Ignored.

The flower with no scent.



Ignored.

That’s how I feel sometimes.
Moments when I have so much to say, but nobody who will listen the way I want them to.
Sometimes I just wish to be heard.

I had a teacher who was a bit different from others.
She was a lovely woman, probably in her mid forties with short dark curly hair and a good sense of humour. She was a music teacher, inspired by the romantic compositions of Franz Schubert.
Every lesson would be based on different parts of the history of music, which were followed up by various examples of how she heard them for the first time. She would spend all of the lesson talking even when she realized that most of the students never listened to her. Yet she never did anything about it. She didn’t have the heart for it.

Me and Jongin had music lessons together at that time.
I was quite confused the first time I saw him. Nobody expects a dancer to spend his time in a music class. Especially when there’s a separate dance class. Later on I found out that he came here with a purpose. As a person who wants to tie his future with music he felt the need to learn more about it. And our teacher was the best one he ever had. I was happy that someone finally appreciates her.
We held conversations once in a while. He noticed that I wasn’t very fond of starting the conversation and I was very thankful for that. Sometimes the things we talked about were as taboo as the weather and other times we shared our thoughts on the most controversial topics.
That time he showed me something that I will never forget - the feeling of being heard.
The feeling of someone watching you as he waits for your answer.
The feeling of someone caring for your thoughts.

In the end our teacher left the school.
And I was left with many stories that nobody wants to listen to.