Chapter 13

Demons Within

 

Lay’s POV

 

Luhan and I were walking down the hallway heading to our next lesson which was power control training. Even though we have it at the same time as the rest of our class, we don’t train together since what they do is far to simple for us in the extreme class. I feel a bit sad about the fact that we won’t get to see Shia though, since we only got to see her during biology. She seems like such an interesting person, she’s a bit of a mystery. Just like everyone else I am curious as to why she is not allowed to use her powers.

 

I snapped out of my thoughts as Luhan stopped in his tracks in the middle of the hallway.

”Why did you stop? We’re gonna be late” I complained. He ignored me and started heading for the bathrooms.

”Hyung... that’s the ladies bathroom...” He turned to look at me with that ’do you think I’m an idiot’ look.

”Thank you captain obvious!” He respond ”I’m going in here because I’m pretty sure someone is passed out in here and I don’t want to just leave her there” Luhan said, he can sense if someone is unconscious or not because when we are, our thoughts are different from how they are when we’re awake, he says it’s very hard to explain. Luhan proceeds in opening the door. 

 

”Well why didn’t you just say that the first time I asked” I huffed in annoyance as we stepped into the bathroom. Luhan was right, on the floor laid a passed out girl, and not just any girl, it was Shia. We both scurried up to her.

”We need to take her to the nurse’s office” Luhan stated

”I’ll take her there, you should go tell her teacher and Eunji because they will probably be worried when she doesn’t show up” He didn’t argue with me since I am the one with the most medical experience in our group. As Luhan left, I bent down to pick up her limp body in my arms and carried her to the nurse’s office.

 

 

Shia’s POV

 

My eyes slowly fluttered open. Looking up at the sealing I could tell that I was in an unfamiliar place. I noticed that I was lying down on a bed, so I sat up to look around and there I saw Lay sitting in a chair looking out the window.

”Lay?” I asked a bit confused ”Where am I?”

”Oh you’re awake?” He said and got up from the chair ”We are at the nurse’s office. Luhan and I found you passed out in the ladies room”

”What were you two doing in the ladies room” I asked him raising a brow. Amused by my question, he chuckled, letting his adorable dimples show.

”You’re not the one who should be asking questions here?” he responded getting more serious. 

 

Before I had time to respond a door opened to what looked like an office which must be where the nurse does her paperwork. The nurse who looked to be in her early 30‘s, was dressed in a white coat and her brown hair tied in a bun. She walked up to the bed I was lying in.

”Shia how are you feeling” She asked smiling down at me.

”I have a headache but other than that I’m fine” I responded with a polite smile.

”Do you mind telling me what happened?”

 

”It’s nothing really, I was thinking to hard on trying to remember my old memories which made my head start spinning and last thing I know everything went black” I lied thinking it might work since it has happened to me a few times before. 

”That does sometimes happen to people who suffer from amnesia, but you shouldn’t try to force your memories to return because they will return on their own” good she bought it.

”I know it was stupid of me” I faked being sorry about it

”You should rest a bit, I’ll be in my office if you need anything or you can just ask Lay, he knows where everything is” She smiled one last time before getting up and returning to her office.

 

I sighed with relief that she didn’t ask about the wound on my wrist, but when I looked down on it, the wound was gone. My eyes doubled in surprise, I kept turning my wrist to check if it really was gone. My action was interrupted as Lay spoke up

”I healed it for you, because I was pretty sure that you weren’t gonna tell the truth to the nurse, and my guess was correct” he said with a serious expression

”Thank you” there wasn’t any point in telling him that what I told the nurse was true since he clearly wouldn’t believe me.

”Tell me what happened” he commanded me

”It’s nothing I just fell and hurt my wrist and past out at the sight of blood” I lied, again.

 

”Fine if you’re not gonna tell me the truth then I’ll just have too call the nurse and tell her to check up on that bruise you have on your stomach.” I didn’t know I had a bruise there, but when I slightly lifted my shirt I saw a big bruise in the shade of a dark purple color.

”Wait how did you know about it?” Did he lift my shirt? He just rolled his eyes.

”I’m a healer, and a good one at that, I can sense every bruise or wound on a person’s body when I touch them” He responded ”But don’t go of topic, respond to my question or I’ll go tell her right now” He threatened.

 

”Seriously Lay if I tell you then the others will find out too, and I don’t want to talk about it so let’s just say that it was me and someone else disagreeing on something okay?” I don’t want them all to know because it’s nothing they should worry about. Eunji told me yesterday when we were talking about the queenkas that they once bullied a girl and she told on them so they ended up hurting her friend. I can handle anything they will do to me, because it has no affect on me since I don’t buckle under pressure, besides rather me than Eunji.

 

”Fine I’ll give in this time, but if something like this ever happens again then I won’t give up as easily” he stated, sounding displeased.

”Can I ask something” I asked

”What?”

”Why did you only heal my wrist and not my bruise?” why only one and not both.

”Because otherwise you would have said a lie and I wouldn’t have any evidence” he smiled slightly ”do you want me to heal it?”

”Yes please, because it hurts like hell” I complained

”Fine then lift your shirt” 

”Okay but don’t get any ideas” I joked and he just laughed and started to heal me as I lifted my shirt a bit. I then told him to return to class because I wanted to rest, he obliged but told me that he would check up on me later. I then closed my eyes to try to get an hour of rest before the next lesson starts.

 

I wake up to the sound of voices.

”Do you think she want’s to go to the last lesson?” I hear someone say and I believe the voice belongs to Xiumin

”Maybe we should just let her sleep” Luhan says.

”How mad do you think she would get if I were to draw a mustache on her face” Baekhyun asked. Very mad, I think to myself

”If you do that than I get to draw a beard on her” Chanyeol responds. Don’t you dare.

”Guys that is so childish of you” thank you Chen ”We should write stuff on her face instead” never mind Chen you’re an idiot too.

”Stop it we’re not gonna draw on her” Suho says sounding annoyed.

”Aw come on don’t be such a buzzkill” Baekhyun complains. 

 

I sit straight up in the bed and glare at them.

”How do you guys think I will sleep when it sounds like a zoo in here?” I rubbed my eyes

”Sorry Shia these guys have a hard time keeping their mouths shut” D.O apologizes.

”How are you feeling?” Eunji asks sounding concerned.

”I’m fine” I give her a reassuring smile. ”Should we head to class?” I asked them.

”Are you sure you wanna go?” Suho asks sounding like a concerned parent.

”Yeah I’m sure!” I respond ”By the way, where are the rest of you?” I look at them seeing some of the members are missing.

”They went to class already since we didn’t want it to get too crowded in here” Lay answers my question.

”Okay, let’s go then” I say as I get out of the bed and we head for the final lesson of the day, basic bower control, something that I’m actually good at.