Chapter 14

Demons Within

 

We were making our way out of the nurse’s office when Lay suddenly grabbed a hold of my arm.

”What?” I looked at him confused. The others were walking in front of us talking loudly.

”I didn’t really think about it that much before when you lied to the nurse because I was focused on getting you to tell me what happened,” He said in a low voice so that the others wouldn’t hear him. ”but she said you suffered from amnesia. Is that really true?” I didn’t think about it when I used it as an excuse before that Lay would learn about it. How careless of me. 

 

I sighed. Guess there’s no point in hiding it from him then.

”Yes, I have no memory from the time I was born until I was 14, which means I only remember the last three years of my life.” I responded him in an equally low voice.

”Why what happened?”

”They say I fell and hit my head” I replied nonchalantly.

”But you don’t seem to believe that.” He furrowed his brows looking at me questionably.

”No not really, but you have to promise me that you won’t tell anyone because I don’t really want people to know. The only ones that do know is Luhan and Eunji well the teachers too of course”

”I promise I won’t tell a soul” He stated and smiled at me and I did the same.

 

We arrived at the classroom and quickly took our seats. I noticed people in the room looking at me and talking too each other, wondering what happened to me and why I wasn’t at the power control lesson. I chose to ignore them. Eunji and I sat at our desk by the window while some of the exo members sat at their desks around us and the others who had their desks further away were standing here leaning against the desks whilst chatting with us since the teacher had yet to arrive.

 

”So how are you feeling? Lay told us you fainted because you hadn’t been drinking properly.” Kai sounded a bit concerned. I glanced over at Lay who was busy talking to Sehun. Grateful that he had made up an excuse.

”Yeah but I’m all better now.” I said reassuringly which seemed to make him relived.

”You should really take better care of your self!” Suho said. I like the fact that I only met them three days ago and they seem to care about me. That just shows how nice these guys really are, except for Sehun of course.

”I know, I’m sorry for worrying you guys!” I smiled apologetically. We continued chatting a bit until the teacher arrived.

 

”Good afternoon class!” She greeted us. Everyone returned to their seats. ”Since we have a new student in the class I would like too introduce myself. You can call me mrs Lee, this is the only lesson that you will have me in this year and I want the classroom to be quiet when I’m talking.” She sounds strict, but the class seems to respect her because everyone was quiet. ”Today we’re going too focus on changing the color of your hair. I know some of you know it, but most of you don’t. When you know how to change your hair into one color then try adding highlights too it so you have a mix of colors. Depending on how quickly you are able to learn this, you might have some time over to work in pairs and change your partners hair color. You will notice that it’s easier too change your own hair since it’s attached to your own body so changing you partner’s color might be a bit more difficult.” She went on explaining how to accomplish this. I have never tried changing my hair color, but it didn’t seem all that difficult.

 

 

Lastly mrs Lee told us to get started. I didn’t find it difficult at all. I started by changing my original brown hair to a deep red color, I pictured the shade of red that I wanted and then I felt the color spread from my roots to the ends of my hair. I smiled feeling satisfied with my result as I held the ends of my hair in my hand, examining it. I turned to look at Eunji, seeing her struggle. She had her eyes closed and focused hard on the task, but nothing happened. I moved along to the next step and started adding orange highlights to my now red hair. The mix of the two colors reminded me of fire, but it looked cool.

 

”That looks awesome! How did you do that, I can’t even change my hair to one color.” Eunji pouted which only made her look extremely adorable.

”It’s because you’re forcing it too much!” I smiled at her.

”Am I forcing it?” She asked confused ”Then please tell me how I’m supposed to do it!” She begged.

 

”Okay!” I replied ”Tell me which color you are thinking of.” I turned all my attention to her as I started explaining.

”Purple!” She smiled excitedly making me smile brightly in return.

”Okay, I want you to focus your mind on a specific shade of the color.” She obeyed and closed her eyes.

”Done, now what?”

”Now I want you to picture the color spreading through your hair, from the roots to the ends. That’s the whole thing with basic powers, is to picture things.” Eunji did as she was told and you could see the purple color spreading from her scalp. She grabbed some of her hair to look at it and beamed when she noticed her success.

 

”I did it” She grinned happily. ”Now, how do I do highlights.” She looked at me curiously.

”Did you not pay attention when mrs Lee was explaining?” I frowned.

”Yes, but you explained it so much simpler!” She smiled sheepishly and rubbed her neck.

”She’s right, you explanation was so much easier to understand!” Chanyeol said from behind us which made me turn to look at him and D.O.

”Yeah, I agree!” This time it was Xiumin who spoke so I turned to look at him and Suho who were sitting in front of us. I hadn’t noticed that they were paying attention to what I had said to Eunji.

”I wouldn’t have pulled this off,” Xiumin pointed at his now pink hair ”if it weren’t for you!” He smiled cutely, making me smile in return.

 

”Okay, if you guys know how to do this now then you should work on doing highlights.” I said smiling at all five of them.

”But how do we do that?” Suho asked.

”Just like before you picture the color you want the highlights in and then you have to focus it on some small areas on your head and make the color spread from those spots.” They all closed their eyes and focused. While they were doing that I decided to change my hair color back to brown again, but when the color had spread almost all the way down I changed the color to blonde so it was now going from dark brown to blond giving it an ombre effect.

 

Since the other guys were still focusing on their hair I decided to look around the classroom the see everyone else’s hair colors. It brought a smile to my lips as I saw the queenkas struggling to change their hair color. My eyes traveled to Luhan and Sehun’s table. Luhan’s hair was pink just like Xiumin’s and he was now focusing on adding highlights. Sehun had his elbow on the table, leaning his head into his hand looking at the front of the classroom with a bored expression, but at the same time he was adding random colors into his hair making it look like a rainbow threw up on him. Even though I hate to admit it, it actually looks good on him. I guess he’s good with his basic powers since he did this easily.

