Chapter 4

My True Self

CHANYEOL'S POV

Don't cry. You can do it, just hold it in, I told myself. 

But I couldn't. Not this time at least. I didn't know why I had suddenly become like this. Baekhyun seemed nice, but I just felt uncomfortable around him. I guess I just didn't want another person to have to pretend to be 'happy virus' in front of. Sighing, I felt my pockets, pulling out the set of knives again. 

"Let's do this", I mumbled to myself. Luckily, I was usually the only one in the bathroom. It's the last place people think of when they want to hang out. Placing th blade against my forearm, I slowly dug in. I slid the blade slowly across my flesh, letting the blood gradually dye it bright red.Suddenly, footsteps came into the bathroom, along with some voices. "I hope he's okay, he's been gone for 15 minutes". I froze. Jongin, yep it was definitely him.

"Maybe he had to go somewhere afterwards". My jaws dropped to my knees at that voice. Baekhyun. Damn, please leave me alone! Why did it HAVE to be Baekhyun???

I quickly wiped away the blood and put the knives back in my pocket. Closing the toilet, I had on the lid, waiting for them to go away.

"Chanyeol?" Jongin yelled. Damn, they didn't go away. "Chanyeol, you in here?"

I kept silent, hoping for them to leave, but I realised that my feet could be seen from uner the narrow gap between the door and the ground. Worse, I was wearing bright green shoes. Jongin must have seen my feet because I heard him coming closer to the stall. "Chanyeol, you okay? I know you're in there dude". He knocked lightly on the door.

"Was it something you ate?" Baekhyun asked next. I shivered. Everytime he spoke, it sent chills down my spine. Maybe because I just feel so awkward around him.

"Uhh..... yeah.... it was that thing.... on my.... tray...it uh, upset my stomach a little" I lied

"Um, okay then, we won't bother you, unless you want to go to the school nurse?"

"Oh, nono, no need, just give me some time and I'll be fine"

"Okay, hope you feel better!"

I heard their footsteps fading away and gave a huge sigh of relief. Then, I resumed cutting myself with those knives

 

*******************************************

 

After last period had finished, I made my way quickly to the school entrance, hoping to avoid my friends, espicially Baekhyun. Looking all around me, I picked up my pace, keeping my head down, so if they were nearby, I could at least pretend that I didn't see them. Suddenly, out of nowhere, I heard a familiar voice. My heart stopped. Baekhyun. Out of all times I could bump into him, it just HAD to be now -_-. "Yah Chanyeol, wait up!" He shouted.

Smile. You gotta smile. I thought.

"Baekhyun! What's up!" I turned around and ditched my frown.

"I thought that since we lived close to each other, we should walk together, you know, know each other a little more. We are friends now, right?"

My stomach churned. No, I couldn't. I'll have a nervous breakdown and he'll be suspicious. Then he'll find out who I really am. I had no choice but to lie again. 

"Uh, of course, we're friends! I'd love to walk home with you, but I uh....... gotta go...........", I couldn't think of a suitable excuse. Looking around, I saw a food truck backing out of the school. "Grocery shopping for my mom!"

"But, I saw her carrying a grocery bag to your house last night while I was going to the park, she was heading into your house..."

He's been watching my house?! Stalker -_-

"Well...... uh our family.... eats a lot. It's uh.... a tradition, passed down from many many generations. Bye now!"

Feeling my face turn hot, I ran away as fast as I could, not even looking back once. Phew, that was a close one.

 

********************************************

BAEKHYUN'S POV

The bell for home time rung. I stood up quickly, hoping to find Chanyeol. He seemed really nice and friendly. I thought we could really become good friends after we know each other better. Plus, we lived near each other. Thankfully, I found him walking idly at the school gates. "Yah Chanyeol!" I called. He turned around, his huge smile shining. I really liked his smile, it was beautiful, almost too beautiful to be real.........

"Baekhyun! What's up! he said cheerfully

"I thought that since we lived close to each other, we should walk together, you know, know each other a little more. We are friends now, right?"

"Uh, of course, we're friends! I'd love to walk home with you, but I uh....... gotta go..........." he paused forr a long while before continuing, "Grocery shopping for my mom! 

Strange, I thought I saw her going into his house with a big bag of food on my way to the park last night.

"But, I saw her carrying a grocery bag to your house last night while I was going to the park, she was heading into your house..."

