Chapter 18; Part 2

The Perfectly Imperfect Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey, Myungsoo. Wake up, man, wake up!” Sungyeol was practically shaking his best friend as well as his roommate to wake this instant, because that shakes could be mistaken as an earthquake to be honest.

“Bugger off, Yeollie.” Myungsoo wasn’t interested to wake up anytime soon.

“Before I drag your down this bed, you better wake up on your own,” Sungyeol threatened.

“Damn you, Lee Sungyeol. Leave me alone.” Myungsoo sat up just to shove Sungyeol away before took a pillow and covered his head under it. The tallest member purposely switched on the lights when he knew so well Myungsoo couldn’t sleep in the presence of light. Damn you, Lee Sungyeol.

“I would not bother you if this isn’t serious. We got a situation here, man. And you need to wake up.”

“I just got home at four in the morning, Yeollie. Plus, my schedule is free for today. Lemme have my beauty sleep for sake, man.” Myungsoo started to become annoyed with Sungyeol’s constant disturbance.

“Kim Myungsoo, it’s already past 11 a.m. Wake the up now, will you? Meet me and everyone else in the living room. Now.”

Hearing the leader’s voice made Myungsoo immediately jumped off of his bed. Okay, this was real. This was really serious like Sungyeol said. It had happened more than he can count before, when the members woke him up just to ask him if he happened to see this thing or that thing, or asking his opinions what shirts what colour should they wear, either they can borrow one of his shoes or not—all that small matters like that. He thought Sungyeol just teasing around with him again, so he didn’t pay much attention to it.

“Wha—what’s going on?” Myungsoo yawned. He fixed his bed a little here and there.

“You is what happened, alright? This morning is in chaos, I told you! Every single journalist in our country is contacting our company. Boss isn’t really happy with that, so he keeps calling our managers and Gyu hyung for explanations. And that, made our managers and our leader aren’t happy too. Gyu hyung literally just throw out his phone.” Sungyeol pointed at the small, cute dustbin they kept inside the room where the leader’s phone was inside. No kidding.

“Can I—can I use the bathroom first?” If he needed to be in a serious situation, then he should be completely awake. That can happened after he washed his face and brushed his teeth.

Sungyeol sighed. “Make it quick.” He gave his permission. “I’ll try to calm Gyu hyung in the mean time.”

“Thanks, buddy.” Myungsoo grabbed his towel and headed to the bathroom. Once inside, he heard Sungyeol explaining to Sunggyu that he needed to finish his business first. Sunggyu let out an irritating noise as reply, but really, what could hurt if they waited for another ten minutes, right?

He thank god for Yurim not following his order last night or else he would be in serious hungover right now.

Yurim eventually spotted Myungsoo sitting in a swing, his back to her. He held onto the chain links with a loose grip, kicking idly at the ground with the toe of his sneaker, head bowed and shoulders slumped. Myungsoo didn’t notice Yurim yet, and after a moment Myungsoo rested his temple against his right hand.

“Here,” Yurim gave a black plastic bag to Myungsoo while taking another swing next to him.

“Excuse you, but I ordered soju. What’s this? Coke? At least give me Pepsi. Infinite has been endorsed for Pepsi for a couple of years, noona. Come on now,” Myungsoo whined.

“Shut up and just drink it up. You are driving, and I won’t be that irresponsible adult for making you drunk drive in the middle of the night.”

Myungsoo nodded while opening one can of Coke and passed it to Yurim. “Point taken.” Then he opened another one can for himself.

“Or I can just sleepover at your place tonight.” Myunysoo suggested.

“Nope. Not gonna happen. My boyfriend is already there. Why would I bring another boy friend? You want me to get killed or what?”

Myungsoo just let out a small chuckled. Of course he was just kidding. If he were too drunk to drive, maybe he could call a taxi or something.

“And just admit it yourself that you prefer Coke over Pepsi more. You just taking Pepsi’s side because you endorse it. I saw you from time to time drinking Coke instead of Pepsi.”

“Should I report you to the police for stalking me?”

“Ha ha, very funny, L.”

Myungsoo let out a small laugh but it obviously didn’t feel like it. Yurim noticed that.

“Are you gonna tell me your problems or we just gonna sit here drinking Coke?”

Myungsoo sighed heavily. He told everything to Yurim. From his innocent crush to Sungjong to how they spent a night together to the point Sungjong was currently with his child to the rejection from Sungjong. Yurim didn’t mean to cry together with Myungsoo but this was her little brother. His pain was her pain.

“You got your phone with you?” Sunggyu asked right before Myungsoo took his place in front of him.

“Uh.. I think I charged it somewhere.. lemme get it.” Myungsoo tried to remember where the last time he saw his phone was. He found it after five minutes. It was on the kitchen table. There was the only free plug last night, so he just charged his phone there without much thoughts.

“Check the ing news right now. It’s all over the internet.” Myungsoo just didn’t get it why Sunggyu sounded so pissed off and grumpy. Someone woke up in the wrong side of the bed apparently.

“Woohyun, play the video links the company gave us.”

“Aye, captain.” Woohyun took out his tab and followed Sunggyu’s instruction.

“Wait, hyung. My phone is going crazy right as we speaking.” There were too much missed calls and unread messages he got. Thankfully he already turned off the notifications from his social medias. If not, for sure his phone would freeze by now. He looked up from his phone and caught a death glare from Hoya who was leaning his back at the end of the room’s corner, with both his hands in his pockets. His panic just turned double.

“Wha—what’s happening?” he asked Hoya with genuine clueless. His heart was thumping so hard. “What did I miss? Hyung?”

“This. This is what happened.” Woohyun showed him the news. The headlines said he was dating an ulzzang named Kim Doyeon. Fans spotted some of similar items they had, pointed as couple items. There was already some debates going on about it. He could see half of the comments in English and other languages he didn’t talk, too. It had going worldwide. From a look at it, seemed like the fans weren’t really happy. Most were raging openly. 

“No, no, no, this is not happening. Not right now. .” Myungsoo didn’t really believe in coincidences, but he did bel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter