Chapter 4

The Perfectly Imperfect Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After breakfast Sungjong stayed in his room, packing his things as he will back to Infinite dorm after lunch. He heaved a heavy sigh every now and then. Sungjong had something in his mind. He needed to talk to someone but Sunkyu was at school. He zipped his bag and put it at the edge of his bed; looking around in his room to make sure he didn’t miss a thing.

Satisfied, Sungjong made his way to the living room and sat on the couch. He pulled both his knees close to his chest and leaned against them, watching the telly but not really watching it. He let his thought wandered around as the female announcer was presenting the news; telling what was happening in the world.

Would I be in the news too? A boy who absorbed his twin sister and currently pregnant? Would I also be the centre of the world? Gosh, supposed the word boy and pregnant can’t even be in one sentence, though.

Sungjong lay down on the couch to rest his wearied throbbing head.  He closed his eyes. He tried to breathe normally because he felt suffocated but he failed miserably. Sungjong was restless. He groaned and massaged his temples with his thumbs.

I think too much.

He then clenched his left hand and rested it on his forehead while his right hand lay comfortable on his tummy, which had been a habit now. It was a natural resting place for him, and he cursed himself for letting his hands fall there so naturally.

Mama Lee noticed Sungjong was acting strange. Yesterday he was starting to smile and laugh again but now, that boy was frowning and heaved a heavy sigh countless time. Her mother instinct told her that her son wasn’t okay.

She went closer and sat next to her laying son. “Sungjong-ah,” she said softly. Sungjong opened his eyes and looked up at his mother. She could see fear, confusion and sadness in those beautiful big doe eyes of his son. Somehow, her heart clenched by saw that.

Why I didn’t notice that before?  She blamed herself for not caring enough about her dear son.

“Umma,” he crawled up and rested his head on his mother’s lap. Mama Lee Sungjong’s soft silky hair lovingly. Sungjong felt overwhelmed and to be honest he wanted to cry.

“Stupid tears,” he hissed silently as he wiped away the tears that slid down from the corner of his eyes.

Mama Lee smiled. “It’s the baby hormones. They turn you to be so sensitive and sometimes make everything worse.”

Oh great.

“What is bothering you, honey?” she asked.

“I- I don’t know. Everything?”

“So, tell me everything, anything. I want to help you.”

“I even don’t know where to start with.”

Mama Lee chuckled softly. She thought she knew what was Sungjong might be thinking. “It’s the baby, isn’t it?”

“Yeah,” Sungjong sighed.

“Pregnancy isn’t fun sometimes. It makes you emotional, nauseous, gives you morning sickness, excessive tiredness and fatigue, craving things and it can gets harder day by day. Giving birth isn’t pleased either,” Mama Lee wasn’t purposely telling that to scare his son off. She was just being honest with the whole situation. “But, why do you think women don’t really care about those hardships and keep gives birth? Some is having 5 up to 6 children. Why? What do you think?”

“I don’t know. Maybe women are just masochist?” Sungjong answered innocently and that led to chuckle from the middle aged woman.

“Maybe, maybe women are masochist; I can’t deny that and other than that, pregnant makes we feel special. It’s not easy to bring a new life into this world. Becoming a mother is one of the most exciting times in a woman's life. It’s such a joy and honourable at the same time.”

“Aww umma, I love you more and more,” he took his mother’s hand and kissed it tenderly. “See umma? That’s a woman’s job. I hate I’m such a freak,” he said sadly. “I’m a guy and I’m pregnant.”

“You and your boyfriend got out of control and no doubt learned your lesson,” she said calmly. “I’m not saying you aren’t responsible for this, but mistakes happen. A lot of times children aren’t exactly expected,” she let out a small laugh and said, “You were conceived in a car for goodness sake!”

Both of them laughed. “But we both love you dearly. Even you were unexpected but you completed us.”

“Honestly umma, I don’t even know if I want to keep it,” he admitted.

“That’s okay, honey,” Mama Lee said, “You still have some time to decide even though I might probably won’t be agree but it’s your choice, it’s your life and you know what’s the best for you. But Sungjong, don’t you think the baby’s father also has his right on the baby?”

Baby’s father.

Sungjong bit his lower lip with that. “Are you—are you okay with those Infinite boys?” it was great enough his family had accepted the baby; Sungjong just can’t help but worried if they were not okay with the baby’s father.

“I love all the Infinite boys, really. I love them equally. I already thought those charming, fun and amazing guys are like my own kids. For the baby’s father, don’t you worry because I couldn’t make myself to hate him. I was just… mad. A little disappointed but not hate,” she reassured her son. Sungjong was relieved. At least now he knew whoever the baby’s father would be, that person won’t have any problem with his family.

“But maybe, if later he came here to see me and your appa, I’ll straggle him a little for impregnated my son when both of you are still so very young and have career ahead, suddenly starting to have your own family and the fact that both of you are not even married!” she said jokingly but sternly.

“I’m sorry,” Sungjong said quietly.

“Aww honey, I know you didn’t plan this.” Sungjong smiled bitterly. “But umma, do you think his family would accept me? And the baby? Would they accept us together?”

“Of course they will! Of course they are, honey. Who the hell won’t love my lovely son here?” she paused for a while. “Is that what worrying you the most?”

Sungjong nodded. “I believe all the Infinite’s parents also love every single Infinite boys as their own son. We all are one family; one big happy family. We love each other, we care about each other, and we support each other, like the real family is. No one ditch anyone and no one is left behind.” Mama Lee leaned down and kissed Sungjong’s forehead. “It’ll all work out.”

Sungjong sat up and hugged his mother by side firmly. “Thank you, thank you, thank you so much,” his voice was cracking.

 

Hoya just finished practising for his solo. He will be performing ‘Omarion’ and truth to be told; he did plan to kill his fans with his y sensual moves. A DVD will be release for that encore concert and all he hoped was it wouldn’t rate 19 and above just because of his dance. He was excited but nonetheless he was kinda worried too.

He went to the office because he had some business to be done and on his way back, he walked past the meeting room and heard some familiar voices. They got clearer as he walked closer to the room.

Boss-nim and… Sungjongie?

Hoya was really confirmed that that voice was belong to the youngest member of Infinite and their boss.

“No, the concert cannot be cancel. No!” Sungjong said firmly.

“We come with that conclusion because we’re worried about you,” said the CEO of Woollim Entertainment, Lee Jung Yeop.

“Stop worrying about me. I’m sick already that people treat me like I’m going to die soon,” Sungjong sighed. Hoya widened his eyes.

Wait, what? Is… is Sungjong suffering with some sort of disease or something?

“It’s going to be hard, Sungjong-ah.”

“I know but it’ll be just fine! Plus, this will be the last activity I’m involved.”

Hoya gasped. Egumonina! Sungjong really got kicked out or what?!

“Please, please boss-nim. I’m not doing this only for the hyungs and the fans; I’m doing this for myself too. I want this encore concert; I want Second Invasion Evolution to be hold like we agreed. And it’s just more less than a month from now.”

“What if something bad happened to you?” this time was Jungryul, the manager.

“Nothing bad will happen to me.”

“We can’t guarantee you any safety, Sungjong.”

“Then, don’t. I don’t want any of your guarantees either. I just want this concert to go on.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter