Chapter 6

The Perfectly Imperfect Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sungjong was slowly regaining consciousness. The weak light from outside little window in his room was creeping through and hit him directly on the face. Later then he usually allowed himself to steal a few more minutes and back to sleep before wake up completely, that was when he first noticed that something was amiss. He could feel weight, almost familiar, on the bed beside him. He enjoyed the warmth but it was uncommon. He slowly opened his eyes, trying to clear the fog out of his head enough to make sense of this oddity. The morning sickness had gone away, thank God for that, but he still was having a little lightheaded.

There, inches from his face was Myungsoo. The one who made him felt tight inside, seeing him and his best friend hugging last night. The one who made he cried himself to sleep. The one who made he thought a little too often about their relationship these past few days. The one who made he wondered about the risk and reward having a baby and the idea of the baby’s father was him. Congratulations Kim Myungsoo for being on top of the list name of his baby’s father. It was honour to put your name as number one amongst all of the hyungs.

Baby.. He looked down at his tummy and rubbed it gently. Will the baby be okay? Will he be okay? Will Myungsoo be okay? Will the whole world be okay? Even just by his own thought; what he wanted, what he desired, what he needed, and not the reality? Will everything be okay? He, Myungsoo and the baby were as one little happy family.

Was he that naïve to believe everything will actually works like he dream? Was he that naïve to not see any heartbreak scene might happen in the future? He was really that strong, huh?

Really, was he naïve or blind?

Was being naïve made all problem solved? Was it that simple?

He wished it was that simple.

And who was he kidding? Why on earth he even think Myungsoo will be okay if he carries his bundle of joy? If the baby was really Myungsoo’s, was the latter ever wants it?

Both of them were still young and there was career that needs their determinations and earnests waiting in front of them, fame and glory that didn’t have a picture of his baby in it.

The stupidity making a stupid mistake was ed him up a big time. No. Yes, the baby was a mistake but not stupid. The stupid was him. Wait, was naïve just as same meaning of stupid? It was, wasn’t it? He should not have let himself too carried away or make a further damage in his life. How many times he had told to himself, reminded again and again to stay put even so he was faking half of time and lying people out there about his true self? Did he really do it? No. He betrayed himself. And because of that he had been cursed. He was doomed. The saddest and terrifying fact was there was no turn way back. He had to pay the price.

Was it okay to cry now? This early in the morning? But, was there really had a schedule of the exact time to cry? People cry in the night. People cry in the evening. No one cry in the morning, especially this early. Yeah, that was no such thing existed. What was real now was he was too sad. People cry because they are sad. He was sad. He had blamed himself enough for everything had happened and that was too much. Maybe it was okay to blame the baby hormones this time.

Sungjong reached his hand out from the blankets to caress Myungsoo’s cheek but he stopped before his hand ever touches the skin and he pulled his hand back. No. What he was thinking? Touching Myungsoo? That was a very brilliant move, right?

Oh, how he hated this. He was always fighting himself, fight the urges, fight the wants, and that was not cool. He was hurting. That was why it was not cool. He pushed himself up, buried his face in his knees as he brought his legs close to his chest and cried.

Everything so much. How is this even my life?

Sungjong titled his head and saw Myungsoo had woke up, propped himself up on his left elbow and was looking at his way. Sungjong was searching any emotion on that perfect face but Myungsoo was good. He always had been good at hiding his feels, his thoughts while Sungjong was practically talking with his face. People would know what Sungjong was keeping by looking at his facial expressions without the need to express that into words. Myungsoo was totally opposite to him. With that, Sungjong was jealous at Myungsoo.

“Why were you here?” Sungjong asked, a bit stern, which he didn’t plan to sound that way. .

“Well, good morning back to you, Jongie.” Myungsoo raised his eyebrows, never thought he would be treated with nothing but coldness from the maknae. “Are you crying?” he noticed Sungjong’s eyes were glassy. Myungsoo helped himself to sit. His heart was beating fast. He worried.

What happened?

“Why you even care?” Sungjong snapped, unintentionally again. . . .

“Jongie, I don’t think you have to be rude with me. Of course I care.”

Sungjong winced by Myungsoo’s straightforward reaction. Yes, he was rude but not like he wanted to. He didn’t mean it, okay? But he didn’t want to waste his time to explain himself to Myungsoo about his wonderful mood swing that he barely could control or even ask for an apology when he clearly owed one from the cold prince. Sungjong just looked away and wiped his tears. He sniffed and cleared his throat.

Myungsoo sighed. “Did I do something wrong to you?”

Sungjong changed his position from hugging his knees to cross his legs. He looked down and said, “No.” barely over whisper.

“Last night I heard someone was throwing up violently, so I decided to check and it turned out it was you. You didn’t look really good and you were shivering.”

“And I asked you to cuddle me. I remember now. Thank you and… I’m sorry,” Sungjong made eye contact with Myungsoo before looked down back. “To be honest I had no idea it’d be you.”

The silence between them was becoming awkward.

“What? You wished for Hoya hyung?”

“I–” Sungjong furrowed his brow. That wasn’t what he thought. He was thinking to say he did it half-conscious, something he thought he was dreaming but actually it was happened for real. Where in hell Myungsoo thought he was wished for Hoya? Seriously, why was Myungsoo even care about him if Sungyeol was more important? Right? To be honest, Sungjong was still upset with Myungsoo about last night. Oh, so just because Myungsoo cuddled him, warmed him and made his morning sickness went away, he automatically forgot what happened? Puff, gone like that? Hell no.

“What’s up with you and Hoya hyung by the way?”

“Me and Hoya hyung? Nothing!”

“You’re a bad liar you know. I can see all over your face that you’re lying.” Myungsoo smirked in a mocking way. That was really made Sungjong offended.

“Why is there anything I had to lie? Seriously, there’s nothing between me and Hoya hyung. And if there really is something, it’s none of your business!”

“Ow, come on! I want the truth!”

“What truth are you talking about?” Sungjong still can’t shake off the confused look from his face. “Speaking of truth, why you were hugging Yeol hyung? Why you were crying? It wasn’t only me who was not okay last night. Apparently, you too. Mind to share?” Oh yeah, so Myungsoo wanted to know what happened to him, he wanted to know what happened to Myungsoo too.

They cared about each other. But their ways weren’t so subtle, were they?

“I– you–” Myungsoo stammered. “I think if I told you, you will wish you hadn’t listen to me.”

“Oh? Why would I do that?”

“Because--because it’s--it’s nothing,” Myungsoo’s heart flinched at the acidity of his words. Nothing. Yeah, right. Liar, liar, pants on fire.

“Well I guess we have no more to talk about because it’s nothing. So, shall we move on now?”

“Sungjong, I–” Myungsoo was hesitated. It was totally bull if none of them can smell the jealousy floating in the air. Myungsoo was eager to explain but he didn’t want to rush a thing. In ten things he was eager to do; only two came out good. The probability of t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter