Hyoyeon's story

Don't Play With My Heart

" Hyoyeon-na, are you sure that I am ok?? " 

 

Taeyeon asks while she is looking at her own image in the mirror. She is not wearing her black long coat and she has changed her everything from head to toe.

 

Hyoyeon volunteers to be Taeyeon's personal stylist and she helps her to change into a more modernize form. She pushes Taeyeon out from the room in front of Sunny and Fany who are waiting for them.

 

" Wow. That's so amazing!! "

 

" She changed a lot."

 

" You are so awesome, Hyoyeon-na."

 

They said and Taeyeon's face darken. She points to the proud Hyoyeon and said.

 

" What!! You guys are saying that she is great?? What about me?? "

 

" Of course, you are so cute, Tae Tae."

 

Fany quickly said and Sunny takes out a car key from her pocket.

 

" Are you sure you can drive?? "

 

" Yes. I got my liesence two days ago."

 

" But there will be kids in the car so please take care of your driving."

 

" I know it so stop lecturing me."

 

" Taeyeon-na. You really want to go??? I can go and pick them up."

 

" You are so talkative, Sunkyu. Just give me the key."

 

Taeyeon said and she takes the car key from Sunny. Then she goes down to the downstairs and comes out from the house. There is a red sport car stopping ready in front of the house.

 

Taeyeon smiles widely and she enters into the car.

 

" They will so surprise to see me."

 

She whispers and drives off the car to school. She has been learning driving for a month and she gets her liesence. She wants to make her daughters proud because of her and so she tries to change herself. 

 

She drives happily to school while she is thinking of how her daughters' faces will be changed when they saw her.

 

" This will be so fun."

 

She thinks and she stops the car near the school gate and waits for her three daughters.

 

After about five minutes, she saw a couple walking to the gate. The taller one is putting her arm on the other. Taeyeon furrows her eyebrows as she thinks she knows that girl.

 

" Huh?? "

 

She is surprised when they are closer.

 

" Ji… Jiyoung??? "

 

She whispers and looks carefully at them. Yes. This is her own daughter, Jiyoung. She is happy and playing around with the other girl.

 

" Who is she?? Is this her girlfriend?? "

 

She is talking to herself and she wants to get out of the car and runs to them at that moment. But she controls herself as the other two still hasn't arrived. What if they are dating too??

 

She thinks and she waits more. At that time, she saw another couple walking to there.

 

" Chorong?? "

 

She quietly said. Chorong is hugging the other girl by the waist and the later is hugging her back by the shoulder.

 

Taeyeon becomes sad by the two daughters. But the two don't see her and they are joking around. As she is watching secretly in the car, she saw Namjoo alone walking to the gate.

 

" So my youngest daughter is not dating?? "

 

She thinks. But she knows she was wrong when another tall and beautiful girl follows her and they end up in a tight hug.

 

" Damn!! "

 

Taeyeon angrily hits the steering wheel with her palm. And she starts the engine and drives to them. They don't care about her when she stops the car beside them. Taeyeon comes out from the car and they seem they don't recognize her.

 

She will be very happy if it were only her three daughters. But all her good moods are ruined by the other strangers. She said coldly to them.

 

" Daughters, get into the car."

 

They widen their eyes when they hear her voice. 

 

" Dadd… Daddy."

 

" Get in."

 

She said and the three enter the car obediently. Taeyeon glares to the three strangers who are looking at them with confused wide eyes and she also gets into the car.

 

And she drives the car back to the home. On the way, they don't dare to speak and deadly silence is filled in the car. And finally after about ten years in their mind, they reach to their house.

 

Taeyeon doesn't say anything and she enterd the house with wide steps.

 

" Tae Tae, you are- What's wrong?? "

 

Fany notices her husband's weird face so she asks. But the later doesn't say anything and she just walks up to her room. And Tiffany saw that her three daughters are coming into the house.

 

She knows that something is wrong with them so she decides to check on her husband first. She follows Taeyeon after she signals the daughters to sit and wait in the living room.

 

Sunny and Hyoyeon quickly walk to them and they sit beside them.

 

" What happened?? "

 

" Aunty, I think we are dead."

 

" Wae?? "

 

" Daddy knows about us."

 

" What!!! "

 

Both of the Aunties widen their eyes and said. 

 

" How?? "

 

" She saw us."

 

" All three together?? "

 

" Immmm."

 

" Bloody hell~"

 

They both said. 

 

" PANY!!! You have to talk to your daughters!! If I have a talk with them, I might beat them!! "

 

They clearly hear Taeyeon's loud voice and murmur sounds from Fany. The three daughters lower their heads and they are afraid of their father.

