Chapter 22; Part 2

The Perfectly Imperfect Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Surprise!!”

“Congratulations! And celebration! Congratulations, congratulations, congratulations!” Infinite just being their chaotic selves, congratulate the maknae couple for being official. They didn’t care if it was close to the middle of the night and they probably will receive a noise complaint or two for being insensitive in lost sense of time.

But something was not quite right at the moment. The mood of celebration they were having wasn’t a match with Myungsoo’s solemn one.

“Wait a ing minute,” Hoya said, made the others aware.

“Myungsoo, why the long face?” Woohyun asked.

“And where the hell is Lee Sungjong?” the leader was wearing a very confuse face.

“. Don’t tell me you guys fought,” Sungyeol added.

“What? He said ‘no’?” Dongwoo’s face was horrified by his own question.

Myungsoo didn’t answer those questions immediately. He took of his shoes, not caring to put them in their place, walking lifelessly towards his bandmate and took a seat next to the leader.

“I--,” he was chocking on his emotion. Took a breathe and said, “I didn’t even have the time to pop the question.” Myungsoo was struggling to control his tears from escaping his eyes but looking down to his hands wasn’t helping. It seemed doing the opposite, so he decided to look up. Everyone can saw his red teary eyes clearly. “Sungjongie went to his home,” he said with a shaky voice. They sighed of sympathy sigh.

Woohyun let out a small aigoo. Sunggyu put his arm around Myungsoo’s shoulders, rocked his younger brother a bit.

“Why, though? You were down there quite awhile. What you both talked about anyway? What happened?” Sungyeol needed to know. For the love of god, they were so happy back in the restaurant and these past few weeks. He was overjoyed for his best friend who has found his other half. He was glad the other half was Infinite’s maknae itself. Personally he thought they were well matched. Though Myungsoo was an introvert and Sungjong was an extrovert but being together they weren’t exhaust each other out. In fact they were complete. They were one. A perfect match.

Myungsoo came to his best friend one day and told him that he was going to propose to Sungjong because Myungsoo was so happy and so in love with Sungjong, and he thought he wanted to be happier if they were being official as a couple, as fiancés, as husbands, as life partners. He knew he would be happier with Sungjong by his side. Sungyeol supported his bestie’s idea and went to tell other members to hold a small celebration event for them. Unfortunately, things weren’t go as planned.

“What is it, Myungsoo? Talk to us,” Sunggyu said.

Myungsoo looked up and locked his eyes with the second eldest’s. “I’m hundred percent sure it is because of that damn text message he received, hyung.”

“What about it?” Dongwoo was curious.

“What text message are we talking now, guys?” Hoya needed his answer.

Myungsoo shook his head. “I don’t know. I asked about it and he said it was nothing. I said I wanted to see the text, he said he has deleted it. I don’t buy it but I don’t even have any choice, do I? I don’t want to drive him away from me even further because hyungs, to me he couldn’t trust me enough with whatever info the text held. He—he completely shut me down. I could feel he put this wall, this distant between us- and that makes me feels rather small like I wasn’t given enough, like I wasn’t love him enough for him to share even a little bloody text message with me.” Being an over thinker was quite stressful for Myungsoo to handle his insecurities about everything in his life. Sungjong for sure wasn’t make it easier for him. “I’m afraid if I insist to have a look at his phone, that he’ll go away from me for real. I don’t want that,” Myungsoo added with a small voice.

“Maybe it is like you said, just a little text message. Maybe the problem isn’t that big for you to worry with him. Maybe Sungjong thought he could handle it himself without troubling you. He’s a big boy. He is his own person and he’s a matured guy. He can take care of himself. You all of the people should know by now.” Sunggyu tried to reason.

“That’s the thing, Gyu hyung. All of me loves all of him. That included all his flaws and his problems. I wanted his problems to be my problems too. I wanted for us to solve whatever issues we may face together. I don’t want to be left alone in the dark. Big or small, just please include me too. I want to take a good care of him. What kind of a lover I am if I can’t be any help of him? An accessory?” Myungsoo wasn’t realised he was hurting this much until he said his thoughts out loud.

“A donor,” Woohyun wanted to say but he shut his mouth up and faked cleared his throat and faked stretching. Hoya looked his way and he kind of knew what was in the handsome main vocalist’s mind after being friends a few good years.

“I think, it could be any reason, Myungsoo, for him to go back to his house,” Hoya tried to calm Myungsoo down.

Myungsoo allowed himself a smirk, a sad one, before answered, “Yeah, he did say he misses home, misses his bed and his mother’s food. But when I said I wanted to follow him, if you were there, you can see he was trying his hardest to get away from me. He really doesn’t want me to go with him. Or is it me? Am I the problem? What did I do?” His big sad eyes filled with terror upon realization, looking franticly at his hyungs, searching for answers.

“That’s why I didn’t want to do MyungYeol fanservice with you when we went out from the restaurant, alright. I know there were fans, they will definitely like it but I was thinking about Sungjongie’s feelings,” Sungyeol was now worried too. He didn’t want to be the reason his best friend in any trouble.

“That’s absurd,” Dongwoo objected to Sungyeol’s remarks. “Sungjong was agreed to it. He even encouraged it. There’s no way that’s be the reason. It’s not like you guys really have feelings for each other, though.” Dongwoo pointed matter-of-factly.

“So everything was just fine. When was Sungjong received the text may I know?” Woohyun asked.

“When we got out from the restaurant, on our way to the car. Sungyeol and Myungsoo were in front of me and Sungjong. We were laughing, he was laughing. The mood was very good. Suddenly he got a text message. Then, he turned into silent. He was upset, okay. I asked him what’s wrong? Is it Gyu hyung, because Gyu hyung did text Sungjong when we were eating earlier, but then he said it was nothing. Suspicious, right? Right?” Dongwoo said.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter