Chapter 17

The Perfectly Imperfect Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The concert was carried on as planned. It was just without the youngest member. The fans, mostly Sungjong’s, were heartbroken. Some even cancelled the intention to attend it because they simply thought it was not worth it without their beloved idol performing. Let's be real that Sungjong’s part wasn’t that much but his presence was everything to his fans. It was predicted; the complaints, the demands of concert ticket’s refunds, the merchants of concert boycotting and even lousy rumours backlashed both the company and the boys, especially towards Sungjong. It hurt pretty good, and that became the motivation for the remaining Infinite to give their all and beyond to the fans who attended Second Invasion Evolution Concert. They got to protect the fans and Infinite's name at all cost, as well as Sungjong’s. 

Sungjong's baby brother, Sunkyu, was making sure his elder brother not going to surf the internet without his supervise him to avoid ended up getting hurt reading all the mean comments on it. Sunkyu has read them and they were no good.

Apparently, they can’t accept ‘down with chicken pox’ as the reason. Instead, the haters saying Sungjong was probably had plastic surgery on his face and it went wrong. Why did they come to the conclusion? It was because some fans noticed Sungjong, even through his perfect cover, getting in and out from a hospital. Actually it was for his regular check ups, but well. Some other said, Sungjong from his trainee days was already got that bad attitude, and it wasn’t quite news when Infinite now already got the fame and he acted out like a top star. Sungjong didn’t know who or what or where was the source the antis got but of course for sure it was all lies. All of the antis and haters are alike but fans turned antis were the worst.

Sunkyu’s time now mostly well spent with Sungjong. Sometimes, Daeyeol, Sungyeol’s baby brother also came and just hang out together since he was a trainee for Woollim. Sungjong and Daeyeol happened to be on the same age, so it won’t hurt to pay his senior as well as a friend a visit or two. Sungjong, too, enjoyed Daeyeol's company. He was so much like his hyung, Sungyeol but softer, nicer and funnier. Oh Sungyeol was funny alright but sometimes he laughed alone at his own jokes. It kind of lunatic to Sungjong’s opinion.

Here comes the best part yet. To anyone surprise, Sungjong still didn’t have any talk with Kim ing Myungsoo. Since the hospital, which was a shy one week before the concert – not a single proper conversation they shared. Myungsoo did text him occasionally; asking about Sungjong’s current health, either he has taken his meal or not, or simply wished good morning and good night. Myungsoo did share his days together with the other hyungs to Sungjong although Sungjong never asked. He never replied even. Not even once. Not that Lee Sungjong was being childish, it was just Kim Myungsoo was being ridiculous. What was up with this off-again, on-again relationship. Sungjong needed Myungsoo to know that even if Myungsoo was taking the engine but it was Sungjong who taken the wheels. Sungjong won’t play along. He didn’t want to cooperate if this was the peace offering Myungsoo offer. Well, Sungjong will stay mad as long as he wanted. He dared anyone to say to his face he was being petty. He would punch them hard.

“You better be worth it, baby. Worth all of it.” Sungjong sighed while caressed his now visible baby bump absentmindedly. His morning sickness wasn’t that bad anymore now, he can eat more now and his body was feeling better than before. No more cramps, thank goodness, just lightheaded every now and then.

He picked up his phone and checked his call history. This was another best part – his call history was full with Myungsoo’s mum’s calls. Sungjong didn’t know if Myungsoo ever talked about the baby or marriage to his parents but just like Myungsoo with his annoying texts, his mum’s calls mostly asking about him too. Sungjong got the idea maybe Myungsoo did talk to them about it because there was no way his mum would check on him from time to time for nothing. He seriously believed Mama Kim wasn’t going around calling each members though.

“Hyung, what are you doing?” Sunkyu peeped from his door. Sungjong put down his phone almost instantly and pretending watching tv. Sunkyu noticed the sullen mood his brother was wearing and taking his steps closer before sit next to him.

“Perhaps, are you--”

“No, Sunkyu, I’m not online, trust me,” he cut his brother’s suspicion immediately. 

“So, what’s up?” Sunkyu genuinely concerned. 

“Nothing. Just checking the phone is all,” Sungjong shrugged.

“Still no text from Myungsoo hyung?” Sunkyu asked carefully.

“Nope,” Sungjong shook his head, eyes still glued to the programme that was playing on tv.

“It’s been what? Three days already, yes?”

“Uh huh,” Sungjong nodded, he clearly looked kind of pissed.

Sunkyu smirked, “Wait, hyung, I thought you said the texts are annoying and you wished he’d stopped doing it. So now, you seem you wanted it. You love the attention Myungsoo hyung gives, do you?”

“Well, it’s because I deserved it?”

Sunkyu put his arm around Sungjong’s shoulders to calm him down. “Maybe he’s just tired. Having a grand concert isn’t like going to karaoke.” Sunkyu tried to reason with Sungjong.

“Do you think I didn't know about that, Kyu? I thought before the concert was the most tiring. With the practising, recording and rehearsing. Somehow, somewhat, he managed to text me just fine. Well, you do the math.”

“You do realize he has his own life, too, right?”

“Whatever,” Sungjong blew up his bangs and crossed his arms over his chest.

Suddenly, someone pressed the bell of the house. That caught both of the brothers’ attention.

“Oh? I thought mum said they are going to be back the day after tomorrow,” Sunkyu said.

“Mum wouldn’t ring the bell, silly. She got her own keys in case you forgot about it,” Sungjong said sarcastically. The bell was ringing again.

“So, who’s at the door?” Sunkyu seemed surprise with wide eyes and all.

“I don’t have any idea. Get off you, lemme see who’s coming,” Sungjong got up and got the door.

“Careful, hyung!”

“Stop being silly, Kyu,” Sungjong rolled his eyes. Once he opened the door, he got his surprise.

“Hi, hello. Am I disturbing you?” Myungsoo smiled brightly at Sungjong.

“I- uh- no, not really.”

“Who’s that, Jongie hyung?” Sunkyu asked.

“It’s- uh, it’s—” To be honest Sungjong couldn’t really hear a thing beyond his pumping heart that was racing hard in his chest. He seemed couldn’t find his voice to answer his brother properly either. He could not breath and also he could not move. Hey, so fun, huh?

“It’s me, Kyu-ah. Myungsoo hyung!” Myungsoo said a bit louder. By hearing that, the little brother quickly went to the front door to meet with the voice’s owner. “Oh my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter