#12

Catch Me

The outer city of Incheon greets her happily. It’s a nice weather, nice people, she can’t wait much longer until she’s arrived to the villa. Yes, her family have a villa with nice city view at night. With no commotion at night. There’s no one know the location is. Even Moonseok. She can spend a quiet night alone.

She settles her things then goes out to eat. There’s a nearby café that can be reached by walking. With no burden, she goes. She sits at the back, near the window with city view. Her food is coming. A coffee with sweet fried chicken margarine with chips and saute vegetables.

As she awaits her dessert, chocolate melt with vanilla ice cream, she looks at her social media timeline then a text comes from no other than Jongin. She widens her eyes. She begins to not feel well again. With panicking, she opens the text that reads…

 

From: Jongin

Can we have a nice talk? Call me.

 

Of course she doesn’t give any reply. She finishes her meals first then gets back to the villa with heavy heart. On the way, it’s been three times that she sigh and she thinks what she should say to him. Definitely not right now, to tell all about her feelings to him.

She sits on the couch in the living room. She lays her head and takes her phone out from the pocket. She’s confused who she should call first. She needs a friend to talk. The whole thing that knew all of this just Moonseok. No other than him. She wants to call other than him but she has no choice. Subin and Jiyoung not heard of her love stories much. Finally, she calls Moonseok.

“Made up your mind?” the first sentence he said after taking up the call.

“Nobody there?” she asks. She needs a confirmation there’s no Jongin with him.

“No,” she relieves a sigh then starts to talk.

“I can’t concentrate.”

“Why? You don’t need a concentration in this. He is serious about you!” he says firmly about it. Krystal remains silent for a while.

“Okay then, thanks Moonseok. Bye,” she hangs up with manner right now. It’s time to call Jongin or not. She can choose not to, but two days later she will meet with him again in uni. Useless to get back unless she tells him to not talk to her anymore. But that what she doesn’t want. She didn’t make any call that day.

The next day she wakes up with full of concern. She lets it out first to not worry about it, but as hiding from someone she still is worry even though she doesn’t want to. Dorm is the place she doesn’t want to go right now, but she has to. Studying is still in her top priority.

As she arrives at the dorm, a senior who just gets out informs her, “Your friend asked about you the whole day yesterday. You didn’t inform him?”

“Who was he?” she asks wonders if he was Jongin.

“I believe yesterday a name of… Jongin? Yeah, I think so,” she explains. Krystal doesn’t know what to say. “Finish your business in a good way, okay?” her senior advices that and goes to do her business. She bows at her and watches her go. What a good advice.

Such a commotion last night,’ she lays in her bed and lets out sigh. These days, she sighs a lot. Things with Jongin are not easy. She has to recover from a heartbreak, calms her mind. She just wants more sleep. But a text comes. She lazily opens it.

 

From: Jongin

I can’t stand it anymore.

 

Krystal is nervous, afraid what he will do. Finally, she replies him.

 

From: Krystal

Please bear it for a while. I’ll tell you when the time is right.

 

Jongin reads her message and really can’t stand any of it. He doesn’t want their relationship to break apart. He wants to do what is the right thing to do. He doesn’t wanna give up. He is serious. He just wants to grab her hand right now, take her to a quiet place and have a serious talk. Jongin is desperate.

 

From: Jongin

If I can’t, I’ll take you somewhere and we’ll talk. Like it or not.

 

Krystal reads his forcing tone in the message. She guesses he must be so upset of her behaviour these days and she reckons it too. Reading those, she has no other chance than tell him all of those things. She’ll eventually face the battlefield. Rather than deeply how she’s going to tell him, she falls asleep.