New One

Don't Play With My Heart

It's been six months that they become friends. The Kwon family is very friendly to them and so they are now as close as friends who have known each other for a very, very long time.

 

" Taeyeon-na!!! Taeng!!! "

 

" Yes??? I am coming!!! "

 

Taeyeon shouts and she runs out from the room. Yuri looks at her and smirks.

 

" What are you doing in your room??? Where is Miyoung?? "

 

" Yah!! Why you are looking for my wife?? "

 

Taeyeon said with a red face as she understands what Yuri means. Yuri raises her eyebrows and she is staring at Taeyeon with her playful smirk. Yoona who is beside her father shows her alligator smile and she said.

 

" Taeng unnie, just wear your clothes properly. You forget to tie the string. Hee hee."

 

She points to Taeyeon's body and whispers which makes Taeyeon to check her body in fear.

 

" Aha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha."

 

" High Five!! "

 

Yuri and Yoona give high five and Taeyeon widens her eyes as she now underatands that she is tricked by the chodings.

 

" Yah!!! How dare you- "

 

" Sorry. I just want to tease you."

 

" Ha ha. You should look at your face, Taeng unnie."

 

" Shut up, Yoona. I will not let you to come near to my daughter anymore."

 

" No way!! I will be so bored if Hyunie is not in my life."

 

" Aww. You are saying like my daughter is your toy."

 

" No. No. I didn't mean like this. I really want to be close to Hyunie. She is the one who is avoiding me all the time."

 

Yoona said with a pout and Taeyeon sighs. And she pads Yoona's arm.

 

" She has her own reason, kid."

 

She said and she walks ahead of them. Yuri and Yoona look at each other. Yuri smiles and she said.

 

" You can stay here if you want."

 

" Really??? "

 

" Yeah. Going to town is not a big deal so we can go only two."

 

" Thanks, appa."

 

Yoona said and she walks into the house while she is turning her head left to right and looks for Juhyun.

 

" Awww, Yoona?? "

 

" Sunkyu unnie, where is Hyunie??? "

 

" She is sick so I made her to stay in bed."

 

" Sick?? What happened?? "

 

" Just a usual case."

 

Sunkyu said and Yoona can feel that she doesn't like to talk about it. So she decides not to ask her anymore. 

 

" Can I see her??? "

 

" Yes. But I am afraid that she will fall asleep."

 

" It's ok. I can wait till she wakes up."

 

" Sure."

 

Sunkyu said and she lets Yoona to enter the house. Yoona walks to Juhyun's room and she knocks on the door.

 

" Hyunie, are you sleeping??? "

 

She asks but she receives no reply. So she slowly opens the door and enters the room.

 

" Hyunie?? "

 

She calls and walks to the bed where Juhyun is sleeping. A smile appears on her face automatically and she sits on the bed beside Juhyun.

 

" Hyunie."

 

She whispers and holds Juhyun's hand gently. She can feel that Juhyun's fingers are cold and she sighs.

 

" You must be so tired."

 

She looks at Juhyun's peaceful face. This is the third time for her to see Juhyun falling sick. And everytime Juhyun is sick, her hair becomes more and more white.

 

Now, almost half of the hair is white and Yoona can guess that Juhyun is not ordinarilly sick.

 

She leans and kisses the younger girl's hand in hers. At that time, Juhyun moves a little and she opens her eyes.

 

" Aww, Hyunie. Did I wake you up??? "

 

" No. But- Why are you holding my hand?? "

 

" Ooh. Sorry."

 

Juhyun asks with a red face and Yoona realizes that she is holding Juhyun's hand without permission so she quickly releases her hand.

 

Juhyun lets out a breathe from her nostrils and she sits up in the bed.

 

" Ahh, Hyunie. You should lie down if you are sick."

 

" It's ok. Yoona unnie."

 

She said 'it's ok' first but she said hestitaely 'Yoona unnie'. And Yoona can guess that Juhyun is still not friendly with her.

 

" Hyunie, you want a walk with me??? "

 

" Walk?? "

 

Juhyun asks while she is looking at Yoona's face in uncertain. But Yoona is looking at her with a warm smile and so she decides to have a walk with Yoona. At least, Yoona is not the one who will hurt her.

 

" Ok. Let's go."

 

She said and Yoona's smile turns into an alligator smile because of her answer.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

xxx xxx xxx

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon and Yuri come back from the town with the things they went to buy. They walk along the road which leads to outside the town.

 

* A step *

 

Yuri quickly turns around and she looks around. Taeyeon looks at her and asks.

 

" Wae?? "

 

" No. Nothing."

 

Yuri said but her eyebrows are arching and so Taeyeon can say that something is on her mind.

 

* A step *

 

Yuri turs around and she sees that a shadow is disappeared behind a building.

 

" What is happening, Yuri-ya?? "

 

Taeyeon asks but Yuri is looking around the surrounding and searching for someone.

 

" We have a stalker."

 

" Stalker?? "

 

Taeyeon whispers and she also looks around, trying to find that someone.

 

" Let's go. May be that stalker can be caught in the forest."

 

" Ok."

 

They agree and come out from the town. The road leads them to the forest and they walk carefully towards their home back.

 

* Rustling of Leaves *

 

Both Yuri and Taeyeon hear the unusual movements of leaves and they look at each other. They signal each other and jump onto the trees beside them suddenly.

 

 

" Huh?? Where are they?? "

 

A young man appears in their view and he is looking around while trying to see them.

 

" They just disappeared here."

 

He is murmuring and rubbing his neck while exhales heavily. At that time, Yuri and Taeyeon who are on the trees jump down and they attack him suddenly.

 

" Yah!!! "

 

Yuri and Taeyeon attack him from both side so he doesn't have a chance to avoid. So he extends his hands and stops their fists to his face. And he also attack them back.

 

" Stop. Stop. Stop. Wait a minute."

 

He said but they don't want to stop. They are leading this fight and so they don't want to lose this chance. They continue to fight him and this time, he can't stop them. 

 

* Bang!!! *

 

He is sent away from them and lies on the ground by hitting with a tree.

 

" Is he dead?? "

 

" Don't know. Let's go check."

 

Yuri runs to him and she pulls him up. And slowly leans his body to the tree and slaps his face.

 

" Yah!! Yah!! Wake up!!! "

 

She tries to wake him up and his eyes open. Taeyeon also walks to him and her face changes when she sees his face.

 

" Huh? "

 

She thinks she has seen this face somewhere. 

 

" Yah!!! Answer me!! Why are you following us???!! "

 

Yuri asks but he looks at Taeyeon only.

 

" Taeyeon noona. I was sent by Siwon hyung."

 

" Siwon?? "

 

Taeyeon is thinking and a handsome tall man runs into her head suddenly. 

 

" Siwon oppa??? Omo na. Are you Kyuhyun??? "

 

" Yeah. I am."

 

He said and Yuri turns to her.

 

" You know him?? "

 

" Yes. He is our old friend."

 

" Oh."

 

Yuri releases her grip on his collar and he can breathe now. Taeyeon extends her hand and she helps this guy to stand up.

 

" Why are you looking for us?? "

 

" Because I have a message for you."

 

" Message?? "

 

He nods and Yuri is just looking at them as she doesn't understand what they are talking.

 

" Yuri-ya. He is from the old group of us. And the leader of the old group sent a message for us."

 

" Awww."

 

" Kyuhyun-na. You can tell in front of her. She is my friend."

 

" Immmm."

 

He nods and he starts to explain.

 

" We have a news that the soulkeepers know about Juhyun."

 

" What! "

 

" And they start to follow your family."

 

" This is impossible."

 

Taeyeon whispers and she seems she has lost her soul.

 

" Siwon hyung also told that he wanted you guys to come back to family. He has also invited the wolves for extra forces."

 

Wolves??? What are they doing with wolves?? And why the soulkeepers are following them??? 

 

Yuri is thinking but she still doesn't say a thing. Kyuhyun sighs and he said.

 

" I want to tell you that you should come back to our family. We can find a way together. Hmmmm?? And I don't want Juhyun to be hurt."

 

He whispers the last sentence and they see a tear flashes in his eyes. 

 

Huh?? This guy is intested in Juhyun?? I think Yoong has a rival now.

 

Yuri thinks and she is checking the man's condition. Taeyeon sighs and she looks at the young man.

 

" Alright. I will talk about it with the family."

 

" Immm. Send a bat to us if you want to come back."

 

" Wae??? Don't you come to our house?? "

 

" No. I have to go back and tell hyung."

 

" Don't you want to see Juhyun?? "

 

Taeyeon asks with a smile and the man's face turns red. He is rubbing his neck and whispers.

 

" No. I will only see her when you come back home."

 

" Alright. Tell Siwon oppa that we are ok."

 

" Take care. We cannot know who is soulkeeper. You should take care with everything."

 

" I got it."

 

Taeyeon said and he walks backwards.

 

" Bye. I'm going."

 

" Bye."

 

Taeyeon whispers and he disappers from their sight in a blink of eyes.

 

" Who is he?? "

 

Yuri asks and Taeyeon looks at her.

 

" What is happening to your family??? What can I help you?? "

 

" Wait. Wait. Wait a minute, friend."

 

Taeyeon stops Yuri and she pulls her by the shoulder.

 

" I will explain you everything. But let's go back home first. I want to explain everyone from your family. We are friends now and I think you guys can help us."

 

Taeyeon said and she takes Yuri back to their house.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

xxx xxx xxx

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

" Hyunie, are you feeling well?? "

 

Yoona asks while she is looking at the younger girl's face. Juhyun looks at her and she smiles.

 

" Yes. I am ok. Don't worry."

 

" It's nice to have a walk here, right?? "

 

She asks and Juhyun nods.

 

" Yes. The environment here is so pleasant. And I can get fresh air here. So I like to walk."

 

" But I have a different reason. I like to walk here because I like my walking partner."

 

Yoona said and Juhyun lowers her head as she wants to hide her blushing face. 

 

" What are you talking Yoona unnie??? "

 

" Awww. I have read a poem. It is written about having a walk together with the one you like under the moonlight."

 

" But now, it is daytime and we are not lovers."

 

Juhyun said and Yoona smiles.

 

" Yes. Yes. We are not. You don't regard me even as a friend."

 

She said and Juhyun looks at her with wide eyes.

 

" No. No. I see you as a friend."

 

" Really??? "

 

" Yes. You are good to me even I have been cold to you."

 

Yoona smiles widely and she said.

 

" Thank you."

 

Juhyun only smiles weakly and she continues to walk. But-

 

" Ahhh."

 

" Hyunie!!! "

 

Juhyun suddenly loses her balance and she is about to fall onto the ground but Yoona quickly holds her in her arms.

 

" Are you ok??? "

 

" Yeah. I was a little dizzy."

 

" Careful, Hyunie. I cannot forgive myself if something happens to you."

 

Yoona said worriedly and she sighs. And she sits in front of Juhyun.

 

" What are you- "

 

" Hop on. I can take you back to house."

 

" No. No. No. I can walk."

 

" Hyunie, don't be stubborn. Come on. You are still sick and Taeyeon unnie will kill me if she knows that I took you out for a walk. We need to be home before she comes back."

 

Yoona jokes and Juhyun smiles. She slowly walks towards Yoona and her heartbeat becomes crazy as she has to climb onto Yoona's back. This is her first time of staying close to someone and so she is so nervous as well as excited.

 

" Hyunie!! What are you waiting for??? Come on!! "

 

Juhyun is thinking and she hestitates but finally she makes up her mind and slowly climbs onto Yoona.

 

" I will stand up now."

 

Yoona said and she slowly stands up. Juhyun is just holding Yoona's shoulder and she is stiffing her body so that she can make a distance between them. Yoona has to hold onto Juhyun's body from the lower and she is trying her best not to hold Juhyun's . She doesn't want Juhyun to be uncomfortable because of her.

