Chapter 8

Demons Within

 

When we reached the dorm I decided to take a shower. Even though it’s only Monday I feel really tired, maybe it’s because I’m not really that used to going to school since I have been homeschooled for the past three years. I got out of the shower and got dressed and then I started blowdrying my hair. After about 15 minutes I was finally done.

 

”Hey, are you done?” Eunji asked

”Yeah, why?”

”Well I’m starving so do you wanna head down and eat dinner?” she asked putting her hand on her stomach as it started screaming for food.

”Sure, I’m also hungry” I answered with a small laugh. 

 

We went out of our room and headed for the elevator. When we reached the first floor and the elevator doors opened, we were welcomed by the delicious smell of food and it made both of our stomachs growl which made us both giggle. We walked into the cafeteria and got our food. We were looking around for an empty table but there was none. I could see Luhan walking up to us and I just showed him a smile

 

”Hi again” he said

”Hi to you too” I replied

”Do you two want to sit with us” he asked and I hesitantly looked at their table. Luhan seemed to notice my hesitation ”Come on we don’t bite” he jokingly said. I turned to look at Eunji and she just shyly nodded

”Okay I guess we can sit with you” I said making him smile brighter.

 

We followed him to the table and I sat down next to Kai and Eunji sat next to me, on her left side was Tao. And guess who I had the joy of sitting in front of, of course the annoying brat and on his right side was Luhan.

 

”Hi guys” I said and showed a friendly smile

”Hi” they all replied in a little choir except for Sehun

”So you’re also friends with Luhan now?” Kai asked smiling

”Yeah we ran into each other when school ended, she got in trouble with some guys and I helped her out” Luhan responded making me glare at him. Why did he have to mention the last part?

 

”What? why didn’t you tell me about it?” Eunji asked glaring at me

”Sorry, I didn’t want to worry you and besides I’m fine” I said with a sheepishly smile

”What happened?” Chanyeol asked

”Yeah tell us, we’re curious” Chen said. I sighed annoyingly but decided to tell them

 

”Well it’s not really a big deal. It was just four guys that walked up to me and asked if I wanted to have some fun, I said no but then one of them grabbed my wrist and he was like super strong and I couldn’t break free, and then they tried to drag me towards their room and thats when Luhan showed up” I explained

”Why didn’t you just kick their asses like you did to Sehun?” Baekhyun asked making the other ones around the table break out in laughter, well all except for Sehun that was giving Baekhyun a look that could kill.

 

”Because he was extremely strong and I would just make myself tired trying to fight him”

”Oh yeah right, you’re not allowed to use your power” Xiumin said

”Why?” Sehun asked looking at me

”So I guess your grandfather didn’t give you an answer” I said mockingly

”Just answer the question” he said annoyed

”Yes please tell us, we’re really curious” Kai said and then everyone else started begging too. I don’t like being pressured like this.

 

”Guys stop! you’re making her uncomfortable, if she doesn’t want to say it then she doesn’t have too” Suho said making everyone shut up, I just gave him a grateful smile.

”Sorry” they said in a choir.

 

”But where did you go to school before you came here?” Suho asked

”Nowhere, I was homeschooled” I stated

”Wow that’s cool! must be fun” Tao exclaimed

”Actually, it’s really boring”

”Why so?” Lay asked

”Well for example all the teachers attention will be on you so you have to focus on what he’s saying, even if it’s really boring. And another thing is that you don’t have any friends to talk to” I simply explained

”Yeah you’re right, that does sound boring” Kris said poking his food, not eating any of it.

 

”Well if we’re all done eating, then how about we head up to our floor. I mean since you two don’t really seem like the stalker kind of girls and it would be fun to get to know each other better” Suho suggested being the friendly guy he is and all the guys agreed saying it would be fun, well all except for Sehun but I mean who cares about him.

 

Eunji and I locked eyes.

”Sure we’re in” we said at the same time

”Okay then let’s leave” D.O. said and got up from his seat making the rest of us do the same. We put away our plates and then headed for the elevator. I was one of the last one to arrive at the elevator along with Sehun since he got stopped with some fangirls and I had to push my way trough them. And because of that the elevator was already full.

 

”Sorry Shia but you’ll have to take the next one... with Sehun...” Kai said showing an apologetic smile.

”It’s okay, there’s no helping that the elevator is full” I said smiling an honest smile

”You two, please try not to kill each other” Luhan said as the door closed. 

 

Well this is awkward. I could feel him staring at me as we waited for the elevator to get back down. After a minute it was really starting to annoy me.

 

”Can I help you with something?” I asked and turned to him, giving him an annoyed look.

”What is it about your powers that’s so special that not even I can know about it” gosh why is he so sett on finding out about my powers.

”why do you even care, it got nothing to do with you”

”I’m curious, I’ve never heard of someone who’s not allowed to use their powers. but maybe you don’t have any, maybe you just bribed someone to get in to the strong class” he said looking at me, waiting for what I was going to say next. And him saying that made me snap. 

 

”What!? I haven’t done anything to get in to this school. I didn’t even really want to go here, but I didn’t want to trouble the people taking care of me. And they put me here saying that nothing would happen to me here and I don’t even know what they meant when they said that” as soon as I finished speaking the elevator arrived, I huffed in annoyance before we both steeped in, Sehun pushed the button for his floor and then the door closed and we started going up.

 

”So you’re saying that you don’t really know why they put you here” he asked and his tone was slightly gentle, surprising me a bit since he’s only spoken to me with a harsh tone. I just gave him a small nod.

”Tell me why you aren’t allowed to use your powers and I might be able to tell you why you’re here” I knew he said that just because he wanted to know why I’m not allowed to use them

”Keep trying, I’m not going to tell you”

”It was worth a try” he said with a shrug and then the ding was heard, meaning we had arrived at their floor.