#8

Catch Me

See this heart, won't settle down

Like a child running scared from a clown

I'm terrified of what you do, my stomach screams just when I look at you

 

She knows her feeling is coming again. This day, she doesn’t wanna meet Jongin directly, she doesn’t know how her expression will be. But she reliefs that he will come to watch her perform with Moonseok. By that tiny fact, she’s happy.

Last night, he told her about Inyoung which reminds her before she’s going on stage. ‘Inyoung must be with the boys now,’ she wonders what will happen to them. But heard him saying things like last night it makes her hope rise up though she knows she shouldn’t hope a thing like this. She wants to know his feelings but she doesn’t want to fall in his arms. Even there are signs from him, yet she’s not convinced.  For her, the last word from him is not a statement of his feeling, it’s merely just announcement. A hopeful announcement for her.

As the band is calling up, she walks on the stage, sees the audiences and finally find her bestfriend, high school crush, and her high school friends. Just like the way she predicted, Inyoung stands beside Jongin. Apparently there’s Moonseok besides her. Krystal smiles and gives a slight waves at them. The three replies from a far.

She can fully divide her concentrate on singing and sees her high school crush. How many times she sees Inyoung talks with Jongin happily, but what she read from Jongin’s expression is just so-so to talk with Inyoung. Maybe it’s just her conclusion (or she’s trying to make one), she’s smiling at him once in her singing. He smiles back at her too.

After the performance ends, she goes to the backstage, checks her appearance from the mirror then smiles when sees Moonseok. She turns back and gives a high-five.

“You did great!” he says. “I can’t wait to hang out in my house after this. You pay,” Krystal chuckles.

“Great job, young lady!” Jongin comes behind her and pat her head. She silent herself then turn around when Inyoung’s voice is heard. She congratulates her too.

“I wanna look around the festivals outside!” Inyoung said and makes a friendly link arm with Krystal. In her force, she’s just dragged right away. Being in force too, the boys just follow behind. Jongin, Krystal, and Moonseok should have went to Moonseok’s house right away not trapped by the high school rival.

Inyoung is focusing right now on an exciting games, Jongin and Moonseok just watch her play. Krystal decides to get away from the group, no one notices. She stands under the tree near the lake (which is dark and she hates it).

 

From: Krystal

Just say to Inyoung, am going first. You’re smart, you lie. To your home.

 

Moonseok feels his phone vibrated and reads the text right away. Inyoung’s game is finish, and Moonseok secretly exchange gazes with Jongin to go. “My mom texts me. I really need to go.”

“Okay then, take care,” said Jongin. Inyoung waves for goodbye. Now it’s time for Jongin to escape. “Krystal’s tired, she’s going home first,” he lies for Krystal. Inyoung just nods. “I’ll take you home, Inyoung-a. It’s getting late.”

Krystal is going first. She’s already in the midway then Moonseok catches up.

“I left them both, is it okay for you?” hearing that from Moonseok gives a slight disappointment from her, but she just nods.

“Yeah,” then she decides to tell story about Jongin to him. She decides to tell about last night too, though she is not sure of telling it. Lately, Jongin and Moonseok become closer.

“Do you like him again?” he asks.

She raises her shoulders, “I don’t know,” she doesn’t want to be honest right now.

“If you like him?”

“It’s gonna be strange.”

“Strange?” he frowns.

“Yeah, strange. I’m not able to talk to him. The atmosphere will be strange for me.”

“Don’t be, just act normal,” she pushes him lightly because he doesn’t know what it feels for her to be someone she likes. “Why?” she just sighs. And they arrive.

It’s Krystal’s birthday. She already saw her real present in the middle of the audience and now she got a chance to celebrate it with him. She’s practically happy right now. The pizza arrives just as they want to come into the house, Krystal pays it right away. “Partying today!”

They come in, Moonseok’s mom hugs her and congratulates her. She turns 21. The age of glory, officially becoming an adult. Then the bell rings, it’s Jongin all alone after accompanied Inyoung home.

“Hurry up! We cannot eat then!” Moonseok yells from the living room and the pizza’s already in the table surrounded by Krystal and Moonseok. Jongin brings an addition, a cake. “You brought a cake? Wow,” she heard it and saw on Jongin’s right, a cake. She never thought he will bring a cake for her (and buy it). She never get any congratulatory from Jongin in high school now suddenly he brings her a cake. He puts in the middle of the table and lights the candle.

“I never thought of that,” Krystal says. Jongin just smiles. “You never give a cake, even a congratulatory message,” she says once again and he’s kinda surprised to hear it from her. The fact both of them knew (and Moonseok of course, ‘cause she told him before). Jongin feels sorry and just chuckles. Krystal is all smiles.

After song, she prays for the wish and blow out the candle. “Happy birthday, Krystal,” Moonseok shakes hand with her.

“Happy birthday Krystal-a,” Jongin says. Even if it’s just a word from him, she’s happy about it. Prayer is spoken again and they are ready to eat.

The cake is just slices and quickly emptied by the three, then they turn to pizzas. Krystal’s favorite. They share stories, funny one, resentful one, teasing one yet they are all happy, so is Krystal. After they’re done, Krystal and Jongin ready to go home. Moonseok’s mom hugs both of them and tell them to be careful. They bid goodbyes with Moonseok and his mom.

“Thank you for the congratulatory message, by the way,” they walk home slowly. She doesn’t want it ends quickly.

“Don’t make me a bad person,” he says. “Sorry,” he pats her head and chuckles.

“You’re patting my head these days,” she says it angrily, yet she likes it. She pouts, Jongin just laughs.

“I’m gonna do more, like it or not,” her heartbeat is faster again and she just keep silent. If he talks, she answers that’s all along the way. She doesn’t know what to talk about, her heartbeat is disturbing her.

“Suddenly you’re silent, what’s wrong?” she shakes her head. “I’m sorry,” he shows his sorry face to her.

“It’s not your fault, I’m okay. Nothing’s wrong,” she explains. They are in the front of Krystal’s dorm. “Goodbye, Jongin-a. Thanks. Good night,” as she ready to comes in he pulls her hand and hugs her.

“Happy birthday,” she is really shock. He lets go his hug, “Good night,” he smiles and pats her again. After watching he went, Krystal runs inside. She’s gonna remember this day.