Chapter 1

My True Self

Chanyeol's POV

I locked myself in the school bathroom and looked down at the set of knives in my hands. I knew i shouldn't be doing this at school but i couldn't help it. I needed this.

I slowly dragged the knife across my skin and watched the blood ooze out of the wounds. It felt so good to relieve all my pain and to know that i was in control of this.I didn't stop until my arms were criss-crossed with red lines and covered in blood. Then i washed my arms and bandaged them before putting on my jumper to cover it. I quickly put on my 'happy' face and walked out of the bathroom before anyone got suspicious.

'Hey, Chanyeol! Do you wanna come to my house today after school? I got a new video game!'

I turned around and saw Jongin, one of my best friends.His wide eyes were looking at me and his lips were curved into a bright smile. He was popular among girls for his looks, especially his tan skin which was considered y. I sighed internally, not wanting to let him down but knowing i would get in trouble for it later.

'Yeah, sure' i replied

Maybe she wouldn't notice this time.

'Cool! See ya later then'

He waved at me and then walked back down the hallway. For a second i let my expression drop but i smiled again before anyone could see.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

After going to Jongin's house, it was pretty late and i knew my mother would scream at me if she noticed.

I opened the front door of my house, trying not to make any noise and hoping my mother would not hear. My dad, of course, was at work. I had almost succeeded when i noticed Kris standing at the top of the stairs. I froze and looked at him with fearful eyes. 

'Oh, look. The dork is home late. I wonder what mom will think about that.' he sneered.'MOM!! Chanyeol's home late again!'

My mother came out of the kitchen, a scowl etched onto what would otherwise be a pretty face.

'Why are you home late?!' she screeched

I cringed.

'Im so sorry, i was with Jongin and-'

'Kris would NEVER come home late!!He's a perfect son, unlike you!He's so mcuh better than you! YOU SHOULD JUST LEAVE INSTEAD OF RUINING EVERYTHING! WHY CAN'T YOU BE LIKE KRIS, YOU IDIOT?! YOU DISRESPECT OUR FAMILY!!'

Kris grinned, 'yeah, idiot, why can't you be perfect, like me?'

I hung my head and took it all in.

I deserved this.

When they were done, i quickly ran upstairs to my room, tears streaming down my face. I flopped down onto my bed, not even bothering to get changed, as i cried myself to sleep and let my childhood memories pull me deeper.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N this chapter is written by baekamazingness. next chapter is gonna be written by howtotrainyourkris:D