 

Both of them are blushing and happy at the same time. After about a minute, Juhyun becomes comfortable with Yoona and she hugs Yoona by the neck and leans closer to Yoona. Yoona smiles and she walks slowly as she wants to hold Juhyun as long as she can.

 

* Fight, scream, shouts *

 

" Huh! "

 

Both of them are surprised when they hear noises from nearby. Yoona drops Juhyun from her back and she said.

 

" Juhyun-na. I will go check what is happening. Stay here and wait for me."

 

" No, Yoona unnie. I will come with you."

 

" It's dangerous. Stay here."

 

Yooba said and she walks away from Juhyun. Juhyun doesn't like the idea of letting go Yoona alone and so she is thinking while biting her lower lip.

 

" Yoongie!!! "

 

Yoona stops her steps when she hears Juhyun's words. She turns around and looks at Juhyun with wide eyes.

 

" Yoongie!!! Wait!! "

 

Juhyun shouts and she runs towards Yoona. Yoona thinks that a white butterfly is running to her while watching Juhyun.

 

Juhyun reaches to the surprised Yoona and she holds onto Yoona's arm.

 

" Yoongie. I will come with you."

 

" Yoon…… Yoon…… Yoongie?? "

 

" Wae??? You call me Hyunie so I call you Yoongie. Wae??? Don't you like it??? "

 

" Of… of… of course. I like it."

 

Yoona stutters in happiness and she shows her alligator smile that Juhyun likes a lot.

 

" Let's go, Yoongie. Let's go check what is happening."

 

Seohyun said and she pulls Yoona to the direction where they hear the noises. 

 

" Huh!! "

 

They saw a young woman covered with blood lying on the ground.

 

" A woman."

 

" Let's go check."

 

Yoona said and they run to the woman. 

 

" Hey. Hey."

 

Yoona tries to call the lady and she opens her eyes.

 

" Hey, you ok??? "

 

" Ju……… Juhyun. I want to meet Juhyun."

 

She whispers and they both surprised. And they look at each other. 

 

" Ju…… Juhyun…… "

 

" I am. I am Juhyun. Why you want to meet me??? "

 

" Ju…… Juhyun-na. The soulkeepers attacked me."

 

" Why?? "

 

They never heard that soulkeepers are in this town so this is a brand new message for them. The wounded lady inhales and she explains.

 

" Because I know the secret of yours. And I know how to solve it."

 

She said and Juhyun widens her eyes.

 

" How… How do you… "

 

" Juhyun-na, I am Park Bom. And I am here to help you."

 

She whispers and she falls onto the ground.

 

" Unnie!!! Unnie!!! Park Bom unnie!!! Yoongie, do something!! She is dying!!! "

 

Juhyun doesn't look like herself. She is nervous and exciting at the same time. Yoona is confused with the condition but she knows she has to help Juhyun.

 

" Hyunie, relax. She is not dead!! "

 

Yoona said and Juhyun looks at her. Yoona holds onto her hand and she stares into Juhyun's eyes.

 

" We have to take her to Sunkyu unnie. She can help us."

 

She said and Juhyun nods.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

xxx xxx xxx

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

" And she reached our house by this way."

 

Hyoyeon pauses and she looks at the two younger girls who are listening to her story carefully. When she stops, they sigh. Bomi smiles and she comments.

 

" I don't know why but I love Yoona unnie's character here. She is so sweet."

 

" Yes. She is. She is the most caring girl I have ever seen in my life."

 

Hyoyeon said while she is remembering her alligator friend. Chorong inhales and she is thinking that she has a connection with Juhyun in some way. She can't explain but her heart is telling that Juhyun is a close person to her.

 

Hyoyeon smiles weakly and she said.

 

" And we accepted her in the family. At that time, we didn't know that we were doing a mistake. We only cared about Juhyun. And the curse."

 

" Curse??? What curse?? "

 

Chorong asks while she is caressing Bomi's hair who is putting her chin on her thigh. Hyoyeon is staring at them and she smiles again.

 

" Yes. I have to explain about the curse. This is the most important part of the story. "

 

She said.

 

" And you have to understand about it."