#14

Catch Me

The third day, Krystal finishes her class faster than any class. She and her friends already out of the building. She’s grouping with the girls and stands in the middle to not be noticed by people. Suddenly, a group of boys pass them and Krystal notices someone whom is Jongin. She quickly changes her glance to her friend beside her.

“Subin-a!” it’s Jongin’s voice. Krystal widenes her eyes, how he can call Subin at this time. By the way, Subin and the girls already know how Jongin and Krystal’s relationship right now so they’re trying their best to hide her.

The person who is being called look at the caller half startled and half acting. “Yeah?”

“Krystal, have you seen her?” he asks. Subin prepares a lie.

“She said she will be in the library,” Jongin nods and thanks her, then he goes. After all safe, Krystal runs into the building near where they’re standing. She finds a bench and sits, tries to normalize her breath. Her nervous makes her sweat drops like crazy, she’s in panic. She needs to hide, she didn’t ready for this.

The condition outside is not so crowded like before, so she gets outside and takes a light walk. She’s desperate. She thinks deeply what she should do next but she can’t think of anything than run. Run with all she might.

She accidentally bumps someone because she’s in desperation. “Sorry,” she says and look at the object, it’s Jongin. Jongin sees who bumped him, it’s Krystal. They’re stuck then Krystal runs. He who just knows it’s her, runs, chases her with all his might. Never thought they will meet up like this.

Krystal looks at her back and sees Jongin’s chasing her. She speeds up and runs into the student lounge. There is enough space for Jongin to see where she heads to. Unfortunately for her, there is not enough crowd. She grunts and runs into the lounge.

She’s heading to the rooftop by the emergency stair. Jongin who sees from a far where she runs to, just know that she’s definitely going to the rooftop. Krystal can’t think of another place rather than the rooftop. She just can’t hope Jongin doesn’t know where she at, or if he knows…

She arrives at the rooftop and sits down, panting heavily. Fortunately, she’s with her backpack. Krystal takes out a bottle and drink. She’s trying to normalize breath. While she’s relaxing, leaning her body to the wall fence of the rooftop, a bang of door is opened. She’s shock and afraid it will be him.

Jongin comes out from the door and sees Krystal’s leaning against a wall with sweats all on her face. He sees that she’s in shock, can’t move anywhere because he can chase her, traps her in this rooftop. He closes the door and runs to her. Krystal doesn’t know where to move, she’s panicking and can’t think of anything.

He kneels in front of her to adjust with her eyes and blocks her with raising his hands and puts it on the wall. Krystal tries to push him but he keeps his balance, she tries to get rid of his hands but he keeps it. He’s too strong right now. They are too close and Krystal can feel his breathing. He’s tired, panting like her was.

“Why are you running so hard?” same question from a different person, but this brings her more nervous. She can’t look him in the eyes. His gaze towards her is putting her in the edge. “Why?” she just can shake her head.

Jongin knows she still doesn’t want to talk. “I don’t give up until you explain,” he affirms his words and she nods. Krystal knows it will happen so she’s just staying still, trying to get her courage right now. Trying to get over her fear.

“Can’t you just sit normally right now?” she asks him a low voice. She still can’t meet in the eyes. Knowing he puts a pressure to her too much, he lets down his hands and sits normally in front of her. She lets out a sigh.

 

But here I go, it's what I feel

 

After she gains her confident, she begins to talk. “I’m sorry first. I know it’s childish of me to do those things,” he nods. “It was because I’m afraid,” he widenes his eyes hearing it from her. He makes her afraid.

“You can just tell me,” he says it softly, afraid to make her fear going up again.

“It’s not that easy, Jongin-a. For me, to be afraid to you is afraid of falling,” she says. Again the word ‘fall’ that he has heard from her some time. He’s silent, wants to hear more and thinks what it means. He nods, he knows what it means now. He doesn’t look her at the eyes again, for her to talk more comfortably than before.

I finally am going to say it. I must be crazy’, she thinks. She sigh once again and gains her courage to talk more. “Even if you say you’ll catch me, I’m still afraid,” she explains. From this he can tell that she’s not sure of him showing all his action like those. “I liked you, in high school,” she finally tells her story. He looks her at the eyes, doesn’t believe what she just said.

I was not one-sided,’ he thinks as he reminds of their high school. Thinking that her ex was never on her mind, how she must be hurt by seeing him and Inyoung were so lovey-dovey in school. ‘I must be stupid,’ he remembers that he let go his feelings to her because his bestfriend liked her. Now he’s glad he’s the one in mind.

She looks at him, she’s curious about his expression because he keeps flat. She’s not dare enough to ask. She still have many things to said. Many.

“I just wanna know how your feelings to me back then without having any relationship. Yeah, I just wanna know,” she explains. ‘She just wants to know,’ he doesn’t show his disappointment to her.

She continues, “Can I ask you a favor? Well, something maybe,” she says. He nods. “This might sound crazy, but may you kiss me?” she asks. He stares at her eyes deeply, trying to find a reason. Like she can read him, she explains, “I just wanna know what it feels when you say goodbye,” she says. He guesses she still in the phase of just-wanna-know. But he wants to make sure of her that he’s serious about her.

Slowly he comes closer to her. Their face is closer. He plants his lips to her. He puts it softly, sweetly. He’s not letting go of his. Krystal’s tears fall down. It’s sweet for her, yet it’s hurt. She just wants to know his feelings it ends up she falls more. He lets go and sees her with tears. His thumbs move to erase it from her face, and his eyes looks at her deeply.

 

Before I fall to fast, kiss me quick but make it last

So I can see how badly this will hurt me when you say goodbye

Keep it sweet, keep it slow

Let the future pass and don't let go

But tonight I could fall too soon into this beautiful moonlight

 

“Ha, I do care for you,” her words are trembling. Her tears are coming down, but she’s silent. She doesn’t whine. He caresses her cheek.

 

And for the first time in my life I know it's real

 

“Are you sure about this?” he asks, she’s just silent. “Are you sure you don’t want me to catch you?” she’s still not answering. “Let me tell my part,” he says.

“I liked you too. Well, now, I love you. I’m serious about you,” hearing this from his own mouth, Krystal sees her and flustered much. Happy and the happy tears are coming down. Now she’s falling. It’s up to her to come into him or not. “Are you sure, Krystal-a?” he asks her and looks her in the eyes. Those teary eyes, sadness from her, he just can hug her tightly.

She hugs him too, tightly. This is what she longs the most. “The future might be hurt with bumpy road, but I’ll catch you always,” he explains and she’s crying on his shoulder. Krystal knows Jongin is a great guy, great friend. People respect him. He helps Krystal all the way. And the most important thing, he respects her. His personality makes him great and knowing he’s serious about her is making her happy.

 

And if this love, please don't break me

 

All of her thought now is occupied by him. She knows what will happen ahead, so does he. She believes he will take a full responsibility and she knows he’s the place to fall to. She clears up her mind.

They’re letting go of their embrace. Krystal wipes her tears. She knows what she will choose. Jongin looks at her, and she looks at Jongin too. He’s curious what she will say, half expecting. Then, it is her final words, “I’m giving up, Jongin-a”. He raises his brows curious, “Catch me,” he smiles, she smiles and they’ll share more stories ahead.

 

I'm giving up so just catch me