#1

Catch Me

“Moonseok-a!” Krystal shouts from a far. The auditorium is really crowded right now after it was used for opening ceremony in welcoming the new students. It’s first day in university and Krystal doesn’t wanna be alone. She’s searching for her longtime bestfriend and found it. Moonseok’s signature blue beanie in the middle of the girls. He’s really popular. She waves both of her hands until Moonseok finally recognizes her.

Moonseok’s face is helpless. He can’t get out of the crowd until another friend pulls him. It was Jongin after had a hard battle with the girls. Jongin himself is popular too among girls but he always manages to get out from them. Reality is, Moonseok is more handsome than him.

“I finally win,” Jongin lets out a sigh from his mouth.  Krystal just joins them right away after watching Jongin lonely battle. “You should’ve helped me,” he complains to her.

Krystal rolled her eyes, “Like I can. You guys’ popularity is really no joke. I bet some will get jealous of me having bestfriends like you two. Nah, like I care.”

“Let’s go,” Moonseok leads them get out from auditorium and they head to the canteen. Just to sit down and share stories after managing to get one table of four seats in the front of noodles kiosk.

Moonseok stands up and wanders around canteen to buy food: his food, her food, and Jongin’s. Krystal is busily looking at updates on her social media then stops when Jongin starts the talk, “What’s with the ‘bestfriend’?”

Krytal raises her eyebrows.

“A word that you just said a while ago!”

“Why? What’s wrong?” asks her. She even wonders why Jongin asked this such a simple thing. “I’m right, right? You guys are my friends. Then what? I should’ve called you just a friend or anonymous instead?” she pouts and make a spit sound, doesn’t even bother to look Jongin.

“No, I just even wonder… why bestfriends? You don’t wanna add something more? Or… change the statements maybe,” Jongin gives his wide smile. Krystal feels like she’s being teased, so she just ignores him and back to her phone. “Like bo—.”

“Food is coming!” Moonseok puts the tray with food toward its respective owner. Jongin’s words are cut off. Suddenly Krystal puts her phone and eats it well. “Hey you, eat slowly,” Moonseok shakes his head off and chuckles seeing Krystal is so hungry like that.

With the words that were almost said by Jongin, Krystal heard how it sounded like. She is a type of person that thinks a lot. She thought of the word like it’s so impossible for Jongin to say it, because if it really is that word, where’s the point of and how?

These days, Jongin becomes so strange toward his behaviour to Krystal. It’s so caring like never before. Krystal never sees Jongin like this toward her and he teases more. It’s not bothering her, just makes her wonder why. She really does think a lot about this. But she thinks no way of him to  like  her.

The three go home together. Well, basically the boys accompany Krystal to her dorm and then go to their respectives home. Moonseok’s house is farther while Jongin can easily go to Krystal’s dorm anytime or vice versa.

“I’ll pick you up tomorrow,” Jongin says while Krystal is heading in. She just looks back and smirk, shows her right hand as an agreement.