I'll Be Alright

I Don't Need Anyone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

| Chapter 1: I’ll Be Alright |

 

Min Young was the girl that no one cared for. Her own parents only cared for their image and social life. They would always pressure their daughter to be the top of her class. Min Young hated the way they pushed. Though it was more of her mother pushing her than her father. She knew that her parents were doing this to be at the top of the social ladder.

 

They never once told her good job on being number one. If she was number one in her class, she would be told to do better or worse her mother would slap her if she was in the top three in her class.

 

When she knew at times that she wasn’t first in her class she wouldn’t go home. She would go to her favorite place.

 

A dance studio.

She would dance just to feel free.

To feel alive.

 

It was the only secret that she kept from her parents, but she knew that they would one day find out. They would lecture her on how it could reunion their family reputation.

 

She didn’t care.

She just wanted to live a normal life.

 

Everyday, Min Young would wake up at 5:30, just to get ready for school, and leave at 6:45 so she wouldn’t have to see her parents and hear them repeat the same thing about  her to being first in her class or say how great her sister was in school.

 

Even though school started at 8:30 she would always leave so she could take her time walking to school. Sometimes she would stop at the convenience store to get breakfast, but today she ended up getting up later then her normal time. She was really wishing her father was gone. She didn’t want to hear him say on how her grades need to be better in order to get into a good school just like her older sister, Yoon Min.

 

She loved her sister, but to be compared to her it really irritated Min Young.

Just thinking about her sister as she got ready for school made her angry.

 

Once she was ready she put her stoic like face on and walked down the stairs to she her father getting ready to leave for work.

 

He saw her before walking out the door.

 

"Min Young I’ll give you a ride to school. Let’s go the car is waiting." He said and walked out. Not even waiting for her, but she never showed emotion when she was around her parents, family, and social gatherings that she was forced to go to.

 

Once she was down the stairs she bowed to her mother and then walked out the door to see her father was already in the car and the driver was by the car holding the door opened for her.

 

She thought about walking away and walk to school, but she knew that she would get scolded.

 

She got in the car and pushed the thought away.

 

The driver got in and drove away from the house. It was silent in the car, but she knew her father would say something to her. She just didn’t know when.

 

As if right on queue he turned the page of his newspaper and said, “I’m thinking about hiring a tutor for you. I know that you are good in school, but college entrance exams are coming up. I don’t want your grades in school to slip while studying for college entrance exams while doing your school work.”

 

'Heaven forbid my grades slip just a little.' Min Young thought.

 

"I think I can handle on my own. Right now we planning for one of our field trips that we taking this year." She said while looking at the window.

 

"I don’t think that it is necessary for you to go on those silly trips, but I know that it’s your last year. Plus we allowed your sister to go when she was in school. She even kept her grades up and even studied while she was on the trips." He said and continued to praise her sister Yoon Min.

 

'Here we go, more praise for my sister. Just one more block and I'll be able to get out of this car.' She kept saying to herself as he kept talking.

 

"Mr. Park if you could drop me off here. I can walk the rest of the way to school." Min Young said once her father stopped praising her sister.

 

"I will think about the tutor more Min Young. Oh and be home at a decent time tonight. Your sister is coming home and we are having guests over as well. I would like you home to greet them." He father said as the car pulled over for her to get out.

 

"Yes father I will have a good day at work." She said and closed the door.

Once her father was out of sight she grabbed her iPod and played her music. One if the songs was one out of many that she listened to when was stressed or upset.

 

Right now she was mixed with so many emotions that the song she was listening to claimed her down. The song was more rap than singing. She didn’t care though because the rap sometimes seem to be the only thing to calm her down. Plus this was the music she would listen to when she was studying.

 

As she walked down the sidewalk to the the school along with her classmates walking by her. She didn’t have any friends that she could talk to. She felt that they would bring her down and maybe her grades. If her grades where down she didn’t want to face her mother.

 

Once she was through the gate and walked into the school up to the second floor she was in her classroom sitting in the back row next to the windows. She always loved to sit by the windows. Looking out side she could forget and daydream for a short amount of time she had in school or in classes.

 

The classroom filled and the students running in and the girls going crazy while giggling to their seats.

 

Min Young never understood why the girls in school would act this way. Yet again she didn’t know why because she was the loner in her class.

 

She saw the teacher walk in with a male student behind her. He was tall and his face was a pretty boy face but with some straight edges.

 

Min Young put her iPod away and could hears the girls her class going crazy for the boy standing in front with the teacher.

 

"Alright class get to your seats. We have a new student that will be joining us for the year. Please introduce yourself?" She said and turned to the male student.

 

"Hello my name is Kim Woo Bin. I’m happy to be in your class. Please take care of me." He said with a smile and then bowed to show respect.

 

When he said his name the girls went crazy, except Min Young. She didn’t care. All she worried about was to gain her father and mothers love by being first in her class. It was sad to think that was the only way she could get her parents love. It was the only way she knew how to.

 

"Thank Woo Bin now if you could sit in the back with Min Young, and Min Young if you could after homeroom show him around the campus. I’ll give you a pass before I leave so you don’t have to worry about your next class." She said and then turned to the class to tell them about the first class trip this year that was going to be in Busan for four days and three nights camping trip.

 

Woo Bin made his way to sit next to Min Young. Who was looking outside watching the leaves flying around the courtyard.

 

She knew that he was there next to her she just didn’t acknowledged his presence.

 

"Ok I will put the information about the trip on paper so you can take it home for you parents to see and sign it. You have to have the paper signed before the end of the week. Now class president." The teacher looked over at Min Young who turned her head and stood up.

 

"Attention." She said and then the rest of the class sat up and bowed.

 

The teacher walked out asking for Woo Bin and Min Young to follow her to the teachers room.

 

"Here is the pass that you will need. I trust you Min Young to do good in showing Woo Bin the school." The teacher said while heading Min Young the pass.

 

"Don’t worry I will." Min Young said with a smile and bowed as she and Woo Bin walked out of the teachers room.

 

 <><><><><><><><><>

   

"So here we have to the left down this hallway is the the science rooms are at and the cooking classrooms to the right." Min Young said as she was walking down the hall. "If you take the stairs to the left it will lead you to the younger classes for the freshmen and sophomores. On the seconded floor you have the upper classes." She said and the lead him to the right by taking the stairs.

 

She didn’t say anything up until they reached the lunchroom.

 

"Here," she continued once they were at the bottom of the stairs. "You have the lunchroom and also the snack shack. To the left you have the courtyard and then to your right is the gym and where the outside activities take place when the weather is nicer." She looked over to see him and saw that he was looking at her as if he could read her.

 

She turned away and walked back to the stairs.

 

"If you go to the third floor you will see the library and the after school clubs. And that is pretty much the whole tour of the school. Now if you excuse me we have to go to class." She said and continued up the stairs to the second floor.

 

Woo Bin with his long legs caught up to her and grabbed her arm.

 

"What about the gardens that the school has here? Can you show me that? The teacher did say we don’t have to worry about our next class." He said to her.

 

"How about I show you during lunch that way we can go to class and don’t have to worry about missing class here in three minutes." She said while trying to break her hand away from his grip.

 

He didn’t let go of her arm and dragged her to where the gardens were at. Yes he knew where the ardens were at, but he wasn’t going to tell her that as he continued to walk to the gardens with her being dragged.

 

She didn’t want to fight back.

She didn’t have the energy to.

 

All she wanted to do was to study because studying was the only thing she knew besides dancing. When they reached the gardens that was in the back of the school. It was a place for students to go during free time or lunch. It was also a place for those

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter