Innocence.

The flower with no scent.


 


Innocence.

What does innocence mean?
Freedom from sin, moral wrong, or guilt through lack of knowledge of evil.
Freedom from guile, cunning, or deceit; simplicity or artlessness.
Lack of worldliness or sophistication; naiveté.
Lack of knowledge or understanding; ignorance.

Looking at all of this, can innocence even exist in this world?
In the past 100 years we had two world wars. Even now some countries are fighting against each other and innocent people are dying. People are being corrupted by media, drugs and violence. How can there be innocence when the world we live in is no where near innocent itself?

But yet somehow I can see bits of innocence in Jongin.

Like when he laughs at something his tall friend with the deep voice tells him about.  The way his full lips curl into a breathtaking smile and tugs on my heartstrings. Or when someone in the room mentions dancing. You can see how his eyes light up just at that one word. How his world seems much brighter and his heart seems so much lighter just at the thought of it. It is said that there’s nothing more beautiful than a person talking about something he is passionate about. And I never knew it was true until I saw Jongin.
When he speaks about dancing, he makes it sound like there is nothing in this world that could top it. Dancing is the air that hugs his lungs and the blood that paints his insides. Dancing is his life.


And it makes me want to become something as important in his life.
But I can’t, because that will ruin his innocence.


Because I am not innocent.