#7

Catch Me

But you're so hypnotizing

You've got me laughing while I sing, you've got me smiling in my sleep

And I can see this unraveling, you're love is where I'm falling

But please don't catch me

 

Third semester. Three years together and last one spent it with Inyoung. It will be a fun semester because the council has already prepared a big event for the sophomore only. Plus, Krystal will participate to perform with a band. She kindly lends her voice since she got nothing to do.

It’s the last practice. The stage is ready. Moonseok and Jongin are watching the practice carefully and preparing to give Krystal some advice for the stage.

“On stage!” said the head event. The band plus her go on stage quickly to their respective place and start to sing their song.

“Go Krystal!” Jongin shouts from a far. Krystal just replies him with a smile.

 

‘If you nervous, just look at us!’ he gave Krystal advice backstage. Krystal laughed at him and nodded. ‘Fighting! You’ll be great,’ he pat Krystal head and she widened her eyes to see what just happened. Her heart begins to thump faster.

‘Oh no,’ she thought. ‘Okay, I’ll go now. Go outside,’ she said to him with a smile. He smiled back and went outside to Moonseok.

She suddenly went nostalgic on high school. How many times Moonseok told her to give him a chance again, pursue him again. But, she just confused.

 

Krystal sings beautifully. Plus… she did what Jongin told her a while ago, smiled to them when she was nervous. Her practice is over, and after small briefing she went to her bestfriends. “How was it?”

“Great,” thumb up from Moonseok, and a pat from Jongin. Krystal widened her eyes once again. She can’t give any comment.

“Hey guys!” Inyoung waves from a far and run to the three. Krystal waves her back and they share a hug.

“You didn’t tell me you guys have an event,” Inyoung’s eyes go to Jongin and Krystal is nervous. Deep inside she’s curious how they are doing together and slightly not want to see it. She shakes her head to erase her curiosity and stares at Moonseok. He knows it.

“Oh yeah? You should tell her, Jongin-a,” Krystal says with a heavy heart. Her kind intonation is just a mask.

Moonseok sees Jongin’s surprised expression to Krystal’s words and just replies, “I forgot,” he knows Jongin fakes his chuckles.

Krystal talks about buying tickets and Inyoung’s attendance to their event, since she already said it while the four are walking out from the auditorium.

“Moonseok-a, you accompany Inyoung home while I’m going Krystal home,” Jongin explains, Moonseok nods, and the girls secretly surprised. Especially Krystal. As Moonseok and Inyoung walks straight, Inyoung secretly takes a peek behind and Krystal accidentally matches her eyes so she’s more surprised and feeling something is not right. She sees Jongin that just looks at her. She’s more and more surprised.

She looks away from his eyes, “Let’s go.”

With barely no talk at all, Krystal finds it very awkward, very uncomfortable because her heart beats more. She really doesn’t know what to talk, like there is something to talk about. She always looks at the street, she can’t meet his eyes properly.

“Walk to the park?” she looks at him who point his finger to the park across them. She just nods.

It’s night and barely anyone there, probably just a couple of person sitting down with their phones or jogging at night in the middle of relieving their stress from work. They caught up in silence again. She really wants to go home and run, but she already gets in the hole with no rope.

“I don’t have anything with Inyoung,” she is surprised.

“Why do you tell me that?” she looks at him gives him a chuckle. She pretends to not care.

“Maybe you wanna know,” he pays back with a chuckles. She just punches him, he laughs. She pouts . “It’s getting cold,” winter night is freezing. He takes her right arm and links with his left as they continue to walk. She’s surprised by his actions. She likes it but she’s afraid to fall once again.

“Please don’t catch me,” she says with a smile to hide her intention of not falling in love with him. He raises his eyebrows, confused.

“When you fall? Of course, I’ll catch you,” he says as he looks deeply into her eyes, tries to find out what she meant. Krystal heard it and her heartbeat is not joking. It raises her body temperature, his hand is suddenly warm. “It’s warm like this, right? You have to take care of your condition for tomorrow. I’m helping by the way,” he smiles. She just nods.

They decides to sit for a while after a long walk. He closes his eyes for a moment to rest and leans his arm to her shoulder, gives a pat. “Rest a while, Krystal-a. Relax,” she just follows what he says and she lays down her head in his arm. She closes her eyes to go from reality. She wants to know this all a lie.

Jongin opens his eyes and sees Krystal who just closed her eyes. He sees her face figure. A good skin, a beautiful eyebrows (?), but overall he doesn’t see that. He knows her. He knows her heart, her personality, everything just by watching and observing her from a far. He can open her book to quick, but doesn’t really know what’s inside.

Krystal feels she is being looked at, but she just be still. Jongin goes closer to her cheek. She knows. Her heartbeat… reflect, she opens her eyes right away and pushes him, “What are you doing? ert. Let’s go home,” after that no holding hands and talk. She wants to go home to escape this beautiful reality she has dreamed of 2 years ago.

After Jongin’s good night to her, she goes to her room and can’t stop from smiling but then she’s confused. Is Jongin real? Really like…real? How can she tell Moonseok about this? It’s been days Moonseok didn’t give her any news about Jongin.

That night, she smiles in her sleep and her dreams.