?"

"Yeah!"

He took the sheets from my hand and looked at them. We spent the entire lesson writing the lyrics.I looked at him, talking animatedly about what the song should be about and again felt the urge to strangle him.

Great, he's ruined music class.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

When the bell rang for lunch, i walked into the cafeteria and got my food, before proceeding to walk over to my usual table, where i sat with all my friends.Before i could get there though, Jongin stopped me.

"Hey Chanyeol! Guess what?!"

I threw him a big grin, even though i didn't feel like it inside.After all,I wasn't known as the happy virus for nothing.

"What?"

"My cousin  justtransferred here! I'm sure you'll like him, he's really similar to you."

Jongin was looking at me expectedly, obviously excited about this and expecting me to be too. I didn't exactly want to meet anyone new, but if it was Jongin's cousin i guess i had to.

"Cool, so where is he?"

"Here!"

Suddenly Baekhyun walked up to us, holding a tray of food in his hands and once again i was struck by his beauty.He looked at me and recognition flashed across his face.

"Oh hey Chanyeol! You're the friend my cousin has been talking about?"

"Uh, yeah i guess so." Baekhyun ruined music class for me! I don't want to be friends with him!

Jongin looked between the two of us in confusion.

"Wait, you two know each other??"

"Um, kinda? We met this morning.We're neighbours too" i replied

"Oh ok" he nodded. "Well, i'm sure you'll both be really good friends!"

We all went to sit at our table with ours friends and i felt really gloomy. I don't wanna have to be friends with this guy.

Soon everyone was talking and even though normally i'd be at the center of it all, today i just felt like i couldn't do it so i stayed quiet. Baekhyun was just so naturally happy, i felt like if i tried to be the happy virus, everyone would see how fake it was. It was like Baekhyun was taking my spot as the mood maker of the group. And if that happened, i would lose all my friends and just be the loser i really was. 

"Hey Chanyeol, are you ok? You've been kinda quiet." 

Kyungsoo was staring at me and soon, the entire table had stopped talking and was staring at me.Except Baekhyun.

"Um, yeah, i'm fine, you know, just thinking about... uh, stuff..." I paused. "I need to go to the bathroom so, uh see you guys later kay?"

I quickly got up and ran out of the cafeteria, ignoring their curious looks.

BAEKHYUN'S POV

I chatted with Jongin, Kyungsoo, Sehun and Luhan. They were all really nice and i was glad Jongin introduced me to them but i really wanted to talk to Chanyeol. Something about him was just ... off, and i wanted to know what it was. 

He seemed to be in his own world though, and by the question Kyungsoo just asked him, it obviously wasn't his normal behaviour. I wonder why he's acting different today... it couldn't be because of me, right? I was dimly aware of the table becoming quiet but i was too deep in my own thoughts to look up and see why. Suddenly Chanyeol got up, making me look at him. 

"I need to go to the bathroom, so, uh, see you later kay?"

His tone was carefree but there was obvious tension underneath it.

He rushed out of the cafeteria, blatantly ignoring eye contact with us.

I turned to Luhan,

"What's up with him?"

"Who knows?" he shrugged and continued to eat his lunch.

CHANYEOL'S POV

Oh god, i can't let anyone see me like this. No-one can know i'm not really the happy virus!

I rushed to the bathroom. Normally i can keep my facade up for as long as needed, but now, for the first time, i couldn't. Because of Baekhyun.First he ruins music class and now this. What else could he do? I sighed, shaking my head. It doesn't matter if he's Jongin's cousin. I have to stay away from him.

---------------------------------------------------------------

A/N hey this is baekamazingness! i guess this is kinda long? idk. Sorry, we just had alot of things planned for this chapter.Anyway, thanks for reading and comments are always appreciated:):)

Next chapter written by howtotrainyourkris