Chapter 9

Demons Within

 

As I stepped out of the elevator I was met with their living room, it was big and open. There were three couches standing around a big coffee table and up against the wall was a big flatscreen TV. To the left was a hallway and I think that’s where the rooms are and to the right was an open vault that led to the kitchen. It looks like a fancy place but it also has a ”homie” vibe.

 

Most of the guys was was seated on the couches together with Eunji but I couldn’t spot Chen, D.O. and Baekhyun. But all of a sudden I heard a crash coming from the kitchen

”Yah! What have I told you about moving around glasses in the air!” I heard D.O. yell ”And especially you two, you might belong to the extremes but your basic power control . Now don’t be so lazy and walk to the cabinet and get a glass” He continued, sounding pissed off.

 

”But it’s so far away” Chen whined

”Can’t you get it for us” Baekhyun lazily said. Next thing I knew, they where both running out from the kitchen.

”Why would you ask him that when he was busy you idiot, you know how he gets” Chen whispered loudly to Baekhyun. They ran to the others hoping that D.O. wouldn’t chase after them.

 

I giggled because of how funny it looked and then I walked into the kitchen where D.O. was. On the floor was a shattered glass. D.O. had his back turned to me but I could tell that he was really annoyed.

 

”Do you need any help cleaning that up?” I asked making him turn around and look at me

”No it’s fine, I wouldn’t want you to hurt your pretty little hands by doing that”

”Who said I’d be using my hands” I said as one by one the pieces rose from the ground and was levitating in front of us.

 

”Where should I put it?”

”Put it in the trashcan over there” he pointed behind me to my right. I simply opened the lid, again using my basic powers. I then levitated all the pieces into the trashcan and closed the lid. I turned and flashed him a innocent smile.

”Done!”

 

”Wow that’s impressive most people that are in any of the categories higher than a basic usually can’t use their basic powers to do two things at the same time” he said looking impressed.

”Well since I can’t use my real powers, I figured that I should get better at the basic things”

”I’m pretty sure you’re better than any of us in the extreme category, I mean some of us can’t even levitate an object from one side of the room to the other, or if we were to change the color of something then it would become the wrong color” he said but then gave a small laugh ”That actually just refers to Chen, Baekhyun and Xiumin”  

 

”HEY! We’re not that bad” Baekhyun said as he and Chen walked back into the kitchen.

”Yes you are” Kris said with an expressionless face as he came in after them ”And I thought you to were to afraid to walk into the kitchen”

”We are not afraid of what D.O. will do” Chen said as looking all proud and stuff.

 

”Oh please you just noticed that Shia was in here and you knew that D.O. wouldn’t do anything as long as she was here” Kai said laughing as he walked into the kitchen, making  everyone else laugh as Chen and baekhyun looked slightly embarrassed.

 

”Hey D.O. weren’t you going to bake something, how long is it until it’s done? You better make something with chocolate! and why haven’t you even started yet?” Baekhyun started whining.

”Well if someone wouldn’t have made a mess in here then I would have been able to begin  already” D.O. responded eyeing Chen and Baekhyun, making them slowly back out from the kitchen.

”Um.... we’ll be...” Chen said pointing to the living room

”Yes... um.... bye!” Baekhyun continued and then they both turned and rushed over to the others sitting on the couches, afraid that D.O. would do something to them.

 

Again the scene made me giggle. But I became interested as soon as I heard the word baking, because I LOVE baking.

”Are you gonna bake?” I asked looking at him with big pleading eyes

”Yes I was planing on it, but I don’t know what to make”  he said scratching the back of his neck

”Please let me help” I begged giving him my most adorable puppy eye look, which I know that no one can resist because it even worked on my teacher that homeschooled me. I could use it on him to get out of doing my homework and stuff. Both Kai and D.O. looked at me a bit shocked, even Kris stopped to look at me with a shocked expression before continuing to leave with a glass of water in his hand.

 

”Sure of course you can! I’ll go get a cookbook so that we can find something delicious to make” D.O. responded and went out of the kitchen but was back in about just 10 seconds.

”wow you must really like baking” Kai said smiling at me ”I mean for you to make such an adorable face you must love it”

”Yes I really, really love it. Baking is one of the best things in the world” I exclaimed showing a wide smile.

”well then I’ll let you guys do your thing while I join the others” he said and left the kitchen.

 

D.O. placed the book on the counter top, and we started flipping trough the pages looking for something really delicious. We both made comments on almost every picture saying that it either looked delicious, funny or just weird. but as sone as we reached a page we both freaked out because that was seriously the most delicious looking cake in the whole wide world. It was a recipe for a Devil’s Food Cake.

 

”Okay what do you want to make, the cake base or the frosting” he asked me

”I can go with the cake base if that’s okay with you”

”Sure than I’ll do the frosting” he said showing me a sweet smile ” But let’s first take out all the ingredients and the bowls and stuff” I just nodded and did as he told me since I didn’t really know where any of the things were in this kitchen.

 

We decided that it was best to make two batches since we are quite many. I quickly made the base because it was such an easy thing and then I put it in the oven, while waiting for it to be ready I decided to watch D.O. make the frosting and we started chitchatting about random things. When the clock rang I took the base out of the oven and put it too cool of and then regained talking to D.O. I liked him he was a nice person and easy to talk to so we get along really well.

 

When the frosting was done and the base was cooled of, we started putting the cake together. After that we stated eating the remaining frosting from the bowl, and it was freaking delicious, chocolate frosting is the best! We then decided to do the dishes, normally I hate doing the dishes but being two made it a lot more fun.