"Well...... uh our family.... eats a lot. It's uh.... a tradition, passed down from many many generations. Bye now!" With that, he ran off, leaving me to stare into space. His family ate a lot huh? Then why was Chanyeol so thin? Why did it take him that long to say he had to go grocery shopping? Something is up with that guy and I want to know what. 

Suddenly, Jongin tapped my shoulder lightly. "what are you dazed about, cousin?" he asked.

"Nothing, just, do you know what's up with Chanyeol today?"

"No, nothing! He's just the normal happy virus he always is! why?"

"Oh, don't worry, I was probably imagining wild things". With that we both walked off.

 

****************************************

CHANYEOL'S POV

I got home reasonably early today. Kris wasn't even home yet. That was a first. When I walked through the door, I heard my mum on the phone with my school principal. "Yes, yes, he's always been an extremely hard- working boy", she laughed. "Yes, he's such a star of the family" She loved Kris so much. I wish she loved me tooIf only I weren't such a piece of trash. I felt tears coming into my eyes, and they blurred my vision. Not wanting to be seen crying like this, I ran upstairs and buried my head in my pillow. I guess I wasn't eating dinner that night. 

***************************************

I woke up with a jolt. It was friday, another day where I ended my school day with music, only, it was a single, not a double. Normally I wouldv'e liked to end the day with my favourite subject, but now Baekhyun's ruined it. Walking into the bathroom, I grabbed my uniform and took a morning shower, to 'freshen me up'. The hot water burned my scars. I felt like I was a piece of clothing being ironed alive. and groaning, I managed to get through it and felt much cleaner  and pure. Not like trash, which smelt horrible. Kris took a long time getting ready. I was waiting for him anxiously by the doorway. "Yah! Hurry up hyung!" I screamed, but it was a huge mistake. My mom heard and came running from the kitchen. "What right do you have to hurry your brother? If he wants to look good to impress his friends, he can! At least he has friends." She marched off.

I have friends, thank you very much, even though I'm not even me near them. I decided to leave without Kris. I passed Baekhyun's brown brick house on the way. It was a nice house, it had a much better aura coming from it than mine. Suddenly the door opened, and Baekhyun kissed his mom goodbye. My eyes, widening, I ran at full speed, hoping that he didn't see me.

 

***************************************

Here I was, in last period, sitting idly in the music classroom. "Okay everybody! Continuing with your compositions, I want to see GOOD ones from all of you! You are all very talented so I expect quite a lot from you!" Mrs. Jung announced. Everybody's talented. That made me feel a little more confident in myself. I took my guitar and looked around for Baekhyun. He was nowhere to be seen. Maybe he forgot he had music. Just that minute, he ran into the room, and handed a late note into Mrs. Jung. She nodded and smiled, and Baekhyun came walking towards me. "Sorry, I got lost, this school is just so big", he laughed.

I stifled a laugh too. 

"I have the lyrics for the song that you wrote on your guitar, I'll sing it for you", he said, still huffing and puffing from all that running.

He handed me the lyrics sheet. the title was "My turn to cry". It sounded a lot like me. I was always crying, it's always my turn to cry......

"Okay, let's begin", I chimed unenthusiastically as I began to play.

" Agmongeul kkwosseoyo, uldeon geudaereul anajugi jeone kkumeseo kkaeeo beoryeotjyo....................... andwaeyo, It's my turn to cry, naega halgeyo geudaeye nunmul moa, It's my turn to cry naege matgyeoyo geu nunmulkkaji, This time, This time yeah" He then stopped singing.

"Um, Chanyeol?", he asked waving a hand in front of my face. It took me a while to realise that I had stopped playing. But it wasn't my fault. Baekhyun had the voice of an angel. It was beautiful. I'd never seen such beautiful singing before. He made the lyrics mean so much more than they actually do. He really had this special talent. I can't believe I didn't see it it him before. With yet more tears coming out of my eyes, I realised, that Byun Baekhyun was definitely a force to be reckoned with.

 

_____________________________

A/N: hehehe Baekyeol is now born! I'm sorry if it seemed like Chanyeol HATED Baek in this chapter. I just want u guys to know that its not hate, its just uncomfortableness LOL. Sorry it took some time to update, I had some homework to catch up on. Btw, even chapters are written by me, and odd chapters are written by Baekamazingness. If there are any changes, we'll let you guys know! :)