#6

Catch Me

“Hey, Jongin-a!” Moonseok waves and calls his name in the canteen. He is alone so Moonseok comes to his seat. “No class?”

“No, all is done,” Jongin replies while looking through his phone.

“So, any activities after this?” Moonseok asks once again and Jongin just shakes his head. Then there’s nothing to be talked about so Moonseok puts his laptop in the table and begins his unfinished task.

“It’s been long time since high school,” Jongin starts and Moonseok just look at him curiously, wonders what he is trying to talk about.

“It’s been a year,” he chuckles. “What are you trying to talk about?” Moonseok spits his curiosity. He observes Jongin carefully and he knows Jongin tries to compose his surprised expression.

“I know you are reliable, especially in keeping secret,” from this, Moonseok knows where it leads too. A conversation that he longs the most. Finally he can’t be curious anymore. Jongin seems to hesitate to tell, but he clears up his mind and is ready enough. “It’s about Inyoung…”

Moonseok seems disappointed inside, wonders he can help Krystal better after this story comes out.

“And Krystal,” Moonseok is happy inside. Finally after years of want to know what Jongin thinks about her, he got the chance now. He nods his head ready to hear. “It’s confusing,” Jongin starts.

“What do make you so confused?” Jongin is in silent. He looks at his phone’s screen, his heart is heavy to tell this thing. But the closest person to him right now is just the person beside him. Moonseok carefully asks, “…your feelings?” Jongin just nods.

After a long silent, he finally talks about how Inyoung informed him first about her move-in to town, how Inyoung told her feelings to him and regretted of rejecting him, how he didn’t want Inyoung to get into his love life anymore. From the story, he clearly told Inyoung that he didn’t want to miss the chance to tell it to Krystal, but Inyoung didn’t give up right away.

Moonseok sums up that he likes Krystal so real. “Go, chase the one you love,” he says. “Both of you wait too long. I’m frustrated right now,” Moonseok chuckles.

“Wait…what?” Jongin heard him clear ‘both’, he frowns.

“Yeah, chase the one you love. Don’t miss the chance, Jongin-a. I bet you like her since high school but didn’t have a chance back then and went out with Inyoung,” Moonseok just spits out his conclusion about Jongin’s feeling. Jongin’s surprised of how Moonseok knew this. “I have an eagle eye. You too, right. You are far smarter than I am.”

“Does Krystal like me? Or…did she?” he asks Moonseok for confirmation.

“Be good to her, Jongin-a,” Moonseok pats his shoulder and get back to work. Jongin chuckles. He got a chance.