Smile You Look Prettier That Way

I Don't Need Anyone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

| Chapter 2: Smile You Look Prettier That Way |

 

Min Young arrived home a little after ten. Both her father and mother were in the sitting room waiting for her.

 

"Sorry for being late. The buses stopped and I had no choice but to walk. I figured you both be in bed so I didn't want to call and wake you." She said bowed to apologize and started to head for the stairs.

 

"Min Young." Her mother said her name and was right behind her. Min Young turned to face her mother just as her mother slapped her.

 

Min Young stood there trying to fight back the urge to have the tears spill over or the shock on her face that her mother hit her. Although it wasn't the first time that she was slapped.

 

"You were supposed to be home at ten no later then that. Plus where are your books? I thought you went to study with that boy." Her mother really hated her cousin. For whatever reason it was, Min Young would never know.

 

"I didn't take any because I was told to look up areas to go during our camping trip for my class next week. He brought his books to study and also help me. We were so caught up on studying and searching things online that we lost track of time. Sorry again that I came home late." Min Young bowed to apologize again.

 

Her mother grabbed her arms and gasped in shock. "What happened to your arms?"

 

'I went to a club a stranger pushed me against the wall having my arms pressed against the wall. That's why my arms look like this.' Well that's what she wanted to say, but she would've gotten slapped again.

 

"The sidewalk near the library was crowded, and I was pushed up against the wall twice. I'm fine I'll clean them up and I'll make sure to have them covered before school." This is what she ended up saying. It was so easy for Min Young to lie and her parents believed her every time she lied to them. Sooner or later they would figure out that she is lying.

 

"Alright just go to bed you have school tomorrow and I also signed that paper for you." Her father said and got up to head to his bedroom.

 

"Goodnight." Min Young said before she went to her room.

 

Once she was in her room she went to her bathroom to the little fridge that she had and grabbed an ice pack. She placed it to the left side of her face. She sat on her bed going through what happened to her from when she was at the club. The only thing she couldn't get of her head was Woo Bin.

 

'I hope he doesn't ask me if I'm ok tomorrow in school.' She thought as she slow drifted to sleep.

 

<><><><><><><><><><>

 

At 5:30 Min Young's alarm goes off and she got up groaning as she walked to her bathroom to take a shower. Once she was in the shower she stood there trying to wake up and as her body started to wake up so did the scratches she had on her arms as the water stung them. She sighed and started to wash her hair and clean her body.

 

When she was done she looked in a mirror and remembered that her mother slapped her. So she looked to see if there was a bruise in her left cheek.

 

Sadly there was and she had no way on covering it up because she never wore makeup. Did she want to wear make up? Well yes, but she thought it would be to much to do in the morning.

 

'Oh well it's not the first time.' She thought as she looked away and got dressed.

Once she was ready it was 6:45 and she left while everyone was still asleep or so she thought.

 

"Oh Min Young you're up early." She looked to she her uncle having coffee with her father.

 

'Damn so much for leaving early.' She thought and then smiled at her uncle.

 

"Good morning uncle Dongwook." She said and walked over to the dining room.

 

"Your uncle and I have been talking and he thought it would be a good idea if Jonghe went to the same school as you. That way you don't feel so lonely. I know you don't have many friends. Even though you concentrate on your studies more. It’s still nice to have someone to talk to." Her father said and the took a sip of his coffee.

 

"So today," he uncle started to say before taking a sip of his coffee. "Jonghe will be at your school. I hope you treat him like normally do."

 

"Yup because today I'm your buddy." Min Young turned to she her cousin walking in through the door and out his arm around her.

 

She looked a Jonghe, well more like a glare.

 

'I don't want him at my school it just means that my mother and father will push me more into being number one. Well more like my mother and my father seemed to slowly back off a little.'

 

"Oh and also you mother and I are going on a trip for a week. We are leaving today, and you uncle and his wife are coming as well. So you and Jonghe will be staying here together for a week. Well have you sister come over and check on you every other day." Her father said and then got up from the table and walked away.

 

She was really happy we're going to be gone. To her it meant that she would have some freedom without her parents around. however she would have to deal with her cousin for a week.

 

"You must have something to do in school for such an early hour, Min Young. May be you can show Jonghe the school before school starts." He uncle said. "I can give you a ride as well."

 

"Oh no you don't have to, I want to walk and enjoy the mornings before it gets too cold." Min Young said with a smile that was a little forced.

