#4

Catch Me

Jongin’s action today is all weird. He is in silence. He doesn’t tease Krystal, he just answer ‘yes’ or ‘no’ when Krystal or Moonseok asks. To sum up, he is different than days before.

“What happened with Jongin today?” asks Krystal to Moonseok when they are walking to the canteen.

“I don’t know. He didn’t tell me a thing,” Jongin doesn’t join them to canteen today reason that he has task to do in library. What a beautiful reason they think.

After they paid, they choose to sit in the very back of the canteen where people rarely use it. Krystal chose it because she wanted to talk more about Jongin and his signs.

“By the way, I’m afraid,” Krystal starts and Moonseok starts to chew his food too.

“Why?” he looks at her concernly.

“I’m afraid that… I like him again. Even worst, love,” those moments in second year of high school where everything just beautiful for Krystal. She met him for the first time, they talked well and Krystal liked him until they spent senior year together. Jongin gave her signs too, made Krystal hoped so much about him. She thought he liked her but her hope faded when she knew and saw by her own eyes that he tried to get her other friend. It was awkward at once.

“He’s a good guy, we know that,” Moonseok always likes this. He supports guys that like Krystal to be her boyfriend, even when Krystal didn’t like them. “You still remember Sehun?”

A thought of her ex comes again as Moonseok brought him up. She just nods, knows that Moonseok tries to to get back again with Sehun. “Just eat, you.”

Krystal continues, “I’m gonna call him and ask why he’s like this.”

“If he doesn’t tell anything…?” they are  busy chewing their food.

“Maybe he already told his bestfriend, Seondoo,” Krystal finishes and gets up from her place. Moonseok does the same.

“Okay, I’m out. Need to be home early,” Moonseok goes home and Krystal decides to go to the student lounge to have a private time.

As she wonders, she exchanges hello with other students or a friend that she knew from the orientation. She sits in a circular wooden bench that surrounds a big tree inside. She takes her phone and calls the suspect.

“Where are you?”

“In some place, why?” he answers lazily means he doesn’t want any talk right now.

“I have to go to you.”

“N--,”

“I have to,” the opposite gives a long sigh as he hears the woman forces him to say.

“In the rooftop,” she hangs up and goes upstairs. Forcing him to speak and open up about things were not an easy thing to do.

She bangs the rooftop door angrily because of how he behave today. Jongin who sits just gives her a look then focus to his blank expression. She sits beside him right away.

“Why are you like this?” she says it right away. Krystal is impatient. She doesn’t like to wait.

Jongin ignores and just play with the grass. He doesn’t really want to tell about his condition right now. But Krystal doesn’t stop.

“If you have anything bothering you, just say it to us. We ready to hear by the way,” Krystal stands up and pat his shoulder. When she wants to leave, he pulls her to his embrace. Krystal startled much. They don’t say anything for a long time.

“You don’t leave right?” a confusing question comes out from Jongin’s mouth. Krystal doesn’t know what to answer and why he’s asking like this.

“No,” she answers. Her heart beats faster, she doesn’t want him to hear so she lets go of his hug.

“Thanks,” he says with a smile. Krystal just smile then looks him with full of wonder. She abandons her decision to leave and just accompany him that day.

It’s night and they are already in their respective dorms. Krystal texts Moonseok right away about what happened with Jongin and all of the action he did to her. After that, Krystal just thinks why Jongin behave like that to her, showing those signs and what she will do about it. She thinks about it more and more.