 

" Tae Tae!! Tae Tae!! No!! "

 

They hear the heavy steps from the upper stairs and they saw Taeyeon walking down really fast from the stairs. Fany is following Taeyeon and she seems she is trying to stop Taeyeon.

 

" Taeyeon. Taeyeon. Relax."

 

Sunny stands up and she tries to stay in between the three kids and Taeyeon. 

 

" Get out of my way!! "

 

She said and she tries to remove Sunny between them. Her eyes are crack and red as she is so angry and the three daughters don't even dare to breathe.

 

" Taeyeon, enough."

 

Hyoyeon said as she also stands up tp move Taeyeon back.

 

" MOVE!! "

 

" Taeyeon, I said stop."

 

Hyoyeon said again but Taeyeon roughly jerks her hands. Hyoyeon becomes angry, too and she shouts.

 

" I SAID ENOUGH!!! "

 

She said and she uses her power to throw Taeyeon to the wall.

 

" Tae Tae!! "

 

Fany quickly runs to there to help Taeyeon to stand up. Hyoyeon is also with red eyes and she continues to shout.

 

" This is not a big problem. They are teenagers so they can find their own happiness. And you too were with the one you loved at their age. You don't have to stop them to date."

 

She said and Taeyeon is looking at her. Hyoyeon continues.

 

" And Taeyeon, your daughters are not kids anymore. They can decide about their own life. And I don't want you to repeat the old story again."

 

She whispers the last part. Taeyeon's face become darken by Hyoyeon's words. But Hyoyeon doesn't stop yet.

 

" Taeyeon-na, don't make your daughters to have the fate like me. This is so hurt. You will never understand the feeling of letting go someone we love. "

 

She said. Taeyeon's body becomes shaken and she nods.

 

" Alright. Alright. I will stop. But Pany, you have to talk with them."

 

" Arasso. But I have to send you to our room first."

 

Tiffany said and she takes Taeyeon back to their room. Hyoyeon sits down on the coach and Sunny quickly holds onto her arm.

 

" You ok?? "

 

" Yeah."

 

" Don't be so angry. She lost control because of her daughters."

 

" I know. But she is so over today."

 

Hyoyeon said. The three daughters are so surprised as Aunty Hyo can control their wild Daddy. 

 

" It is strange. Aunty can stop Daddy by only one word."

 

" Immm. "

 

" Should we ask to them why? "

 

" Let's ask."

 

Chorong said and they decide to ask their aunties.

 

" Aunties?? "

 

" Yes?? "

 

" Why Daddy stopped?? "

 

They ask and Sunny shakes her head to signal them to stop. But Hyoyeon smiles weakly and she holds into Sunny's hand.

 

" It's ok. They should know this."

 

She said and she stands up.

 

" Come on. Let's go to my room."

 

She said and she takes the three sisters to her room. Sunny just stays in the living room and let them to go by theirselves. They enter into the room and they find that the room is neat and tidy. 

 

Their aunty Hyo doesn't stay at home that much and they don't go into her room. They sit on the bed and they wait for their aunty to speak.

 

Hyoyeon picks up the hourglass on the table and she is staring at it for a few seconds. Then she turns around to them and said.

 

" Kids, you want to know why your daddy listened to me, right?? "

 

They silently nods as they don't want to disturb the peaceful silence in the room. Hyoyeon smiles weakly and she shows them the hourglass.

 

The sand is flowing from the tob bulb to the bottom one. There is no strange things with the hourglass. This is just an ordinary hourglass for them.

 

" This is the last thing she gave to me. "

 

Hyoyeon starts.

 

" This is the last present from the one I love."

 

She said and they all are surprised that they never heard from Aunty Hyo about lover.

 

" We have to be aparted because of Taeyeon. And so she feels guilty about it."

 

She starts and tells them about her story.

 

 

 

 

Flashback

 

 

 

" Yah!! Kim Hyoyeon!! "

 

" What!! "

 

Hyoyeon shouts back at Taeyeon who is glaring her with flaming eyes. 

 

" I always listen to your words but this time, please let me do whatever I want."

 

She shouts back but Taeyeon never stops.

 

" No. No means no. Hyo, listen. Dating a human is so dangerous for us. And to love a human is not a possible thing. She will notice about you sooner or later."

 

" I don't care. I love her and I can transform her!!! "

 

" Really??? You want to be cruel on her?? Don't you know that how much she will have to be pain when her family, her friends and all the people that she knows wil die one after another?? Do you think that a vampire who is once a human can be happy??? "

 

Taeyeon asks and she has no words to say. What Taeyeon said was right. She cannot grantee that she will be happy to be a vampire.

 

Taeyeon notices that Hyo is weak so she continues.

 

" Hyoyeon-na, we are different. We are different from humans. We should stay away from them. Hmmm?? Remember that you are doing this only for her. You will be ok. Let's forget about her."

