Hope

Don't Play With My Heart

* strong wind blowing *

 

 

" What happens?? "

 

The surrounding is suddenly changed and the wind starts to blow roughly. Bomi looks around and she notices that she is alone in the street. 

 

" Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha."

 

Faint whispers of the laughing sound is running around her in the air and Bomi notices that something is really wrong.

 

" What can I do?? "

 

She asks herself but she knows that she is just a normal human girl who can do nothing. How she can fight against someone who has super powers?? 

 

" Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha."

 

The dusts are flowing in the atmosphere and it prevents Bomi's sight to see clearly. Bomi bites her lip and she shouts.

 

" Who are you??? "

 

" Awww. How cute!!! "

 

Bomi hears the whispers right against her left ear. She quickly turns around and checks but there is no one.

 

" Wae??? Can't you see me?? Is the most powerful person in this world that weak??? "

 

" Who are you??? Show yourself!! "

 

Bomi shouts and the wind becoms weak. The dusts around her becomes calm down and everything slowly returns to normal.

 

Bomi rubs her own eyes and when she opens her eyes again, she sees a lady standing in front of her.

 

She is not a tall woman but with a well built figure. She has golden bangs highlighted with black hair. She looks at Bomi and laughs.

 

" Hello, kid. You have grown already more than I have expected."

 

" Who are you?? What do you want from me?? "

 

Bomi asks and the lady shakes her head. And she walks to Bomi and pads her shoulder.

 

" Don't worry. I will not harm you. And I am a good friend of your parents. I am here to teach you about the things you should know."

 

" What are you talking?? I don't understand a thing."

 

" What?? Don't you know who you are??? "

 

The lady becomes surprised and she asks. Bomi shakes her head and answers the truth.

 

" I am Yoon Bomi. And my parents are dead. That's all I know."

 

" Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!! She knows nothing!!! "

 

The lady shouts like a crazy person and Bomi moves two steps backwards. But the lady leans towards her and she points her index finger against Bomi's nose.

 

" You………… "

 

She pauses. Bomi blinks and she is waiting for her to speak.

 

" You are a soulkeeper."

 

The lady said one word by word which can wipe off the smile on Bomi's face.

 

" You are the strongest soulkeeper in the world, Yoon Bomi."

 

She repeated while looking into Bomi's brown eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

Silence…………………………

 

 

 

 

 

Bomi tilts her head to the right and she looks at the woman in front of her carefully. And she tilts her head to the left again.

 

The woman follows her gesture and she tilts her head according to Bomi.

 

" Ha ha ha ha ha."

 

Bomi suddenly laughs loudly making the woman to furrow her eyesbrows.

 

" Why are you laughing?? "

 

"Ajjuma, I know you are not a human since you came like wind. But stop joking. I am a normal girl."

 

Bomi them leans towards her and she whispers.

 

" And you know? My in-law is the greatest vampire in this world. She will kill you if you try to mess with me."

 

" Wh… Wha… What? What did you just said?? A vampire??? "

 

" Yes. You are panic, right?? "

 

" Shut up!! Why a vampire become your in-law??? "

 

" Because I am married to their daughter."

 

" What!!! "

 

" Ok. Not married yet. But we will soon."

 

Bomi said and a stupid smile appears on her face immediately. The woman shakes her head and she seems she looks like a mad woman.

 

" This is wrong. This is so wrong!! "

 

She shouts while she is shaking her head.

 

" What's wrong?? "

 

" Don't act like a stupid. You are a soulkeeper and she is a vampire. How you can fall in love?? "

 

" Ummm, ajjuma. What are you talking??? I am not a soulkeeper."

 

Bomi tries to say but she close when she meets with the glare of the woman.

 

" Yoon Bomi."

 

She calls with a soft tone. 

 

" Come with me."

 

But this voice is full with some kind of power and Bomi can't reject her at that time.

 

" Yes."

 

Bomi says and the woman smiles. She walks towards Bomi and holds her by the shoulder before she leads her to a car which is stopped nearby.

 

" You have a car?? "

 

" Yeah. Wae?? Can't a soulkeeper drive?? "

 

" No. I mean you are too powerful. You can fly in the sky. There is no need to spend your money for a car."

 

" Aha ha ha. You think I am poor?? Do you know how many years I have been living on this earth?? Huh?? "

 

She said and Bomi doesn't answer. But she can guess that this woman is about a thousand years old or more??

 

" Bomi-ah, when your parents come to me for the first time, I can't forget their worried faces. But, lucky to them, you grow up too well. And you even got a girlfriend?? Huh! They will be very happy for you."

 

" Wait a minute. Do you really know my parents?? "

 

" Of course. I do!! "

 

She said and she looks at Bomi from the back mirror.

 

" I will tell you everything when we reach my place."

 

The woman said and Bomi nods. She doesn't want to ask questions anymore and so she just looks outside and follows the woman.

 

Is the woman telling the truth?? Does she really know her parents??

 

And what is her? Is she really a soulkeeper??

 

It can't be! But if she is really a soulkeeper, what should she do?? Unnie is a vampire and she is a soulkeeper. Then, their love will be forbidden.

 

No. It can't be!!!

 

" We are here."

 

She said and Bomi wakes up from her own world. She looks at the woman in front and tries to smile.

 

They come out from the car and Bomi is surprised to see a large grand house in front of her.

 

" Wow. You are rich."

 

" Yeah. I told you."

 

The woman said and she opens the door.

 

" Come in. I am living alone."

 

She said and enters the house. Bomi follows her and she looks around the house. The house is decorated perfectly and Bomi comments.

 

" Hey, your house is too good for a thousand years old woman like you."

 

" Aha ha ha. Yes. I am very modernize. Have a seat."

 

She points to the couch and Bomi sits on the couch. 

 

" What do you want to drink? "

 

" Nothing. Thank you."

 

" Ahh, don't shy. This will be your new home so you can stay free here."

 

" Yes?? "

 

Bomi doesn't understand and she asks again. The woman sighs and she looks at Bomi.

 

" You have to stay here and learn things from me."

 

" For what? "

 

" I've told you. You are the greatest soulkeepr in this world."

 

She said and Bomi doesn't laugh this time.

 

" Are you serious?? "

 

" Don't you really know anything?? "

 

" No."

 

She said and the woman points to herself.

 

" But you know who I am. Right?? "

 

" No."

 

" Damn!! I will go kill Im Jinah!! "

 

She said and then she clears .

 

" Ok. Let's start from the proper introduction. I am Lee Chaerim. And I am the CEO of CL Corp."

 

" What??? Are you kidding me??!! This is the no.1 corporation in Korea."

 

Bomi shouts and CL just smiles.

 

" But my secret side is that I am the oldest soulkeeper in this world. And my duty is waiting for the powerful successor and teach him or her."

 

" And you are saying that this is me?? "

 

" Imm hmm."

 

CL nods innocently and Bomi shakes her head.

 

" How it can be?? I am just a normal girl. I don't have any power."

 

" This is because you are not 18 yet. When you become 18, you will be powerful enough to kill the chosen one."

 

" What? "

 

" Let me begin from the start."

 

CL said and she sits in front of Bomi.

 

" Your father and mother, Dongwook and Dahae were one of the best soulkeepers. They did their missions together and fell in love. Unfortunately, the leader of the soulkeeper forbiddened that the two soulkeepers can't fall in love so…… "

 

" Why it is forbiddened?? "

 

" There was a rumor that two soulkeepers will get married and the most powerful soulkeeper will be born. And he will take the crown from the current leader of the soulkeepers. So the leader wanted to make this rumor never comes true."

 

" Aww."

 

" But your father and mother couldn't help but fell in love and they decided to run away from the leader and the others. They hide in somewhere with the help of their friend, Im Jinah who is currently the guardian of yours and got married. And later, Dahae became pregnant."

 

CL seems she remembers the past. Her voice changes and her manner becomes calm.

