Chapter 22; Part 1

The Perfectly Imperfect Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“You not coming? Babe?” Myungsoo asked when he noticed Sungjong wasn’t following him got out from the car while Dongwoo and Sungyeol were already made their way to the dorm.

Gonam kept the engine running, just in case. He was confused with Sungjong’s action as Myungsoo too to be frank.

Sungjong put one hand on his abdomen, rubbing soothingly, where his baby had been shifting restlessly. It seemed like Bean wasn’t really fancy with whatever idea his Pappa got at the moment.

Daddy’s boy.

It was rather not fair to Sungjong because he was the one who carried him but he fancied his other father? There must be a trick or two Myungsoo had been playing.

Cutting his own nonsense thought, Sungjong then took a step out and sighed.

He took Myungsoo’s hands in his, looking at Myungsoo with a sad smile and sad eyes, and said, “You go on. I think… I’m going home.”

Upon hearing that, Myungsoo gripped Sungjong’s hands a bit tighter, yet not hard enough to hurt him, “But why?”

“Well… um… I’ll be more comfortable when I sleep on my own bed.”

“You’ve been with us for almost two weeks now, Jongie,” Myungsoo huffed a disbelief laugh.

“Guess… I’m missing my family. Especially my mum’s food.”

“Oh, your mum is definitely a great cook, alright. Can I come with you then?”

“Hm, don’t you have your schedule for tomorrow? Got photoshoot and interview for that company, what is it again, I forgot the name.”

“Never you mind about that, Gonam hyung will fetch me the next morning,” Myungsoo said easily.

“Isn’t tomorrow Gonam hyung's off day? Right, hyung?” Sungjong asked the manager and caught the manager off guard when the guy was just chilling while watching some random video of a stranger’s cat on his facebook.

“So what? Other managers can fetch me. If they were on their off day too, sajangnim can fetch me himself. Or I can reschedule later.”

“No, Myungie. You have a reputation to live up. People will talk bad if you done that. Always remember our roots, yeah?”

After a brief pause, Myungsoo said, “Love, I can tell something’s up. Talk to me,” he sounded almost pleaded. He was desperate to know what was going on because he didn’t like it when Sungjong making excuses like this to him. His guts told Sungjong was keeping things from him. Especially when Sungjong was so quiet on the way back from the restaurant.

“Noth—nothing is wrong, Myu—Myungie. Don’t you worry, hm?” Sungjong told him with one hand fixing Myungsoo’s hair a bit here and there and rested on Myungsoo’s left face, lending the warmth to the rather cold skin, while the other still holding Myungsoo’s hand. Sungjong looked straight in Myungsoo’s eyes – his clear tone was undercut with a choking heaviness that forced him to pause several times.

The irony.

I love you so much. I don’t want you to get hurt.

Myungsoo’s breaths were coming out in small, short gasps. “May I know wha—what is me to you? Wh—what is us?” He put his hand on top of Sungjong’s hand that on his cheek and then held it back down. He squared up his jaw. Tense was obviously could be tasted on the air.

“You are—you are,”

“That I’m your bandmate? Your hyung? Your friend? I’m just the half-parent? Just the other father? We are co-parenting? What are we?” Myungsoo didn’t know why he suddenly became so interested to know what he was in Sungjong’s eyes, and he also didn’t know why he felt kind of angry towards Sungjong too.

They never declared themselves as boyfriends after all. They just went as exclusive for each other ever since the rumour about Myungsoo and Kim Dohyun broke out.

“You are my other half. You are my life,” Sungjong answered whispery yet confidently. Tears of despondency slowly cascaded down his cheeks leaving him weak and frail.

I love you, so, so much.

“Then,” Myungsoo took a few short breaths, pressing his lips together like he only did when he was trying really hard not to cry. “Why are you trying to get away from me? Why are you not telling me something is bothering you?”

“I was—I wasn’t,”

“Keeping things from me, lying to me; am I not worthy at all, Sungjongie?” His mouth quavered. This time, Myungsoo cried too. Once that first tear broke free, the rest followed in an unbroken stream. He turned around and pinched his nose, sniffled and put his hands on his hips while lowered his head.

Was this betrayal that he tasted?

He knew he was over reacting but he can’t be blame ent

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter