Chapter 17

My True Self

Baekhyun's POV

My body shook  as tears ran down my face. Of course it was my fault Grandpa died.My voice couldn't raise enough money quick enough to save him. I shut my eyes and cried harder at the thought.

Arms encircled me and i knew it was Chanyeol. I sobbed and leaned into his warm chest.

"Don't worry Baekie, everything will be fine", he said, hugging me tightly.

Even though the words didn't mean anything, they still gave me comfort.

After a while i sighed. We couldn't stay like this forever, no matter how much i wanted to.

"Let's go. We have to practice a lot for the audition anyway." I slid out of his arms and stood up.

"You sure you're ok? Do you want to tell my what happened?", he asked, concern lacing his voice.

I shook my head. "Not now"

As we left the school, i promised to prove Jongin and Kris wrong.

 

----------------------------------------

 

"We should have a place to practice. Somewhere outside of school since we have to practise alot. " i said, intertwining my fingers with Chanyeol's.

He smiled at me over his coffee. "Yeah! But where?"

"Hmm..." i looked around the cafe as a i thought. Somehoe Unicorn Cafe had become our regular hangout spot. I spooted the owner, whose name i had gotten to know was Lay, and waved. I smiled when he waved back enthusiastically. He might be slightly crazy but he was still a nice guy.

"Well we could do it at my house?" i suggested

"I think that's the only place available. Definitely not my house"he chuckled darkly.

I frowned. "Channie, are you ok? Do your mom or Kris still hurt you?"

"Yes, of course," he sighed, "but it's better with you in my life." He smiled fondly. "I love you Baekkie"

I blushed."I love you too Channie"

 

-------------------------------------------------------

 

Chanyeol's POV

I walked up to Baekhyuns's front door and knocked, guitar in hand.

The door flew open and Baekhyun appeared, bouncing up and down excitedly.

"Channie, Channie, Channie!" he exclaimed, hugging me so tight i couldn't breathe

"I found the PERFECT song to do! It's called Love Song by Bumkey! I printed out a guitar part! Come on!" He dashed inside the house and to his house. I followed after him, seeing is mother on the way.

"Oh Chanyeol!" she smiled, " So how have you b-"

"PARK CHANYEOL! WHY ARE YOU NOT IN MY ROOM RIGHT NOW?!" Baekhyun's voice thundered from his room.

I smiled apologetically at Mrs Byun and went to his room.

He grinned widely but suddenly his smile faltered.

"Baek?" i questioned

"I just feel really tired"

"Probably because of how hyper you are right now"

He laughed. "Yeah, probably. Now listen!"

I sat down on the bed as i listened to the song. It really was amazing.

"Wow-"

"WHAT DID YOU THINK?!" he yelled, crashing onto me.

I laughed at his eager face

"It's great! We should definitely do this song!"

"Yay!" he exclaimed before kissing me.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

We practised nearly everyday for 2 weeks and soon it was audition day. I was nervous as hell but tried not to show it infront of Baekhyun

"Omg Channie i'm so nervous right now! How are you so calm!?"

"Uh, i just... am"

He looked at me suspiciously

"Wha-"

"Byun Baekhyun and Park Chanyeol!" the lady called

"Crapcrapcrapcrapcrap" Baekhyun mumbled

As soon as we entered the room, he became confident Baekhyun, though he was probably trembling on the inside.

"Hello Mrs Jung and Mrs Im, the song we will perform, if chosen, is Love Song, by Bumkey.

Mrs Jung smiled, "Ok, start boys"

I was so glad how much we'd practised the song because as soon as he started singing my brain stopped, but luckily my fingers knew what to do. No matter how many times i heard Baekhyun's voice, it stunned me, especially when he was singing as beautifully as he was now.

Halfway through the song i stuffed up, I winced and scrambled to find the right strings. Oh god, i've ruined everything.

We finished the song without another mistake and i sighed in relief.

Mrs Im clapped. "That was amazing! We're not supposed to say but you two will definitely be performing! You might want to practise a bit more though" she laughed, looking at me.

I blushed"Yes, i will. Thankyou!"

We left the room and i apologized to Baekhyun

"I'm sorry for messing up Baek, especially when you sang so beautifully"

He laughed, "ah,don't worry! We still made it right? And it was pretty funny.." his voice tapered off and he clutched his stomach and groaned.

"Baek? Are you ok?"

He got up slowly and swallowed. "Yeah, just a stomachache"

I raised an eyebrow. "Really?"

"Yeah. Come on let's go"

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

"Baekhyun, you really don't look well"

It was the night of the concert and we wre waiting backsatge since our performance was next.

"Baekhyun, seriously, i'm sure Mrs Jung would understand if we could'nt perform"

Baekhyun looked pretty bad. He had bags under his eyes and his face was pale and sweaty.

"No Chanyeol. No matter what you say, i am going out on that stage tonight. And you better be coming with me"

I sighed

Even his voice sounded weak!

"But you're obviously sick! And you probably can't sing properly like that"

"It's just a flu! And i will sing somehow ok, don't worry about that"

There's no way he's giving up. I guess i can take him to the doctor afterwards.

I sighed again

 

Baekhyun's POV

I really did feel horrible. My entire body was shaking in my new suit, my knees felt weak and i just felt so so tired, bnot to mention the pain in my stomach.

But no matter what, i will keep my vow and prove Kris and Jongin worng. I will give an amazing performance that will make my family proud.

"Next, Park Chanyeol and Byun Baekhyun, performing a cover of Love Song By Bumkey!"

There was clapping from the audience and loud cheering obviously from Kyungsoo and Luhan.

I took a deep breath and looked at Chanyeol.

He smiled back at me and together, we walked out onto the stage.

 

-----------------------------------

A/N hi guys!!!! Hopefully this chapter was better than the one i last wrote? idk.

and we have our half-yearly's next week :( i'm so sad.

and also! me, howtotrainyourkris, and one of our friends (and my best friend), bigbangfan195 are thinking about making a new fic! it's probably be crack coz we're really crazy so i'm not sure if you guys will like it since this is supposed to be an angst fic but still, you could check it out. After we've made it. We haven't made it yet coz we can't think of a name;;

BYEEEEEE:D