 

" I am the oldest soulkeeper but I am not interested in their crown war so I was living alone away from them. When your parents came and found me, they were so pity. And I also have the duty to raise the powerful soulkeeper so I accepted to help them. They told me to look for you at their friend's house if they couldn't come back to me again and they went back. And this was the last time I could see their faces."

 

CL pauses her long story.

 

" I heard that the leader found them and they had to pay their lives for their love. I had to wait 18 years to look for you. And now, it is time to learn."

 

She stops and looks at Bomi's face. Bomi is looking at her with unblink eyes and CL is surprised to see tears in her eyes.

 

" Yah!! Don't cry. I don't know how to comfort."

 

CL said and Bomi wipes the tears with the back of her palm.

 

" So I am really the soulkeeper?? "

 

" Yes. Not only a soulkeeper but also the chosen one. You have to kill Park Jiyeon's soul. I will teach you how to do. Aish!!!. I should look for the soul first. It's ok. It's easy to locate her. You can kill her with ease."

 

" But Ajjuma…… "

 

Bomi inhales.

 

" What if I know who the soul is? "

 

" Huh!! You know?? Who is it?? "

 

" This is the one I am falling in love."

 

Bomi quietly said and CL is surprised.

 

" Do I really have to kill her?? "

 

Bomi asks and CL doesn't know what to answer at that time.

 

" Ummm…… Bomi-ah. What should I say? Even if you are in love with her, you will not have a choice. You will have to kill her no matter what."

 

" No. I can't!! "

 

" This is your duty to kill her before she will kill everyone on this earth!! "

 

" I don't care!! Whatever she does, I don't care!! I can't kill her. No. I can't even lay a finger on her!! "

 

Bomi shouts and she stands up in anger.

 

" Where are you going?? "

 

" I am going back. There is no need for me to stay here anymore."

 

Bomi said and she walks towards the door.

 

" Wait!! If you go now, how we can save the world??? Your girl is an evil!! "

 

She shouts but Bomi continues to walk. This is enough for her.

 

" Yah!! Yoon Bomi!! Are you really going??!! "

 

Bomi grabs the door knob and opens the door.

 

" Alright!! Then, I will not tell you a way to save your girl."

 

" What? "

 

Bomi hears the whisper of the last sentence and she turns around.

 

" What did you say?? "

 

" I think you aren't interested anymore."

 

" Just tell me!! "

 

" Ok. Ok. Why you are always shouting?? Well, although it is difficult, I have a solution."

 

" What is this?? "

 

Bomi asks again and CL smirks.

 

" I can't tell you easily. You have to listen to me first."

 

She said and Bomi forwns.

 

" What have I do for you?? "

 

" Easy. Learn from me."

 

CL said and Bomi is thinking the offer. She bites her lip and asks.

 

" Are you sure you know the solution?? "

 

" Yes. Soulkeeper must not tell lies. I know the way to save your girl. And I will tell you after you have learnt how to use your powers."

 

She said and Bomi knows that she has no choice.

 

" I will do everything if I can save unnie. Ok. I agree."

 

She said and CL nods.

 

" Immm. You have to stay here and learn from me for a week. The red fullmoon day is coming."

 

" Ok."

 

Bomi weakly answers and she walks back into the living room. CL smiles and she walks towards Bomi and pulls her into a hug.

 

" I know you are afraid. But kid, this is your fate. You can't run away from it."

 

She whispers.

 

" But don't worry. I am here to help you. Everything will be fine."

 

She pads Bomi's back slowly. Bomi stands still in CL's embrace and she is confusing about the situation.

 

This is too much for her to handle. She needs time to progress first.

 

But the most important thing right now is to save Chorong. Even if it is the slightest hope, she has to do it. 

 

Even if she is a soulkeeper. Even if she has a duty to kill the soul of Park Jiyeon. Bomi doesn't care. She only cares about Chorong. She needs to find a way to save Chorong.

 

Now, she has some hope. And CL said she will help her. She doesn't know she should trust this strange woman or not but she has no choice. This is all she can do.

 

But will it be alright like CL said???