 

She said while she puts her arm over Hyoyeon's shoulder. Hyoyeon is now crying and she snuggles more into Taeyeon's arms.

 

 

 

From that time on, she doesn't go to her girlfriend anymore. But she can't leave her that easily so she goes to her place and watches all her moves everyday from a hidden place.

 

" Yooyeon-na, I am so sorry."

 

She whispers while she is watching her girlfriend who always runs out from her flower shop to check who is at the door whenever she hears a knock.

 

She seems she is always waiting for Hyoyeon. She always stays by thr window and looks outside by it, hoping that Hyoyeon will come.

 

Once, she accidently drops the vase and Hyoyeon catches it for her. But she is so quick that the human girl can only see a shadow.

 

And the time has passed from days to days, months to months and years to years. Hyoyeon keeps coming to the shop although the girl has turned into her seventy.

 

During this fifty years, the human girl keeps waiting for Hyoyeon and Hyoyeon keeps coming to watch her. One day, Hyoyeon doesn't see her in the shop and so she enters the shop. She thinks that the human girl will not recognize her.

 

To her horror, her lover is ill when she arrives and she is lying in her small bed. Hyoyeon walks towards her and sits beside her.

 

The room and neat and tidy and there is not much things in it. The only interesting and obvious thing is the hourglass on the table. 

 

Hyoyeon is about to touch the hourglass when a soft weak voice stops her.

 

" Don't Hyo. I let it to go down everyday while I am waiting for you."

 

Hyoyeon is surprised to hear this. She turns around to see that the human girl is now wake up and she is looking at her with a smile.

 

" Yooyeon-na. How- I- "

 

" I know. I know that you keeps watching over me everyday. I am waiting for the day you will come and see me."

 

She said and tears start to fall from Hyoyeon's eyes. She slowly holds onto he lover's hand and tries her best not to shed a tear.

 

" I'm sorry."

 

" It's ok. I'm glad to see you again before I die. This is a little funny. I am now a grandma but you are still at your twenty."

 

" Immm. But please don't say like this. You are not dying."

 

She said but the old lady shakes her head.

 

" No, Hyo. I know that you will come to me and I am just waiting for this. I can go now."

 

" No. No. You can't die."

 

Hyoyeon said like a fool and she tries to do something but she doesn't know what to do. Yooyeon slowly holds onto her hand and she smiles.

 

" Hyoyeon-na, thanks you for loving me this long. And I have a present for you."

 

She said and she looks at the table where the hourglass is placed. Hyoyeon notices it and she takes it.

 

" This is the only one friend for me who waits for you together with me. Every morning, when I wake up, I turn it over and let the sand flows the whole day. And another day, I turn it over again. I turn it over and over again and waits for you to come and find me but you never did."

 

The old lady seems she is out of breathe as she has to speak many things. Hyoyeon is about to take her water but she stops her.

 

" All my tears, sorrow, loneliness and love for you are placed in that hourglass. Hyo, take it as my last present. And I always love you. "

 

" Yooyeon-na. You can't die. Yooyeon-na!!! "

 

Hyoyeon shouts and she calls to the old lady who is now closing her eyes. But the next thing she knows is that her old hand drops from her hand and her moving chest stops breathing.

 

" No. No. No. This can't be!! Yooyeon-na!! Jung Yooyeon!! "

 

She shouts and tries to call her lover but she has already said goodbye to the world. Hyoyeon loses her control and she is now shouting and crying painfully while she is holding her lover's hand.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

End of Flashback

 

 

 

 

" I knew at that moment that Yooyeon didn't have any relaives or friends or family. Taeyeon lied to me as she doesn't like humans. She lied to me and forced me to break up with her. If I can transform her, we can be happy together now. I know it is Taeyeon's false but I didn't say her anything. And this made her uncomfortable, too. From that time on, I stay alone and I put all my mind to business."

 

Hyoyeon said while she is wiping the tears in her eyes. The three sisters are staring at their aunty like an alien as they never hear this kind of story from her. And they feel reslly sorry for her, too.

 

" Taeyeon becomes a selfish person after … after our gang has aparted. She doesn't want us to love someone. She only wants to keep people in the house. Daughters, don't worry. Aunty is on your side. I will make sure that she will not disturb in your love lives."

 

She said. And the three kids nod their heads silently.

 

" I will talk with her later. For tonight, go to your room and sleep. "

 

" Arasso, aunty."

 

They all said and they go out from her room. But before they close the door, they hear that Aunty Hyo is looking at the hourglass and talking something.

 

" Yooyeon-na, I will not let Taeyeon to control the love of others anymore. I will help them."

 

She said and she kisses the hourglass while a tear is running down from her closed eyes.