Tattoo.

The flower with no scent.

 

Tattoo.

Such a popular thing to do – to get a tattoo.
The reason? It looks pretty.
The meaning? I just though the word cat in Chinese looked pretty so I tattooed it onto my shoulder.
Regret it? Not at all, it’s my body I can whatever I want to.

Not everyone’s the same though. Some tattoos tell more than words can say. They describe hard periods of life. They show the struggles one had to overcome. It represents the past that still haunts us. The past that we lived through and learned from.

Jongin has a tattoo.
The first time I noticed it was when we were at the beach. The weather was pretty nice for the beginning of spring so we decided to visit the shore. As I was picking little seashells I noticed a little brown arrow on the side of Jongin’s ankle. Later when I asked him, he explained that it’s a rune called kenaz. It stands for torch – the symbol of knowledge, illusion, shedding light on matters, quest for truth, skills and abilities, creativity, art and etc. His dance teacher showed him this rune when he acknowledge Jongin’s talent by saying “The student surpasses the teacher” which apparently is another meaning of this rune. This tattoo keeps him grounded, Jongin once said, and as the teacher died it became a symbol of respect and admiration.

Some people tattoo their lovers’s name. I never had thought of imprinting something on my body.  But the more I think of it, the more attractive this thought becomes to me. The thought of having him near me forever. Even after we separate and meet other people, he is still here, with me.

But I won’t do it.
Nothing last forever, love is no exception. And the tattoo of his name would bring more sadness than joy after our love has died. Sure, I could be positive and say that we will be together forever, but will that change anything? We don’t know the future. Maybe we will be separated by the hardships of life or just simply by the change of heart. And that’s why I won’t do it.

I will just tattoo his name in my heart and pray that he never leaves me.