 

He noticed someone looking at him and snapped his head in my direction and locked eyes with me. For some reason I couldn’t look away, I couldn’t decipher his gaze, it was like a mix between wonder, confusion and something else. His lips formed a smirk which made me blush. Wait, what? Why the hell was I blushing? I got snapped out of my thoughts as Eunji pulled my arm in an attempt to make me look at her, which I did.

 

”Look, it worked!” She grinned. Her purple hair had now some black highlights in it.

”Good job, should we do the next exercise then?” I asked smiling at her result.

”Sure, you go first!” I focused on her hair and easily turned her hair blonde.

”There, your turn!” I beamed. She grabbed some of her hair in her hand to look at it before giving me a look of amazement

”Wow! How did you do it so fast?” her reaction made me chuckle.

”I just find this quite simple.” I shrugged my shoulders. ”Now it’s your turn. Remember you just have to picture it clearly.” I reminded her. 

 

Eunji focused hard, it took her a couple of minutes but she managed to change my hair to black. I caught my reflection in the window which Eunji had her back turned against since she was facing me. The reflection looked so familiar but I couldn’t put my finger on it and a few seconds later a sharp pain shot through my head, hurting like hell. I put my head in my hands hoping the headache would go away. It only took a few seconds for it to go away. Well that was weird. I’ve never felt that before.

”Are you okay?” Eunji asked giving me a worried look.

”I’m fine, just a slight headache!” I replied with a smile. It wasn’t anything she should be worried about. 

 

”Luhan are you okay?” I could hear Sehun ask. I looked over my shoulder to see Luhan clutching his head. Sehun had a worried look etched on his face. It took a minute, but eventually Luhan looked up glancing towards me with confusion. Why did he look towards me?

”Yeah I’m fine! Someones thoughts were just too loud.” He said still looking at me before turning to smile at the younger one who was frowning slightly.

 

Everyone was interrupted as mrs. Lee spoke up.

”That’s it for today class, enjoy the rest of the day!” She smiled politely. Everyone got up, some hurried out of the classroom whilst me, Eunji and exo took our time.

”Shia!” mrs Lee walked up to me.

”Yes?” I enquired.

”I was watching you during class. You did very well, this seemed easy to you.” She replied ”I want to check how good your basic powers are.” She continued.

”Sure, how do I do that?” I asked looking at her. I hope this will go quickly because I’m tired and I’m making Eunji and the guys wait. They were all still standing inside the classroom.

 

”I want you to levitate as many objects as you can in here, preferably the heavy ones. It’s the simplest way to find out.” I shrugged my shoulders in response. Easy enough. I started by lifting all the desks up, letting them hover above the ground. I continued by lifting the teachers desk and all the chairs. I looked towards the back and noticed there were some bookshelves so I lifted them to trying to not let anything fall of the shelves, but one book managed to slip so I just used my powers and levitated it back into the bookshelf. I glanced around the classroom to find more things to lift, but everything was already floating around in the air except for us.

 

”This and three people is what I can levitate.” I said as I turned to look at mrs Lee. I might as well prove that I can lift three people too so I turned to look at the guys and lifted Chanyeol, Kris and Sehun since they were three of the tallest members. Sehun and Kris was complaining while Chanyeol was shouting ”I’m flying!” I put everything back down on the ground debating with myself whether or not I should slam Sehun into a well when I was at it, but decided against it since a teacher was present. I focused my attention back to mrs Lee who held a shocked expression. I quickly glanced around the room to notice that everyone else had the same expression.

 

”That is quite impressive Shia!” She smiled, but I could tell that behind her smile she was bewildered. ”You can leave now, have a nice day.” We all replied with wishing her the same before leaving the classroom to head to our lockers before going back to our dorms.

 

”Wow Shia, that was amazing!” Tao exclaimed

”It wasn’t that amazing, I’ve seen people do better!” I chuckled.

”No one at this school.” Kris stated. We all had our lockers at different places along he way so when I arrived at mine it was only me and Sehun since ours are next to each other. I noticed him looking at me which made me turn to look at him.

 

”What now?” I asked feeling a bit annoyed that he kept prying into my life.

”I don’t get it?”

”You don’t get what?” I asked as I opened my locker.

”You are the second best fighter at the school, right after Taecyeon. You got some amazing skills when it comes to your basic powers. But you are not allowed to use your own powers. Where did you learn all that stuff?” He asked getting all worked up.

”Just... Around...” I answered him vaguely. How was I supposed to answer him that when I didn’t even know the answer myself? He rolled his eyes at my response.

 

As I took my stuff out of my looker, something fell out which Sehun was quick to pick up. It was the book I borrowed at the library. As he noticed it didn’t say anything on the cover he opened the book and looked at the first page.

”The demon war?” He read and looked at me. ”Why are you reading this, we aren’t supposed to start working on this until next week.” I shrugged my shoulders in response.

”I found it interesting.” I replied simply. ”How do you know we’re going to start studying this next week?” I asked as I snatched the book from his hands. Which made him roll his eyes, again.

”I’m the principals grandson, I know timetable for all the courses!” He stated as a matter-of-fact. And this time it was my turn to roll my eyes. Dropping the subject, we both grabbed our things and made our way back to the others.

 

 

Author’s note

 

Hi guys, hope you still like my story! Thanks to everyone who has subscribed, voted or commented, it makes me so happy! 

This chapter is a bit longer than what I usually write, actually it’s the double amount of what I normally write, but I hope you guys don’t mind :)

xoxo