 

"Well cousin lets go so I can see the school before everyone shows up." Jonghe said and grabbed Min Young's hand and dragged her out of the house.

 

Once out of the house the two started to walked in the direction of the school.

 

"Are you ok?" Jonghe asked. He noticed the bruise on her left cheek when she came down the stairs.

 

His father dragged him back to Min Young's house just to tell them that he was going to to the same school as her. He knew it was just more pressure for his cousin.

 

He was just like her always studying, never had any friends, was slipped and beat for never being number one. Until one day when he was caught coming home from a club, he finally told his parents that he was tired of being pressured. His parents were shocked and then came to an agreement that he can do what he wants just no clubs and had to be at least  in the the top ten.

 

He had freedom  for being the only child, but Min Young, he felt bad for her. She couldn't speak up because of the shadow of her sister. Well that's what he thought anyway.

 

So when he heard that his parents and hers where going to be gone for a week, maybe two weeks, but he couldn't get that lucky. He planned though to break that shell around Min Young. He wanted to try and have her speak up to her parents so they knew that she was tired of them tell her what to do. Even if they got to the point where she would be ready to speak up, Min Young would crawl back in her hole and say nothing.

 

"I'm fine, and by the way did you leave me in the club last night?" Min Young asked breaking Jonghe out of his thoughts.

 

"What do you mean I didn't leave I was there the whole time. Why? Wait is that way you got slapped?"

 

"Well I couldn't find you to tell you I was leaving. I got slapped because I was late by five minutes and I was also with you." She said and then sighed thinking how stupid it was for her to be slapped for being with him.

 

"Was it you father or your mother that slapped you?" He asked as they reached the end of the block and then crossed the street.

 

"It was my mother. My father doesn't care if I'm with you as long as I'm studying and worry about what college to go to." She said and the looked around seeing if there was cars before her and Jonghe crossed the street again.

 

"Your mother really hates me. I want to know the reason so bad." He whined like a kid and looked forward  after crossing the street to see a tall figure walking in front of them. He knew who it was right away. "Yah Woo Bin!"

 

Woo Bin turned to see Jonghe and  Min Young walking together.

 

"Cousin this is Woo Bin he has been my best friend before he became popular with his modeling career." Jonghe said as the meet up with Woo Bin who stayed where he was.

 

"I know he's my seat partner in school." Min Young says trying to not look at Woo Bin.

 

"What! I wanted to be your seat partner!" Jonghe was acting like a baby, but Woo Bin and Min Young weren’t paying attention.

 

"What happen to your face?" Woo Bin asked Min Young.

 

'Damn so much for trying to hide it even though I didn't even try to hide it at all.' She thought and then looked at him.

 

"Nothing I just fell and bruised my face." She said and then knew that it was a poor lie.

 

"She did, yesterday I was at her house and she fell. There was no bruise until now." Her cousin said to cover for her, but Woo Bin wasn't buying it. Min Young could tell that he knew some what on what happened.

 

"Come on Jonghe let's go I'll buy you breakfast before we head to the school." Min Young looked away and walked around Woo Bin who grabbed her arm to stop her. "I fell down. Now let go." She knew he wanted to know without looking at him. He wanted the truth and she wasn't going to give it to him. He didn't need to know what went on in her private life at home. The only person that did was her cousin.

 

"Woo Bin how about you join us and we can walk to school tougher." Jonghe was trying to brighten the dark mood that was around Min Young and Woo Bin.

 

'What the hell? Are these two in a secret love affair that I didn't know about? Because this is how couples would act.' Jonghe thought as he looked between the two.

 

"I think I may join the two of you. Plus what better way than to get to know you classmates." Woo Bin said while looking at Min Young who was looking away with her arm free.

 

When Woo Bin grabbed her arm she forgot about the scratches. They weren't that bad, but the have the fabric if her cardigan rubbing against the scratches stung a little. She tried to hide that it stung, but it didn't pass Woo Bin eyes and she slowly move the sleeves to where they went irritating the scratches.

 

He wanted to say something but didn't. If Woo Bin asked she would give them cold shoulder.

'I want to know who you are, so stop giving me the cold shoulder.' Woo Bin thought to himself as he watch her fix her sleeves and the glared at Jonghe who was whining because he was hungry.

 

"Can we go and eat I'm r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter