Chapter 23

The Perfectly Imperfect Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungjong was on edge for the whole week whenever his phone doing so much of a notification sound after the press conference was held. Afraid if he got a third text from the unknown sender.

Can’t really put his phone on silent mode because of his work and everything.

 

“Stop overthinking!” the younger brother said to his overly worried older brother.

“I can’t! I-I’d never be able to forgive myself if something bad happen to you.”

“Stop! It’s not good for you, hyung. The brain is the enemy!”

“But—”

“Your agency promises you and the other hyungs, together with our parents and me are in good hands. They are just one phone call away if anything bad happens.” Sunkyu was at the end of his wits.

“I’m… sorry, Kyu.” Sungjong whispered while looking down, biting his lower lip.

“Is that means I can go to my soccer practice?” Sunkyu asked softly, seeing his brother a bit collected.

Sungjong exhaled deeply.  “Of course, you may.” At last, Sungjong gave his permission. It was a bit absurd, and lunatic to Sunkyu’s thinking because was he supposed to be lock up in his house forever just because his older brother worried sick if there was something bad going to happen. “How long is it? The practice?”

“Around two hours-ish. I don’t know. Usually we like to hang out a bit after that.”

“No, no hanging out! Once done, come straight back home!”

“But, hyung—” Sunkyu whined.

“Or you are not permitted to go out at all!”

“Oh, come on! You cannot do this. You’re worse than dad when my grade was decreased by point five,” Sunkyu argued, rolled his eyes dramatically in annoyance.

“It’s for your own good!”

“Yeah? Mine or yours, hyung?”

“The home is a safe place!” Sungjong was trying to prove his point.

“This isn’t longer a house, a home. This is a cage!” Sunkyu was mad at his ridiculous brother. If his brother wasn’t so much in his twentieth week pregnancy, kid you not they would have a physical fight. Not that they always had one every time they had some misunderstanding growing up though. Both weren’t a violent person to begin with. But this, this was a very frustrating conversation for Lee Sunkyu.

He walked back and forth in his brother’s room.

After a split second, he changed his mad feeling to whoever this psycho who threaten his brother might be. Forget Myungsoo, he will unlived this bad guy himself. Two bloody messed up texts and his life was affected as well.

What the hell.

He also pretty sure both he and his brother would needed a therapy when this was over soon.

Sungjong was taken aback with Sunkyu’s words. He didn’t meant it for his little brother to feel that way. He was being a bad big brother. Sungjong hung his head in exasperation.

A moment of silence passed.  “You’re right. I’m sorry, I shouldn’t—”

“No hyung, I am sorry,” Sunkyu sighed heavily, trying to calm himself.  “I’m sorry for yelling at you and said those things. I didn’t mean it.” He said sincerely.

Sungjong leaned back into his chair and his belly where he felt little Bean was moving. Perhaps his child sensed his mood. “And I’m sorry too for being overthinking and overprotective. It’s just I don’t know if I can forgive myself if you ever get hurt, Kyu.” Sungjong repeated, amplify his worry. “You’re important to me.”

“I know, you are important to me too, but you must know this that I cannot just sitting duck at home, and I’m really good at taking care of myself. Okay, okay, I promise to back straight home after the practice. No hanging out with my friends who actually the only thing that can keep me sane under this whole ridiculous situation. I’ll even give a call before and after the practice. How about that?”

Sungjong calmed a bit hearing that. He ruffled his baby brother’s hair at his teasing.

This stupid idiot little brother.

He loved him nonetheless.

At least they can meet half way.

“I would like that, thank you, Kyu.”

Sungjong’s phone was suddenly ringing (he jumped a little at that because of surprise) and the caller ID showed the name of his baby’s father. He smiled instantly and accepted the call.

“Hi, Myungsoo hyung! Bye, Myungsoo hyung!” Sunkyu said a bit louder through the phone and Sungjong chuckled at that. “He said hi back, Kyu.” Baby Bean moved even more active. It seemed like he knew his daddy was calling his pappa and he wanted to be included. “Apparently, Beanie said hello to you, too, Myungie.” Sungjong’s smiled just got wider. He forgot about the ugly part of his life that currently was happening for a moment.

He deserved a break, yes?

“I’m gonna get ready, okay?” Sunkyu whispered and left when the older brother nodded and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter