#11

Catch Me

Went far away so I can breathe

Even though you're far from suffocating me

I can't set my hopes too high 'cause every hello ends with a goodbye

 

Moonseok thinks she needs to stop. She likes him too, why does she do this kind of things? She explained to him that she didn’t want to fall any further. It makes her hope more and just enough with high school. She didn’t know if she can open her heart to date with Jongin from then until now.

He warns her that sooner or later Jongin will ask why she’s being like this and she has to answer truthfully. She said okay, she will do it and just know about Jongin’s feeling then done. Nothing more. Honestly speaking, she misses Jongin right now. She misses his sweet actions for her. She misses their talk, their long talk when he doesn’t realize her heartbeat is beating faster everytime she’s with him.

When there was a time Krystal accidentally saw Inyoung was smiling lovely to Jongin’s word, her mood and expectation suddenly went down and she told Moonseok. Her dearest bestfriend reminded her that Jongin just wanted to be with her and asked her for another chance to Jongin. She realized and smiled, but another chance…she’s still confused about it.

Thinking about the whole thing, makes Krystal looks like numb. Sitting alone and behaving like that, people will think she’s weird or something creepy gets inside of her. A voice startled her, “What did you think these days?” she looks up to the voice and sees Jongin stands in front of her then takes his seat beside her.

“Project, life, and many more,” she says with a sigh. She’s tired of thinking about her love life too much.

“Relax a bit, Krystal-a,” he lingers his arm to her shoulders. She just nods. “Tell me about it,” he says. She looks to him and tries to tell another lie.

“I run out of ideas of project,” that’s right. “For life…I’m afraid to fall,” she explains. Jongin nods and pats her shoulder.

“For life…why are you afraid to fall?” he asks and Krystal is just in silent. He nods, understands that she doesn’t want to talk about it. “I’m here to catch, by the way,” they look at each other. Krystal flustered again. Jongin gives his smile to her. She is in comfort. It feels great to hear it from him but then she realizes that she doesn’t want to fall.

“Like you’re a good catcher,” she says. In her thought, she thinks to bring Inyoung to conversation. “You’re gonna catch anything than me,” she says it confidently, curious what he will express about that.

“No, I’m gonna make sure I’ll catch you somehow,” he looks at her seriously. She looks at him, flustered inside, and they remain silent. It’s time for her to go. She wants to hear more from him, but she can’t stand it again. She stands up. “Where are you going?”

“Library. I remember something to do. Talk to you later,” she explains and leave him in confusion. He’s so confused why she leave so suddenly like that. He wonders if his words are making her more strange these days. He’s happy she’s flustered, but he’s not when she tries to get away from him. He needs a confirmation once again.

“Krystal-a,” Moonseok calls her the next day. It is weekend. They got nothing to do. So Jongin and him call Krystal.

“Why?” she just gets up from her beds, tries to straighten her minds from a sudden calling by Moonseok.

“Let’s go,” he says. Krystal knows Moonseok is gonna taking them somewhere. Her instinct says there’s Jongin with him somehow, so she thinks deeply to lie, to not talk about Jongin to him.

“I’m lazy right now. I just get up. I’m not in the mood for going anywhere today,” she says. She takes a bottle of water from her desk and drink a gulp. is dry right now.

“C’mon. It’ll be fun,” he says and Krystal just hangs up the phone because she doesn’t wanna hear a future explanations. Her phone rings a message and she sees the sender.

 

From: Jongin

Don’t be to harsh. Let’s go.

 

She doesn’t reply anything and puts her phone to desk. She decides to do her daily activities. Having a calm day without any flustering moment, kind of like that. The lady is already tired, needs a peace of mind. It’s been three weeks she is like this to Jongin. But she begins to think he already noticed it since the last time she pretended to not look at him when he called her from a far. Her phone rings again.

 

From: Jongin

I’m not giving up.

 

As she reads the message, her heart begins to beat faster than before. Of course Jongin said that after she ignored him. Then, the day after that she was not talking to him. She knew from Moonseok that Jongin asked him why she behaved like that. Moonseok said Jongin would find out and Inyoung was not the matter anymore.

After taking a shower, she dressed comfortably in white long sleeves, black jeans, black sneaker, with red beanie and backpack to go. Somewhere far they will not notice. ‘Please don’t search for me a while,’ she hopes.